Months Later

New Toy
CHANSUNG
 
He was on his way back home after hearing about Mieun's illness. He had brought some others from the company with him this time since his hyungs were all busy. Several members of Miss A was sitting in the back seat chatting amongst each other lightly trying to be respectful of him. Beside him was the most unhealthy food he could find hoping that Mieun would eat it along with the food was presents from his hyungs. Miss A also had bought presents and insisted on meeting Mieun after hearing she was seriously ill. He knew he should have come earlier but he and his hyungs were swamped with gigs and schedules. Chansung was only just now able to get away. Mieun was his half sister and he was going to take care of her!
 
 
 
 
 
 
MIEUN
 
I tried to focus on the road, my mother was out cold despite my best attempts to wake her up. No time to call Jung Jin and Eunjin was dead to me. I was driving myself to the hospital hoping they could give me something for this extreme pain. I had managed to pack a bag full of clothes for after I was released from the hospital promising to call when I got to the hospital. Suddenly bright lights blinded me and a huge wave of pain over took me. The car lurched forward colliding with something solid making a very sickening noise. Before everything out I saw Yongguk and Zelo smiling at me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
YONGGUK
 
Yongguk plowed through the hospital hoping the call was a prank. Mieun had gotten in a car crash. He found himself in a waiting room staring at Zelo who looked like he was about throw up then slowly Daehyun, Young Jae, Jong Up and Himchan shows up. The four tried to comfort Zelo whhile Yongguk tried to figure out what was going on. A nurse appeared asking Zelo and Yongguk if they would agree to put forth DNA samples both agreed. Shortly after that nurse left another appeared handing the six boys a letter. Zelo makes a slight noise informing them of the assignment the teacher gave his class. Yongguk moved away from them and read the letter.
 
 
 
I know this assignment is to write an apology letter but I haven't hurt many people because before I met him I was a glass doll, people looked right through me. Bang Yongguk made people look at me and part of me is glad. I don't want to be over looked anymore but the wrong people noticed me. I hurt several girls at school due to my relationship with Yongguk. So many girls that I've never met want so badly to be with him. I'm still learning what some of them will do just for a chance with him. I even lost my best friend because of my relationship with him but that was not because she wanted him. She didn't like that I was giving someone besides her most of my time. Yongguk was and is the most popular guy in school who should be dating someone much better than me. I know I'm only a game to him but the game has to stop since I cheated well I didn't sleep with Zelo however I did touch him. I know Yongguk would enjoy hearing that knowing he was right about me. With Yongguk everything was about the bedroom and yes I enjoyed some of it. I hated that I did. I want more than something like that. I want romance. Zelo offered me that. I wish that I had met him first then I could...
 
 
 
Yongguk didn't have the heart to read anymore. She liked what he did to her but she wanted Zelo. Mieun thought he deserved more than her? He wiped at his eyes thinking only one thing; Mieun deserved the world. She deserved a million Zelos and it scared him thinking such things. Then there was that bit about Eunjin that confused him. He thought for sure that they were still friends, when did that changed? The doctor appears looking at the six motioning Yongguk over to the group.
 
"I assume you've started reading the letter?"
 
"It was our homework assignment," Zelo mumbles.
 
"Do you understand why we took DNA samples?"
 
The six shook their heads.
 
"Let me introduce you to the current situation then" 
 
The Doctor took them to a nursey leading to a section where they kept premature babies.They stood before one and written on sheet of paper next to the baby's chart was Hwang Baby. Yongguk thought he was going to faint. Mieun had been pregnant? Based on what he read of the six page letter....this was his child. Had the pregnancy been the sickness she was suffering from? Or was it a sickness and the pregnancy that had cost her so much? He suddenly couldn't find his voice and his eyes were glued to the tiny child sleeping. He couldn't tell if it was a girl or a boy but either way the tiny baby looked so much like Mieun. Himchan spoke up obivously in a daze just like Yongguk over the tiny baby. The baby was a girl....his daughter. Mieun was quite clear in the letter that she only touched Zelo. Normally he would fly into a rage but the sight of what was surely his daughter kept him level headed.
 
"What about Mieun?", Yongguk watched the baby stir at her name.
 
"She's resting now, we've done all we can do for today"
 
"Can I see her?"
 
"I'm afraid only family can see her at the moment, friends will be able to see her in two days time"
 
"I'm...I", Yongguk tries his voice flailing him.
 
Himchan helps patting his shoulder, "We believe he is the baby's father, Hyung-nim"
 
The doctor pauses, "We took a DNA sample to confirm just who the baby's father is"
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHANSUNG
 
He sank into the chair outside her room, she had been deadly sick AND pregnant. Chansung found himself walking towards the nursey hoping looking at the child wasn't going to upset him as much as checking up on her did. Chansung found Mieun's mother gazing at the tiny form.
 
"A premature baby.....she looks so much like her"
 
"It's a girl?"
 
"Yes", she tears up, "A beautiful girl"
 
"Do we know who the father is?"
 
She chokes back a sob, "Two boys"
 
Chansung holds her until she turns her attention back to the baby. He headed straight to the waiting room catching sight of Yongguk asleep and a younger boy reading something. Fearing he might do something scarring to the younger boy he zones in on Yongguk kicking the chair leg to wake up the younger boy. he jumps up still half asleep. He felt the boy who was reading jump up too. Chansung hoped he would stay out of his way. Yongguk was surely the one who did this to Mieun.
 
"That's your kid up there isn't it?"
 
"I didn't know or I wouldn't have-"
 
"Hurt her? Cause her so much stress? You should have just left her alone!"
 
"She is old enough to make her own choices"
 
"And look where it got her", Chansung grabs Yongguk's collar.
 
Someone clears their throat, "I have the results...I rushed them as much as I could"
 
"Who is the father?", Yongguk asks quickly.
 
"Bang Yong Guk", the nurse reads handed the results to the younger boy.
 
"Zelo?", Yongguk asks.
 
Zelo nods, "She's right"
 
 
 
 
 
 
YONGGUK
 
He waited for Chansung to let him go as the new sunk in. Mieun had his baby. It was offical. Chansung  tightened his grip not liking the news. The next few seconds went by so quickly that Yongguk thought he imagined it. A dozen nurses and doctors raced for Mieun's room but by the time Zelo, Yongguk and Chansung got there they were leaving with their heads down. The lights were off in her room and the usual hum of machines was gone. Mieun was dead. Chansung shouts charging at Yongguk who was frozen. Mieun was dead. He had just set up everything in his head so that they could raise their daughter together and she was gone. Yongguk let Chansung beat him till he could no longer raise his fist. Hospital security escorted Chansung outside while a nurse tended to Yongguk's injuries.
 
"Zelo...?"
 
Long pause, "She's gone"
 
"The baby....as the father I can name her?", he asks.
 
The nurse blushes but nods.
 
"Mieun....I want to name her Mieun"
 
The nurse hurries off to make it offical. Yongguk wanted to get away from this room where Mieun's lifeless body lay. He had a daughter to look after now. Not to mention he had to talk to Mieun's mother to figure out if she'll have a price for him to pay.