Chapter 5

Chasing Love

 

 

Two flight attendants were serving them food. After they left, Yonghwa noticed Seohyun still silent while looking outside the window. He sliced the steak and gave the plate to her. She didn’t move.  Yonghwa sighed and put down his spoon.

“Eat Seohyun~ssi. I don’t allow stuttering interviewer later because she’s hungry.”

Seohyun exasperatedly looked at him. “Where are you going to take me?”

“To paradise?” Yonghwa giggled but stopped when he saw how serious Seohyun’s expression was.

“We’re going to New Caledonia. It’s two hours travel from Korea so you better eat.”

“NEW CALEDONIA?!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING BASTARD?!”

“Ouch!” He dramatically clutched his chest.  “That hurts baby.Tsk.”

“I seriously wanted to kill you.”

Yonghwa leaned back his body on the chair. He put his fingers on his chin like thinking. He was basically teasing her more.

“Let me enjoy the summer breeze first before doing that. “ He wiped his mouth with the table napkin and stood from his seat. “Eat, sleep, do what you want. I’ll take a shower first and will come back for the interview.”

“Stop ordering me Jung Yonghwa.”

“Then stop fighting Seo Joohyun and be sweet my lady.” He winked and left her.

**

Seohyun was angry with Yonghwa and herself.  She was asking for a space and peace from work but that man wasn’t giving those to her. She should hate him for doing everything that was beyond normal for an interviewer-interviewee status but honestly, she was not. Yes, she’s annoyed but hate, weird for her heart couldn’t grasp it. She just knew that it beat abnormally when he’s looking at her or smile, goof or smirk when he knew that she was pissed. Seohyun never wanted to feel this. She wanted to escape and run away. Too much thinking made her succumbed to sleep.

Few minutes, Yonghwa entered the cabin only to see Seohyun sleeping like a baby on the couch. Her hair strands were falling on her face. He sat down and fixed it. His fingers moved slowly to her eyebrows, nose, cheek and lips. He remembered how soft and sweet those lips were. Seohyun moved a bit and Yonghwa quickly removed his hand. Fortunately, she went back to sleep. A solemn smile appeared on him before gathering her on his arms. He lifted her and tucked her to bed.

“Little witch, what spell did you cast on me?” Yonghwa sighed and put a light kiss on her forehead. “Whatever it is, I’m happy that you’re here with me today.”

**

The private jet reached New Caledonia after two hours. Seohyun was fascinated with the beautiful view her eyes could capture. They went straight to Yonghwa’s villa and warmly welcomed by caretakers.  She heard Yonghwa talking to them in English and giving instructions. One maiden guided her to her room and she was gasping with amazement on how truly nice it was. To her astonishment, she saw some shopping bags on the bed. Did Yonghwa plan this? She then changed her clothes to a summer yellow dress.  After ensuring herself that she looked more presentable, the woman came back telling her that Yonghwa wanted to go somewhere with her. She followed timidly thinking what’s running on his mind again. She noticed that Yonghwa changed his clothes too. He was wearing blueshorts with white collared shirt on top, clad with shades. He was devastatingly handsome.  He smiled when he saw her.

“You look good on that dress.”

“Thank you. Aren’t we going to do the interview now?”

“Yeah, but let’s go somewhere else.” Yonghwa took her hands and she didn’t know why she didn’t even flinch for once. Maybe it just felt good grasping his hands too. He opened his white Land Rover for her and she silently sat in the car. Minutes passed, they stopped in a cottage near the beach. New Caledonia was definitely a paradise, Seohyun thought.  Some women guided them inside the cottage where a feast of food was waiting for them. They left after giving all their needs.  They silently eat when Yonghwa handed her a folder.

“What’s this?”

“I’ve talked to Victoria yesterday and asked her some questions that you might give me during the interview.  I’ve answered that myself. You can still ask me some if you still have queries.”

“You prepared all of these…” Seohyun muttered. “Tell me, why you’re doing this?”

Yonghwa looked at her intently and later shrugged off, “I don’t know.”

Seohyun was surprised that she felt disappointed with his answer but reminded herself that she shouldn’t expect anything.  She suddenly lost her appetite.

“I see. Then I guess, my work with you is over. Maybe we can go back to Seoul later.”

“We will, tomorrow.” Yonghwa sighed and walked towards the little terrace where they could view the vast sea. Then he turned to her. “For now, let’s enjoy my little paradise. “

**

They roamed the whole island the whole day. They enjoyed horse riding too. They went to some places like market and Yonghwa bought some souvenirs and later gave those to her.  He was holding her hand the whole time. An old woman in the souvenir shop even thought that they were newly-weds. Seohyun profusely blushed while Yonghwa laughed hard. He just stopped when Seohyun scowled at him.  They reached the villa past 9pm.

Seohyun just came out from the shower when she got a text from Yonghwa.

Come here at the garden.

Ordering again.” Seohyun muttered before preparing herself to meet him.

She saw his backview facing the sea and turned around when he noticed her.

“Clear sky… bright stars”

“Ne.”

Yonghwa walked towards a bush with white unknown flowers. He came back and put one on her left ear.

“You look perfect.”

“Stop saying that.”

“Tsk. I don’t know if you’re trying to be modest or not.”

“Yonghwa~ssi.” Yonghwa chuckled and put his hands on his pants’ pockets.

“I’m sorry for always teasing you.”

“Are you serious?” Seohyun cupped his face and jokingly pinched his cheeks. “You’re not dreaming, right?”

Instead of answering her, Yonghwa kissed her palm. Seohyun quickly put down her hands and looked at the ground. Yonghwa smiled and lifted her chin.

“Joahe.”

Seohyun was beyond shocked. She looked at him with disbelieving stare.

“I’m doing this because I like you.”

Seohyun was still silent. Yonghwa chuckled and slowly pulled her on his arms. He put his chin on her shoulder.

“Today is my brother’s death anniversary. Usually, I’m sad whenever this date comes but it’s totally the opposite now. Thank you for spending the day with me. Thank you for being here Seo Joohyun.”

Yonghwa didn’t hear any response but his heart leaped when he felt her embracing him back, tightly. That's enough for them.. for now.

 

A/N: This should be posted together with Chapter 4 but it didn't happen due to some revisions. This is such a mushy part and my own toes were definitely curling while writing this. *rofl* but honestly, my most favorite update too. I hope you enjoy reading and really thank you for appreaciating Chasing Love. Your comments, subscriptions and upvotes really motivate me to write some more. Work time again so my next update might be next weekend. *crossingfingers* xDD Ciao! ^^