Aruging: Goodbye Summer

[LONG HIATUS] S w e e t T e m p t a t i o n (A 30 chaptered KaiLu Challenge)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright Sunny afternoon where the rays from the sun shine brightly into a class window. Luhan was sitting in the classroom, near the window being oblivious about the things happening around him. Some students are engaged in a intresting conversation at the side of the classroom. Some students were sweeping the classroom floor while some boys are playing prank on one another. Luhan placed both of his arms on the table and lean on it while looking out of the classroom window, having no interest in the commotion going on in the class. 'Jongin, it's been a year. When are you coming back ?' Luhan sigh as he closes his eyes taking a quick nap.

 

- A year Ago -

 

 "JONGIN! GET BACK HERE!" Luhan screamed as he holds onto a paint brush with black paint on it, chasing after Jongin around the school corridor.

 

"Lu, you should have seen you face! You look so cute!" Jongin laughed as he continues to run away from Luhan. With that, Luhan ran at a faster speed to catch up with Jongin and he managed to grab Jongin by the collar of his school shirt and dragged him to a wall.

 

"This is for you Kim Jongin!" Luhan said before he start painting Jongin's Face. He make sure he paint on his nose and draw some whisker before letting him go. Once Luhan was satisfied with his work, he gave a thumbs up and start laughing loudly. Jongin on the other hand gave Luhan a blank stare. He turned towards the window to see his reflection and was quite amused with Luhan's 'art' work.

 

"Hyung, at least yours is worse than mine." Jongin breaks into laughter again and so is Luhan. While the both of them are having a good time laughing at each other's mess that they created , a teacher was walking towards their direction and gave them a stern look.

 

"Both of you, what are you two doing playing around with paints ? How old are you already? Both of you are down with Detention. Meet me in the detention room at 1.30pm" He said before walking away while taking note of their names. Both Jongin and Luhan gave a small laugh before proceeding back to the art room.


I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls
I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished
After that day (yeah yeah) we always (yeah yeah)
Stuck together like the Astro twins, you were me and I was you


"Luhan, Luhan... LUHAN Ya!" Luhan heard a loud noise calling him and he raised his head from his lying position and rub his eyes while finding a guy with chubby cheeks standing beside him.

 

"Oh it's you, Xiumin" Luhan gave a yawn which made Xiumin snicker.

 

"Luhan, please cover your mouth when you yawn. You're destroying your own image." Xiumin gave a short laugh before taking a seat beside Luhan.

 

"Like I care." Luhan rolled his eyes and lie on his desk.


"Are you thinking about him again ?" Xiumin enquired as he look at Luhan with a worried look.


"What makes you say that ?" Luhan asked puzzled as if there is something wrong with him.


"Because you are crying."

 

Luhan never knew that the past hit could him so hard. Heck he didn't even knew that he cried until Xiumin mentioned it. 'Why can't i get over you, Jongin ?' Luhan asked himself as he walked out of the classroom ready to head home. Just when he thought he was walking towards the school gate, he walked right into the School Hall.

 

- A Year Ago - *A Day before Graduation Day*

 

"Jongin, don't cry." Luhan said as he sit beside Jongin patting his back sending him comfort.


"Lu, we are graduating tomorrow, that means we won't be able to spend time with one another as much as we do now... I don't want that to happen." Jongin said which makes him cry even harder thinking about it.


"Jongin, We'll still be able to see each other until the end of the year. Don't worry too much." Luhan said as he pulled Jongin closer to him. Jongin cried softly under Luhan's embrace.


*D-Day of Graduation*


"Jongin ah, are you going to cry now ?" Luhan asked Jongin with bright smile.

"I'm not crying Lu, not even a single tear is  going to be shed today. see!" Jongin point at his eyes which makes Luhan laugh.


You cried so much on the day before graduation
You held it in firmly since you’re a guy
Just like that hot summer when we couldn’t say what we wanted, goodbye


Luhan was mesmerised by Jongin's clear brown orbs that he noticed them to be watery. Jongin eventually excused himself to go to the washroom. Luhan of course knew that Jongin is about to cry and so was he.


Luhan bring himself back to reality by walking to school gate glancing at the school hall for the last time. All those flashback he had just now was so new and so fresh like it just happened right in front of him when he was at the hall. Luhan walks into a nearby mini mart to grab a few snacks before he head home. When he entered the store, he was greeted by a kind ahjussi who has known Luhan ever since he was a young boy. Luhan gave him a smile before buying the things he need. When he went to paid for the items, the ahjussi gave Luhan a discount which he felt grateful for. Luhan thank the ahjussi again before he left the mini mart and head home.


As Luhan reached his house doorstep, he took out his house key and insert it into the lock before entering and locking it again. Luhan place his bag down at the living room and start unpacking the things he bought today. While Luhan was deciding on what to have for lunch, he accidentally picked up the "Lays" potato chip which brings him back to the past.

 

- Flash Back-


"Jongin ah! I bought potato chips for the movie!" Luhan said as he grabs the large packet of "Lays" potato chips and placed it on the table before taking a seat beside Jongin. Jongin took hold of it and gave a low chuckle.


"If Lay Hyung finds out about this, he is going to be mad!" Which cause the both of them to laugh.


"I bought it because it's your favourite potato chip!" Luhan chirped as he seated comfortably beside Jongin on his sofa. "Thank you Lu." Jongin said and gave Luhan a quick peck on his lips.


Luhan put the "Lays" chip aside and picked the Twisties in the plastic bag. After all the Jongin flashback, he decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter