Chapter Four

My Stubborn Little Prince and I

Droplets of water followed Sehun as he exited the shower. After putting on some clothes, he then proceeded to set up his alarm clock for the next day. Tomorrow…. Sehun unconsciously glanced at the view outside, staring at the darkness of the night. Tomorrow is a special day. It is the only day of the year that Sehun requests for a day off, and President Wufan understood. In fact, countless times, the President insisted that he take a leave every once in a while, but Sehun refused them all. This is the only day that he needed, he explained every time.

He was about to climb on his bed, when a sudden sound coming from his door interrupted him. Warily, Sehun watched as the lock of the knob turned ever so slowly. However, it was useless since Sehun had recently installed a bolt lock in his door. Next thing he knew, a whimper was heard from the other side of the door followed by a sound of struggle on the door knob. After a minute or so, soft knockings was heard from the wooden door.

Sehun, sighing heavily, moved to the door and asked, “Who is it?” As if he doesn’t know who it is.

A squeak was heard from outside followed by a “very” “deep” voice, “Uhh… I-it’s me, sunbaenim.” Sehun shook his head. “I-it’s Chanyeol. I-ahh… I need to ask you something for tomorrow. Yeah, uhh. I need to speak to you, sunbae.”

Sighing once more before answering, “Go back to your room, Young Master.”

“B-but… I’m not Luha- I- I mean Young Master.” Luhan answered. His voice, an octave lower than the previous one. “It’s really Chanyeol, sunbae!” A sudden faint bark was heard from the other side, followed by a ‘shh… Hunnie! Shh!’

“Good night, Young Master.” Sehun said as he made his way back to his bed.

“Okay! Okay! I give up!” Luhan’s voice finally returned to normal. “Sehun-ah… Sehun-ah! Open the door! Let me sleep with you tonight? Please?” b

Shaking his head, Sehun chose to ignore him.

“Yah!” Luhan’s voice became more urgent. “Sehun-ah! If you don’t let me in, I… I’ll shout!”

Sehun froze from his position. He knew how persistent Luhan can be, and it is not good if he started shouting his head off for the whole estate to hear.. His body and mind suddenly turned to alert mode all of a sudden.

“SEHUN-AH!!!” Sehun rushed to the door, however the bolt that he installed was jammed. SEHUN STOLE MY FIRST KISS! SEHUN’S REALLY, REALLY HANDSOME AND COOL. I REALLY LIKE SEHUN-AH!! SOMEDAY I’M GONNA MA—”

The door finally opened, and he was welcomed by Luhan’s mouth opened wide, his words suddenly cut off. There was a triumphant look on his face when he finally saw Sehun.

“Sehun-ah!” Luhan was about to jump in his arms, when Sehun suddenly covered his mouth with his palm, and after a few moments, the bodyguard lifted him from the ground and swung him on his shoulders.

It was so fast that before Luhan could realize what was happening, they were already heading towards his room, and his arms swinging back and forth uselessly. They were followed by a very excited Hunnie, who was barking oh-so-happily.

“Yah!” Luhan protested. “Put me down! I don’t want to go back to my room! Hunnie and I want to sleep at your room, Sehun-ah!”

Sehun sighed, but continued walking. “Young Master, no. It’s inappropriate.”

“Says who?” Luhan pouted.

“The president would not like it.” Sehun explained.

Luhan scoffed. “Well, what does he care? I’m gonna marry you, so put me down!” He then proceeded to place some weak punch to Sehun’s back, when he suddenly gasped.

Sehun stopped walking. “What is it, Young Master?”

“Whoa, Sehun-ah, your back’s really firm!” Luhan said in delight. “It’s really muscular! Pooh…. You must exercise a lot!”

Sehun sighed and continued on his way, ignoring Luhan’s comments all throughout.

 

 

When they arrived at Luhan’s room, the Young Master was looking at him reproachfully coupled with a pout on his face.

“Good night, Young Master.” Sehun says before crouching down to give Hunnie a pat on the head. “Good night, Hunnie.”

“Sehun-ah, are you mad at me?” Luhan asked when Sehun was about to leave.

Sehun shook his head, which put a smile on Luhan’s face.

“Good!” Luhan picked up Hunnie before opening his door. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sehun-ah!”

“Oh, I won’t be back till the day after.” Sehun answered. “It’s my day-off tomorrow. It’s just the trio who’s gonna be with you tomorrow, Young Master. I guess I’ll see you on Sunday.”

Luhan froze from his spot. “What? You’ll be gone for a day? Where are you going, Sehun-ah?”

“You don’t need to know, Young Master.” Sehun replied.

Luhan looked crestfallen. “Are you going to meet the person you like?”

“What?” Sehun’s eyes widened. “No.”

“Hmph,” Luhan eyebrows furrowed. “Sehun-ah, you’re a meanie!!” He then went inside his room with a slam of the door.

Sehun stood there for a few moments in shock. He was just about to head off to his room, when he heard a soft voice from the other side of the door.

“I’m gonna fight for you, Sehun-ah.”

 

 

Sehun was still in a daze when he was heading his room. He was so distracted that he almost did not notice Baekhyun bumping into him.

“Sunbae!” Baekhyun bowed when he stood up.

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” Sehun asked.

“Yes, sunbae!” Baekhyun answered with a salute.

“Why are you still awake?” The both of them are heading toward the bodyguards quarters.

“I just finished my rounds, sunbae.” Baekhyun explained. “Chanyeol and Jongdae are sleeping now, I think.”

“Good.” Sehun nodded. “You guys will be fine tomorrow?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun answered. “We won’t let you down, sunbae!!”

After a few moments, Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Sunbae, Young Master really likes you, doesn’t he?”

Sehun turned his head to the other so fast, Baekhyun recoiled a little.

“I’m sorry, sunbae! I didn’t mean to gossip or anything.”

Sehun snorted and shrugged. “It’s fine. It’s not as if he’s keeping it a secret or anything.”

“Is it okay with the President?” Baekhyun asked in a hush. “Sunbae?”

“As long as I don’t have to do anything that could compromise my job as his bodyguard, it’s fine.” Sehun answered with another shrug.

“What would happen if ever?”

“That’s easy. He’s gonna fire me.”

 

 

After discussing a few more pointers with Baekhyun, Sehun then proceeded to his room with a wave of good bye to the other. As he laid down on his bed that night, his talk with Baekhyun ran along his mind along with the events of the past week. Sure, the whole estate knows that the Young Master has affections to his head bodyguard. Hell, even President Wufan knows about it. But the main reason that he stayed quiet about it was that the President knows that he could trust Sehun more than anyone else. He knows that Sehun would not do anything to harm Luhan.

Same is true at the university. Luhan always stuck with Sehun anywhere, and he was sure to make a point. Once, when the five of them were eating lunch at the cafeteria, Minhee, the girl from the party, was making her way to them. Luhan then proceeded to have a stomach ache, and he finally stopped pretending when Sehun was carrying him to the infirmary; when he was sure that they were far away from Minhee.

The other three knows about it too, naturally. They were even teasing Sehun now, and even though Sehun punished them with fifty laps on the field, they did not stop. Sehun just gave up. They were being too close to comfort this days, but for some reason, Sehun was having fun as well.

Maybe he just needed a break.

 

 

It was safe to say that he hardly get any sleep that night.

 

 

The next day, at six o’clock sharp, Sehun was already sitting at the train on the way back to his hometown. He could not help but feel somehow excited. It has been a year since he went back. It would just be an hour long ride, but he was already feeling like it was forever. He decided to go to the restroom to calm his nerves. On his way back to his seat, Sehun paused for a moment, and flicked his head toward his back. After shrugging his shoulders, he proceeded back on his way with a long sigh.

The moment he stepped back down on the platform, a familiar smiling face welcomed him. Sehun could not help but smile at the person he missed so much the past year. With his step getting faster by the second and his smile widening some more, he then proceeded to throw his arms at the other and gave him a hug.

“Yixing-hyung!” Sehun’s arms tightened around him.

“Whoa there, Sehun-ah!” Yixing patted his head. “How is my little brother?”

“I’m fine, hyung.” Sehun answered. He took a few moments before letting the other go. “How are things here, hyung?”

“Fine, fine as always.” Yixing replied. “How is the city?”

“Fast-paced as usual.” Sehun answered.

“I heard you have a new assignment.” Yixing asked.

“Yes,” Sehun nodded. “It’s the President’s younger brother. I work with a team now. How did you know about that?”

“Well, you know.” Yixing shrugged. “Word travels fast. How is it working with a team? Are you being a good leader?”

“Oh course I am.” Sehun answered.

“I just can’t imagine you treating people so well, Sehun-ah” Yixing hitting his head playfully.

“Hyung!”

“Shall we go now?” Yixing said with a chuckle. “Mom and Dad are waiting for us.”

Sehun nodded with a solemn smile on his face. He looked back over his shoulders for a few seconds before following his older brother outside the train station.

 

 

The sun lit as brightly as they made their way through the slightly moist pathway. Sehun assumed that it rained the previous night. The heat was burning on their backs when they reached their destination. Sehun crouched as he placed a bouquet of flowers in front of their parents’ tombstone, while Yixing lit up some incense. They stayed quiet for a few minutes as they prayed.

“Good morning, mom. Good morning, dad.” Yixing said. “Sehun-ah arrived this morning. He’s here now, can you tell?”

“Good morning, mom, dad.” Sehun said.

“Sehun got assigned to a new job.” Yixing continued. “He’s taking care of President Wufan’s younger brother now. He has a team now, can you believe it? Our little Sehunnie knows how to talk to other people now!”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “His name is Luhan, he’s the same age as me. He’s really noisy and stubborn, but he’s really funny and kind hearted. You would’ve liked him right away. I have three people in my team, the very tall one is Chanyeol, then there’s Baekhyun who has a lifetime supply of eyeliner and there’s Jongdae who’s slightly awkward and thin, but he’s a wrestling champion.” Sehun paused with a smile on his face. “Anyway, Mom, Dad. I’m really sorry I don’t visit quite often, but I just want you guys to know that we’re okay. You guys don’t need to worry about Hyung and me, especially you, Mom. I know how you like to take care of us so much.”

“Yeah,” Yixing nodded. “We’re both eating healthy and Sehunnie’s eating two cups of rice now because he’s still thin as a stick. Oh, and I’m still not eating veggies, but I eat apple every now and then so I’m okay I guess?”

Sehun chuckled. “But what Hyung and I just wanted to tell you is that we’re doing fine. We take care of each other, and we’ll be okay no matter what happens.”

“We just miss you two so much.” Yixing said after a few moments of silence.

“Yeah, really, really much.” Sehun said. “But we both know that you guys are happy wherever you are.”

They stayed silent for the next hour, just enjoying the tranquillity of the place. Sehun’s thoughts drifted as the cool wind blows. It’s been five years already, but it feels like it happened just yesterday. God, he missed them so much.

“Anyway,” Yixing said wiping his hand on his coat. “We’ll see you guys soon, okay? Bye mom, bye dad.”

“Bye guys.” Sehun said, but he did not move from his spot. He felt his brother put an arm on his shoulders. “I miss you. See you soon.”

“Let’s go home, Sehun-ah.” Yixing said, but Sehun did not budge.

“Just another minute, hyung?” Sehun asked.

“Okay.”

 

 

All of a sudden, there was a slight rustling from the cluster of bushes a couple of yards behind them, followed by a slight whisperings and an abrupt hushing sound. Sehun felt Yixing’s arm tensed.

“Okay,” Yixing said in a whisper. “There’s someone following us?”

Sehun sighed. “I know.”

“Since when?” Yixing asked.

“Since I left the estate.” Sehun shook his head.

“Who?”

“You’ll see.” Sehun whispered then raised his voice. “You guys can come out now! I know you’re there!!”

 

 

All of a sudden an entangled Jongdae, Chanyeol and Baekhyun rolled on the ground all grunting with a mixture of profanities. Sehun, however, did not miss the tiny squeak and the retreating hand from behind the bushes.

“Ouch!” Jongdae whined. “Chanyeol! Your binoculars are crushing my back!”

“Don’t blame me!” Chanyeol answered. “Baekhyun! Your is on my face! Get off!”

“I’m trying!” Baekhyun struggled. “Young Master was the one who pushed me! Jongdae! Get your foot out of my face. Eww! It stinks!”

“What! It does not! Chanyeol! The binoculars! Ow!”

“I can’t get up!”

“Stop pushing me, Jongdae!”

Sehun shook his head and buried his face in his hand. Meanwhile, Yixing was laughing his head off.

“You have a very interesting team.” Yixing said as he proceeded to help the three get up.

Meanwhile, Sehun decided to confront the person remaining behind the bushes. When he saw Luhan (The mastermind for this little fiasco, he was 101% sure.), he tried to run away, but Sehun was too fast for him. Soon, Luhan along with the other three were standing in front of Sehun and Yixing, all wearing the same guilty expression on their faces. (Yixing was still barely containing his laughter behind his hand.)

 

 

“It was the Young Master’s idea!” Jongdae squeaked which earned him a nudge from Luhan’s elbow.

“Jongdae-hyung, you tattletale!!” Luhan hissed from under his breath. “No chocolate for you!”

“I know.” Sehun answered. His voice was so cold that he could hear Chanyeol gulped.

“Sehun-ah!” Luhan pleaded. “We didn’t mean to spy on you! We’re just worried about you! Besides, I’m worried that you’re going to meet the person that you like.” He then turned and glared at Yixing. “Is this him, Sehun-ah?! Is he my rival for your heart?!”

“What?” Yixing looked at Sehun with an amused and teasing look on his face.

“Sehun is going to be my husband!” Luhan declared to Yixing. “You should give up now!”

“Young Master…” Sehun tried to interrupt.

“I’m going to fight for Sehun’s love till the end!”

“He’s my brother, Young Master.”

“Y-your what? O-oh…!” Luhan gasped. “Oh my God! I’m so sorry! Sorry for shouting at you, brother-in-law!”

Yixing laughed so hard, he was clutching his stomach. “That was fun! You’re a funny guy! I’m Yixing, by the way. Sehun’s older brother.”

Luhan and the other three bowed to Yixing.

“Yixing-hyung!” Luhan chirped. “I’m so sorry!”

Yixing waved his hand. “It’s okay. Sorry for taking Sehun away from you today! It’s our parents’ death anniversary. That’s why.”

“Oh no!” Luhan covered his mouth. “I’m sorry. We didn’t know.” He then proceeded to kneel in front of the tombstones to pray. The other three followed him while Yixing and Sehun watched them.

“I’m so sorry, hyung.” Sehun apologized. “I didn’t know they’re gonna make a commotion this much.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Yixing shook his head with a smile. “And you’re right by the way. Mom and Dad would’ve liked him right away.”

“I know.”

“Oh,” Yixing said with a chuckle. “I didn’t know someone’s fighting for your love already, Sehun-ah.”

“Stop it, Hyung!”

Meanwhile, Luhan, who apparently finished praying bowed down in front of Sehun’s parents.

“It’s nice to meet you, Sir, Ma’am.” Luhan said in a polite voice. “My name is Luhan. I’m going to be your son-in-law. I’m really sorry for disrespecting you today. Sorry too, if I shouted at Yixing-hyung and following Sehun-ah around. I’m really sorry. I wish you peace. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of your son, Sehun always. Thank you for welcoming me in your family.”

Yixing’s mouth was hanging wide open. “Wow.”

Sehun sighed. “Yeah, wow.”

 

 

Sehun was still glaring at the others as they all sat on the dining table. They were waiting for Yixing (and his assistant Luhan, God help them all) to finish cooking their lunch. Since Yixing did not expect that many visitors that day, they stopped by to purchase ingredients for hot pot. It became more tiring since it was Luhan’s first time to go to a supermarket and he ran around like a little kid. It took them a couple of hours before they finally headed home with their stomachs grumbling.

“I’m so sorry, sunbae.” Chanyeol apologized for the nth time. “We’re not gonna do it again, we promise!”

“Yes, please, sunbae!” Jongdae begged. “We’re gonna run a hundred, no— a thousand laps for you to forgive us!”

“Sunbae, please don’t be mad at us!” Baekhyun added.

Sehun shook his head and sighed. “That’s not the issue here. You brought the Young Master here. Does the President even know where you guys are?”

“We told him there’s a university event.” Baekhyun admitted.

Sehun frowned. “But what if there something wrong happens? What if something happens to the Young Master? You need to make sure of your priorities all the time. Am I clear? This thing could never happen again in the future, okay?”

“Yes, sunbae.” The three chorused.

“By the way,” Sehun added. “Your subtlety skills are abysmal. I’ve known you’re following me since the start. We need to polish that as soon as possible.”

“Yes, sunbae.”

Sehun sighed as he looked at the guilty faces of the other three. “Now stop looking so defeated. I’m not mad at you, guys.”

A wave of relief enveloped the room. At the same time, the smell of hot pot invaded their nostrils.

“Sehun-ah.” Yixing said as he put the large bowl in the middle of the table. “Stop being so hard on them. They just care about you.”

“We do!” Luhan chirped as he served rice. “Yixing-hyung, is the rice okay?”

“Yes!” Yixing said as he sat.

Luhan cheered. “I’m gonna learn how to cook now without burning the kitchen! Now dig in!” He took his seat beside Sehun with a contented smile on his face.

 

 

After eating lunch, Sehun volunteered to clean up the dishes. Luhan wanted to help, but there was barely any space for two people at the sink, that the Young Master then proceeded to the living room with a slight pout on his face. After cleaning the last plate, Sehun found his brother serving tea to the others while telling them some stories from their childhood. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae are both laughing as they looked at a photo album.

“And then when we’re in middle school, Sehun punched this big bully, and the guy was knocked down. He was suspended for a week, but I think it’s cool. He was defen…” Yixing stopped his tale when he saw Sehun entering the living room.

“Hyung, stop ruining my reputation.” Sehun said as he sat beside his brother.

“What ruining? I’m actually telling them the good stuff!” Yixing laughed.

“Look Sehun-ah!” Luhan showed him what looked like a dozen of Sehun’s photos in his hand. “Yixing-hyung said I can take these back home! You’re so cute, Sehun-ah!”

Sehun cringed. The picture in the front was him running around on his briefs when he was four. “Kill me now.”

“Yixing-hyung, do you have a photo of Sehun-ah when he was a baby?”

“Oh,” Yixing looked sideways to a suddenly uncomfortable Sehun. “I’m sorry, Luhan. We don’t have that.”

“Why?” Luhan’s smile faltered a little when he saw the expression of the other two.

Yixing looked uncertain, but this time Sehun was the one who spoke up. “I’m adopted.”

“Oh,” Luhan stilled, and Sehun knew he felt sorry for asking too much. Even the other three stopped their laughing.

“It’s okay.” Sehun continued to lift the atmosphere. “It’s just a simple story. My real mother died when I was three, and it was her best friend, Yixing-hyung’s, no, our mom took me in. And that’s that. I don’t know where my real father is, but I didn’t need to know. I’m happy with my family. And I’m thankful for that I have Mom, Dad and Yixing-hyung.”

“Sehun-ah, you’re so greasy.” Yixing joked and Sehun felt relieved when the others laughed.

However, Luhan started sniffing. It was silent at first, but soon he was wailing. Sehun felt his brother’s elbow nudging him to comfort the Young Master.

Sehun awkwardly settled himself beside Luhan and patted his back. “It’s okay, Young Master. Don’t cry.” Sehun cleared his throat. “There, there.”

“There, there?” Chanyeol whispered and Jongdae hit his head.

“Shh, you guys,” Baekhyun hissed. “Something’s developing here. I don’t want to miss anything.”

Luhan meanwhile threw his arms around Sehun and clutched his shirt desperately. He tried to speak between his sniffs. “I’m so sorry, Sehun-ah. Sorry for being rude and annoying all the time. I don’t even consider your feelings, and just… I’m sorry, Sehun-ah. I’m so, so sorry…” And a new wave of tears came.

“Young Master…” Sehun was at a loss for words, and he just opted to Luhan’s back. “It’s okay, really. Stop crying please. You’re not rude or annoying. I’m okay.”

It just made Luhan clutch his shirt more.

 

 

At around quarter to seven that evening, Sehun and the others are back at the train station. Yixing insisted that they stayed the night, but Sehun explained that the Young Master needed to be back at the estate or else the President would be worried. The brothers left the others at the waiting area while they lined up to buy the ticket back home.

“He really cares about you, doesn’t he?” Yixing suddenly said.

Sehun shrugged, but answered. “I guess.”

“Just…” Yixing seemed to be finding the words to say. “Just don’t be careless, okay? You know how our job works. If you let too much of your feelings get in your way, you might be taken away from the person you care about the most in the whole world.”

Sehun looked at his brother, then across the station to where the others are waiting. He could see the Luhan talking animatedly and laughing at something that probably Chanyeol said. Though they were far apart, Sehun could see the twinkle in Luhan’s eyes, and he could hear the of happiness laughter in his voice. Somehow, the situation seems fitting.

“I know, hyung.”

 

 

“Goodbye, Yixing-hyung!” Chanyeol’s voice resounded from the crowd.

“Thank you so much!” Jongdae bowed.

“We hope to visit you soon!” Baekhyun said with a smile.

“Okay,” Yixing said with a smile. “Come back soon!”

“Hyung,” Luhan said with a smile. “I’m sorry again! And thank you so much! You could visit us soon if you like! And please teach me another recipe!”

“Okay, I will!” Yixing answered. “Take care of Sehun for me, okay?”

“I will!” Luhan said triumphantly as he headed inside the train with the others.

Sehun watched as the four raced to their seat. “I guess I’ll see you soon, hyung?”

Yixing smiled. “If we get another day-off I will visit you. Call me when you get home, okay?”

“Yeah.” Sehun hugged his brother. “I’m gonna miss you, hyung.”

“Me too.” Yixing said and pulled away. “Take care of yourself, okay? I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Somehow, Sehun sensed an underlying tone from his brother. “I will.”

“I’m serious.”

“I know.”

 

 

As Sehun made his way to his train seat. He saw Luhan looking at him expectantly, gesturing (not) subtlety at the window seat beside him. Sehun sat beside him and looked outside the window as the train started moving. He looked absentmindedly at the scenery as he settled his arms on the armrest. Although he was not physically tired, he closed his eyes and enjoyed the silence around him. A few minutes later, he felt a hand touching the back of his. Luhan very carefully and very slowly intertwined their fingers, and just stayed there. Even though Sehun was awake, he did not move nor did not do anything.

 

 

 

Maybe just for this moment, only for this next hour; before going back to reality…

 

              He could be a bit more selfish.

 

 


 

What the? An update? Heehee. I'm really sorry guys for not updating so often, it's really been a busy time for me! But no worries! Here it is!

Anyway! Hello, hello to new subbies! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

(And finally, an appearance of my bias! Hahahaha~)

As usual, see you guys soon (I REALLY HOPE)! Love the comments!  <3

Jaa~