Chapter Three

Back to December

What is happening? Hyosung repeatedly thought. The producer had spotted her standing there and waved his hand for her to come over and begin the session.

Hyosung walked up to the producer with an uncertain expression.

“When did we have a session with Daehyun today?” she whispered to him and felt her voice quiver slightly at the sound of his name.

“I thought I told you yesterday? Daehyun forgot about it too when I mentioned it to him… I did tell you, didn’t I?” The producer explained and started to doubt if he really told anyone about today’s session.

Yesterday? I wasn’t even here yesterday!

Hyosung was completely lost. “Can we delay this for a moment? I really need to use the bathroom.”

The producer looked at her with concern but before he could say anything, Hyosung already handed him her camera and rushed off.

Daehyun poked his head around to catch a glimpse of the photographer but he only saw her back. A bad hair day? He thought.

 

The cold sting of water slapped Hyosung’s face. She looked up and observed her reflection in the mirror. The tips of her hair slightly dripped with water as she tried to give herself an explanation for her current situation. Just when her mind had run out of possibilities, a figure appeared in the corner of the reflective surface.

Hyosung jumped in shock. She couldn’t see it very clearly but she could tell it definitely wasn’t a female. She quickly turned around, her eyes sharp and ready to hit someone if she needed to.

The figure’s eyes widened and immediately threw his hands up, indicating he meant no harm.

“W-what are you doing here?” Hyosung stuttered and was getting ready to run for her life.

“You can see me?” The guy asked.

Hyosung nodded her head with a puzzled expression.  “Of course I can see you! Am I not supposed to or something?”

The male looked to the side. No, you’re not… He took a step forward when Hyosung’s voice stopped him.

“Don’t come any closer,” she pleaded, fear coating her every word.

The male stood still. “I’m sorry, it’s just you’re not supposed to be able to see me at all.”

There was a moment of silence. Hyosung gulped. Is he a ghost? Oh my god, please tell me he’s not a ghost…

“Who are you? What are you?” Hyosung demanded as her hands searched her pockets for something she could throw and make a quick escape.

“I’m…” The guy stopped. The question had caught him off guard. He was neither human nor a lost soul. He didn’t possess any hateful intentions or murderous desires. He was just…Time.

“You’re…?” Hyosung said.

“I’m Time.” He said simply. He could not tell her what he was as he too, did not really know.

 * * * * * * 

“So what you’re saying is that I saved you and now I’m back in time. As in back, back in time. Like the past back?” Hyosung questioned, unable to stop herself from feeling overwhelmed by this information.

Time nodded. “Isn’t this what you wanted?”

Hyosung exhaled and cupped a hand over her forehead. “Wow…” was all she managed to say. She supported herself with the assistance of the basin and looked into the mirror. “I’m back in December… this isn’t an act. I really went back in time.”

As much as she wanted to know the reason why Daehyun broke up with her so suddenly, she wasn’t sure she could handle it at the moment. At least not yet.

Hyosung ran her fingers through her hair. “I’m sorry, just give me a moment… I need some time to let this sink in.”

“Sure,” Time said understandingly. “I’m not sure why you’re able to see me but it’s my responsibility to look out for you. If you ever have any questions or just want to talk to me, just tap any form of clock three times and I’ll be there.”

Hyosung gave him a look of gratitude.

“And please take this as a gift. Don’t think too much about it. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to see you wondering the streets looking half dead.” Time softened his tone, “Here’s a word of advice. Memories can be the deadliest poison, if you live off it, it will eventually kill you.”

Hyosung tilted her head, “Are you saying I should forget about my memories?”

Time smiled, “No, don’t forget. Just don’t let your memories get caught in the past. Why? Because in the past, those memories haven’t been created yet.”

Hyosung nodded slowly, taking in every word of wisdom Time offered. “This may be silly but I have a question. Why are you helping me? I know you said I saved you but that could’ve been anyone. That didn’t have to be me.”

“But it was.”

Silence filled the room as Hyosung processed his response. She stared at her two feet. She was standing on the same floor, the same room, the same space but just not in the right time. When she looked up, Time had already disappeared, leaving her with countless thoughts running inside her head.

 

Hyosung walked back to the studio and took a long look at the model. She wasn’t sure she could talk to him without considering where this relationship was going. Recalling what Time had told her about living off her memories, she sighed and closed her eyes. This isn’t his fault, he doesn’t even know it’s his fault, no one does.

“Alright, since the photographer’s here, everyone please get ready.” The producer announced.

Hyosung nodded and positioned her camera. His first pose is the one where he stares into the camera with his hands in his pockets…

As Hyosung mentally predicted his poses, one after another, Daehyun followed them exactly. It was so accurate it scared her a little. It wasn’t really a prediction but fact. She already knew.

And now he will ask for a break…

“Sorry producer, the lights are really hot. Could I get a drink of water?” Daehyun enquired as he wiped off the tiny beads of sweat forming on his brow.

And how did I know he was going to do that. Hyosung thought sarcastically.

Hyosung watched as Daehyun poured the liquid into his mouth. His throat moving up and down each time he swallowed. She looked away, avoiding the perfect picture he painted. She felt her heart race. Yes, he was attractive but after what happened, she should be thinking otherwise. However, that didn’t stop her from reacting the way any female would in his presence.

She decided to distract herself by looking through the photos she just took. Bad idea. They were all images of Daehyun looking like some carefully sculptured statue of David. He emitted such charisma in his eyes, his posture, even if he was just standing there, Hyosung found that he looked perfect.

Daehyun finished his break and walked up to the photographer. He placed a spare water bottle in front of her face, covering the images she was admiring. Hyosung’s head shot up in surprise.

“Here, I thought you might be thirsty.” Daehyun said and smiled.

Hyosung felt blood rush to her ears. She was too engrossed at what she was doing and completely forgot he would do that. “Ah, thanks.” She replied awkwardly and took the bottle from his hands. She felt uncomfortable.

“May I see the photos?” He asked with another smile. Somehow a little different from his first one, it seemed sweeter.

Hyosung felt her heart race. She mentally scolded herself for acting this way but eventually nodded at his request. Hyosung observed him as he focused on the pictures she’d taken. This really was her opportunity to start over, she should be overjoyed. But somehow, she felt dirty… like she was deceiving everyone around her.

Daehyun’s voice suddenly broke her from her thoughts. “These look good. You’re a really great photographer.”

His compliment made Hyosung smile unconsciously.

“So how should I address you?” He suddenly asked. Hyosung blinked. This was the moment, the moment when their two worlds crashed, collided, merged and came together. Hyosung’s next response determined the start of everything that will happen between them.

Hyosung felt her breath quicken. Never did she imagine she would forget the pain upon hearing his voice again. She missed him. She missed this him. “You can call me Hyosung.”

Daehyun smiled even brighter and nodded. “Hyosung,” he repeated, “Nice to meet you.”

So this is how I felt when he first spoke to me. Hyosung had almost forgotten. For a moment, she believed this was really happening for the first time. When he smiled at her like that and looked at her with those eyes, she remembered the Daehyun she loved.

Is it possible?

To fall in love with you again…

…or maybe, I just never stopped. 


Author's Notes

Thank you for reading!! <3 The story is slowly progressing haha. Please look forward to Daehyun and Hyosung's relationship in future updates! >.<

Once again, that you for reading. Please subscribe and leave a comment <333

xxx