The murderer strikes

The YM Mystery Series: The Night at the Class Reunion

As it was nearing to 10, some guests started to leave whilst some remained. At around 10.15, only a few were left. To be specific, only 7 people. They were all chatting at the lounge. What's surprising is that Jessica was not there. The women didn't take much notice of that. Then in an instant, there was a sudden blackout. And a loud boom was heard...
The lights came on again. The women were still at the lounge. But then they smelt something. Gunshots. They made their way there slowly, then they found...

Jessica.

She was lying on the floor motionlessly. With a knife beside her. The ladies were horrified. Her eyes were wide open, and was lifeless and open. She lay there, straight and still. The ladies were traumatized. Some of them even wanted to leave, when suddenly, Jessica moved...

She was in pain. She wanted to move, but had difficulty doing so. Sooyoung went down and helped her up. "Jessica! Gwenchana? What...happened?" Jessica clutched the back of her head and tried to recall, "I don't...remember...I just felt a sudden thud on my head..." Sooyoung thought for a while then said, "But who could have done it? There's no one in this house other than the 8 of us, the guards are all outside, the maids have gone home already. That means...one of us done it! Who did it? Own up! Whoever attempted to kill you must be a dangerous figure and ought to be caught immediately!"

She glanced around. No one spoke. Just then, one of them spoke. "Maybe it wasn't us, it was you! If not, why do you sound so efficient and enthusiastic?" Sooyoung was enraged. "What? Sunkyu-ah! Do I look like some kind of a killer?" That woman smirked a little and said, "It's Sunny." Jessica calmed them down, "Ladies, now we have to find out the mastermind. Then we can be safe." Hyoyeon replied, "But anyone of us could be!" 

Just then...Another blackout occurred. Then a shrill scream and another gunshot.

The lights went on again. This time, it was for real. Jessica was laying on the carpeted floor, bleeding terribly. She had a wound on her leg and another on her chest. This time, her eyes were wide open like slits. There was a knife on the floor as well. It was badly stained with blood. No one could believe what they saw that moment. Jessica...was dead.
Upon seeing this bloody sight, a few of them screamed terribly. This was when Sooyoung was certain the murderer was one of them. "Jessica...My sister...!" Krystal cried. Sunny held her back and said, "Whoever the murderer is, will not get away with it. No one is allowed to leave the house! Sooyoung's right, one of us IS the murderer." 
Sooyoung looked irritated and disgusted. She didn't bother to even take a look at Sunny as she said, "Of course. I'm pretty sure the murderer will try to get rid of us next, well, she'll either kill us or hurt us, as she does not want us to find out." Luna added, "Then we should all stick together for now. There are 6 of us here now. We can trust all but one. So it's better to stick together now while we investigate this and hopefully find a guilty suspect." Seohyun nodded, "Let's get out of here. I don't want to stay here any longer. I knew coming here was a bad idea."
All 6 of them then went upstairs to an empty bedroom. Along the way, they chatted amongst each other. "...I heard that Jessica's husband had an affair with some woman outside," Hyoyeon said. "Really? I didn't know that. Jessica is such an egoistic woman, she wouldn't talk about it even if she knew," Krystal replied. Seohyun snapped, "Well, she deserved it anyway. She married that man for money, now he goes out and finds another woman. Besides, her attitude is bad. Such a snob." Sooyoung didn't think so though. She rebutted, "The last time I saw her was a few months ago. She was still so loving and happy with her husband...Besides, even if it's true, we shouldn't be talking about someone else's unhappiness." Luna agreed, "You're right. No matter how much our class used to hate her, we shouldn't talk bad about her, especially since she's-" She got cut off by Seohyun, "...dead! Whatever. She's better off dead than causing trouble to others. Last month she snatched away a $100 million deal from my husband!" They noticed Sunny was a little quiet. "Eh? Sunny, are you okay?" Luna asked. Sunny answered, "Uhm...yeah." They soon reached upstairs.

"Sooyoung-ah, you're with the police right?" Krystal asked. "Yeah, at the Special Investigations department. Why?" Sooyoung asked. "Nothing, just thought that maybe you can find out the killer through your interrogations or something." This moment, Sunny interrupted. "But it would be quite unfair. What if she is the killer instead? No one can interrogate her." Sooyoung fumed, "Look, if you don't want me to help then it's okay. Don't beat about the bush and try to ruin my reputation. Given my occupation, do I look like I would dare to kill?" Sunny smirked and said, "Who knows? Hatred can make anyone do anything." Sooyoung was about to rebutt when Luna stopped her. "Don't," she held her back. Sunny simply flipped her back and continued walking.

The ladies were amazed at how Jessica's mansion looked. It was very spacious and big. It had over 10 rooms and 3 levels. They settled down at the living room at the 2nd floor and sat down. Suddenly, they heard a phone ring downstairs and then some murmuring. Everyone of them came up to the 2nd floor, so there was no way that anyone could be downstairs. Unless...there was someone else in the house other than them.



Author's Note: The dialogues in this chapter reveal quite a lot of each of their personalities and their possibility of being the murderer. Kekeke. I even have their individual personalities stored in my laptop lol. Stay tuned, as more complications will arise. In the meantime, try to guess: WHO EXACTLY IS THE MURDERER? :P