Chapter One

My Stubborn Little Prince and I

Hello, hello to all of you! Posting Chapter One! Enjoy reading! :)

 


“…To all our honorable guests, dear friends, and everyone who made it a point to come to our little gathering tonight, I would like to say, Welcome!”

 

Everybody stood on their feet and applauded as the end of the President’s speech came to an end. At the age of twenty-seven, Wufan has taken the corporate world by storm when he suddenly took over their company. At such a young age, this feat has only been accomplished by a handful of people throughout the history. A man known for his eccentricity, he had managed to single-handedly shut up all his critics by making their company the number one in the whole country.

 

But enough about him… This story is not going to focus on our handsome President. Instead, let us turn our attention to the guy wearing a black suit standing a few steps behind the president.

 

Oh Sehun, twenty-two years old, has been working as President’s personal bodyguard for three years now. He has been handpicked by the President, since possessing the biggest potential among the trainees. He was the only one that the President trusts, and he would readily take a bullet just to fulfill his job. A man admired by his peers, Oh Sehun has always proved it himself countless times on the job.  Even to himself, Sehun is confident that he is irreplaceable.

 

Now, as the spotlight focuses on the President, Sehun scans the crowd. His expression is a complete contrast of the applauding crowd. His jaw clenched as he looks out for any possible attackers that may come in the way. He was always on a vigilant mode in case the President’s life was put into danger.

 

 

“You know, Sehun,” Wufan comments with a carefree attitude that only he could do. The two of them are sitting in the limo riding back to the estate. “You could loosen yourself a little during my parties. You’re so stiff all the time!”

“I’m just doing my job, President.” Sehun replied in all seriousness. This hasn’t been the first time that the President told him off about it.

Wufan shrugged and snorted. “You know, by that ready-to-kill aura you give off, any assailant of mine would back off right away.”

“That’s exactly the point, President.”

“I’m just saying,” Wufan patted his shoulders. “You could have fun sometimes.”

 

 

It was around one in the morning when Sehun had managed to go back to his quarters, it was in a separate building from the mansion, but it was not far enough for him to run to in case of emergency. Most of the company’s stay-in employees stay there, including the other bodyguards.

Before Sehun sleeps, he set his alarm clock at four in the morning. He was expected to do his rounds at five. Despite only having a few hours of sleep every day, he doesn’t mind it at all really. In fact, he preferred it that way. He doesn’t like being at rest anyway.

Like any other night, Sehun slept as soon as he closed his eyes. His mind as clear as ever. He was satisfied.

 

 

It was like any other day; Sehun had just finished his rounds around the mansion, and was on his way to the President’s office. There are two men in suits outside, who he assumed are personal guards like him. They looked like around his age, and Sehun sent them a rather polite nod of acknowledgement as he stepped inside the office.

“Oh, good, you’re here!” Wufan put down the paperwork he was reading.

Sehun bowed. “Good morning, President.”

“I have some news for you.” Wufan drummed his fingers on the mahogany table.

Sehun listened intently keeping a straight face.

Seeing the lack of reaction from the other, Wufan continued. “My little brother is coming home this weekend. He’s going to live here again, since he, well… got kicked out from his university.”

This piqued Sehun’s interest a little. All these times that he worked for the President, he had never met his younger brother. All he knows is that he was studying abroad with their parents. He had seen his pictures before, yes, but did not pay any special attention to it.

“I’m assigning you to be his personal bodyguard from now on.”

Sehun’s gaped at him. His usually sharp eyes widened a little. Is the President…? No.

“President,” Sehun said as a lump started forming on his throat. “Are you demoting me?”

Wufan waved his hands at him. “Demote? No! You’ve got it all wrong!”

“Then why the sudden change of assignment?” Sehun asked. He hates feeling the resentment in his heart.

“Sehun,” Wufan said with a small smile. “Don’t feel bad. In fact, this is a promotion if you think about it.’

Sehun only stared at him. His pride not allowing him to say anything else.

“I’ve assigned a team for you.” Wufan explains. “They’re the best. I’ve handpicked them myself.”

A team? Sehun felt indignant. All these times he had guarded the President, he had always worked alone. And now he’s assigned with a team? This is not working well for his ego.

“With all due respect, President.” Sehun hid the bitterness in his voice. “I think I’m capable guarding your brother on my own.”

Wufan smiled at him kindly. “I’m sure you can. However, my little brother can be quite a handful.

Sehun highly doubted it, but he didn’t say anymore. Everything that’s happening now has been too hard for him to swallow.

“Here are their files.” Wufan handed him three separate folders. “You can meet them now. You have until the weekend to get acquainted with them. After that, please take care of my brother well/”

Sehun nodded as a sign of acknowledgement. “The two guys outside… They’re my replacement.” It wasn’t a question.

Wufan nodded. If Sehun had to be fair, the President looked sympathetic to him even. He even shook his hand as a sign of his departure. Sehun his heels with a heavy heart, but he is a professional. He should act like it.

“Sehun,” Wufan called him out before he could step out of the office. “You’re the only person I would ever trust with this job. You’ll do well.”

 

The walk to the guards’ quarters has been the longest one in Sehun’s point of view. He was holding on to the folders quite tightly. The morning’s event was refusing to sink in on him. And now, he’s about to meet these strangers, and Sehun knows that he’s not the most sociable person ever. He might end up beating up these guys.

Pushing the door quite violently, Sehun stepped in the assigned quarters to find three guys scrambling on their feet as they assembled to line up, all of them in a salute. Sehun looked at them distastefully as he clenched his jaw. This is his team?

Sehun paced back and forth in front of them as he observed them from head to toe. He’s pretty sure that the three of them are all shaking. For the first time that day, Sehun smiled a little inside. Maybe he could have fun with these guys a little.

“You!” He snapped at the tallest one.

“Y-yes, sunbaenim!” The tall lanky one answered.

“Stop slacking off!” Sehun ordered. “Stand straight!”

Even the other two was not addressed; they both followed the first one.

“You!” He yelled at the second one as he pointed at him. “Are you stupid? Fix that tie!”

“Yes, sunbaenim! Sorry, sunbaenim!”

Sehun turned at the third one, who looked like he’s going to cry. “And you! You still have crumbs on your face!”

The last one yelped as he wiped his face. “Y-yes, s-sunbaenim!”

Sehun clicked his tongue as he opened their files. He matched their faces with the photo attached in it. He must admit it; these guys definitely have some of the best credentials yet. Sehun looked back at them, and the three started shaking once more. It was a bit hard to take these credentials seriously when these three are sweating buckets in his presence.

“Byun Baekhyun!”

“I’m Baekhyun, sunbaenim!” The small one, crumbs guy, piped. His pitch is a bit higher.

Sehun looked at him from head to toe, as he went over his file once more. “You’re a former motorcycle gang leader?”

“Yes, sir!”

Sehun frowned as he had a difficult time believing that this small being once led a notorious motorcycle gang. “Make sure you don’t slack off.”

“Yes, sunbaenim! Please take care of me well!”

Sehun opened the second file. “Kim Jongdae!”

Crooked-tie-guy jumped in surprise, “I’m Kim Jongdae, sir!”

“It says here in your file that you’re a wrestling champion?” Sehun frowned at him. Judging from his body type, he could be anything but a wrestling champion.

“Yes, sunbaenim!” Jongdae’s face was shining in sweat.

Sehun nodded curtly as he moved on the third one. “Park Chanyeol!”

The tallest guy attempted to step forward, but he tangled his foot on his other leg (who does that?), which caused him to fall on his face.

Sehun grimaced at this. Even Baekhyun and Jongdae facepalmed. He waited for the tall, lanky guy to stand up on his feet before talking to him once more.

“Park Chanyeol…” Sehun examined his profile. “According to this folder, you’re a certified black belter in more than ten kinds of martial arts, and your specialty is Krav Maga. Is this true?”

“Y-yes, sunbaenim!” Chanyeol answered, and he looked like he was going to fall down once more.

Where did the President get these guys? Sehun thought as he closed the folders.

Just for the fun of it, Sehun sent each of them death glares, and the reactions are still the same. These guys are at least two years than him, yet they still shook in fear, which Sehun used for his own amusement.

“Tomorrow,” Sehun crossed his arms, and Sehun discovers that by just the sound of  his voice, the other three stood up straight. “At three am sharp, I want you all in the training grounds. I’m strict with time, so any latecomers would be punished severely. Are we clear?!”

“Yes, sir!”

 

 

 

“The flight arrives at 6:55.” Sehun informed the other three as they stood at the arrivals area at four in the morning. “I want all of you to be in position at 5, okay?”

Baekhyun who was still yawning was elbowed by the other two. “Yes, sunbae!” The three answered in chorus.

 

It was finally Saturday, and the young master’s flight would be arriving soon. The past few days, Sehun had done his best to at least make the other three meet his standards. Even though he would not admit it out loud, despite the three’s awkwardness and clumsiness, they passed with flying colors. In a way, Sehun could tolerate them more, although the three would still jump in fear in his presence.

“Sehun-sunbae?” Chanyeol raised his hand shyly. “C-can I still go to the bathroom?”.

Sehun pursed his lips, but he still allowed him. “You have 90 seconds.”

Chanyeol ran to the bathroom direction. Sehun could only pray that he doesn’t fall down again. The tall guy has more self-inflicted injury than anyone he had met in his entire life.

“Sunbae, can I too?” Baekhyun asked like a cute little puppy.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Go.” Baekhyun ran off.

Sehun stood there without any expressions on his face. Meanwhile, Jongdae shifted uncomfortably in his position.

“D-did you like the omelet earlier, sunbae?” Jongdae tried to start the conversation.

“It’s okay not to talk, Jongdae.” Sehun answered and he’s sure he heard Jongdae sighed in relief.

 

After going back to the plan for five times, the four of them stood in their positions and waited patiently for the arrival of the young master. Sehun himself had gone over the plan in his head lots of time. For the past few days, he had learned to familiarize himself with his face until he’s 110% sure that he could recognize him in a sea of a billion people. Unlike the President, the young master has a face more youthful than anyone he had ever met. Even though he’s the same age as Sehun, he could still pass for a middle school student. Before Sehun sleeps, he says the young master’s name like a mantra, because for some reason, he developed some kind of fondness for the name.

“Luhan.”

 

Finally, the time has come. Sehun looked over the Arrivals board. The young master’s plane arrived safely. Sehun nodded at the other three to signal the arrival. The flood of the plane’s passengers came, and they were greeted by their loved ones. Sehun felt confident that they would be able to finish this assignment soon. As it turns out, he assumed too soon.

The number of people lessened, but still, there’s no Luhan. Sehun looked for the other three and they all looked confused as well. Chanyeol looked like he was going to faint.

“Sunbae,” Sehun heard Baekhyun’s voice in their four-way communicator. “The young master seems to be missing.”

I know that. Sehun thought, keeping his cool. The three looked at him in panic. “Calm down, you three. I’m going to call the former President to make sure that the young master got on the plane.” Sehun whipped up his phone. “Chanyeol, don’t faint.” He added.

And yes, Sehun was assured by the former President that his son indeed got on the plane. It felt a bit frustrating that the former President says it with an amused tone in his voice.

“Uh-oh, Sehun-ah,” The old man says, and Sehun is very sure that he was smiling right now. Is he even worried that he’s son’s missing?! “Looks like Luhan’s playing hide and seek with you guys! I hope you find him!”

Sehun stared at his phone in shock when the old man hung up with a cheery goodbye.

“Young Master Luhan is missing.” Sehun swallowed with a bit of difficulty as he spoke in their four-way communicator. He’s not used to failing like this. “We’ll commence plan B. We need to find the Young Master ASAP without causing any commotions. Clear?”

“Yes, sunbae.” The three answered as they dispersed.

 

Sehun went on to work. He remembered the President’s words to him. Is this what he meant when he said that the Young Master could be a handful? Of course that’s it. What else could it be? Sehun willed himself not to panic.

All of a sudden, his phone rang. Sehun fished it from his pocket. The caller ID indicates that it was the President. Sehun answered it right away.

“President?” Sehun stopped walking, but his eyes remained on scanning the airport crowd.

“Sehun!” The President exclaimed. “Have you found Luhan yet?”

“Not yet.” Sehun answered. His father must have informed him of the situation.

“Be patient with him,” Wufan said. “He could be like that.”

“I will,” Sehun replied curtly as he saw Jongdae from faraway frantically searching. In the middle of the crowd.

“Just give me a call when you found him, okay?” He hung up.

Sehun clenched his fist as he shoved the phone in his pocket. He was on his way to Jongdae’s direction when a blonde guy with fluffy hair bumped into him. Sehun had to hold him so that the two of them would not lose their balance. His eyes turned wide when he turned to the other guy.

“Shh! Someone’s after me!” He said to Sehun in panic. “Just…” He pushed Sehun to a corner post and kissed him hard.

Sehun’s eyes became wider as the smaller one pressed himself onto him. The hand that he was using to hold onto the guy’s arm loosened a little, but he managed to find his own willpower before he got lost into the soft lips pressing onto him. Being careful as ever, he managed to disentangle the smaller man from him. That was the only time that he realized that he had managed to wrap his arms on Sehun’s neck. Nonetheless, the smaller one seemed to be reluctant to let go of him.

As the two of them looked at each other for a brief moment, Sehun could see a mischievous glint on the other’s eyes. It took all his willpower to look away from those “innocent” doe eyes.

Managing to still maintain his cold expression, Sehun started to speak up. “I found him. I’ll meet you three at the car.”

“What?” Despite the teasing tone of the smaller one, there was a confused expression mixed into it.

Without saying a word, Sehun wrapped his arms at the other’s waist and carried him over the shoulder. The other screamed in surprise and thrashed his legs as Sehun carried him off.

 

“Yes, President.” Sehun says as he wrapped up the call. “We’re bringing Young Master back to the estate now.” He put the phone back in his pocket. He was sitting beside Luhan on the left and Jongdae on the right. Baekhyun was driving and Chanyeol was sitting on the passenger’s seat.

Luhan scoffed. Despite making a commotion inside the airport due to his kicking and screaming, it proved to be fruitless since Sehun and the others had a full clearance in it. The airport guards could not do anything.

“Young Master?” Jongdae asked. “Are you okay now?” Apparently, the other three were awed when they saw Sehun carrying a screaming Luhan when they finally met up at the car.

Luhan crossed his arms and glared at Sehun, trying to intimidate the other by his stare. However, Sehun hardly cared as he stared at the passing buildings outside.

When Sehun showed no signs of acknowledgement, Luhan let out a loud huff. “You! You fooled me!”

Sehun only shrugged.

Luhan’s mouth fell open at the other’s indifference. “How dare you! I’m your boss!” He turned to Jongdae. “Am I not his boss?! Tell me!”

Jongdae looked like he was going to explode. He was torn between the fear of losing his job and his undying fear of Sehun.

But Luhan was too impatient to wait for his answer, and instead kicked Sehun’s leg. “I don’t like you! Why did I end up with you?!”

“Well, I can’t say I like you too.” Sehun looked back at him coldly. “But I’m your bodyguard, so stop acting like a brat and deal with it.” Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae gasped in their seats at Sehun’s careless answer.

Luhan meanwhile grabbed his deer plushie (the only thing he brought as a hand-carry baggage), buried his face in it and screamed in frustration; His voice being muffled by the fluffy thing.

Meanwhile, Sehun looked back outside, a small grin, playing on his thin lips.


 

So that's it for Chapter One! How was it? Like I said in the foreword, I'm still finishing an update for my other fic, so hopefully, I'll be able to finish soon to focus on this! And of course, I still have school work and thesis and all that, so please be patient with me, okay?

See you soon! Jaa nee~ <3