The murderer strikes again

The YM Mystery Series: The Night at the Class Reunion

 

Hearing the voice downstairs, the ladies were terrified yet curious. Who was it exactly? They wanted to look yet were too scared. Soon, the voice disappeared. They went downstairs. There was no one. Jessica was still on the floor. Who was the on that made the phone call anyway? The ladies ignored it and went upstairs again.

 

Luna peered out from the windows. It was raining heavily outside. The lights weren't working well either. Probably because of the rain. Suddenly, another blackout occured. Everyone froze at their places, until the lights came back on again. Hyoyeon snapped, "Yah! Sunny! Why did you let go of my hand when I almost fell during the blackout? Aish..." She turned around and was about to continue when she realised...

 

Sunny was missing.

 

"Yah! People! Sunny...she...is missing!" Hyoyeon was panicking. "Bwoh? Where did she go?" Sooyoung looked anxious and worried. Seohyun, however, appeared calm, "She must have gone somewhere else. She's a scaredy cat, she's scared of thunderstorms, didn't you guys know that?" The rest thought Seohyun was right and then continued walking. They sat down in front of a large table. Sooyoung started, "Every single one of us here has a possibility of being the murderer. Yes, including me. But now we'll have to analyse the chances and try to avoid allowing the killer from escaping. We'll start with you, Krystal."

 

"What? Why me?" Krystal pointed to herself and said in fluent English.

 

"Krystal-sshi, you're Jessica's sister, right?" Sooyoung asked, ignoring Krystal's whines. "Pshh. Duh. Isn't that so obvious?" Krystal snapped back. "And if I'm not wrong...you once had a boyfriend named...Lee Onew right?" Sooyoung smirked as she saw Krystal's face turn white. She sat there frozen in shock. The rest were murmuring. "What? Lee Onew? THE Lee Onew?" "Isn't he Jessica's husband?" "Omo...I didn't know they dated each other before..." Sooyoung interrupted, "I shall take that as a yes." After that, her grin turned into an expressionless face, "Did you kill her?" Krystal fell off her chair upon hearing that. "NO! I DIDN'T! NO! NO!" Krystal eyes were opened super wide as she crouched down on the floor, covering her ears and screaming hysterically. The other women were in a state of shock by her behaviour. Luna went down to help her up, but Krystal shook her off roughly. Sooyoung went to Krystal and calmly pacified her, "Okay Krystal. We know you didn't. Come on, sit down. Calm down. Don't get too uptight. Take a deep breath..." Krystal did as she was instructed and soon calmed down.

 

The rest heaved a sigh of relief. "What was that?!" Hyoyeon whispered to Seohyun. Seohyun shook her head and whispered back, "I heard the Jung Family has had some mental disease for a few decades already. It keeps getting passed down to their next generation." Hyoyeon was shocked to hear that. Soon, Sooyoung continued her interrogation. "Uhm...Okay then. Next, Luna. You seem to be one of the least suspicious ones here, but we can't rule out any posibility can we?" Luna kept a straight face as she replied, "You're right. But I'll speak honestly since I have nothing to hide." Sooyoung seemed taken aback by her answer. She was expecting something different from Luna, something that can reveal that she's the killer, but unfortunately nothing. Sooyoung then continued, "But Jessica was your competitor wasn't she? She competed against you for everything, in every area. Studies, friends and even love. I wouldn't be surprised if you killed her for that." Luna simply replied, "Yes, I suppose. Maybe I really am the killer." The rest gasped at this sudden confession. Even Sooyoung stood up and stepped back. Luna suddenly stood up and reached into her pocket. Everyone started to scream, until they saw a figure at the door, with blood on her hands...

 

Sooyoung's eyes widened. She stuttered, "S...Sunny..?"

 

 

 

Author's Note: Oh ho ho! Looks like many people guessed Seohyun as the killer. But is it really her? Or is it someone else? ;D Sometimes, things aren't what they seem... Bwahaha.