Chapter 7

Chasing Love

 

Seohyun took a deep breath before going out of the car. She was carefully guided by the chauffeur whom Yonghwa sent.  She was breathtakingly beautiful that night. Her deep red gown emphasized her curves and her pearly white skin. Men were giving her first look and women were surely jealous. She really didn’t feel right but she had to put on her best smile. Then Seohyun saw one of Yonghwa’s friends approaching her.

“Annyeong haseyo Seohyun~ssi. I bet you already saw me in the café. I’m Lee Joon.” He offered a handshake and Seohyun took it gladly.

“Annyeong haseyo. Ne, of course, I remember you.”

“Kamsahamnida. Common, let’s go to our table. Yonghwa is currently talking to his other visitors but he will be here later.” Seohyun bowed and followed him. Joon, being a good host, introduced his friends to her including Lee Jonghyun. The latter gave her a warm smile. After eating, she still hadn’t noticed Yonghwa’s presence. She excused herself from them and walked towards the rest room.  Seohyun decided to stay for a while in the terrace when she noticed two figures talking and the other seemed crying. She was about to walk back when she heard what the woman mentioned.

“I’m sorry Yonghwa oppa.” Seohyun’s eyes grew wild when she saw Yonghwa embraced the woman.  He was hushing her while she continuously cried.

“It’s okay Yoona. It wasn’t your fault neither ours. Stop crying.”

“But oppa… Lu----“

“Yah. I said stop it.”

Seohyun decided to leave the place before they might saw them. She wanted to shout at Yonghwa for fooling her yet she knew that she didn’t have the right. She shouldn’t expect anything. Seohyun saw the waiter offering wine. She got two glasses and drank straightly. She didn’t see the man who had been observing her since she came in the party. He took the glass from her and offered her for a dance. Seohyun looked at his hands then to his face. She nodded and let him took her at the center of the dancing floor.

“You’re so gorgeous.” The man said huskily as he drew her into his arms. His hands slowly touched Seohyun’s back. She gasped and pushed the man. She tried to let go from his hold but the guy wouldn’t let her. “Hey, let’s just dance.”

“Get off your hands on her Junsu.” They both turned their heads upon hearing Yonghwa’s voice. He took Seohyun’s hands and pulled her waist.

Junsu chuckled. “Dude, I didn’t know she’s your woman.”

“Now you know Junsu and I don’t share what’s mine.” Yonghwa pulled her out of the party and dragged her towards the garden. After reaching the bench, Seohyun sat and held her head. She realized she didn’t have any tolerance to liquors at all. Yonghwa was biting his lips surpressing himself from snapping at her, but he still did.

“What are you thinking dancing with Junsu and letting him touch you like that?!” Seohyun faced him and she saw raw anger.

“Hello there Yonghwa~ssi.” Yonghwa cursed and sat in front of her. He held her shoulders and looked at her. “Seo Joohyun!”

“What do you expect?!I was looking for you for hours but you were busy talking to you visitor and to your current fling!”

“You saw me with Yoona?But she’s not my girlfriend…”

“Stop Jung Yonghwa. Just stop lying.”

“How dare you to say those things to me where in fact I saw you on a heated embrace with your ex-lover last night!” Seohyun was right. Yonghwa was there. He saw her talking to Kris. She hugged herself. She suddenly felt cold. She just wanted to go home and sleep and forget everything that just happened that night.

“Answer me Seo Joohyun!”

“Shiro. Contrary to what you have said back there, I’m not your woman or your property so there’s no sense for me on explaining myself.” Seohyun stood and fixed her gown. Yonghwa quickly pulled her into his arms and she wriggled from his grasp. He held her tighter until Seohyun started hitting his chest then broke into tears. They were like that until Seohyun stopped crying.  Yonghwa cupped her face.

“Seohyun~ah…”

“What do you really want from me Yonghwa?My body?”

“Hell! I told you I like you!”

Seohyun pushed him and wiped her tears. “What’s your longest relationship Yonghwa?”

“Seohyun…”

“Answer me.”

“I don’t know! Two weeks… stop asking this.”

“Then, let us date for two weeks and after that, leave me.“ Yonghwa was surprised but seemed mad after realizing what she just said.

“Ani. I will not do that. I want you to be your man for as long as you want me to be.”

Seohyun laughed shallowly. “Then we should say goodbye.”

“I’m already giving you everything including my heart. Why can’t you take me Seo Joohyun?”

She looked at him and gave a faint smile. She pointed her chest. “This heart had been broken many times. It could no longer take any shallow promises. I don’t know what your game is but I let you use me for two weeks. After that, leave me alone. Go away and let’s forget about everything. That’s the only thing that I can offer Yonghwa.” Then she walked out from the party and maybe, just maybe, out from Yonghwa’s life too.

 

Special shoutout for  . You know me what I mean, right? *wink*