Chapter Three

My Stubborn Little Prince and I

It was five minutes before midnight, and Sehun found himself staring at the heaps and heaps of clothes dumped on his bed for almost an hour now. Swallowing the uncomfortable lump in his throat, he could not help but think about all of his experience working as a bodyguard the past few years. Yes, there had been some life threatening events that tested his skills before, but he knows that it comes with the job. He was protecting the owner of the largest company in the country after all.

 

 

However… Sehun took another gulp. His next mission would be the hardest one yet.

 

 

Life in the mansion for the past month had taken quite a turn. Since Sehun and his team were able to help convince the President to let the Young Master keep a puppy in the house, Luhan has become more tolerant of his extra security, and in fact has become friendlier. As for Sehun, he is just relieved that no one is getting thrown at the pool anymore.

The first week was the hardest one. Since Sehun promised that they would help Luhan with the training of his new pet, it did not come as a surprise when the whole household was woken up in the wee hours of the morning with screams coming from the Young Master’s room. Sehun was the first one in the scene given that he was already awake for his morning training. Once inside the room, he found the Young Master freaking out with Hunnie the puppy running around with his bed sheets and mattress flipped haphazardly. At the same time, water was starting to overflow from the bathroom and Sehun had to rush in and turn off the sink before the room turns into a water park. It was only later when Luhan calmed down that they found out the cause of the sudden chaos: Hunnie is not “potty-trained”. It was safe to say that the morning training that Sehun had planned for his team had gone down the drain.

That was why, the whole month passed with Sehun along with the members of his team helping Luhan properly train his new pet. For some reason, Sehun had admired Luhan’s tenacity. Aside from that catastrophic night, they did not hear another peep from the Young Master. He was determined to prove to his brother that he can keep his promise, and he always listened whenever they provide him tips about taking care of Hunnie.

It also seemed like Hunnie had taken a liking with Sehun as well. There had been some instances when he would find the little puppy trailing him around the mansion, especially at night. Luhan was at first jealous of the attention, but there was an unofficial pact that was made between the two of them, and he allowed Hunnie to sleep at Sehun’s room from time to time. (Sehun adored the little puppy as well, but he would never admit it to anyone ever.)

 

 

But taking care of a little puppy is easy… and fun, if it was in Sehun’s vocabulary. But the real challenge is just coming, and it manifested itself the other week when Sehun and the other three were called in to the President’s office to inform them that the new school term at the university will be starting soon. That could only mean that Sehun has to devise a plan to protect the Young Master in the university without being a nuisance.

However, the President apparently has another plan…

“Luhan told me that he doesn’t want to have a team of security following him around the university.” Sehun was about to interject when Wufan continued. “And I agree with him.”

Sehun could only blink for a couple of seconds, hardly daring to believe that he heard the right thing. “What is your plan, President?”

Wufan smiled knowingly. “That’s it really. He won’t have any security team.”

“So, we’re just staying put here?” Sehun asked a bit confused. He knew that the President is up to something.

“No, no, no…” Wufan waved a finger at them. “You’ll still be with him, but you’re not gonna be his security… technically.”

Suddenly, things started falling into place in Sehun’s mind. “You don’t mean…?”

“Undercover!!!” Chanyeol suddenly burst out excitedly, and Sehun had to glare at him to keep his mouth shut.

Wufan nodded with a smile. “Well, I don’t want you guys to think that it was just an undercover job. You’ll be going as Luhan’s friends, and at the same time, you’ll be learning! I’ve already talked with the university’s administration, and settled things with them, since the owner was a close family friend. But remember, Luhan’s well-being is still the first priority.”

“What about Hunnie, President?” Baekhyun asked all of a sudden.

“I’ll take care of him.”

The four bodyguards stared at the President, hardly daring to imagine the President taking care of the little puppy. Sehun cleared his throat. “Does the Young Master know about this?”

“Yes,” Wufan nodded. “In fact, he’s waiting for you downstairs to take you out shopping for *ahem* appropriate university clothes.”

 

 

Sehun’s thoughts were interrupted with a sudden knockings on his door. He was quite surprised when he found the young master standing outside his bedroom.

“Yah, Oh Sehun,” Luhan said with a small frown. “Why are you still awake? It’s the first day of classes tomorrow.”

A puzzled glare crossed Sehun’s face as he tried to comprehend the other’s logic. He decided to just let it go. “Is there anything you need, Young Master?”

“Oh, uhm, nothing,” Luhan replied. “I just want to give you this.” And he handed Sehun a plain blue ballpoint pen.

Sehun looked at the pen on his hand to the young master. This time he’s really confused.

Luhan crossed his arms and scoffed as he looked away. “I just noticed that you didn’t buy any pen when we went out shopping the other day. Don’t think anything weird. And seriously, Oh Sehun, it’s past midnight. Why are you still awake? You better not be late tomorrow or else, I’ll make you eat something that I cook!”

However, before Sehun could say anything, Luhan was already sprinting back to his room. With a sigh, Sehun went back to his room, highly doubting if he would be able to sleep.

 

 

“I have one rule, okay?” Luhan announced as they were on their way to the university. “All of you are not allowed to call me ‘Young Master’ at the university, okay? I don’t want anyone to know the truth.”

“But what are we supposed to call you, Young Master?” Jongdae asked, slightly jumpy since he was too excited to go back to school.

“Just call me, Luhan… whatever.” Luhan shrugged with a small smile.

Baekhyun gasped from his seat, dropping the container of hair wax he was applying on his hair a moment ago, spilling some of its contents to Chanyeol’s arms. The van was suddenly filled with Chanyeol’s screams “Eew, eew, eew, Baekhyun! That’s gross!”

“Omo, Young Master, we couldn’t possibly be informal with you!” Baekhyun still frozen in his spot and ignoring Chanyeol who started wiping his wax covered arm on the former’s hair.

“It’s fine.” Luhan snorted. “We’re supposed to be friends, right? Just don’t do anything that’s gonna blow your cover, and we’ll all be fine.”

“Does that mean we can call sunbae, ‘Sehun’?” Chanyeol whispered to the other two.

The three looked at Sehun who was sitting quietly, who was just staring outside the window, a corner of his mouth lifted as he turned to them, and seeing all of them shiver from his glare.

“But we’re older than him; would he call me, ‘Baekhyun-hyung’?” Baekhyun asked.

Jongdae snorted. “Even I don’t call you, hyung.”

“I think I’ll have a heart attack if sunbae calls me, ‘Chanyeol-hyung’.” Chanyeol sniggered in his seat.

“You’re dead if he hears you.” Jongdae hissed as Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s head.

“It’s okay, Jongdae-hyung, Baekhyun-hyung…” Sehun suddenly says without looking away from the window. “I won’t kill, Chanyeol-hyung.

The three froze on their seat with widened eyes as Luhan chuckled loudly before mumbling. “Oh, I think I need to call them “hyung” too!”

 

 

Their first period was Economics. Since Luhan was already in the third year standing, his classes are mostly his majors. Sehun had to admit. He was excited to return to school. He was always on the top of his class, however, after high school, he immediately went into bodyguard training just like his older brother.

There was a small commotion however, when they arrived in class. A small crowd gathered around the five of them and started whipping out their phones to get a snapshot. Some girls even began to squeal and scream. Sehun, whose attention was to protect Luhan, instinctively covered the latter with his arm. However, Luhan removed his arm with a smile.

“Stop it, Sehun-ah.” Luhan hissed in annoyance and stood up. Sehun-ah? “Hi everyone, my name is Luhan, and these are my friends, Sehun-ah, Baekhyun-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung and Jongdae-hyung. Please take care of us this semester.” A magnanimous smile drew on his face as he bowed graciously to everyone.

Sehun only stared at Luhan, who was smiling kindly to everyone who talked to him. Where did that come from? Did a spirit possess him or something?

The same situation followed them through lunch break. People gathered around their table as they ate. Meanwhile, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae started to have a contest as to which one of them would have the most phone number by the end of the day. Sehun was starting to get annoyed. He really hates crowd, and some girl was starting to make a space and sit between him and Luhan. What if something happens to the Young Master? What if he chokes on his croissant? Can this girl even perform Heimlich maneuver?

Sehun just want her to stop waving the freaking pamphlet in front of his face.

“Hi Sehun!” She greeted. “I’m Minhee! I really hope you and your friends could come to our party tonight! You’ll come right? Right??”

Sehun only stared at her. Yeah right.

“You’re really good-looking,” Minhee blurted out, suddenly fanning her face. “Oh, is that too straightforward?”

The pamphlet was suddenly snatched from Minhee’s hands. Luhan scanned the paper. “Of course, Minhee-yah. We’ll be there. Now, off you go!” And Luhan passed the paper back to her as she stood up and leave.

Sehun noticed a small frown on Luhan’s face. Maybe he’s getting agitated with the crowd. Finally… “Young Master, I think it’s better if we don’t go to the party tonight.” He whispered to the Luhan.

“God, Sehun-ah, you’re so dense,” Luhan hissed back. “Can’t you see that she likes you?”

Sehun stared at him. “What?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “And she obviously wants you to be at her party, or else she won’t be pushing herself between us.” Luhan shook his head. “Oh, is that too straightforward?” He said in a small voice mocking Minhee’s line earlier. “We’re so going to that party.” He rolled his eyes once more.

“Young Master, I don’t think…”

“What did I tell you about calling me ‘Young Master’?” Luhan hissed before drifting his attention to another person.

Luhan ignored Sehun the whole afternoon.

 

 

The party was in a full blast when they arrived at the sorority house. There was barely any room to move about and the music was pumping quite loudly. Jongdae rushed inside followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol to continue their little contest. Sehun shook his head. Those guys seemed like their forgetting their duty. He would have a little talk with them later. Luhan, on the other hand, started socializing with the familiar faces they encountered that morning (He’s still ignoring Sehun). But still, Sehun kept an eye on him. He does not have any plans of socializing with anyone (despite some people trying to start up a conversation with him) tonight, so might as well do his job 100% even though the Young Master was staying far away from him.

All of a sudden, Luhan disappeared from Sehun’s line of vision. He searched frantically for a couple of minutes through the ocean of people, when he saw Luhan heading to the poolside with a group of people.

When Sehun arrived outside, he saw Luhan playing Frisbee with the others. He noticed that the young master was swaying slightly. He must have drunk a bit too much already. The President would not like this. It’s time to go home now.

However, as Sehun was about to go fetch Luhan, a shrill voice filled his ears.

“Sehun!”

He almost jumped from his spot, turning his attention to his right side. And there she is; Minhee was running to his direction with two shot glasses in her hands.

“I’m glad you came, Sehun!”

Sehun was about to give her a polite greeting when another piercing shouts flooded his ears. Sehun knew that voice to well. Panic started crawling on his skin as his head snapped into Luhan’s direction.

“Sehun-ah!”

There, a huge guy, probably under the influence of pot, bumped into Luhan. As if in slow-motion, Sehun watches as Luhan tumbled down the scratchy, gravelly ground. His instincts getting the better of him, Sehun rushed to Luhan’s aid.

“Luhan!”

 

 

No one was talking on their way back home. Well, partly because Baekhyun and Chanyeol had way too much to drink (they are so dead) and were sleeping at the back of the car. Jongdae, on the other hand was still on a daze (Sehun found him making out with a sorority member at the upstairs bathroom. To make things worse, it was his first kiss.) Luhan meanwhile, was still not saying anything. Sehun noticed a bruise on his left elbow earlier, but when he attempted to get another look, Luhan snatched his arm away and stomped back to the car quietly.

When they arrived back to the estate, Luhan went straight to his room without saying anything, and Sehun was left to tend to his team. Jongdae, who, finally sobered up from his experience, managed to carry Baekhyun back to his room, and that left Chanyeol to Sehun’s care.

After making sure that Chanyeol was sleeping well on his bed, Sehun decided to go back to his room. However, his mind was still bothered by the bruise he saw on Luhan’s elbow earlier. That was why he opted to fetch the first aid kit from the guard’s headquarters and ran to Luhan’s room.

It took a few knocks before Luhan answered him, and when it registered to him that it was Sehun who was standing outside, he made a move to close the door. However, Sehun was too fast for him, and managed to push his way inside.

“Get out of my room, Oh Sehun.” Luhan warned, looking anywhere, but him.

“Show me your elbow.” Sehun made a move to reach for Luhan, but the latter flinched and recoiled from his touch. “I saw it earlier.”

“I already washed it.” Luhan answered in a small voice. “You can leave now.”

“But you have to clean it properly.” Sehun made another attempt. This time, he was able to hold the other’s arm, but Luhan jerked away.

“I’m fine.”

Sehun stared at Luhan. He must have been really mad at me. “Look, I’m sorry. I don’t know why you’re mad at me or why you’re ignoring me, but I’m sorry, okay? I’m really sorry if I made you feel bad about something. or if I did something wrong. I’m sorry. But please, Young Master.”

Luhan finally looked at him, and for a second, Sehun thought that he was about to cry. Suddenly, Luhan held up his left arm.

“Yah, Oh Sehun.” Luhan said with a small smile. “You better clean up my wounds well, or else!”

Sehun finally felt relieved.

 

 

“Where’s Hunnie?” Sehun was kneeling on one knee as Luhan sat on his bed. He was applying disinfectant to him.

“Oh,” Luhan suddenly giggled. “I was about to fetch him from hyung’s room earlier, but I saw the two of them sleeping already. I didn’t want to interrupt. They’re so cute! Here, I took a photo!” He then grabbed his phone and showed Sehun a photo of the President cuddling the little puppy.

President Wufan’s image: RUINED.

Luhan must have noticed the look of horror on Sehun’s face when he suddenly laughed aloud. This gesture unconsciously bringing a smile to Sehun. The two of them went into a comfortable silence then as Sehun continued to clean up the wound.

“Oh Sehun,” Luhan said after a while. “Are we friends?”

Sehun paused for a moment, asking himself the same question. “I don’t know.”

Luhan clicked his tongue. “What were you like when you were guarding my brother?”

Sehun shrugged, his eyes not taking away from what he was doing. “I don’t know how to describe it… I guess it seemed regular?”

“Must have been a boring life then.”

“Maybe.” Sehun replied.

“Can I call you, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked. “I think we should be friends.”

“Whatever you want, Young Master.” Sehun answered as he put gauze over the wound.

“Call me ‘Luhan’!” Luhan pouted.

“I can’t, Young Master.” Sehun says as he applied tape over the gauze. “The President would not approve.”

“But that’s unfair!” Luhan eyed him reproachfully.

“It’s okay, Young Master.” Sehun said as he put the final tape. “There, all cleaned up. You should go to sleep now. We’ll be early tomorrow, and I need to make sure that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are not throwing up all over the place back there. Good night, Young Master.” Sehun bowed before making his way out of the room.

“Wait, Sehun-ah!”

“What is it, Young Master?”

“Do you, uhm…” Luhan seemed to hesitate for a second. “Do you… Do you like, Minhee?”

“What?” Sehun was taken aback all of a sudden. “No, I don’t.”

“Oh, that’s okay then.” Luhan paused for a moment. “Do you have somebody that you… like?”

Sehun took a moment before answering. “Yes.”

“Who?”

“It’s a secret.” Sehun chuckled at Luhan’s wide eyes.

“What?!” Luhan demanded. “I thought we’re friends!”

“Good night, Young Master.” Sehun said as he sprinted to the door.

 

 

There was a smile on Sehun’s face as he woke up. It was starting to be a regular routine to him. He felt happy. He must have had a good dream that was why he decided to savor the feeling a bit more. His eyes remained closed. Besides, he woke up before his alarm clock. It must still be a bit early.

However, his groggy state was interrupted out of the blue when he felt a strange presence in front of his face. His first instinct was that somebody had managed to infiltrate his room. When Sehun opened his eyes, he was welcomed with round doe eyes, staring sleepily back at him.

This time, all his sleepiness was gone. A scream died down on his throat. Sehun’s eyes widened as he jerked to sit up on his bed, only to be pulled down by Luhan’s arms.

What the… Luhan’s arms wrapped around his waist. What… WHAT?

“Sehun-ah, it’s too early…” Luhan said sleepily, and Sehun was very aware that their faces are just inches apart.

Trying to calm himself down from this very peculiar situation, Sehun managed to produce a sentence, “What are you doing here, Young Master?!”

Luhan’s eyes suddenly opened and blinked repeatedly, meeting Sehun’s freaked out expression.

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah, I don’t care if you already like somebody else. I like you, and we’re gonna get married someday.”

 

 


 

 

Hi everyone! Happy 2014!! I'm sorry I just updated now! Happy New Year!

Thanks so much to the sudden burst of subs! Hello to you, subbies!!! I was really shocked when I saw the number of subbies! Ah, i love you guys! ^^

I really hope you liked this update! Talk to me anytime! Follow me on twitter OR on tumblr!

Love, love, love!!! Have a blessed 2014!!

 

Now I'm off to see some fireworks!