Chapter Five

My Stubborn Little Prince and I

“Baekhyun-hyung, can you pass me the cream please?”

 

 

Baekhyun, whose cheeks are now stained with a mixture of chocolate, sprinkles, cream and other substances that Luhan is not that sure anymore, handed the pack of cream to the guy at his left without looking. He is too focused with his own bowl of chocolates. Meanwhile, Luhan who was mixing his own chocolate mixture, continued with his work. At Baekhyun’s right is Chanyeol, who was doing the same activity. Jongdae on the other hand was standing near the kitchen doors as a lookout in case at risk people such as the other staff, President Wufan or Sehun (Oh God, Luhan hopes not.) come in.

So why did the most unlikely people in the whole world are in the kitchen at the wee hours of the morning making homemade chocolates? Well, it started on a Saturday a week ago when Luhan came screeching in each of Baekhyun’s, Chanyeol’s and Jongdae’s bedrooms panicking that the 100th day that he met Sehun is nearing and he has not begun planning anything on that special day. After hours of trying to calm their freaked out Young Master, they finally devised an outline regarding the 100th day anniversary.

For the past week, Luhan along with his three bodyguards had decided to learn the art of making homemade chocolates. However, having access to the kitchen had been quite a challenge. Since Luhan has a lifetime ban on ever stepping foot within ten meters of the kitchen, they decided to practice making the chocolates while everyone in the estate sleeps. Nevertheless, Luhan kept a gold plated ladle in case the head chef catches them. Also, he promised a free spa break to the other three when all of this was done (Actually, he also promised a basket of his handmade chocolate to each of them, but the three have too much experience regarding Luhan’s cooking that they declined right away). Even so, Luhan is still forever grateful to them, since they sacrifice their rest and sleep to help him.

The recipe was sent to him by Sehun’s brother, Yixing. Luhan has formed some kind of bond with him, and he is always delighted for some new Sehun-information from his future brother-in-law. As expected, their first attempt was a disaster. The whole kitchen was a mess and the microwave almost exploded, and Luhan has zero idea why. He followed the recipe up to the most exact measurement, but for some odd reason, anything he touches turns into a complete pandemonium. It was only later that Chanyeol would discover a clueless Luhan turning up the heat to the highest setting, so that the chocolate would melt faster.

Eventually, the four of them had set up a more stable pace, and soon enough, disastrous events seem to come less and less frequently. Even when the three do a taste test of Luhan’s homemade chocolate, they do not seem to throw up anymore (The first time, they thought they needed to send Jongdae to the emergency room, because he suddenly fainted.) Despite these shortcomings, Luhan decided to never give up. He must not, and the other three admire him for it. Although even he would wince on his own creation, he took note of every mistake that he made. Everything should be perfect.

 

“Young Master’s chocolates are improving aren’t they?” Chanyeol comments as the three of them are putting their chocolate molds into the fridge.

“Of course, he’s doing it for sunbae,” Baekhyun smiles. “Aren’t you, Young Master?”

Luhan nods his head enthusiastically. His eyes are showing signs of lack of sleep. “Of course! I’m doing this for Sehun-ah, you know! And I’ll do it for him every time when we got married!!”

“But Young Master,” Baekhyun says whilst smirking as he sat on the counter top. “Say that you and sunbae get married, are you willing to do everything for him?”

“Of course!” Luhan said determinedly. “Everything!”

“Everything?” Baekhyun said teasingly. “What if he has demands… you know…”

Luhan’s expression faltered as he blinked curiously. “D-demands? What do you mean?”

Chanyeol snickered when he realized what Baekhyun was getting at. “Yeah, Young Master… Sehun-sunbae seems to not be pleased easily… Are you willing to do anything he asks?”

“What??” Luhan pouted. “I don’t get you guys!”

“Young Master,” Jongdae joined in. “Of course if ever you got married, you have to do “The Deed”… Are you ready to satisfy Sehun-sunbae?”

Luhan gasped. His face was burning up while the three laughed. “W-what? S-stop i-it!”

“Oh, but you’re married,” Chanyeol whistled. “You two, alone in the bedroom… It’s cold outside, and there’s Sehun-sunbae… You can feel his body heat emanating. You have to think about it sometimes, Young Master.”

Luhan covered his face. “You guys are gross! I don’t think about that!!”

“But you know,” Baekhyun said conversationally. “Sunbae seems to be a person who has weird preferences…”

“Yeah!” Jongdae agreed. “He looks like he’s into role playing!”

“Maybe whips?”

“Nah, that’s too cruel. Maybe some light kinks or something…”

“Yeah, maybe chocolate syrup on his abs to be perfectly thematic.”

“Stop it!” Luhan snapped he brought down his hands, and his cheeks are still tomato red. “Sehun-ah is a gentle person!”

The three laughed some more as they watched Luhan freaked out some more.

 

“Sehun-sunbae’s so lucky though…” Baekhyun sighs. “He has someone making chocolates for him. I’m so lonely…”

“Why?” Chanyeol asked. “I’m always giving you all the chocolate I make.”

“Yeah, but still that’s different.” Baekhyun shrugs. “I don’t have a special someone. Is it my gangster background?” He sighs again. “I wish I can make chocolate for a person I like too.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Maybe if you’re not that greedy with chocolate, you can give me some.” He muttered under his breath.

“What?” Baekhyun, who was not paying attention, turned to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed. “Nothing. I didn’t say anything.”

Luhan, who was watching the whole scene unfold before him giggles. “Baekhyun-hyung, you should share some of the chocolates you made to Chanyeol-hyung! He’s lonely!”

Chanyeol was about to react when Jongdae, who was still standing beside the kitchen door, beat him up to it.

“Hey, what about me? I make decent chocolates too!”

“Jongdae-hyung needs to share his chocolates too!” Luhan nodded eagerly as he smiled.

“Yeah, Jongdae,” Baekhyun snickered. “Maybe you should give yours to the President or something!”

“Why you—” Jongdae was about to chase Baekhyun when he suddenly gasped. “Oh no! This is bad! Sehun-sunbae’s coming!”

 

Everything became a blur after that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly jumped from their position and began cleaning up any signs of evidence of their activity, while Jongdae proceeded to lock the doors and proceeded to help the other too. Luhan meanwhile started running back and forth the kitchen while flailing his arms and screaming silently. After a while, Baekhyun started to instruct Jongdae and Chanyeol to distract Sehun, so that Luhan can have time to hide. The Young Master, who was still whirling around the kitchen, was asked by Baekhyun to hide inside the pantry, while they try to fix the situation.

 

 

 

Sehun started his day a bit earlier than usual. True, he wakes up earlier than the rest of the staff most days, but today he woke up even before his alarm clock. Oh well, he thought. He decided to check up with the night watch instead; maybe he could kill time there before he heads to training with the rest of his team. To be quite honest, Sehun had noted a dramatic improvement with the other three. They have finally improved their subtlety skills the past few weeks, and they have been more alert. However, what worries Sehun the past few days was the fact that his team seemed to be looking tired than usual. Sure, the training can be quite demanding, but Sehun makes sure that they followed the program faithfully. Maybe he should give them some time to rest; they are human after all.

Sehun shook his head as he proceeded on his way. He had been considering it for some time now; maybe he should plan a trip to the hot springs or something so as to give his team some rest and relaxation. Surely the President would allow them if it’s only for a weekend, and maybe the President would also allow the Young Master to join them. Sehun shook his head for the second time. Recently, his thoughts were always leading to the Young Master, and it’s not good. He remembers his brother’s warning the last time. This is not a good idea. Sehun remembers that instance at the train station as his Yixing-hyung tells him those words. He understands. Sehun remembers looking across the station to see a laughing Luhan with his eyes twinkling oh-so-brightly it makes Sehun smile a little— no. He’s thinking about the Young Master again.

Shaking his head for the third time, Sehun slapped his cheeks. Maybe he really needs some time to rest. After checking up on the night watch station, and making sure that everything is in order in the whole estate, Sehun decided to head to the kitchen. Maybe he needed some coffee to settle his already very distracted mind. After all, there is still some time before their daily training commences. Good thing it is a Saturday. They could have longer training period today, and besides, it would distract him in the meantime from his thoughts.

However that might not be the situation when he was walking toward the kitchen when he heard a crashing noise inside. His first thoughts jumped immediately to an intruder; someone who was not detected by the security. No, he thought, The Young Master is in danger! He was running down the hallway when Jongdae and Chanyeol burst out from the kitchen and greeted him cheerfully whilst pulling him away from the kitchen. Sehun has a confused expression on his face as two strong arms are buckled on each of his. It took some moments, before Sehun managed to compose his thoughts.

“What the hell?” Sehun managed to say as he was able to dislodge himself from the two. “What’s happening? Explain!”

“Sehun-sunbae!” Chanyeol greeted. “Good morning! We’re so pumped up for our training today!!”

“Yeah!” Jongdae stretched. “We’re just heading to the grounds! Let’s go, sunbae!

Sehun frowned as he decided to head to the kitchen once more. “I just heard a crash on the kitchen. What’s going on?!”

“Ah no! Sunbae!” Jongdae pulled him back. “T-that’s just…”

“That’s just Baekhyun, sunbae!” Chanyeol intercepted. “He was making us coffee and he dropped the pan… That clumsy person, really… Come on, sunbae!”

“Yes,” Jongdae laughed uncertainly. “Really, who uses a pan for coffee, right?!”

“I was just heading to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.” Sehun said as he started walking once more.

“NO!!!” The two shouted, which made Sehun’s eyes narrow into slits as he turned to glare at his team members.

“Are you hiding something from me?” He asked.

“No, sunbae!” Chanyeol straightened up as he smiled nervously. Sehun is not sure if it’s because of something he didn’t know or he’s just terrified. “I’ll just tell Baekhyun that you want one too!”

“Yes, sunbae.” Jongdae said as he pulled Sehun. “You’ve been telling us that we’ve been looking tired these days, so we decided to surprise you and train earlier! Let’s go, sunbae! Train us! We can’t wait to start!!”

Sehun is still suspicious as he let Jongdae and Chanyeol lead him to the training grounds. He was still glaring as he looked at the two with the relieved expression on their faces. However, he decided to let it go when half an hour later, Baekhyun arrived with four cups of coffee at the training ground.

 

Back in his room, Luhan sighed as he looks at the tray of the now finished home-made chocolate. He smiles widely as he chewed the heart shaped chocolate in his mouth. He then took note of his observation.

Maybe just a bit less of sugar and it’s perfect. Luhan fighting! J Sehun Sehun ♥ Sehun

 

 

 

 

“Sehunnie!”

A shrill voice was heard from the classroom doorway. Sehun heard Luhan groaning beside him. They all turned towards the direction toward the said voice, and sure enough, they watched as Minhee made her way towards Sehun and the others. Luhan started tapping rapidly on his phone, his pout evident that Chanyeol started to distance himself a bit from him, in case the Young Master suddenly throws his phone out of anger.

“Sehunnie!” Minhee smiles as he put a flier on Sehun’s desk. “It’s the school’s anniversary this Friday! You’ll come won’t you?! We have a booth and I’ll really appreciate it really, really much if you go! It’s gonna be fun! There are some games and free flowing drinks.”

Sehun looked at the others, and then stared at Minhee. “I’m sorry. I don’t think I’ll go. Thank you.”

“You don’t need to worry, Sehunnie!” Minhee insisted. “If you don’t think you know anyone there, you can stay with me all night!”

Luhan put down his phone with restrained anger. “I think Sehun-ah has some previous engagements already, right, Sehun-ah?”

Sehun could see a vein throbbing on Luhan’s forehead. He handed the flier back to Minhee. “Y-yeah. I’m sorry. I can’t go.”

“Besides,” Luhan sighs as he looked at Minhee. “Sehun-ah, doesn’t like you, by the way, so you should stop this. I’m getting secondhand embarrassment just by watching...”

“Young— I mean, Luhan-ah!” Jongdae reprimanded. “You shouldn’t say that…”

“I’m not done.” Luhan said coolly continued looking at Minhee. “And seriously, you should just focus your energy somewhere. Take a hobby. There’s a pottery class I think the university’s offering, so you can leave now.”

Minhee gaped at Luhan with an incredulous look on her face. She looked at Sehun for a few moments before leaving.

Luhan shrugged as he watches Minhee’s retreating figure. “Thank God she’s gone. She’s very rude.”

“Young Master,” Sehun said stiffly. “You’re the rude one. You should not speak to people like that.”

“Sunbae…” Baekhyun interrupted as the tension descended among the five of them.

Luhan looked at Sehun reproachfully. “I was just telling her the truth.” He picked up his phone and started playing once more.

However, Sehun was too fast for him and snatched the phone from Luhan. “That still doesn’t give you the right to be like that her.”

Luhan bit his lip as he looked anywhere, but Sehun. “Well, you’re still leading her on by doing that. It’s time for her to stop.”

“What if I told you those same things you said to her? How would you feel?” Sehun says which he regretted right away when he saw Luhan’s bottom lip trembling.

Luhan wiped his eyes with his arm as he willed himself not to cry. Meanwhile, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae sat quietly on their desks fully aware that the situation is not the moment to joke around.

“You know, Sehun-ah, you’re so straightforward and honest that it really hurts, yet you still can’t help but be nice. I know you’re not mine and I’m sorry for my attitude, but I’m not sorry for feeling very hurt when I see you look at her.”

 

 

 

 

“Hey guys! You’re a bit late today! I thought you’re not gonna come!”

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae looked at each other uncertainly as they entered the kitchen. The previous day, they were not sure if they should come at their daily chocolate making with the Young Master, since he and Sehun were not talking for the rest of the day; from the university, to their trip home, and until the Young Master went to his room. Even so, since waking up early became a routine for them, the three decided to the kitchen, and they were honestly surprised when the Young Master was already preparing their materials for that day. Although it did not escape their attention that the Young Master Luhan’s eyes are both red and puffy.

 

“Young Master,” Chanyeol said carefully. “If you’re not feeling well, maybe we should take a rain check? We can practice again tomorrow if you want.”

However, Luhan shook his head earnestly. “No, I’m okay…”

“It’s okay, Young Master.” Jongdae added. “You’re excused.”

“No!” Luhan said unwaveringly. “You guys, thank you for your concern, but I’m honestly okay. I’ve already cried see?” He pointed to his eyes. “Don’t worry too much about me, besides, 100th day is on Friday too, and we shouldn’t waste any more time if we’re going to the university’s anniversary too!”

“We’re going to the anniversary?” Chanyeol asked as the other two shrugged their shoulders.

“Yeah,” Luhan began to start mixing the ingredients. “I apologized to Minhee yesterday at lunch. I still don’t like her, but I did act stupid. And she invited us to come too. She specifically said that she would only forgive me if I bring Sehun-ah along.”

“Young Master…” Baekhyun trailed off as he looked worriedly to Luhan.

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan stared aimlessly at the bowl of chocolate mixture he was holding. “Sehun-ah is a really good person, and I know that he got angry with me, because I did something wrong. And I know that getting him to talk to me again will not be a simple task. That’s why I won’t give up this easily. I’m not going to give up my fight for Sehun-ah’s heart and I will win. You’ll see. I’m gonna win: fair and square. That’s why I cannot slack off now!”

The other three looked at each other and smiled. Energized with Luhan’s determination, they know that they cannot fail their Young Master Chanyeol and Jongdae grabbed each of their bowls while Baekhyun stood guard at the kitchen doors in case another instance like the other day occurs once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa.” Chanyeol has both of his thumbs up as they were doing the taste test once more.

“I agree. 101 percent.” Baekhyun nodded. “Whoa.”

“Not too sweet yet not so bitter.” Jongdae looking like he’s in deep thought. “Just a freaking-Goldilocks-moment. Perfect.”

Luhan, who was watching expectantly at the other three’s reaction, smiled in delight when he saw the positive result of his hard work.

“Really??” Luhan bounced on his feet as he holds the spatula tightly in his hands. “You’re not kidding?”

“Come on, Young Master,” Jongdae chuckled. “When did we ever kid you? Remember the first day when I fainted from your chocolate?”

Luhan cheered with his fist pumping in the air. “Yay! Do you think Sehun-ah will like it?”

“Yes, Young Master,” Baekhyun smiled.

“Do you think he’ll talk to me again, after this?” Luhan smiled sadly at the three.

“Of course he will, Young Master.” Jongdae encouraged him.

“Great!” Luhan said cheerily. “I plan on giving him a box of 100 chocolate hearts tonight after we return from the school anniversary. Do you think 100 chocolates are enough?”

“Of course, Young Master!” Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically.

It was Friday morning or what Luhan called “D-DAY”. The four of them are making their final run for the chocolate making. Luhan made a ton of chocolates, and each of them represents each day that he knew Sehun. He knew that he had to make extra effort for this, because it is a chance to make his way into Sehun’s heart. Luhan is very determined to have this plan succeed since the past few days, even though Sehun started talking to Luhan once more, all of them noticed that he kept his distance from the Young Master. It made Luhan sad at first, but it did make his spirit fire up even more.

 

 

 

“Hey, Sunbae,” Chanyeol asked as he and Sehun were left outside that night at the horror house while the Young Master along with Jongdae and Baekhyun went inside. “Are you still mad with the Young Master?”

Sehun turned to look at Chanyeol, who recoiled at the tiniest bit. “I’m not mad at him.” He said calmly.

Chanyeol sighed as he looked away seemingly knowing that Sehun would not going to say anything that is not work related to him. Amidst the noise coming from the horror house and the noise of the festival outside, Sehun reflected on the past week. He knew that he was keeping distance from the Young Master, and he did that on purpose. For the past few days, his thoughts would always stray around the Young Master and it frustrates him so much, he knew that the only way is to lessen the other’s presence from his daily routine. The incident with Minhee proved to be a way for him to execute his plan, although whenever he sees Luhan’s fallen expression every time causes some stirring in his stomach that kept him awake at night.

He must be going crazy.

“Oh! There they are!”

 Chanyeol waved his arms as he tried to catch the attention of Jongdae and Baekhyun (both looked pale white and sweating) who was emerging from the horror house. Meanwhile, Sehun’s heart skipped in fear as he noticed that Luhan is not with them.

“Man! It is scary in there!” Jongdae said breathlessly as they approached the other two.

“Don’t make me go in there again!” Baekhyun nodded. “Did you see the severed arm? It almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Where’s the Young Master?” Sehun asked, trying to convince himself to not panic yet. Maybe Luhan is still inside. Maybe he’s just slow or something like that. His palms getting sweaty by the second.

Baekhyun and Jongdae’s eyes both widened. “We thought that he’s already with you guys! He went in ahead of us!” Baekhyun explained as realization dawned upon his face.

 

If Chanyeol or Jongdae commented some more, it was lost on Sehun as he rushed towards the horror house and stormed inside. His pulse quickened as fear strikes him. No, he repeated in his mind. He’s okay. Luhan’s okay. He’s going to smile at Sehun and greet him cheerfully. Sehun nearly ripped the whole horror house down that he scared the customers rather than the ghost themselves. He thinks that he was being asked to leave by the administrator, but Sehun did not hear anything. The only thing that was in his mind at that moment is a small voice telling him (quite insultingly) that Luhan is not inside. He’s missing.

And the events of the past few days flashed mockingly before Sehun’s eyes as he ran pass the lines of booths and carnivals around the university grounds. He remembers how Luhan stubbornly tried to stop himself from crying beside him after Minhee left their desk. He recalls Luhan trying to subtlety sneak off their lunch table to go and apologize to Minhee. He can still hear Luhan talking to his dog, Hunnie, that Sehun does not like him anymore. He remembers seeing Luhan’s hurt expression on his face when Sehun answered a curt “yes”, when the Young Master asked to sit beside him inside the van. Sehun clearly remembers them all, and he despises himself from being the cause of Luhan’s pain.

 

“…If you let too much of your feelings get in your way, you might be taken away from the person you care about the most in the whole world.”

 

Sehun shook his head as he remembered his brother’s words at the train station. He tries. Damn it.  He does try his very best. He always tries to fight the thing that was stirring up inside of him whenever he sees Luhan. He knew that it’s going to be difficult, but he never realized it would hurt this much.

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah!”

 

 

 

And then, as if the whole universe was playing a humiliating joke on him, everything seemed to stop; the crowds and crowds of people walking pass him. The bright lights illuminating from the booths, the mixture of chatters and music… Everything disappeared, except the echoing voice that called out his name. Sehun turned around, mouth gaping as the wave of relief seems to flood over him. He watches as Luhan walks over to him as if in slow motion, an arm waving happily as he tried to catch Sehun’s attention. He was wearing that smile, the smile that seems to make Sehun feel like he missed a step every time. Sehun’s most favourite thing in the whole world.

 

Suddenly, the dam breaks. Everything that he felt inside seemingly rushed out. He gives up. He must have gone deliriously crazy at that moment already, but Sehun did not care anymore as he watched Luhan approached him one step at a time. Suddenly, he could not wait anymore. Sehun’s pace quickened as he took every step, and when he finally reached Luhan, he could not help him anymore.

 

“Yah!! Luhan!” Sehun tried to fight it, but his voice broke a little as he cried out. He could feel his eyes watering as the relief settled within him. “What did I tell you?! Didn’t I instruct you to never go anywhere without anyone with you?! What if you get kidnapped?! What if you get hurt?!! Huh?! What will I do if you’re taken away from me, huh?! How will you compensate the damage you’ve done?!”

Luhan’s eyes widened as he saw Sehun’s lost expression.

“B-but, Sehun-ah! I just bought these couple rings I saw earlier at the stall there! See?” He showed the tiny plastic bag that contains two identical rings. “I was going to go back at the horror house right away! I promise! I didn’t mean to—”

However, all of Luhan’s words were muffled when Sehun pulled him into his arms. Sehun securely tightened his hold on the other; afraid that if he loosened up a little, Luhan would disappear once again. He felt Luhan crumpling the front of his shirt as Sehun felt his shoulders getting wet by the second. It pained Sehun to hear Luhan weeping this much, but he knew it was his fault anyway. Luhan pulled back a couple of minutes later. His face, although stained with a mixture of tears and snot, was smiling up to Sehun, and then he was laughing; laughing as a fresh set of tears trailed down his cheeks.

“What?” Sehun asks as he pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket and tried to wipe Luhan’s tears.

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan said half-sobbing and half-laughing. “Welcome back!!”

 

 

 

It is safe to say that during the ride back home, Luhan clung into Sehun like a koala. He also forced Sehun to wear his own couple ring, because today he has a surprise for Sehun later. The other three finally relieved that everything is back to normal again, started to joke around once more, and although it made the whole van echo with the loud voices, it made Sehun smile a little.

When they arrived at the estate, Luhan took the chance to give Sehun a hug, before running to his room with a huge smile on his blushing face. Sehun and the other three (who are all smiling knowingly, because they know that the Young Master is heading to his room to get his 100th day present to Sehun.) were just about to return to the bodyguards’ quarters, when the President Wufan’s voice called them.

 

“I would like to see the four of you in my office.” Wufan said. “Now.”

 

 

 

“You came home later than usual today.” Wufan looked up at Sehun expectantly. The President’s voice sounded all to calm, but Sehun has too much experience working with the President that he knows better.

“I’m sorry, President. It was my…” Baekhyun tried to explain, but Sehun cut him off.

“It was my fault, President. “ Sehun said firmly. “I was careless and we lost the Young Master for a bit. It won’t happen at my watch again, President. I assure you.”

“You know, Sehun.” Wufan frowned a little. “You know the reason why I trusted you with my brother’s life, right? I trust you. All those years you’ve worked for me, I know that I can trust you with my life. You’re the only one that I know that can do this job exceedingly well.”

Wufan pauses, but Sehun remained unmoving.

“You know when Luhan was six,” Wufan continues. “He likes this bike. It was a typical bicycle, the kind that was commonly ridden by kids his age. Our parents didn’t want him to get hurt, so they decided to not buy him one. However, Luhan insisted. He excelled in studies, he got good in sports, in a way, and he did everything to prove to Father and Mother that he deserves the reward. Eventually, our parents gave in, and Luhan is the happiest. He never went anywhere without that bike, but just a couple months later, I discovered that bike inside the tool shed, getting old and rusty; forever forgotten.”

Wuhan sighs and Sehun pursed his lips. His jaw clenching slightly.

“And did you know how many majors did Luhan take before he was sent back here?” Wufan asked never expecting any answers. “Six. Every few months, he would change his mind as he gets a new interest… a new “calling”. It was a long list of photography, engineering, philosophy, and all that, but he exceeded the university’s requirement, and they had no choice, but to expel him. I don’t even know, maybe in a few months, or maybe weeks, he might be changing his major once more. Who knows how fast will Luhan change his mind?”

Wufan eyed Sehun, studying his blank expression.

“Do you know why I am telling you this, Sehun?” Wufan asked.

“Yes.” Sehun nodded curtly. “I get the message, President. Loud and clear.”

“It’s because I’m starting to hear some chatters within the estate.” Wufan clarifies. “Luhan is your boss; you are there to protect him. You’re simply his bodyguard and I trust that you won’t do anything that will disappoint me, right?”

“Yes, President.” Sehun replied. His throat going dry.

“I’m just also concerned with you, Sehun.” Wufan explains.

“I know.” Sehun said.

“You know what will happen when you do anything that will jeopardize Luhan’s life, right?” Wufan asked.

“Yes.” Sehun nodded.

“Good.” Wufan nods. “That is all.”

 

 

 

There is a tense silence as Sehun walked back to the guards’ headquarters with the other three. Somehow, he felt suffocated. All of them did, he assumes. Nobody spoke until they knew they are in the quarters once more.

“The President is quite scary, right?” Jongdae practically shivered.

“He’s a good person.” Sehun explained. “He’s just concerned with the younger brother. That’s why he was sending a warning.”

“I wonder why he needed the three of us in there.” Baekhyun asked. “He was only talking to you, sunbae.”

“He was making sure that you three know the situation in case I failed.” Sehun said. “He wants to be assured that he would not tolerate if one of us becomes a liability, but I guess he’s talking about me as a liability in particular.”

“But what about the Young Master?” Chanyeol asked.

“Listen,” Sehun stopped walking as he eyed the other three. “I don’t want the Young Master to know anything about our meeting with the President tonight. Am I clear?”

“Sunbae,” Chanyeol’s face was painted with worry. “What about Young Master? He was just getting cheerful again and then…”

“That is an order.” Sehun said firmly as the three nodded. He felt like he was detaching from his body listening to some robot. “I think the President did the right thing to wake us up. We’re not here to play games or to have fun. We’re working here. And we have to do everything to protect Young Master. That is our duty.”

“Yes, sunbae.”

 

As he walked back to his room, Sehun felt worse when he saw Luhan sitting against the wall of the hallway with his knees to his chest. He seemed to be dozing off peacefully, and out of impulse, Sehun leaned down to touch the stray group of hair that was covering his eyes slightly. There was a shiny pink bag beside him that Sehun nearly overlooked. He smiled fondly as he hears the steady breathing of Luhan, perfectly unaware of the situation.

“Sehun-sunbae, I forgot to give you the key of the van…” Baekhyun’s voice trailed off as Sehun stood up abruptly from his position. “Sunbae…”

Sehun clears his throat a little as he turned to face Baekhyun’s concerned expression.

“Baekhyun,” Sehun’s voice strained. “Please wake up the Young Master and bring him back to his room.”

“Sunbae,” Baekhyun bit his bottom lip. “I think the Young Master would prefer if you bring him back to his room.”

Sehun stared at the Baekhyun. “You heard the President earlier. Baekhyun this is an order.”

Baekhyun stared back at him with a hint of reproach in his expression. “Permission to speak to you a bit more informally and rudely, sunbae?”

“Okay.” Sehun replied.

“You can’t hide it, sunbae.” Baekhyun said angrily despite the hushed tone in his voice so as to not wake up Luhan. “I saw, no, we can all see how you look at him, sunbae. Damn it. I don’t care if the President thinks that Young Master will get tired of you easily. No.”

Sehun watches as Baekhyun marches over and grabbed the shiny pink bag of chocolates on the floor. He handed it over to a slightly surprised Sehun.

“The past couple of weeks,” Baekhyun continues. “Young Master tried so hard learning how to make chocolates, because today is the 100th day that the two of you met. Every early morning, he would wake up early and practice with us; so that he could finally give a decent present for you. I’ve never seen him worked that hard, even if he thought that you’re mad at him, he never gave up. He worked and worked and worked. I’m sorry, but not really, the President is wrong. Young Master’s feelings for you are sincere.”

There were a few moments of silence, before Baekhyun speaks again. “This is Byun Baekhyun, I’m done talking, Sehun-sunbae.” He saluted.

Sehun swallowed before he spoke once more. “I honestly don’t know what to do.”

“Sunbae, I know you’re in a difficult position.” Baekhyun sighed. “It’s just… Before you do anything rash or stupid, pardon my language sunbae; please think of Young Master’s feelings and yours too.”

Sehun blinked a few times.

“I’m going to bring Young Master back to his room.” Baekhyun said. “Just rest now, sunbae. Go inside before I wake Young Master up.”

 

Sehun quietly walked back inside his room. He rested his back against the door as he heard Baekhyun tried to wake the sleeping Luhan.

“Hmm? Baekhyun-hyung?” Sehun could hear the sleepiness in Luhan’s voice. “Where’s Sehun-ah? What… Oh no! Where are the chocolates?”

“Calm down, Young Master!” Sehun hears Baekhyun trying to sound as cheerful as possible. “Sehun-sunbae is not feeling well. I gave the bag of chocolates to him.”

“What? Sehun-ah’s sick?” Luhan’s voice was filled with worry. “You shouldn’t have given him the chocolates, hyung! We should cook him some soup or something! I think I have some medicine at my room. Wait…”

“No, Young Master.” Baekhyun continued to insist. “Sunbae already took a tablet tonight, so don’t worry. Besides, he looked really happy when he got the chocolates. I think he’s already feeling better!”

“Really?” Luhan sounded sad but hopeful. “I wish I had seen the look on his face. He must be smiling.”

“Yeah!” Baekhyun said. “That’s why we should let him sleep now, so that tomorrow, he’ll be 100% fine.”

Luhan hummed in agreement, and Sehun listens as the two proceeded to Luhan’s room… until the last hint of Luhan’s voice disappeared from the hallway.

 

 

 

If you let too much of your feelings get in your way, you might be taken away from the person you care about the most in the whole world.”

 

 

 

 

“Luhan is your boss; you are there to protect him. You’re simply his bodyguard…”

 

 

 

 

           “Young Master’s feelings for you are sincere.”

 

 

 

 

             “Sehun-ah, I don’t care if you already like somebody else. I like you and we’re gonna get married someday.”

 

 

 

The words swam in Sehun’s mind as he buried his face into his pillow that night. The bag of chocolate (almost half-empty) and the ring are both resting on his bedside table. Sehun sighs as an image of a smiling Luhan flooded his mind, and once again, He concluded that this is going to be another long sleepless night.

 

 

 

Sehun stared at the ceiling for the longest time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, Luhan. Why did I have to fall in love with you?”

 

 


 

Wooohooo! Hooray for another update!

 

Really, really sorry for not updating for a couple of months. Been busy with acads and all.

And can I just say: HEPPI TWO YEARS WITH EXO! WOW! We've come this dar guys! Confettis!!

And EXO comeback in a few days... SeLu's birthday. Woohoo to April!!

 

Thanks so much for reading this (quite long) chapter! We get a glimpse of Luhan's POV.

HELLO TO NEW SUBBIES AND OF COURSE, OLD SUBBIES.

Do comment, because you guys are love.

Till the next chapter!

hugs everyone of you.

Jaa~