Chapter Two

My Stubborn Little Prince and I

Hi everyone! Say whut? Who updated?? Chapter Two now!!


 

“Ugh,” Luhan snapped his feet as he turned around, Sehun and the other three on his tail. “Can you guys cut it out?!”

 

 

Luhan stomped his feet as he walked down the hotel’s lobby, It was a Saturday, and Wufan decided to hold a welcoming party for his little brother. Sehun could recall the twinkle on the young master’s eyes when the President told him that there’s going to be a party for his arrival. However, when Luhan found out that it was a formal event and the ones invited are mostly his brother’s “friends”, also known as company owners whose only purpose is to up to Wufan (Sehun secretly agrees), he decided to throw a tantrum all over the estate.

“Don’t mind him.” Sehun remembered Wufan telling him when Luhan stormed off (quite loudly) from the office when his idea of bringing a DJ to the party was turned down by his older brother. “He’ll stop when he gets hungry.”

Despite Wufan’s constant reminders of telling him not to worry, Sehun cannot help but feel otherwise. One time, when he was about to eat dinner with his team, the very distressed head chef told them that the young master had decided to learn how to cook. He even volunteered to cook for the whole staff. Sehun could already feel his blood pressure going up, when he rushed to the kitchen only to found the place to be a pure pandemonium; and in the middle of it was Luhan almost setting his own chef’s hat on fire.

Needless to say, it had been a very long night with him and his team eating charred fish and undercooked rice for. Chanyeol was almost in tears halfway eating his meal. Baekhyun and Jongdae could only give him pats of support.

Aside from that, Luhan made it clear to everyone how much he hates the extra security that his brother provided for him. But who could blame the President? Sehun had to instruct his team to watch the young master all around the estate, which obviously drove Luhan nuts. However, after numerous FAILED attempts of persuading his brother that he didn’t need any security because he is now a “good” boy, Luhan grudgingly accepted the fact that he could not get rid of Sehun.

That does not mean though that the young master would back down that easily. No, Sehun had to give credit to Luhan and his little pranks. One time, when Sehun had returned to their dorms from his scheduled rounds, a bawling and very wet Baekhyun burst into his room and telling Sehun that the young master suddenly threw him into the pool when he was not looking. However, when he confronted Luhan about it, the young master only stuck his tongue out before closing the door on Sehun’s face.

 

And now, here they are on the night of the party. Sehun had to assemble his team all week to make sure that they would be ready to any antics that Luhan would pull that night. Although he feels that they were pretty ready, Sehun still has an unsettling feeling on his stomach. He could not afford to make a mistake.

In Sehun’s awe though, Luhan was the perfect host when he was introduced to the crowd. He kept a smile on his face as different investors approached him from all the corners of the venue. Sehun kept a close distance on him as he kept a sharp eye at the young master. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae are on their stations, all on alert in case something goes wrong.

It isn’t soon when Luhan finally excused himself from the crowd. Turning around, he saw Sehun standing so closely at him. His eyes automatically gave the other a glare. The smile on his face still there, but he still stepped sharply on Sehun’s foot before exiting. Sehun signaled the other three to follow the young master.

 

“Seriously!” Luhan almost shouted. “Stop following me! I need space!” He said before walking off.

The other three looked at Sehun uncertainly, not sure if they should listen to Luhan’s words or face the wrath of their leader. However, when Sehun started walking once more, the three immediately followed.

“Baekhyun, I’m scared.” Sehun heard Chanyeol whisper to the other.

“Shut up!” Baekhyun hissed.

“You guys want to die?” Jongdae said as he gestured at Sehun and Luhan. The tension between the two could be felt in the atmosphere.

“Yah, Oh Sehun!” Luhan looked back once more. His arms were crossed. His eyebrows were furrowed, and Sehun thinks it looked so wrong.

Sehun raised an eyebrow in response, which caused Luhan to roll his eyes at him.

“Didn’t I tell you to get lost?!” Luhan shouted.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at him. “Yes, but I refuse to follow you.”

“What the? Refuse to…? What?!” Luhan looked affronted.

“I have my specific methods of doing my job.” Sehun answered. “You should just cooperate.”

“Ugh, I just can’t with you!” Luhan fired back. “You three!” He snapped his head to the others, which caused Jongdae to gulp loudly. “Can’t you do anything?!”

But the three could only stay quiet when they saw the vein on Sehun’s forehead, ready to pop anytime now.

“You guys are useless.” Luhan said in frustration, before resuming on his way.

 

The four bodyguards followed the young master until they arrived at Luhan’s resting room. Luhan threw his coat as soon as they went in and proceeded to the wash room.

“Oh my God.” Luhan turned to see Sehun still on his tail. “I’m going to get a freaking restraining order. Can I get some peace while I take a dump?!”

“I’m just gonna stay outside of the door.” Sehun said as he stood at the doorway. “You can do your business now, little prince.

“What did you call me?” Luhan looked at him in annoyance.

Sehun shrugged. “Nothing.” He turned to Baekhyun. “Baekhyun, Chanyeol monitor the hallways.”

“Yes, sunbae!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol answered.

“Jongdae, search the room for any bugs.”

“Whatever.” Luhan says before finally entering the wash room. However, Sehun did not miss it when Luhan called him an “uptight jerk” before closing the door.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Luhan still has not come out of the washroom. Sehun was getting a little bit worried, but he figured that some people take their time when it comes to these kinds of things. Hell, just that morning, Chanyeol took half an hour to do his business, much to Baekhyun and Jongdae’s dismay.

However, when another five minutes passed and Jongdae had finished checking the room twice, and there’s still no signs of Luhan coming out, Sehun took matters into his own hand. After knocking repeatedly at the door, he decided to tear it down. And, surprise-surprise, just like he expected, the wash room window opened widely. The cool night air blowing inside the room.

“This isn’t gonna be good.” Jongdae said weakly as he eyed his leader nervously.

Sehun’s hands clenched into a fist. Really, he’s having a headache right now.

Luhan escaping through the bathroom window? How stereotypical could he get?

 

After a couple of minutes of composing himself, Sehun turned to Jongdae. “Jongdae, you know what to do: Alert the President immediately. Tell Baekhyun and Chanyeol to start their search for the young master right away. I’m going to start searching for him too. Catch up to us when you’re done. Are we clear?”

“Yes, sunbae!” Jongdae says as he left the room.

 

It’s not like Sehun had not planned for this scenario. The past week, he had briefed his team of every scenario that could go wrong in this event. On the other hand, he knew that tracking Luhan wouldn’t be easy. He tried contacting his phone, but Luhan had turned it off. No way, he could track his GPS now. Sehun is now really starting to worry. Luhan hasn’t been in the country for so long. He’s not sure if the young master knows his way around the city. Sehun knew he could be stubborn, but really, doesn’t Luhan know how to take care of himself? This is so stressing.

Sehun was walking around the shopping district, checking out the shops for any signs of Luhan when his phone suddenly rang.

“Sunbae!” Baekhyun’s voice was almost out of breath. “I’ve found the young master. One of my former gang members told me he’s in one of the bars downtown. Hold on, I’ll text you the address! Chanyeol and I are heading to it right now!”

As soon as he received Baekhyun’s message, Sehun sped up to the place.

 

If there’s one thing that Sehun hates besides a stubborn, spoiled, annoying, (and cute, but he wouldn’t admit it) brat, it was a huge, large crowd. The speakers were blaring when he entered the bar, and Sehun looked distastefully as jumping teenagers jammed to the band playing.

“Nice outfit, dude!” One drunken guy shouted at him.

Sehun did not mind him as he looked around. There are still no signs of Luhan. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are still not around. Where could the young master possibly be?

As though his question has been answered, a slight microphone feedback caught his attention.

 

“Hello! Everybody!” Sehun made his way into the crowd as a slightly tipsy Luhan took the stage with the microphone in his hand.

“Are you guys still ready to jam with me?!”

The crowd cheered. Sehun had to glare at the girl beside him who shouted, “You’re so cute, I wanna take you home tonight!” Please.

“My name is Luhan!” Luhan continued slightly swaying because of the alcohol. “Enjoy this song!” He signaled the band to play.

Sehun was about to jump on the stage, when Luhan started singing. Suddenly, the noisy and jumping crowd did not seem to fade into the background. He did not mind if he was pushed by the huge guy behind him nor stepped on the foot by the squealing girls beside him. No, Sehun was in awe as he watched Luhan sing. There is a slight smile on his face, and contrary to the smile he wore when he was at the party or when he was pulling pranks at them, this smile, although small seemed so sincere.

 

He’s happy.

 

Sehun was left in trance that he didn’t notice that he was already pushed into the front of the crowd until the end of Luhan’s song. The crowd was cheering loudly when Luhan bowed, and asking him to sing another song.

“You guys want another one?!” Luhan says, his smile wider than ever. The crowd cheered right away.

“Okay!” Luhan was about to signal the band when he made eye contact with Sehun. All of a sudden, his smile turned mischievous right away. “Wait- Hold on.”

There was a slight protest from the crowd, but Luhan was unfazed as he continued his staring contest with Sehun.

“Look who’s here!” Luhan pointed to the other, and a spotlight was focused on Sehun right away. “Everyone! This is the guy that stole my first kiss!”

The crowd immediately started their wolf-whistling and teasing. Some of them, elbowing him. Sehun clenched his jaw. He knew that Luhan was trying to make him snap, which wouldn’t happen EVER. He knew he should’ve snatched the young master earlier.

“Is he your boyfriend?!” An audience shouted.

“Oh no, no, no!” Luhan laughed. “No way!”

“Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him!” The crowd cheered, and all of a sudden, Sehun felt he was carried off  from the crowd to the stage. The crowd was still cheering as he was dropped to his feet, and stood in front of Luhan.

“Kiss now, you lovebirds!” Sehun heard one of them. GOD, HE HATES CROWDS.

Sehun looked at the audience and there, in the middle of the crowd, he saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae joining in the “Kiss him!” cheers. Those bastards. I swear I’ll make them run a thousand laps tomorrow!

“So are you going to kiss me or what?” Luhan was smirking at him. Sehun hates the idea that Luhan thinks he’s got the upper hand. “The crowd’s waiting.”

Luhan took a step towards him, closing in their distance. The crowd’s cheering is getting louder. Luhan’s wicked smirk is getting wider by the second. Sehun stood unmoving as Luhan’s face got closer and closer and closer until he could feel the other’s breath on his face. For a second as Luhan closed his eyes, Sehun wishes he could see the beautiful smile that Luhan wore earlier.

Sehun took the necessary action.

It felt like déjà vu as Sehun lifted Luhan over his shoulder. The young master’s protests were heard right away, but Sehun was already making his way down the stage. The crowd was cheering once more, as they misunderstood Sehun’s actions. They thought that Sehun was gonna bring Luhan to somewhere “private”.

 

Sehun felt relieved when finally they managed to get out of the noisy club as he finally let Luhan down. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae arrived outside as well.

“What were you thinking escaping like that?!” Sehun shouted at Luhan. He knows he shouldn’t scold him, but his mind is not working properly at that moment. “What if something happened?”

Luhan pouted. “You did not even let me kiss you back there, Oh Sehun. Can’t you do anything right?”

That caught Sehun off-guard for a couple of moments. Clearing his throat, “Stop talking nonsense!”

“Sunbae, did you really steal Young Master Luhan’s kiss?” Chanyeol suddenly asked, which earned him elbows courtesy of Baekhyun and Jongdae.

Luhan’s eyes suddenly twinkled. “Come and get me, Sehun!” And he ran away.

“Young Master!” Baekhyun shouted after him.

Sehun shook his head in frustration. That guy must be really crazy. “I’ll get him. He can’t run that far. He’s a bit drunk. You guys return to the President and tell him that the young master and I will be returning soon. Clear?

“Yes, sunbae.”

“Oh, and by the way,” Sehun said before he ran after Luhan. “Don’t think that I didn’t see you three cheering in there earlier. Expect some additional laps tomorrow.”

The three could only gulp.

 

As it turned out, chasing after Luhan would be easier than he thought. He found the young master in one of the alleys, and leaning down to a very excited puppy.

“Who’s a good boy?” Luhan cooed as he carried the puppy in his arms. His laughter echoing when the pup his cheek. “You are? Yes you are!!”

Sehun sighed as he approached Luhan. “Young Master, let’s go home now. The President’s waiting for you back at the estate now.”

Luhan looked at him. “I’ll only go home if I could take this cute puppy with me.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “I’m not really the one who could decide if you could have a pet or not.”

“That’s the meanie I was running away from when I met you.” Luhan cooed at the puppy, which was responded by an adorable bark. “You’re too cute! What should I call you?”

“Young Master. Car. Now.” Sehun said.

“Fine.” Luhan pouted as he followed. “I told you he’s mean.” Sehun heard Luhan say to the dog.

 

It was expected that when they arrived at the estate, Luhan got a scolding from his older brother. Sehun was not really used to see Wufan that stressed out. He must have been really worried.

“And who told you that you could bring a pet back home?” Wufan asked his Luhan.

“He’s mine!” Luhan defended. “You can’t tell me what I can and can’t do!”

“And who’s gonna take care of him?” Wufan asked.

“I am!” Luhan replied defiantly. “I’ll bathe him and groom him and feed him!”

“Please, you can’t even cook a meal for yourself.” Wufan said.

Tears of frustration were already forming on Luhan’s eyes. “Just let me keep him. I promise I’ll take care of him. Please, hyung.”

“Luhan—“ Wufan sighed before Sehun interrupted.

“President, if I might make a suggestion?” Sehun said from the sidelines.

“What is it, Sehun?” Wufan asked.

“Maybe my team and I could help with the young master’s situation.” Sehun said, treading carefully in his words. “Since we’re always with him, we could guide him in taking care of the puppy.”

Wufan paused for a little while and Luhan looked at Sehun with hopeful eyes.

“Are you sure?” Wufan asked.

“Absolutely.” Sehun turned to his team. “We can do it, right?”

“I’m a dog person!” Jongdae nodded.

“Dogs rule!” Baekhyun smiles.

“I love pups!” Chanyeol cheered.

“Very well.” Wufan surrendered. “Luhan, you could keep the puppy.”

“Yay!!” Luhan cheered gleefully, and the puppy, sensing Luhan’s happiness wagged his tail. “Thanks hyung!”

 

When Luhan and the members of Sehun’s team exited the office, Wufan asked Sehun all of a sudden.

“Sehun, I hope my brother’s not being such a problem?”

“No, President.” Sehun replied. “We can manage.”

“Okay.” Wufan answered. “And there’s nothing keeping you for doing your job well?

“No.”

“Are you sure?” Wufan asked. “Because I want you to be 100% when it comes to taking care of him. I don’t want any distractions that could keep you from doing your job. Are we clear?”

“Yes, President.”

 

Sehun was just setting his alarm clock on his bedside table when he heard someone knocking on his door. It came as a surprise when he found Luhan standing outside his room with the little puppy in his arms.

“Oh Sehun, thanks for earlier.” Luhan says without looking at him.

Sehun shrugged. “It’s nothing. Go to sleep, Young Master.”

“He wants to thank you too.” Luhan held the dog in front of Sehun’s face.

“You’re welcome, little pup.” Sehun patted the puppy’s head. “Have you fed him yet? He looks hungry.”

“Umm…?” Luhan looked uncertain. “I gave him a bath earlier, but I don’t know where to get any food, since I’m you know… banned from the kitchen.”

Sehun sighed before going out of his room. “Come on, I think there’s some dog food in the headquarters for the bomb sniffing dogs. Maybe we could get some.”

 

“You’re really hungry aren’t you?” Luhan pats the puppy’s head as they fed him. There wasn’t anyone around in the storage room at this time, and the surrounding is very quiet.

“Have you given him a name yet?” Sehun asked. He and Luhan were sitting together as the little pup eats his heart out.

“Hmm, still thinking…” Luhan answered.

All of a sudden, the little pup jumped into Sehun’s arms. Wagging his tail happily, he his nose.

“He really likes you too!” Luhan exclaimed.

“What?” Sehun held the dog as it continued wagging his tail. The little pup managed to Sehun’s nose once more, which made him chuckle.

“I said… Wait.” Luhan’s eyes widened. “You laughed! You’re smiling! Oh Sehun is smiling!”

“I am?” Sehun suddenly said consciously. “Oh, big deal. I’m a person you know.”

“Right….” Luhan shrugged. “I’m starting to think you’re a prototype robot that my brother developed.”

Sehun snorted.

 

“I know what to call him now.” Luhan nodded his head as Sehun brought him back to his room.

“What?”

“Hunnie.” Luhan says. “I’ll call him Hunnie.”

“That’s a weird name for a dog.” Sehun commented.

“Whatever.” Luhan answered sticking his tongue out. “You like it right, Hunnie?” The little puppy barked happily. “See? He likes it.”

“Fine.” Sehun shrugged. “I’ll be going back to my room.

“Okay,” Luhan said. “Thank you so much, Oh Sehun. I mean it.”

“You’re welcome.” Sehun answered.

But before he could go away, Luhan called after him. “Oh Sehun!”

“What is it?”

“You should smile more often. You look good when you smile.” Luhan said the words so quickly before he ran into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Sehun almost did not catch the words, but there is a small smile on his face when he went to sleep that night.

 


 

That's it for Chapter Two! I'm so sorry I've only updated now after so many months. Believe me, I feel so sad disappearing like this. It's just I'm currently working on my undergraduate thesis at the moment, and well... acads is the number 1 priority right? I really missed writing, and I hope you liked this update

So anyway, how are you guys?

I hope I'll have the time to update more in the future. Tonight is just one of those RARE occasions where I get a free time to do other stuff.

BTW, I planned to not limit this story into 5 chapters only. I realized that it's too short. >,<

 

As always, thanks for reading and thanks for the support!

Jaa~