Chapter 5;

Three Words

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S ALREADY 7AM?!" Seohyun stood up from her bed with a messy hair. She couldn't believe that she woke up late. Sehun, who was fixing himself in front of the mirror, was also surprised with her noona's sudden reaction. He ran towards her room - thinking that there might be a huge bug or something. He knows Seohyun very well; Seohyun is the calmest person and would never react to any stress or pressure which comes her way; except when it comes to bugs.

“Noona? What’s wrong?” Sehun asked as he looked at the surroundings, checking if there are bugs or anything. He was holding his own slippers, very much ready to attack but surprisingly, he saw Seohyun grabbing everything she sees inside her closet. Sehun sighed and walked towards her. He knows that it is not right to go inside her room but since he was already there, he checked what she’s doing without even Seohyun realizing that her dongsaeng is at her back.

“Ya, noona! Why did you scream? It’s too early, did you know that?” He asked as he scratches his nape.

“Omo, Sehuna! Don’t scare me like that! You could’ve knocked, you know!” She said as she fixed her clothes and other stuff inside her bag. Sehun looked at her, curious, and decided to take a seat on her bed. He was watching Seohyun picking clothes and his eyes followed her as she ran towards her bathroom.

*What’s wrong with her? Does she have training today? It’s too early.* He thought.

He waited for Seohyun to come out of the bathroom but he thought that it wouldn’t be nice of him to just stay there, especially when he knows that his noona will be coming out of the bathroom in a minute or two, perhaps. He stood up and decided to wait for her outside instead.

After minutes of showering, Seohyun put her outfit on and tied her hair neatly. She went outside of her room and ran without even saying goodbye to Sehun. Sehun was shocked, Seohyun never did that before – running without even cooking for him nor saying goodbye to her favourite dongsaeng.  “Aish. What’s wrong with her? She didn’t even say thank you for carrying her. She didn't even cook for breakfast. She didn’t even say goodbye. Is she that busy? Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!” He thought as he slung his bag.

Sehun went directly to the building and looked for Seohyun. The fact that Seohyun didn’t even say goodbye to him earlier bothers him a lot. He knows she’s busy but she could’ve just waved at him instead. Sehun, sometimes, looks like he doesn’t care about Seohyun, but for all he knows, Seohyun is always his priority. He may not look affectionate to a person he cares for in public – but he’s definitely more than that – even the shallowest thing is important for him

He checked all the practice rooms inside SM Building and even the trainees were all surprised that their sunbae, Oh Sehun was checking them, but for Sehun, he was only looking for Seohyun – he only wanted to know if Seohyun’s okay or is there anything that he had done to his noona . As shallow as it is, it would always bother him whenever he couldn’t talk to his noona; a simple hello for him is always enough but today was really different.

“Sehuna!” Xiumin, the eldest of EXO, jogged towards him and gave him a grin. “I’ve heard that.......” Xiumin was cut off when he noticed that Sehun’s looking for someone. “Yaaaa! Are you looking for someone?” He said as he tries to wiggle his hands in front of Sehun’s face. “Hyung, I’m sorry, we’ll just talk later. I’m just looking for noona.” And he ran again.

“Oh, I guess he knows that Seohyun’s part of the new girlgroup. Hm.” Xiumin said.

****

The nine girls sat nervously on their seats as they practiced most of their lines. Their showcase will be starting in an hour and they’re pretty much aware that their sunbaes will be watching and not only that, some of the artists from other companies might be watching them as well. All of them are nervous and excited at the same time, they’re not sure if the showcase will be successful but they’re wishing that they’d be able to enjoy it. As what they’ve heard, there were a lot of fans who applied just to attend their showcase, but the down side is; only a few will be selected randomly.

“Seohyun-ah! Are you excited?” Hyoyeon asked as she showed their maknae her moves.

Seohyun who was busy practicing her lines nodded at her unnie. Out of all the members, Seohyun is the calmest, but deep inside, she’s nervous. Especially now that she knows, EXO’s attending the showcase too. She also remembered that she didn’t even say goodbye to Sehun – which isn’t a big deal since, for her, Sehun doesn’t really mind about it at all.

“Girls, be ready! There are a lot of people outside waiting! Fighting!”

The girls lined up and checked the list that was posted on the wall, everything was arranged – from group performance, duo performances, solo performances, dance battle and another group performances.

“Do you guys know who will be mc-ing?” Taeyeon asked, feeling a little solicitous. To her surprise, someone patted her back, “Hi noona!” She heard a familiar voice and moved her body just to see Baekhyun.

 “Omo! Baekhyun-ah..... Oh, Baekhyun sunbae-nim!”  she bowed, Baekhyun wagged his fingers - telling Taeyeon not to call him sunbae. Baekhyun is sunbae but still, he has so much respect for Taeyeon who he idolized the most.

The other girls looked at Baekhyun, astonished. They didn’t expect Baekhyun to be the mc, but they know how good Baekhyun is when it comes to talking. He’s talkative and he’s quite one of the popular members of EXO anyway. The girls bowed down to him that made Baekhyun chuckle for a bit. For him, it’s not necessary to do/use formalities, especially that the new girl group consist of noonas and he’s pretty sure that the youngest member of the group is Oh Sehun’s noona, Seohyun, who is a year older than him.

“Seohyun noona,Sehun must be so proud of you.” He said as the other girls laughed. Baekhyun looked at them with a questioning look.

“Sorry, Baekyhun-ssi. Sehun doesn’t know about this yet.” Sooyoung, the tallest girl, giggled.

Baekyhun looked completely dumbfounded. He expected nothing but Sehun to know this. He knows almost everyone in EXO is Seohyun’s fanboy and he also knows that Sehun’s not fond of surprises, but he shook it all away – he knows that Seohyun is Sehun’s best friend and best friends know each other, he thought.

****


“I want to tell you, even though the sad times have already past. Close your eyes and feel, how you affect my mind, how you attract my gaze.”  The girls sat on the staircase with glittery capes with hoods. All the fans were screaming, some were too eager to see who the girls are. When the girls were done, the lights went off and it’s time for them to introduce and reveal their faces.

Baekhyun went up the stage again and spoke, the fans were really excited that some of them were screaming “let them reveal themselves juseyo~”

“Without further ado, Let us all welcome, So Nyeo Shi Dae!” Baekhyun said loud and clear.

The girls were still wearing those glittery capes with hoods, their faces couldn’t be seen just yet. Taeyeon sat on the first seat, followed by Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and lastly, Seohyun.

The spotlight focused on Taeyeon as she slowly pulled the hood, “Hello, My name is Taeyeon!” the audience squealed. Some of them are already Taeyeon’s fans – but they didn’t expect Taeyeon to debut in this group.

Then, the spotlight focused on Jessica and she introduced herself, followed by Sunny down to Sooyoung. When it was Yoona’s turn, she took of her hood and greeted everyone with a smile; she couldn’t believe that she’s in front of a lot of people. She’s sure, though, that the fans in front of her still don’t know if they’re going to support the girl group but still, she’s very much thankful that there were people who applied and test their luck.

“Hi! My name is Im Yoona!”

From the audience you can see their sunbaes, BoA, DBSK and EXO minus Sehun, Luhan, Kai, Xiumin and Baekyhun – who was the assigned mc for the showcase – BoA’s happiness was evident on her face since she actually rooted for the eight girls who had already introduced themselves. “I knew these girls will debut!” She whispered to Yunho.

Lastly, it was the last member’s turn. The spotlight focused on her. Among all the members, she was the most unique one. The spotlight changed to pastel rose that made the audience “wow” in unison. Her skin was milky white, her hair was long, her hood was only covering her eyes and half of her nose – her small lips were visible. The audience were too excited as she pulled her hood slowly.

****

“Is your friend coming or not? The showcase is starting already.” Luhan said as rested his arm on Xiumin’s shoulder. Kai scratched his head while looking at Sehun who’s busy with his handphone. “She’s coming, okay?” He answered, a little pissed off. It’s his Kai hyung’s idea but it seems that he’s not helping him.

“What do you mean, “SHE”?” Xiumin emphasized the word SHE. They’ve been waiting for that friend of his for an hour without even knowing that it’s a girl. Luhan sighed. He knows whose idea it was, so he shook his head and nudged Kai’s elbows, “I bet it’s your idea, Kim Jongin.”

Kai looked at the three of them, still not wanting to admit, but Xiumin glared at him – just enough for him to admit what it’s all about. “Alright, alright. I told Sehun to invite his friend, Daeun from 2Eyes. She’s just a friend, okay?” Kai blew his bangs off when Sehun interrupted them, “She’s here.”

Xiumin, Luhan, Kai and Sehun along with Daeun went inside venue and their manager told them to sit in front of the stage. Luhan glanced at Xiumin who was obviously frowning.

“What’s wrong?” He asked the older guy.

Xiumin slump his shoulder and gave him a weak smile, “I don’t know why, but I feel bad about Seohyun. It’s her showcase today, but why is Sehun inviting that girl?”

Luhan’s eyebrows widen in surprise. The doe-eyed guy didn’t know that Seohyun’s part of the new girl group. And so, as they walked past the pillars, the other members waved at them and finally, they found their seats. Baekhyun’s supposed to be seated on one of the audience’s seat but since he’s the mc, the boys decided to let Daeun take it.

The audience wow-ed when the last member finally pulled her hood off.

“Hi, I’m Seohyun. I’m the maknae of Girls’ Generation.” Her angelic voice made the audience giddy. The screams grew louder and they were screaming their group’s name again and again.

BoA along with Yunho and Changmin gave them a round of applause whilst the EXO boys were still dumbfounded and some of them really looked amazed. Tao, Kris and Lay gave Sehun the why-didn’t-you-tell-us-about-this look while Xiumin and Luhan mentally face-palmed.

“They are all pretty, Sehun-ah.” Daeun said. Sehun nodded but still, his surprised face was still visible on his face.

“I bet you didn’t know.” Luhan whispered.

Sehun was surprised, of course. He didn’t expect that Seohyun will never tell him about her debut. A part of him wants to scold his noona for surprising him. He hates surprises and his noona knows that. But, at the same time, he’s proud of Seohyun. He remembered the day when Seohyun asked her parents to let her join SM Entertainment. Sehun told her not to since he knows how weak Seohyun is when it comes to training, for health-wise issues, but to his surprise, even if she’s just a new trainee - she got to debut early and because of that.. he’s sure that Seohyun did a good job, she worked hard for it and she deserves this too. He knew that his noona managed to capture the hearts of everyone and she finally did share her talent during her trainee days.

****

When the showcase was over, the sunbaes went to the backstage to take photos with the new group in the company. EXO were still at the side waiting for BoA and DBSK to finish their pictorial with the girls, when they were done, EXO went to their hoobaes and congratulated them for a successful showcase.

“Congratulations, we finally have our first girl group.” Suho said as he clasped his hands. The girls bowed to their sunbaes and thank them for their support and they decided to chill for awhile since both groups’ managers were busy with other stuff.

Seohyun, on the other hand, was obviously looking for Sehun. Yuri laughed – which made the EXO sunbaes looked at her, “Sorry. I just really find Seohyun cute.” Seohyun blushed as the EXO members looked at her, of course, they know how cute Seohyun is and at the same time, they know who she was looking for.

“If you’re looking for Sehun, she’s outside with Kai, Luhan and Xiumin.” Suho smiled.

Seohyun nodded and jogged her way outside. She finally saw Luhan and Xiumin who were both leaning against the wall, drinking coffee. Luhan saw her first and waved at her. “Um, Luhan-ssi? Have you seen Sehun-ah?” She asked. Luhan pointed at the side and there she saw Kai, Sehun and Daeun.