Chapter Six

Back to December

As each day passed, the weather grew colder. Various shops had already started to prepare themselves for the upcoming annual celebration.

Christmas.

It was a Wednesday morning and Hyosung’s studio had unpacked their storage of decorations. The staff was asked to help put them up and the work day had been turned into a day for decorating. 

Jongup jumped in excitement as he was given the duty of preparing the Christmas tree. It was placed in the front foyer and would be the first thing people saw when they came in. The eager boy hurriedly pealed the tape off the box and began to take whatever his hands could get in contact with. And it so happened to be the long string of tinsel.

“Hyosung,” He called happily when the girl walked in a few minutes later, “Wanna help me?”

The photographer looked at her colleague. She raised an eyebrow and wondered how he managed to have tinsel wrapped around himself. He fumbled to grab some decorations out of the cardboard box and they only spilled out of his hands.

“It looks like you need it,” Hyosung replied and rushed over to assist him. Considering the amount of decorations that hung off his clothes, Hyosung was worried that the office would put Jongup on display instead of the actual tree.

 

“It’s too tall. I don’t think I can reach,” Hyosung said in agony as she stretched her arms as far as they could. “Jongup, could you give me a hand.”

The boy looked over in her direction, seeing her struggle to place the final piece of decoration on the tree’s peak.

“Come on, this star isn’t going to magically fly out of my hands.” Hyosung stated.

Jongup looked at the ladder she was standing on and swallowed the thick lump of saliva which accumulated in his throat. He didn’t like ladders. He scanned the area in hopes to find someone else to help her but they were all busy.

“All right. Get down from there. I’ll do it,” He sighed and gave in.

Hyosung quickly made her way down until she reached solid ground. She smiled and placed the star into Jongup’s hands. “Thank you.”

Jongup dropped his head in distress. Hyosung knew he had a fear of heights. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to let him climb that ladder.

Hyosung glanced at the time. It was almost the end of the work day. Daehyun should be here soon.

Just as she finished her assumption, a young male strolled into the reception. Everyone had turned their heads towards him, his features stunning them. Hands stopped working and the only thing moving was the male and the eyes of the people around him.

He gave a bow to the employees and walked over to his acquainted photographer.

“Hey,” He said with shy smile, “I came to pick you up.” He glanced at his surprised audience and lowered his head. “I’m… early aren’t I?”

Hyosung laughed. “No, you’re just on time.” She turned her head to Jongup who was still standing in front of the ladder taking deep breathes. “Jongup?”

The boy turned his head.

“It’s ok. I know you don’t like heights. This kind man will do it instead.” Hyosung informed and retrieved the star from Jongup’s hands. The boy’s face lit up in relief.

“I can leave after you help with this tiny little favour,” Hyosung stressed and held out her hand, the star decoration rested on her palm.

Daehyun looked around the room and tilted his head to see the decorations on the ceiling. The room was exposed to colours of red and green, making the place look joyous.

“Sure.”

Jongup immediately cleared the way for Daehyun and watched as he placed one foot above the other, slowly climbing his way to the top of the ladder.

Daehyun glanced below him. He liked the way Hyosung looked up, watching him. A grin plastered on his face and he climbed further. Finally, with little effort, he placed the decoration where it belonged.

Once his fingers left contact, a round of applause erupted from a spectator below – Jongup.

Daehyun laughed at his spontaneous personality and quickly got down. He purposely missed the last step and jumped off, landing on the ground with a quite thump. Everyone had resumed working and the heavy weight of stares left Daehyun’s body.

Hyosung grinned. “I’m just going to tell my boss, it won’t be long.”

Daehyun nodded and continued to admire the scenic interior.

 

Hyosung took in a deep breath. In her opinion, her boss was a little intimidating, nice, but intimidating. She stood in front of his heavy office door. His name carved in block letters on the metal label.

Yoo Youngjae. Chief Executive Officer.

Hyosung hesitated to knock.

“You can come in you know. I can see you from my window.” Her boss’ voice sounded from inside. Hyosung almost jumped. She squeezed her eyes shut from embarrassment and smacked a hand to her forehead, 

Why did I take so long? She thought and imagined how ridiculous she must’ve looked.

Hyosung cleared and turned the door knob.

 

After the approval to leave, Hyosung grabbed her camera and walked over to the front foyer. Daehyun was talking with Jongup while he waited and Hyosung couldn’t help but take a quick snap shot of the two. ‘Visual explosion’ was what she named the photo.

“Daehyun,” She called, “I can leave now.”

The man's head perked up and nodded. He gave a wave to his newly met friend and escorted Hyosung out the company.

They walked outside and Daehyun gestured to a black and silver motorbike parked on the side. He took out two helmets and handed one over to Hyosung.

“I hope you don’t mind,” he stated as he clipped his helmet on.

Hyosung stared at the shiny plastic protection. Her face reflected off the black coating. “No, this is fine.”

Daehyun’s grin was hidden behind his helmet. He swung one leg over the seat and jerked his head for Hyosung to follow. Luckily she wasn’t wearing a skirt. She hooked her camera around her neck and copied Daehyun’s movements. The bike was taller than she expected and she had to almost jump to get her legs over.

She heard Daehyun laugh and felt embarrassment warming the tips of her ears.

“Hold on tight ok?” Daehyun instructed as he started the engine.

Hyosung stared at his broad shoulders, his sturdy back and toned waist. She had missed wrapping her arms around him and squishing her cheeks on his back. Every time this happened, she loved being able to hear the steady beat of Daehyun's heart.

Daehyun looked behind him and waited for her to secure herself on the bike. When she hesitated to hold onto him, Daehyun moved Hyosung’s arms for her so they rested on his abdomen.

“If you don’t hold on, I can’t guarantee you’ll still be sitting behind me when we get to the amusement park.” Daehyun joked.

Hyosung didn’t reply and just locked her arms in place.

Feeling the sensation of having someone hug him from behind, a wide smile sneaked its way across Daehyun’s face.

“Ok, here we go!”

Daehyun removed the kick stand with his legs and the bike fired down the road.

* * * * * *

A man with a tainted mind, a man who has lost sense of truth. There are two types of people like him. One stays hidden behind confinement, and the other disguises himself to fit into society, shielding their inner self. This man was the second type.

His house was dark. Not because the sun was setting, but because he wanted it to be dark. A red flare burned in the corner of the room where a picture of a girl displayed. He walked towards it, the light giving his face a red glow. His eyes were shallow as he stared at the smiling portrait.

“Sunhwa, my beautiful daughter… it’s ok. He will pay for what he did to you. I’ll make sure of it.”

His fingers traced the face of his daughter. They shook slightly as he remembered his true purpose in society. His role. His revenge. “Just wait a little longer ok?” His voice was soft and contaminated with ominous thoughts.

The man moved to his desk. It was practically cleared of things except for a sticky note that stuck firmly to the mahogany surface. Printed with his hand writing, a name spread across the note:

Jung Hana.

He pulled out the desk’s drawer to retrieve another sheet of paper and began to fill in his second sticky note, his second character to his plan. When his pen finished the last stoke, he stuck the note next to the first and smiled. A smile that would frighten those who witnessed it, a smile that reflected who he truly was on the inside.

“Jun Hyosung…” he whispered.


Author's Notes

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE! It's been a while since I've updated :')

I would like to thank my new subscribers and to YOU who is reading this right now. Without you, I don't think I would find the motivation to continue writing and lash out my Daehyo feels! :P

BUT OMG IDOL SPORT CHAMPIONSHIP! Secret and B.A.P were on the same team and the amout of TS family moments I saw from fancams were just asljsdklgsdjsdfjgkf. 

hahaha ok I shall stop spazzing. Please look forward to future updates >.< 

<3