Side Story 1: SooMin (Minhyuk & Soojung/Krystal)

Chasing Love

5 Birthday Wishes

1. Eat patbingsoo filled with lots of kiwis and strawberries.

2.  Visit a music store.

3. Play in the rain plus free piggyback!

4. Cook my favorite teokbokki.

5.  Drink soju with you.

 

Minhyuk sighed again after rereading the wish list Krystal had given to him a while ago. She was grinning from ear to ear when she saw how he frowned. She knew he couldn’t say no. It was her birthday after all. They already went to a snack house near Dongguk University where they used to eat patbingsoo before. She liked it with kiwis and strawberries only. After that, they also went to a music store where she requested shamelessly for him to play both violin and piano. He could sense people were looking at them and he really didn’t want that much attention but Krystal was insistent.  Minhyuk obliged but the third request was definitely outrageous! She ordered him to drive toward Damyang just to wait for the rain to come.

“Are you sure it will rain today?” Minhyuk looked at her exasperatedly. Krystal checked her wristwatch before answering him. “Five more minutes.”

“Soojung, this is ridiculous. Let’s just---“

“Oppa look! It’s raining!” Before he could say anything, Krystal already opened the car and went outside. He was shocked when she ran like a kid at the field, widely spreading her arms. A gentle smile formed on his lips seeing her acting like that. They used to this before; him, Krystal, and Seohyun. He saw her waving her hands telling him to follow.  After few seconds, he found himself running towards her who was already wet. Krystal laughed hard when she noticed his expression.

“Yah!Do we really need to do this?”

“Ne! Oh my God, I’ve missed this!” and started running around.

“Jung Soojung!Come back here!Aish!”

Krystal ran back to him and suddenly hugged him tight. He was surprised with the gesture but later on responded with much tighter hold.

He whispered on her ear, “Happy birthday Soojung~ah.” She pulled out and looked at him.

“Gomawo. Thank you for everything Oppa.”

“Are you happy?”

“Not yet.”

“Mwo?!”

“Piggyback me now.”

“Yah… that’s too much.”

“It’s on the list.”

Minhyuk sighed when she pouted. He turned his back and leaned down. Krystal shouted in glee and quickly leaped on his back. He almost stumbled with the sudden action.

“Jung Soojung, act like a lady, okay?!”

Krystal kissed his cheek. “Stop complaining. Off you go!”

Minhyuk furiously blushed after what she did and looked away for her not to see it. He carried her while going back to the car. Geez, the things he did for this woman.

**

They stayed on her apartment after playing under the rain. They were dripping wet and Krystal started sneezing. He shook his head and ordered her to take a shower immediately. He also cooked teokbokki and ramen after bathing.  Krystal was clapping like a kid when she finally tasted his dish like it was the most delicious food in the world.  Minhyuk looked at her fondly. They used to fight like cat and dog yet they were inseparable since grade school. Krystal was Victoria’s cousin and her family lived in the same village with them. She was the first person who comforted him when their parents both left them. He was also the only person who called her with her Korean name. Krystal got to know his first girlfriend before Seohyun did. He saw how she looked like she was about to cry when they met but still congratulated them. After a month, he heard from their common friend that she was dating someone from the other section. He felt betrayed for not telling him about it. Minhyuk confronted her and it turned out to be a big fight. They didn’t talk for two months until one day, he found himself standing outside their house and begging for her forgiveness. They patched things up. Their first relationships didn’t go well too and both ended it. Minhyuk and Krystal enrolled at Dongguk University together with Seohyun. When he got into that huge fight which almost ruined his dreams, Krystal cried a lot. She just stopped when Victoria assured her that everything was already fixed. After graduation, Minhyuk was accepted to a famous architectural firm and assigned immediately to Hongkong. Krystal didn’t talk to him for a week after knowing his assignment. After assuring her that nothing would change between them, she calmed down. At the airport, after everyone sending him the best of luck, Krystal with tears on her face walked towards him and hugged him tightly.

A day before her graduation, Minhyuk went back to Korea. At her congratulatory party, something happened to them. They kissed. He was telling her about the things he experienced in Hongkong when Krystal suddenly grabbed his face and pecked his lips. He looked at her with disbelief and her expression seemed surprised from what she did too. Before she could pull out, Minhyuk snatched her waist and kissed her fully. They just stopped making out when Seohyun started calling them. They didn’t discuss about the kiss even up until that moment. Everything had changed after that. He knew he would no longer see Krystal as his bestfriend.

“Oppa?Minhyuk Oppa?” He got startled when Krystal started waving her hands to get his attention.

“Wae?”

“You’re spacing out.”

“Are you saying something?”

“Tsk. I’m actually telling you to do the last request now. “She placed two bottles of soju on the table.

“You’re really weird. Are we going to do this?”

“Common, this won’t make us drunk. Besides, I want us to play a game.”

“Game?What game?”

“Confession game. Every glass of soju you drink, you need to tell something that I still don’t know and I will do the same.”

“Shiro.”

“So you have secrets you wanted to keep from me?”

“Ani! That’s not the case.”

“Then let’s do this.”

Minhyuk contemplated but agreed later on. Krystal first poured the liquor in her glass. She gulped it straight before looking at him directly.

“I started liking you after you sang Sweet Holiday on my sixteenth birthday.”

His eyes grew wild upon hearing her first confession. “Soojung…”

“It’s your turn oppa.”

Minhyuk drank the soju before telling her, “I did it because you were my bestfriend.”

Krystal smiled faintly and wiped the small tear escaped from her eyes. She drank the second glass of soju.

“I dated Kai to make you jealous.”

The confession went on and on.

“I got jealous indeed.”

“Are you already drunk? This is the night of truth not lies.” She smiled bitterly and continued where they left off. “You were my first kiss and not him. I didn’t allow him to do that to me.” She looked down and noticed her hands were shaking.

“Why did you kiss me?”

“Confess don’t ask.”

“I wanted to kiss you right now.”

Krystal loudly gasped and looked at him, utterly shocked. Minhyuk stood and pushed her to the wall. He pulled her waist and gazed at her. “Answer me. Why did you kiss me that night?”

“Why do you want to kiss me right now?”

“Because I want to…” and lowered down his head to kiss her. He nipped her lips for her to open and let his tongue delved inside. He succeeded receiving a soft moan from her. Krystal encircled her arms on his neck and pulled him more. Minutes later, he gently placed soft pecks on her lips before grabbing her whole body to his.

“I love you.”

Krystal let out a sob after hearing the words. She had always dreamt of that moment where Minhyuk would tell her the same thing that her heart felt for the longest time. She tightly grasped her shirt while burying her face on his chest, crying.

“When you told me that you were dating Kai, I was furious, not with that idea that you didn’t inform me about it but with the thought that he might replace me in your life. After you told me that you didn’t need my permission to date somebody, I realized that it was your life indeed. But you started to walk away and I couldn’t bear it so I went to your house and asked for another chance. When I saw you crying after that huge fight and at the airport before going to Hongkong, I wanted to kill myself for always hurting you in many events that may occur. When we kissed, I wanted to ask you many things but you acted like it didn’t happen at all. Deep inside, I was afraid that you might tell me that it was just a spur of the moment. “

Minhyuk lifted her face and gently wiped her tears, “I wanted to have you in my life Jung Soojung. Can you be my girlfriend?”

Krystal bit her lips before nodding. “I wanted you to be my boyfriend too Seo Minhyuk.”

“Does it mean that you love me too?”

“Isn’t it obvious now? I love you, forever and always.”

Soon, they were parting their lips for another searing kiss.

**

Minhyuk groaned inwardly when he noticed some people throwing them weird look in the mall, pointing at their outfit. They were wearing couple shirts and of course, it was Krystal’s idea, telling him that it was her long-time dream.  The front parts of their shirts were cute faces of Elmo, their favorite Sesame Street’s character, and at the back were written GORGEOUS BRAT (Krystal) and BRAT’S GORGEOUS BF (Minhyuk).  They were there to meet Victoria and Changmin. Krystal looked at him and pecked his lips.

“Stop pouting. We look so lovable.”

“We look like crazy Ms. Jung.”

Krystal ignored his mockery and suddenly noticed the pair walking towards them.

“Vic Eonni!Changmin Oppa!”

Minhyuk’s small eyes almost came out when he noticed them wearing couple shirts too! And it was on pink! The girls hugged while he and Changmin looked at each other.

“Your shirt looks better than mine. I seriously---“

“Shim Changmin!” Victoria was looking at her fiancé like she was about to kill him.

“Aniya. I mean, I seriously like this Love.”

“Of course! Krystal designed this for us.”

Minhyuk wanted to shake his head when the two women grinned wickedly at each other. He knew Krystal very well. He should have known this plan from the very first place. They entered the restaurant laughing happily while he and Changmin looked at them incredulously.

“Did I just date that woman hyung?”

“Did I just propose on Victoria Minhyuk~ah?”

And both sighed because they knew, they did. No matter how wicked their women’s thoughts were, they knew they couldn’t replace them with any other girl in this world. The things they kept on doing for love.

 

A/N: This isn’t about my MinStal feels okay?! This isn’t about my excitement because my crackship will soon work together in a drama and will play the roles I never imagine them to have?! *rofl* Okay. This side story is actually planned. I have this in my mind even before I posted Chasing Love’s chapter one. I don’t know if you have the same mindset like mine but I like seeing Minhyukkie with Krystal. I think they look good together. Yay! Hahaha I’ll be posting another side story and no need for you to guess it because it will be about JongYoon/DeerBurning couple. Do you mind yeorobon? hihihi

P.S I’ll be posting Chapter 10 quickly after this. How quick is that? Tomorrow perhaps? *wink*

 

(pic cr: http://thecrackedship.tumblr.com/ )