Chapter 6;

Three Words

Seohyun walked slowly towards the three but she noticed Sehun. He was genuinely laughing while Daeun casually smacks his shoulder as if they’re having fun together. She realized that she had never seen Sehun laughed like that. He looks so happy and his crescent-shaped eyes were visible, Maybe that girl’s special, she thought.

She moved back and was about to go back inside their room when Xiumin took her hand, “Ya, Sehuna! Seohyun’s here.” Seohyun’s eyes widen when she felt Xiumin’s grip and bit her lip when he heard him call Sehun’s name. Sehun didn’t hear him but Daeun did, she looked at them and gestured for Sehun to look at them too. Sehun turned his head and saw Seohyun, he smiled and walked towards her.

“Noona! Congratulations!” He said as he patted her. “But I’m a bit upset because you didn’t tell me.”

“Thanks! Well, I wanted to surprise you.” Seohyun defended.

Sehun chuckled and remembered that he brought a friend, “Oh, I want you to meet Daeun.” He called Daeun and she gladly walked her way to them.

“Daeun-i, She’s Seohyun noona. Noona, this is Daeun a friend of mine.” Seohyun smiled, so did Daeun. Seohyun could hear her heart crunching to bits. She’s not supposed to be jealous especially when she knows that Sehun’s a friendly person. Or is she really just a friend?

“Should I call you unnie?” Daeun asked. “You really should! Silly!” Sehun replied as he playfully headlocked Daeun. “Ya, Sehuna!” She giggled.

Seohyun just nodded but she really felt awkward. It seems that Sehun and Daeun’s closeness is different. She smiled weakly, seeing her two dongsaengs being playful with each other really felt different. Sehun never did that to her, Sehun never acted as a playful dongsaeng. She felt that Sehun was never comfortable with her.

“I guess I have to go back now. Nice to meet you, Daeun.” Seohyun said and ran back to their room.

Seohyun feels so weak. She wanted to just forget about her feelings for Sehun. She wanted to face the fact that Sehun will never ever like someone who’s older than him. Daeun’s young compared to her, she’s talented and very pretty. Sehun’s really close to her and she knows that he’s comfortable with Daeun – the way he laughs, the way he playfully did the headlock, it’s different. She couldn’t remember when was the day when she finally fell in love with Sehun but today, she definitely needs to stop liking Sehun.

She sat on the couch while the other Girls’ Generation members were still talking to their EXO sunbaes. She was quiet. Her unnies noticed her when she entered the room but they never realized how sad she is because they’re used to seeing her being quiet. But in reality, she’s hurting. She needs a hug, she needs someone to talk to but she’s too shy to share it to anyone, especially when she thinks that her reason is the shallowest one of all reasons.

****

“Sehun.” Xiumin called. Sehun looked at his hyung, curious. His two hyungs, Lu Han and Xiumin has been glaring at him for quite awhile now. He left Daeun with Kai and walked towards his hyung.

“Why hyung?” He asked.

Lu Han stood still as Xiumin took a step in front of him, “Who is Daeun to you?” He asked straight to the point. Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed. Last time he checked, Xiumin, out of all his hyungs, basically never asks something related to girls.

“She’s just a friend, hyung.” He answered.

“Really?” Lu Han folded his arms together as he added a question for Sehun to answer. Sehun shifted his gaze to Lu Han and chuckled, “Really, hyung? You’re asking me that too?”

“Well, we just hope that she’s just a friend. Seohyun looked so sad when she found you laughing with that girl. It must be a bit shallow for us guys, but Seohyun, you know how special this day is for her but it seems that you’re a bit too busy with Daeun.” Xiumin said as he placed his short arm around Lu Han’s shoulder.

Sehun was taken aback. He didn’t mean to bring Daeun, but he felt guilty. It was his noona’s showcase event but then he chose to stay outside and talk about stuff with Daeun and Kai. He bit his lower lip and he knows that both of his hyungs are giving him some reasons to feel guilty. Lu Han patted him and smiled, “I just want to tell you that I really like your noona.”

Sehun, for the second time, looked flabbergasted. Lu Han knows how much he dislikes someone from the group who would secretly like his noona. Seohyun is very special to Sehun and all the members of EXO knew that. They all know that Seohyun is off limits.

“I already told you, hyung, Seohyun noona is off limits. So stop kidding.” Sehun laughed inwardly.

“Lu Han really likes her, though. He’s telling the truth. So, Sehuna... If I were you, take good care of her. Or else, someone here is willing to catch her.” Xiumin grinned.

Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed. He felt that he was betrayed. Lu Han kept quiet as if he doesn’t want to explain himself any longer.

“Daeun-ssi! You may go now.” Xiumin said that made Sehun shocked even more.

Daeun blinked twice, obviously surprised. Kai was surprised too.

“B-but?”

“No, Buts, young woman. You really need to go. Our manager’s outside, he’ll send you home. Kai, if it’s okay, bring her to the car.” Xiumin and Lu Han went directly to the room leaving Sehun, Kai and Daeun dumbfounded.

****

The girls already fixed their stuff and so did EXO. Some of the girls left already while Seohyun stayed inside the room and fixed her own stuff as well. Seohyun knows that no one’s around that’s why she started crying. She knows that it isn’t the right place to cry but she really felt upset. She doesn’t know why but maybe it’s all because of Sehun or maybe she’s sure that it’s because of Sehun but she doesn’t want to make herself feel that she’s too shallow for that.

She was about to go out when Baekhyun entered the room. Baekhyun saw her crying and asked, “What happened, Seohyun-noona?”

Seohyun just shook her head and gave him a feeble smile and left.

After a minute or two, Sehun entered the room and found Baekhyun. He was checking if Seohyun’s still there but unfortunately, she’s no longer there. He was about to close the door when Baekhyun pulled the other side of the knob, “If you’re looking for her, she just left. What happened? She was crying.”

Sehun breathed deeply. For the umpteenth time a hyung made him feel guilty. It was too shallow for him to over analyze things but he was sure that his noona felt a bit upset when he chose to stay outside instead of congratulating her immediately. He knows his noona too well. Even if it’s shallow, like what his Xiumin hyung said, she’s still a girl and he has to be considerate of her feelings too.

“I think she felt upset because of your friend. I know you weren’t aware about her being in the said new girl group but you could’ve stayed with her. I heard them earlier that they wanted to surprise you but it seems that it was the other way around.” Baekhyun cleared his throat.

“I really didn’t know about it. But I guess I was at fault too. Not because I brought Daeun here but also because I was too busy about myself being an idol, not even realizing that she’s doing her best too.” Sehun sighed.

“She went that way, in case you want to know.” Baekhyun pointed the other way and smiled.

“Thanks hyung!” Sehun ran as fast as he could.