Chapter 8

Chasing Love

 

Seohyun: "The closer I get, the more scared I get. But this love cannot be stopped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QViVAmFyDU

 

Yonghwa: "From the moment I first saw you, it was always you. I take one step and again another step because to me, it needs to be only you"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Kn8mwArg0

 

Warning: This is a long tormenting part of Chasing Love.  

**

Blaring sound; hips swaying, pumping in and out of the music. Everybody was in fever of partying that evening while he was lazing around gulping his drink.  Two women sat beside him minutes ago but he pushed them away. Lee Joon, who has silently observing his friend, just shook his head when he saw what happened. Yonghwa obviously didn’t want to talk and he didn’t want to barge in either. He knew that only one girl made his friend like that. He wanted to laugh hard for he didn’t expect this time would really come. Jung Yonghwa, one of the most sought-after bachelors in town and a well-known playboy, was in mess because of a certain woman who obviously didn’t fall on his charms. Joon texted Jonghyun. He knew their friend was busy with his own wedding but between them, Jonghyun’s a good listener. Minutes later, he saw him entering the pub. Joon waved his hand and Jonghyun walked towards him. His eyes went to Yonghwa who was still silently drinking and staring blankly at the dance floor. They were both surprised when the latter stood from his seat and came closer to a girl who was wearing a red midriff. Yonghwa s his arm on her small waist and whispered something to the woman. She flirtatiously put her arms on his neck and pulled him for a dance. Everything seemed fine until a man who looked like a goon approached them.  They saw that the guy pulled them apart and collared Yonghwa. Their friend didn’t flinch in a bit. They knew Yonghwa could protect himself but later alarmed when five more men surrounded them. Joon and Jonghyun looked at each other and both nodded. Joon waved to the manager while Jonghyun approached Yonghwa.

“Hello there fella!” He tapped the man’s shoulder and put his one arm on his. “Got a problem here?”

“Is this your friend?He’s dancing with my girlfriend and I won’t allow that.” Jonghyun smirked upon hearing the man’s fierce retort. He then went to Yonghwa’s side.

“I’m sorry for that then. My friend here was just too drunk. Can you spare this one time?”

“Shut up Jonghyun.” Yonghwa hissed and faced the man. “Get her then and tie her after banging all night.”

“You son of a—“ Yonghwa was able to twist his hand before the man could be able to give him a punch. He was writhing in pain but no one dared to help him even the five men. Maybe because Jonghyun was throwing him dangerous look too. 

Yonghwa whispered to the man’s ear before letting him go. “I advise you to get out from this pub now or else, you’ll regret coming here in the first place.”

The man was obviously shaken and dragged his girl out. His friends quickly left the dance floor too. Yonghwa walked towards the counter and ordered another drink. Jonghyun silently cursed. He should have contacted Jaesuk but he knew that Yonghwa was way beyond their control right now. It would be a long night for him and Joon.

 

**

Seohyun looked around the house. It wasn’t big but few years back, it was like the happiest home on Earth. She closed her eyes and remembered the laughter they shared when her Eomma and Appa teased each other. Her father by then would always lecture her mom on how to make the most delicious pancakes. True enough, for Minhyuk and her, his pancake was a winner. Whenever their Appa came home, he never failed to wake up early and prepare it for them. But he left one day and never came back. Seohyun bit her lips to suppress her emotion. Then she walked towards the piano. Between them, Minhyuk was the musically inclined one. He could play guitar, drums, violin and piano while all she did was to watch him and clapped her hands after his every performance. She proceeded to her old room. Her things were still there including her books. Their childhood photos were still carefully placed too. She realized that Victoria’s mother had been taking care of their house after they abandoned it. She reminded herself to thank her later. She was busy roaming around her eyes to the surrounding when her phone beeped. It was message from Victoria.

Seohyunnie, Yonghwa came to the photoshoot yesterday. Thank God he was so professional. It went smoothly. Are you still in our house? Rest your mind, ne? I miss you. J

Yonghwa. She clasped to control the sob. It had been one week when he last texted.

There are few things in this world that I often ask because I know I almost have everything. But today’s different, I wanted to see you. I badly needed to see you for me to know that you still exist. Can we forget about our pasts and take each hand’s instead?

Yonghwa tried to call her but she never dared to answer. There were nights when she was crying on her bed while her phone kept on ringing.

I’m outside your apartment. Please Seohyun~ah, come out. Talk to me.

But she didn’t come out. She just cried and silently prayed that he’ll soon leave. He did but it left her shattered.

**

Yonghwa cursed from the throbbing headache. He walked directly to the kitchen and got some water. He saw their maids silently looking at him. He ordered one of them to get Jaesuk.

“Master…”

“Ahjussi! Where the hell did you come from?!”

“I’m sorry Master. I just talked to Mr. Choi. He said he’ll be here in an hour.”

“What?!”

“Master, your race---“

“Don’t talk about it. I need something to eat.”

“Ne.”

Jaesuk motioned the maids to serve Yonghwa with soup and other stuff. His friends came late last night with Yonghwa completely unconscious and drunk. Jonghyun reminded him to call them if ever his master woke up.

“Book me a flight Ahjussi.”.

“Are you going somewhere Master?”

“I’ll stay in London for a week. I’ll talk to Siwon hyung about it.”

“I understand. By the way, Mr. Choi said that Vogue invited you for a dinner to formally thank you Master.”

Yonghwa suddenly dropped the spoon. He put his hands on his head. He sighed and stood from his seat.

“If he comes here, tell him I went out.”

Jaesuk bowed and silently observed the retreating back of his master. He knew that Yonghwa’s behaviour had something to do with that girl. It was first time for him to see his master acting like that. Like a wounded man who got defeated from a battle… a battle for love.

 

**

Seohyun was back in Seoul and decided to go out for a walk. She saw one branch of Café Pushkin and decided to enter. While she was waiting for her order, she was surprised to see Jonghyun entering, holding a woman’s hand. She knew the lady. She was the one with Yonghwa at the party! Seohyun didn’t bother to get Jonghyun’s attention, instead she just observed them. The staff greeted them and assisted to the left side of the place. After talking to one of the servers, Jonghyun smiled at her. He took her one hand and kissed it. That surprised Seohyun even more… how come…

“You saw me with Yoona?But she’s not my girlfriend…”

Was Yonghwa telling the truth? That woman, Yoona, was not really his girlfriend at all? She looked at them once again. She saw her gently hitting his chest and laughed gleefully. They seemed so happy. Then she noticed their rings… engagement rings. Seohyun’s thought stopped when the waitress gave her coffee.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Yes Ma’am. What is it?”

“That’s your boss Lee Jonghyun. I know him. But that girl, how is she related to him?”

The waitress looked at them before answering them. “That’s Miss Im Yoona Ma’am, Mr. Lee Jonghyun’s fiancée.”

She murmured her thanks to the girl before looking down at her shaking hands. Tears slowly forming on the sides of her eyes.

 

**

His current location wasn’t helping him at all but he needed to do it. He needed to see her for the last time. Yonghwa clutched his chest. He knew he liked her so much that his actions were already scaring him. He didn’t feel this before. Even to Yoona, whom he thought he had feelings. He dialled Jonghyun’s number.

“Bro…”

“When did you realize that you love her?”

“What?”

“Just answer me.” He heard Jonghyun sighing.

“When I got jealous of you and your closeness to her. When I got drunk and almost beaten up to death in the pub when I thought you kissed. I don’t know. I just realized that I love her.” Yonghwa was silent after Jonghyun’s reply. He sighed again. “I guess you already know the answer to your own question.”

“I hate this.”

“Been there too. Just accept it.”

Yonghwa ended the call and put his head on the steering wheel. He thought for a while before going out of the car. He stood in front of her door like crazy before seeing himself knocking. Seohyun who just finished washing the dishes, peeped in to see who came in. She was shocked when she saw Yonghwa. She contemplated for a while before opening the door. They stared at each other. Seohyun noticed that he lost some weight.

“Can I come in?” Seohyun nodded and walked inside. She gestured him to seat while excusing herself to get a drink for her. She was shaking. She didn’t expect him visiting her there. Seohyun poured a canned pineappale juice on a glass when she suddenly felt Yonghwa approaching her. Before she could turn around, he already hugged her at the back.

“I miss you badly baby.”

Seohyun closed her eyes and savour the moment. She missed him too, so much but she couldn’t tell him that. She already decided to disregard all the things that matters about him, including her own feelings for him. Yonghwa turned her around and pulled her waist. She noticed his pained expression. Seohyun wanted to cup his face and erase his worries. Yonghwa must have felt it and put her hands on his face. He slowly tilted his head toward hers. Their noses were touching until their lips met. From a light one, the kiss went deeper. Their tongues were in battle as if telling each other how much they longed for that moment. Yonghwa lifted her on the counter and kissed her more. Seohyun’s arms s around his neck and pulled him closer. Yonghwa wanted to kiss her forever but he needed to say the things that she should know. To Seohyun’s amazement, Yonghwa suddenly stooped but cupped her face once again. He was directly looking at her.

“I understand that you were afraid to take me but I was too. I knew I liked you but I didn’t know to what extent. Days helped me realize my feelings for you Seohyun~ah. I refused to date you for two weeks because I wanted to be with you forever.”

“Yonghwa…”

“I can’t promise happy days all the time when you’re with me because for sure we will be facing problems but, I vow to hold you. I won’t offer my wealth because I know you won’t accept it but I’m trading my heart for you Seo Joohyun. Take it. “

Seohyun’s tears slowling flowing on her cheeks and looked at Yonghwa. Her heart was overflowing with happiness. Yes, she believed him.

“Baby, I love you. I love you so much that---“

“I love you too.”

It was time for Yonghwa to be shocked. He was staring at her like a mad man. “Did you just tell me that..”

“Nado saranghae Jung Yonghwa. Saranghae.”

Yonghwa pulled her again for a searing kiss before embracing her. She tightened her hold to him. It always felt right whenever she’s with him. She’s giving her heart another chance to love and trust someone. And she chose him… whatever it takes, it would always be him. Seohyun pulled his nape and kissed him one more time.