The lady of the house

The YM Mystery Series: The Night at the Class Reunion

At another corner of the house, stood two other ladies. They were standing beside a display enclosed in a glass case. 

"The lady of the house must be very rich. This diamond specie is very rare, I believe. My husband wanted very much to get hold of it, but he never did." One of them said, with pity in her eyes. Despite her statement, it could still be seen that she was very rich, as she had a 3-carat ring on her finger and also a big diamond brooch. She looked like a woman of high class and status in the society, either a wife of a political figure or CEO of a multinational company. 

The other woman simply took a short glance at the diamond in the display and then another at the other woman's brooch and ring. She muttered under her breath, "Whatever. Both are snobs anyway. What a show-off." The first woman heard her say something and asked, "Pardon? I didn't hear you clearly." "Oh nothing much. These diamonds are indeed very pretty and expensive. I could never afford them," The second woman replied.

"I'm Seo Joohyun. But everyone calls me Seohyun," The first one said. The othe woman looked a bit surprised, but responded, "Choi Sooyoung. You were once the class secretary right?" The woman called Seohyun said, "Yeah. But I disliked that position anyway. Mrs Lee never gave me any chance to prove myself, she declined my request to become class rep! She was simply being biased." Sooyoung lowered down her volume and whispered, "You wouldn't want to say that too loud. I heard the lady of this house was our class rep, I think it's...Jung Sooyeon or something?"

"Yes, I think so. But I wouldn't care anyway. Her husband used to work for my husband, she wouldn't dare to do anything..." Seohyun rattled away. Sooyoung was desperately trying to hush Seohyun when suddenly, all heads were turned to the gigantic staircase in the middle of the house, as a lady, an exact replica to the one in the painting appeared. Same clothes, same hair. Everything was exactly the same.

She made her way down carefully, while a kind of mysterious aura surrounded her. She started to go to each part of the house and talk to the guests, or her ex-classmates. Even though they were all the same age, she somehow managed to get an upper hand on them, seemingly more dominant.

Soon, she came to the two ladies. "Annyeonghaseyo, welcome. Do you both perhaps remember me?" Seohyun smirked a little when she heard that. Sooyoung replied, "If I'm not wrong, Sooyeon perhaps?" That lady put on a grin and said, "Yes, but I would prefer to be known as Jessica now." Seohyun took a look at Jessica from head to toe. "Well, I guess you never really changed eh? Still the same old Jung Sooyeon." 

Jessica seemed a bit irritated by that comment. She managed to recover in a second and said still smilingly, "Is that so? I don't think so though. These years I think I have changed a lot. I guess only SOME people who were once so clingy and irritating would not have." Seohyun was provoked. Still wanting to maintain her composure, she put on a big smile and replied, "I think so too. Excuse me, I need a trip to the restroom." Jessica smirked as Seohyun turned around and walked away. Sooyoung was oblivious to the whole situation and thought they were just having a small chat. Jessica gave Sooyoung a slight nod and moved on to another group of people. 



Author's Note: How was this chapter? Once again, don't be offended if I made your fave idol a baddie or anything. It's just to make the plot more interesting. Kekeke^^