Chapter 10

Chasing Love

 

Jonghyun woke up from the continuous ringing of his phone.  He looked at his left side and saw her sleeping like a baby. A tender smile formed on his lips and moved closer to softly plant a kiss on her forehead. Yoona slightly stirred but drifted back to sleep. He decided to take the call.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Jonghyun~ah!” It was Lee Joon.

“Dude, don’t you know what time is it?”

“Yes. It’s 8am but this news can’t wait.”

“What news?”

“You sound like you were just interrupted into something. Hey, is Yo---“

“Quit it. What’s the news?”

“Alright… alright. Yonghwa, our dearest friend, finally got his girl.”

Jonghyun chuckled. “You sound like a gossiping ahjumma.”

“Yah Lee Jonghyun!”

“That’s good to hear. Yonghwa deserves happiness. Now, if you excuse me, I wanted to sleep again. “

“Is Yoona with you?”Jonghyun sighed before turning to his left. He got startled when he saw that Yoona already awakened and got a playful smile plastered on her face. She suddenly grabbed the phone from him and answered Joon’s question.

“I’m here Joonie. And we will be making babies again so get lost!” She ended the call herself. Jonghyun laughed hard and grabbed her waist. He fully kissed her lips and whispered on her ear. “Are you ready for another round darling?” Yoona pulled his head and continued where they left off.

Joon, on the other line spitted his drink on his phone after hearing Yoona’s voice. He irritatingly wiped it while whispering, “I need to find my own girl. Agh!”

**

 

Two weeks passed and their relationship remained strong. Yonghwa found out that Seohyun liked painting and saw some of her works. They were all beautiful. He urged her to exhibit those but she refused. She said it was just her hobby. She was back in Vogue too through Victoria’s consistent request. Yonghwa fetched her from an interview once and paparazzi saw them. It was all over the internet and newspaper spread. Siwon was frantic when various women called at his office who wanted to confirm about the matter. Seohyun was in panic too. She had received some invitations for interviews. Everyone was going crazy except Yonghwa. He just laughed at it, telling her to trust him and he would work it out. He did. A day before his race, at his presscon, he confirmed everything.

“Yes, I’m dating someone and it’s for real this time. The relationship is serious and I wanted to be with her forever. Her name is Seo Joohyun and she works in Vogue Korea. I’m asking for everyone’s support and privacy for both of us. Thank you.”

Seohyun, who were at home that time, was left astound. Next thing she knew, Minhyuk was already calling her on the other line, asking why she didn’t tell him about her new found relationship. She was more than sorry for her twin and promised to introduce Yonghwa to him. He also told her about him and Krystal. Seohyun squealed in glee and congratulated his brother. After three days, the two men met. It was awkward at first but Yonghwa was accommodating and sincere so they had worked it out. He invited both Minhyuk and Krystal to watch his competition. They happily promised to support him.

On the day of the race, Seohyun tried to show up a relax face but deep inside, she wasn’t. She was worried for Yonghwa’s safety but she knew that it was his life even before they met… his world that she needed to accept. Minhyuk, Krystal, Victoria and Changmin went to support her man too. Lee Joon also approached them with a y Mexican woman on his side. She was about to ask for Lee Jonghyun when she saw him entering the circuit with Yoona. Joon waved at them. It was first time for Seohyun to see her up close and she was very beautiful. Yoona seemed friendly and congratulated her with their relationship.

When everything was settled, it was announced that the race would start soon. Seohyun spotted Yonghwa waving at her and she waved back. He winked before facing his fans. People screamed his name and she was so proud for her man. After a loud bang of a gun, cars were already speeding forward. They seemed like toy wheels from a far but Seohyun’s sight was fixed with number 1, Yonghwa’s red car. It was on a tight competition with number 22. The latter tried to drag Yonghwa’s car to the left side but he expertly avoided it. As a result, it was car 22 which was thrown out from the lane. People were screaming and Seohyun was still dumbfounded. She just got back her senses when Krystal started shaking her and telling her that Yonghwa won. When she lifted her head towards the circuit, she saw his crews and Siwon running towards him. His manager embraced him and ruffled his hair. Siwon was so happy for Yonghwa’s another win. Victoria was about to hug Seohyun too when the latter stood and ran towards her boyfriend.

“What was that Minhyuk?”

“I think she was afraid a while ago.”

“Awwwww…”

People gasped in surprise when a certain woman hugged the world-known racer. They saw Yonghwa comforted her, somewhat assuring her that he was fine. They finally realized that it was Seo Joohyun, his girlfriend.

Meantime, Yonghwa wiped Seohyun’s tears while kissing her forehead.

“Babe, hey, I’m okay.”

“Are you? I saw that car pushing yours trying to… to…---“

Yonghwa silenced her through capturing her trembling lips. Everyone at the circuit yelled with delight. Some of his female fans groaned and booed them but they were oblivious with the surrounding. Yonghwa’s kiss assured Seohyun that time that he was indeed safe and alive.

**

 

A day after the race, instead of throwing a big party just like Yonghwa used to do, he spent the whole time with Seohyun. To his amazement, Seohyun ordered him to go to Banpo Bridge.

“Hyun, I hope you’re not planning to reenact a drama here”

Seohyun laughed and came out from his car. He followed and smirked when he saw how she spread her arms like taking the wind in. She breathed out before turning to him.

“I used to come here after my work. I went here to think when everything’s vague, looking at that horizon trying to figure out my future or just plainly resting my mind.”

Yonghwa put his hand inside his pants’ pockets and looked around. The sun was about to set. Few people starting to leave the place. Tranquillity. He wanted to feel that too. Seohyun walked towards him and hooked her arms on his waist. He pulled her closer and softly kissed her head.

“Do you still doubt everything that is happening right now?”

“I do. It’s like a dream, a happy dream where you, my Prince Charming only exist in a place where everything glitters. I’m afraid that if I wake up, you’re not there.”

Yonghwa chuckled and lifted her chin with his finger.

“What should we do about it then? You won’t believe me if I’ll say I’m really real.”

“Sing a song for me.”

“Mwo?!”

“Sing for me my Prince Charming. I won’t laugh if your voice gets crack.”

“Yah!”

Seohyun laughed and held him tighter. How she loved this complex man. She was glad that she followed her heart and took a risk. He was worth it. She broke a smile when Yonghwa started humming a song.

 

These are the moments

I know heaven must exist

These are the moments

I know all I need is this

I got all I’m waiting for

And I could not ask for more

**

 

The next month…

Yonghwa was ordering the pilot and the crews when his sight got fixated to the woman walking toward their direction. Seohyun was wearing a tight metallic black jeans and sleeveless flaring white top. It showed her belly button and small waist. She looked even more stunning with her black pumps and black tousled hair. The pilot cleared his throat and motioned the others to step out. Yonghwa just nodded but remained looking at her. Seohyun smiled and waved her hand. When she was standing in front of him, he grabbed her waist and kissed her. Seohyun circled her arms around his neck and pulled his head more to deepen the contact. When they broke, Yonghwa cupped her face before pecking her lips again.

“You look devilishly y babe. I can’t wait for another sleepless nights with you.”

Seohyun’s eyes grew wild and poked his chest. “Mr. Jung, you promised a vacation not all day and all night ual activities.”

Yonghwa couldn’t help but to laugh. “I really like your bluntness Ms. Seo. Anyways, yeah, I said that. So let’s go?” He offered his hand. Seohyun smiled at him thoughtfully and took it. Together, they walked to his private plane going to Prague.

**

 

They had travelled more exactly like ten hours before reaching Prague. It was Yonghwa’s idea after telling her that he owned a villa there.  Seohyun didn’t know how vast her man’s wealth was and later she realized, it was beyond her mind could count.  When they came out, they were motioned to a white Mercedes Benz cladded with an English chauffeur. Seohyun was enjoying the beautiful sight going to the villa. Yonghwa saw her expression and smiled warmly at her.

The place was a typical English house. The garden caught her attention and she noticed different flowers and swings at the middle part. She also saw a tree house at the right side. It was so homey.

“Do you like it?”

“It’s … it’s awesome!”

“It is. I will take you to vineyard tomorrow and you will love it there more.”

Seohyun gaped upon hearing him. “Vineyard?!”

“Ne, baby.”

“You’re so rich!”

Yonghwa smirked. “Is that compliment?”

Seohyun pouted and looked at him fondly. “You are rich in a good way Yong. But I hope you know that it’s not the reason why I love you.”

Yonghwa kissed her cheek and hugged her tightly. “Of course not. I know you love me because I’m the best in everything.”

“Tsk.”

“Kidding.I love you too. Let’s eat. “He guided her towards the dining area.

**

 

As he promised, Yonghwa toured Seohyun around the whole vineyard. She was more than amazed when she saw how the workers processed the harvested grapes to wine. It was first time for her to see that. She also observed how Yonghwa treated them with respect. He praised them and asked some few things regarding the vineyard. Jaesuk told her that Yonghwa used to visit Prague whenever he didn’t have scheduled race. In the afternoon, they went to the market and bought some souvenirs. They visited Prague Castle, Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter and many more places. While eating, Seohyun learned that Yonghwa loved pasta by showing his bursting cheeks while munching every bit of it. She promised to herself that she will study how to cook pasta. He talked about cars and when did he start fascinating those. Seohyun studied his expression before asking him something that she wanted to know; his family.

“Yong, I know this is a little bit personal, but why aren’t you living with your family?”

He didn’t talk for five minutes and glanced outside. Then, Yonghwa looked at her with his sad eyes.

“My parents died in a plane crash when I was still ten years old.”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t ask. It’s just… your family background wasn’t stated from your previous interview.”

“It’s okay. I really refused to give it out.” He looked outside the window and continued. “After my parent’s death, our relatives wanted to take care of us but we knew, they were after the wealth. We were never been closed to them anyway. Uncle Matt, my father’s comrade, raised us like his own sons but he died from a cancer a year before I graduated in college. From then on, I took care of everything. Gladly, Uncle Matt trained me with our business when he was still alive. Jaesuk Ahjussi was also there to guide me.” Yonghwa sighed and went on. “Luhan, that’s my brother’s name, became my strength. It was hard for me but I couldn’t give up because I had him. We were very closed. He would always say to me ‘Hyung, you are my hero!’ but unfortunately, I lost him. He died from a car accident.”

Seohyun moved her hands to his and softly touched it.  “You’re not alone now. I’m here.”

Yonghwa softly gazed at her. “Thank you babe.”

**

 

They made love countless times that night. Seohyun realized Yonghwa needed her most, beside him… all the time. Around 3am, Seohyun woke up when she felt him trembling, grunting like in pain. He was having a nightmare. It was raining outside. Thunders and lightning were frightening but she was more worried to Yonghwa. She shook his shoulders frantically. Yonghwa sat up and screamed. She didn’t have the choice but to slap him.

“Seohyun~ah…”

“I’m sorry. I need… I need to do it. You were---“Yonghwa pulled her for an embrace. His body was shaking. Seohyun cupped his face and looked at him directly.

“Listen. I’m here okay?Calm down Yong.”

Tears were forming on the side of his eyes. Seohyun saw the doubt on his face… and fear, so she did what she knew she needed to do.  She kissed him and pushed him down. She laid on top of him. She left his lips and showered some kisses on her eyebrow, eyes, nose, cheeks and bit his earlobe. She heard him groaned and encircled his arms on her waist and pulled her closer. They looked at each other.

“Tell me you won’t leave me.”

“I won’t leave you.”

“I love you so much Seohyun.”

“I love you too Yonghwa.”

Then he changed their position. He was now on top of her. He kissed her fully. Tongues meeting. Saliva mixing. Their kisses were different from what they shared before. It was like telling to one another how much they needed to do it. He trailed his lips down to her neck. He was biting her flesh and leaving marks. Yonghwa pulled the blanket and threw it on the floor. He looked at her with lust. He dropped butterfly kisses on her before flickering his lips on her . She writhed in ecstasy and grabbed handful of his hair. He and nipped her before going back to her lips. Seohyun touched his shoulders down to his chest. He took her hands and guided it to his throbbing . Yonghwa groaned inwardly when she made some circling motions on her shaft. He put his two fingers on her core and realized she was already wet for him.

“Yong, I need you now… inside me.”

“I’m coming baby.”

He kissed her one more time before positioning his on hers. With one slow move, their bodies met. Two hungry souls who found love. Two hearts becoming one.

**

 

Seohyun rested her head on his chest while his arms encircled on her body. He dropped a kiss on her forehead.

“I dreamt about Luhan again. He was asking for help but I pushed him away.”

“Tell me, do you blame yourself from your brother’s death?”

Yonghwa pulled out from her arms and stood from the bed. He didn’t bother to cover his body when he walked towards the window. The room was pitch dark but the lightning made it visible on her eyes. It gleamed his back.

“I was responsible for his death Hyun.”

 

 

 

A/N: Please don’t kill me with this ‘obvious’ cliff hanging chapter. *gesturingpeacesign* Yes, I just made Luhan as Yonghwa’s brother! Hihihi You might be asking some few things like “What’s with Luhan’s death?” or “Will it affect Yongseo’s relationship?”

*breathes* Luhan has a great part in Yonghwa’s past and it’s for Seohyun to accept that.

Just like what I once tweeted, I won’t be making Chasing Love that long. It will end at the right chapter where it should end.

P.S I in writing fluffy scenes, right? *sigh*

Anyways, have a nice day everyone! ^^