roku

the last w i n t e r

Present Time

“ Thank you , teacher ! “

Yoona clasps her hands and forms a smile on her face . “ Don’t forget to bring the things that I need next week , “ she says and all the kids are rushing towards the door and quickly running to meet their parents .

She shooks her head slightly and gathers all her things .

She does not notice someone is on her way and she accidentally hit him .

What are you doing , Yoona ?

An endless , loud cry booms in the empty classroom , making Yoona feels panic all over her .

She put her things back on the teacher’s table and squats so she will be the same height as him.

“ I’m so sorry – “ she searchs for his name tag on his left side. “ Minhyuk-ah . Do you get hurt anywhere ? “ she asks him and looks all over his arms and head .

Yet , he’s still crying . Yoona comes up with an idea and take his hands to hers .

“ Do you want to have a walk ? I will buy you an ice cream , “ she says and the kid’s cry abruptly ends . He blinks his wet and puffy eyes towards her and she does not expect that

The kid’s eyes looks like Luhan’s .

She pulls back to the reality when she feels a small hand on her right cheek .

“ Can we go now ? “

 

.......

 

Luhan looks all around the school but Liu Jie is nowhere to be found .

I just told you this morning Liu Jie . Do not make anything that I do not approve of

Luhan walks out from the class with a tired face .

He sighs deeply and makes his way to the office room of the school .

 

.......

 

“ Prince Minhyuk , your ice cream is now ready to be serve , “ Yoona’s playfully voice makes the kid is smiling in happiness and quickly takes the ice cream from her hand.

Yoona does not why her feets dragged her to the park that used to be her place .

Their secret place .

And , she is sitting on the same old bench with a kid beside her . Her eyes keeps looking at the words written on there . Still look the same as 7 years ago .

Minhyuk’s squeal pulls her into a reality once again . She looks at her side only to find he’s not there . Automatically , she gets up from the bench and turn around only to see him.

Her eyes widens at the sight of him .

He looks up only to meet a familiar pair of dark brown eyes are staring deeply into him and a pang of guilt rush towards him as the memory of 5 years ago came to his mind .

Yoona wants to say something but it feels like her tongue cannot move and she cannot open .

Luhan looks at her and gulps for a few times .

“ Hello “

It’s not Luhan’s voice .

It’s not Yoona’s either .

It’s their voices .

Both of them looks down , as if they are strangers and feeling awkward .

Yoona shook her head slightly .

They are strangers .

............

Yoona and Luhan are sitting on the bench , and both eyes look at Liu Jie or also known as Minhyuk at the playground .

Luhan takes a peek at Yoona as her eyes still on Liu Jie . She’s obviously still look the same but it seems that she changed her hair style to more curls at the end . He scrunchs his eyebrow when he recalls back their first encounter just now .

She seems surprised to see me . She makes me feel like .. a stranger .

Yoona could feel someone is staring at her and she slowly turns right to see Luhan’s eyes are staring directly towards hers . Like just now . She frowns and poke his cheek lightly .

“ Are you going to stare at me like you are a stalker ? “

Luhan blinks his eyes at her and a small chuckle heard from his mouth .

“ I wonder how is my bestfriend change physically , “ he says curiously and a word from that sentence makes Yoona’s facial expression changes .

Bestfriend ? He still thought me as a bestfriend ?

Of course he is . He has Seohyun and .. Minhyuk

“ Nothing really changes about me . I guess I’d done my hair recently and it turned out to be good . Don’t you think so ? “ she tells him and a smile forms on her lips .

Luhan quietly snickers but Yoona still can heard it .

“ Enough about me . How about you ? Where’s Seohyun ? “

For a moment , Luhan feels stupid that he does not remind himself about this question . He looks at Liu Jie for a while before looking at Yoona back .

“ She’s dead “

Yoona could feel her worlds darken up .

Is it because of me ?

Yoona starts to open to speak but stop when Luhan speaks .

“ She was sick . I didn’t know that she was sick when she was pregnant . Do you know that she is sick ? “

Yoona shook her head , trying to remember everything about Seohyun .

“ I don’t – “

Yoona's sentence hang in the air as a memory came to her mind like a bullet

 

February , 2007

Yoona was watching the television , her favourite show was airing at that time . She put both of her legs on the couch and accidentally pushed Seohyun’s bag to the floor.

Slap yourself , Yoona

Most of things from that bag fell out from it . She took it one by one quickly and put it inside the blue sky bag .

That was when she found a bottle of pills.

Yoona scrunched her eyebrows . She’s not sick , right ? She’s not on drug also , right ?

Seohyun took the bottle from her hand before she can even read the use of the pills .

“ I’m sorry . I actually – “

Seohyun smiled widely . “ It’s okay . I don’t really mind about it  . “

Yoona wanted to ask more about the pills but Seohyun quickly went to her room .

She shrugged and decided to ask about it tomorrow .

But she never did .

 

Present Time

 

Yoona blinks her eyes and found Luhan looks at her , waiting for her answer .

“ I didn’t know that she was sick . There’s one time I accidentallty found a bottle of pills , I don’t know what the name is , but I often forgot to ask her about that . “

A deep sigh comes out from Luhan’s mouth .

“ That’s it . I wonder why she never tell you about this . “

Yoona feels that half of her wants to slap herself for being stupid .

I’m stupid enough to not know more about Joohyun

But , the sentences that came out from Luhan’s mouth making her look at Luhan in disbelief .

 

 

“ She had an alzheimer on the same year you left the university “

 


hai ! just logged in to this account and found new subscribers ! thank you for subscribing to this story . It makes me feel a bit more confident to write this story . ^^ . Idk why you guys describe to this story but once again , thank you ! You know you can talk to me .  hoho . . I'm still dying from watching ' Growl ' comeback stage at Mubank today .  >.< .

Anyway , to all the Muslims , I just want to say Happy Eid Al Fitr ! Hope you guys have a great time with your family . I know it's still on Ramadhan right now .

And , who can forget the cookies , cakes ? ( yum yum )

Farania is signing out !