n i

the last w i n t e r
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Narcotics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous
 

The next day

     The sun's morning rays glimmered through a girl's closed eyes , making her awake from her deep , peaceful sleep .She quickly sat up on her bed , looking at the small blue clock on the small table at her right side . 7 . 00 a.m . She quickly rose from her bed , took the towel that she hung last night on the chair and went to the bathroom . Another girl who just walked out from her bedroom , towel around her shoulder , stood there speechless when someone rushed out to the bathroom . She shook her head and went to the kitchen instead to make hot chocolate . For herself only . How can I live like this ?  she thought as she washed the mug that she used last night .

     The first girl quickly went out from the bathroom and to her bedroom . She opened her closet and started to search for her clothes . After a few minutes of searching , she found a sh- white dress actually with pink polkadots and quickly wore it  . She looked at herself infront of the mirror and a small frown appeared on her face . Why ? It suits me but .. why I feel I have to change my dress ? the thought came across her mind and a sudden feeling came to her . The feeling that she's unsure about . She went back to her closet , searched another dress to wear but instead , she found a white peterpan but black collar shirt and a pair of blue jeans .

      Unknownly , she found herself smiled . A smile that she rarely form , a smile that she didn't know either . She quickly wore them , threwing the dress to her bed and quickly looked at herself inront of the mirror . Yet , she felt something was missing . Was it her hair ? Was it because of her plain peterpan shirt ? Or was it- her thoughts were interrupted as her eyes landed on the red cardigan on her table . Yes , the cardigan . She quickly wore it and took the taupe coloured shoes near the closet and wore it before she rushed towards the main door and took a taxi and headed to the library .

       Once again , she left her housemate who was stunned by her action just now . Yoona-ah , how can you live with her ? she thought and continued to sip her hot chocolate as her eyes glued to the screen of the television . She continued to watch the television until realization hit her .

I forgot to ask where she's going .

But then , she chuckled lightly as she rose from the couch .

Of course , she's going there. After all, today is Tuesday . Yes . Tuesday , Yoona

She made her way to the bathroom .

. . . .

      On other side , the girl who just took the taxi quickly went inside the library , tried to catch her breath when she was there . She walked to the librarian's place and the librarian smiled widely at her . " Seohyun . Yes . The book that you want to borrow is still here . You can take it at the ' Non Fiction ' section there , " she told Seohyun before she went to another side . Seohyun nodded her head , showing her gratefulness towards the librarian through the action . Some boys smiled at her and she just nodded her head towards them . They were not flirting with her but Seohyun helped them at times when they had an exam . Seohyun quickly went to the section and smiled as she saw the book , placed among the books that she didn't recognize at all . Maybe the Korean War book only . She took it and sat on the table near the windows .

       She quickly went to the page where she put a small blue sky paper but surprised when she saw another handwriting on there .

What ? WHO DARE TO WRITE ON THIS PAPER OF MINE ? IF IT'S GOING TO BE SOME NUMBERS , I -

       She stopped when she saw what was written on the small paper . She wrote it in Chinese , hoping people couldn't read them but the reply .. was written in Chinese . She blinked her eyes as she read the sentences over and over again.

I see love . I see it through you .

        She smiled . A feeling came over here , making her tingle inside . She looked at her watch . 7.55 a. m 

        Seohyun quickly took a pen from her bag , wrote her reply on that small paper .

        Do you even know me ?

        She stopped . She read it again . Seohyun decided to add something.

        What is your name ? Are you a Chinese ?

        Seohyun smiled again before she closed the novel and went outside the library , headed to her college .

        She could felt that will be a new start in her life .


Why ? I had to admit that I'm not good at writing stories . I tried my best but I'm lacking of using the right words . Hope you like the update though.

Gotta go . I have a school tomorrow and my homework ( maths ) still don't finish yet .

Farania is signing out!