A new student ?

Ms Right and Mr face

   My Monday morning started out wonderfully – by waking up 20 minutes late, hitting my toe while trying to get into my school uniform, burning my toast, spilling my tea and missing my favourite cartoon, what could be better than that? I knew that this was going to be the worst day of my life a great day.

 

  Thanks to Tao I had went to sleep late yesterday, that guy just wouldn’t leave my house until I had promised to spend the next Friday with him instead of my new “friend”. He had spent the whole weekend at my house and my parents were just happy about that.They loved Tao almost as much as they loved me and sometimes I thought that maybe even more.

 

 I knew that he would mock me. Like he always did if I had done something embarrassing or stupid (which happened quite a lot, he would always mock me with saying “Who’s the smart one now?”) but this time he took it on a whole new level. 

 

    I was afraid to go to school at first, I didn’t like receiving too much attention but sometimes it just happened naturally. Like when the teacher told the test scores out loud and prised me as she told the whole class the mark that I got. Then everyone usually turned around or just muttered “of course it’s her again” but there was nothing I could do about it.

 

   I liked knowing a lot of information about things I was interested in. Or just knowing random facts in general. It’s not that I only liked reading books and doing my homework, like everyone thought, of course not, but I had great plans for the time that I grow up so I had to do something to reach them. I wasn’t gifted with a great singing voice like Suho. I wasn’t even close to being a great orator like Hye Su was, everyone always listened to her, acknowledged her and prised her because of her special making-people-always-agree-with-her skills. I wasn’t even near being as strong as Tao was, sometimes I couldn’t even open a jar of pickles. So I had to work hard. And that’s what I did.

 

   To my surprise everything seemed normal when I entered the school, trying to catch back my breath and holding onto my sides (I had to run to school since Hye Su hadn’t waited for me and I couldn’t drive with her) The first class was about to start so there weren’t many people in the hallway, nobody noticed me and I sighed in relief, holding onto the laces of my backpack.

 

I went to the lockers and put Hye Su’s broken heels in my locker as well as taking all the notes I needed for today. I will have to give these to Hye Su sooner or later… I thought as I looked back at them and sighed once again. She is going to kill me. Or make me her slave until I will have paid the price that they cost.

 

I closed the locker and turned around to go to my first class but I ran into someone instead. Oh this is going to be my lucky day. Again.

I looked up to see who it was and to my surprise it was the principal. Oh no. oh no. Not right now.

“I’m sorry Mr Principal!” I apologized and bowed down.

 

   “Oh, I should be the one apologizing, Ms Park.” He said and gave me a gentle smile “I was actually looking for you” he continued “Do you have a moment? It will only take a few minutes, I would like to talk with you about something.” He said and gestured me to follow him.

I nodded. “S-sure.” And started following him.

 

    “I know that your classes will star soon but I have a request for you, are you willing to listen?” Mr Wu asked, stopping in front of his office and looking back at me. In some day, he did remind me of Kris. He was like an older version of him, but his hair were in dark brown colour with tiny shades of grey here and there, and a few wrinkles creeping their way up to his face when he smiled.

“Of course, sir.” I answered and waited for what he was going to tell me.

 

   “There is a new student joining our school and I thought, considering you good grades, that you wouldn’t mind showing him around here? Maybe taking him to the town, you know, so he would get used to being here and maybe even make some new friends.” The principal said. “I don’t think that skipping a few classes would somehow affect your grades, that’s why I’m asking for your help.” He finished.

   A new student huh? That shouldn’t be too difficult, I had already hosted exchange students once this shouldn’t be any different. I had to something to get the last weekend’s events out of my mind, this would be perfect! Plus the principal himself asked me to do this task, I couldn’t deny it.

 

“Okay! I will do it!” I decided and smiled brightly.

“Good then.” he opened the doors “He is in my office right now.”

   The doors opened, revealing a tall figure facing the window, leaning against the principal’s desk. As the figure slowly turned around I froze midway through the door.

 

“Perhaps you haven’t met him yet, Ms Park, this is my son Yi Fan. He has come here all the way from China so be nice to him.” He joked.

   Kris saw me and walked closer to me with a smirk on his face but once Mr Wu turned around to face his son, the smirk disappeared and a genuine smile appeared on his lips instead.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Ms Park, I hope we will get along” Kris said and bowed down to me, with the same smile still lingering on his face.

   I wasn’t able to answer anything, my mind said run but my body was frozen on the spot and didn’t listen to me at all. My mouth was hanging open and I had to combine all my power to close it.

 I could still run away right?

 

   “Okay you kids, have fun, I still have some things to do. Go on and show him around, Eun Ji.” Mr Wu said and guided us out of his office and closed the doors behind him.

 

    I looked at Kris with a terrified expression but he just grinned back at me “I’m sure we will have fun” he said as he put his arm around my shoulder and made his way through the hallway, dragging me along.

 

I’m done for.

 


 

A/N: A little update for you guys, the story has finally OFFICIALLY started. Yay. I actually did update it, what is this life coming to? -pats myself on the back- But I promised it to you guys right? So I did it ! I Hope you enjoyed it, as always comments are welcomed - tell me what do you think about this so far. Also, sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm writting this at night, as always...so yeah...

Thank you for  reading !