jyu ichi + read a/n

the last w i n t e r

“You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


23 December , 2005

" So , what are you going to do now ? "

Yoona looked at her mother briefly before turning her attention to the white canvas in front of her . She took the small brush and carefully painted the flowers that she draw just now . The sunlight made its way to her room and she squinted her eyes , tried to block the sunlight from hitting her face . She heard her mother sighed before she saw the curtains were down and her mother pulled rhem together , to block the sunlight

Yoona put her paint brush in to a small plastic cup at the small table , next to her painting and turned her attention to her mother .

" I'm thinking to further my studies at South Korea . I've been planning to go there and might as well visit Mrs. Kim there . "

Her mother let out a small smile , enough to make Yoona felt comforted and warm .

" I might not be your biological mother but I'm always worried for you . When I took you , you can't even speak Mandarin fluently but look at you right now . You always be quiet , you're not like any other kids but I'm happy that you grow up prettily . You know your manners and that's why I love you . You've been such a good girl , a good daughter and I hope you will be a good woman and a good wife one day . Your father is also proud of you , we're both proud of you and we love you . "

Yoona quickly hugged her mother and cried onto her chest . Her mother rubbed her back gently and using her other hand , brushing Yoona's hair softly .Yoona was still crying and continue to hug her mother tightly . Her mother looked up from her and saw her husband , was looking at both of them with a small smile on his face and walked away from the room . Yoona slowly pulled herself out from her mother's embrace and quickly wiped her tears away by her long sleeves .

" Thanks , mother . I promise that I'll be always making you and father proud and I'll be strong for both of you . I'll not disappoint you . "

Her mother smiled at her and Yoona smiled back as they gripped their hands together .

" Go get ready . Luhan told me that both of you will go to that festival this evening . "

Yoona scowled as soon as she heard Luhan's name being mentioned


20 December , 2005

" Yoona , are you going to that festival ? "

Yoona was eating her ice cream when her friend , Jia asked her about the festival . They were seating as they watched the football match between Luhan's team and a team from another school . She set her eyes on Luhan who was playing as a winger and slowly her chocolate mint ice cream .

" I don't know yet . How about you ? "

Jia sighed as she looked at Yoona , and to a person who Yoona was looking since the match had started and back again to Yoona .

" Why don't you tell him that you like him ? " Jia asked as she put her empty plastic cup to a seat next to her .

Yoona looked at Jia for a brief before she replied . " I don't know who's you talking about . "

They both looked at each other , a smirk was formed on Jia's lips as she saw the way Yoona looked that time .

" Watch out ! "

Yoona was surprised with the sudden shriek and she turned to the match only to have a ball hit her face straightly .

Her ice cream fell to the ground and Yoona slowly opened up her eyes . " It's Luhan who did this , " Jia said quietly and Yoona stared right at Luhan .

Luhan smiled sheepishly at her as he made a sorry gesture and Yoona quickly walked out from that place , grabbed a taxi leaving Jia behind .

" Stupid deer . Why do I even like you at the first place ? " Yoona muttered angrily under her breath  as she took a view of herself at a small mirrorr in the taxi .

Yoona shrieked as she saw the bruise on her left eye , made the driver nearly lost control over his driving .


23 December , 2005

" Mother , I'll go right now . Bye ! " Yoona shouted to her mother , who was in the kitchen that time and quickly took her converse shoes and wore it . With a heavy sigh , she opened the door slowly and frowned when she saw Luhan stood infront of her . She quickly covered her left eye with her bangs and began to walk away , ignoring Luhan who was shouting her name .

" Im Yoona ! "

Yoona looked to her left and saw Luhan was riding his motorcycle .

Oh , how Yoona wished she could wipe that smile from Luhan's face because somehow , she felt herself getting weaker than before .

Luhan stopped his motorcycle and got up from it and stood infront Yoona . He was staring at her left eye that covered by her bangs . With a small sigh , he looked at Yoona with a frown . Yoona stared back at him , and raised one of her eyebrows .

" Let me see your left eye . "

" No . "

" Let me . "

" No . "

Yoona kept pushing Luhan's hand away from reaching her bangs and Luhan being stubborn he was , did not want to give up . They did it for minutes before Yoona decided to hit Luhan's arm strongly . Luhan winced in pain and looked at Yoona in disbelief .

" You're lucky I hit your arm . I wanted to kick your legs but you need them for your football training . Now , take me to the festival . You owed me a lot of things , Luhan . Do I need to tell you one by one ? "

" I do not owe you anything ! " Luhan exclaimed as he got onto his motorcycle .

Yoona grinned . " Oh , really ? Looks like I need to tell your mom about her missing necklace , don't you think ? "

Let's say that Luhan ended up obeying Yoona .


I hate this , Yoona thought as she was standing among the crowds who were enjoying and singing to the song that was performed that time .

People kept bumped into her and just now , a tall guy hit Yoona's head with his arms . Yoona expected an apology but sadly , she did not get any . She looked at Luhan who was laughing with his friends and followed his other friends , enjoying the songs . She looked at Jia , who was singing along to the song as she waving her hands up in the air .

Yoona shook her head slowly at the situations . In order to not make herself out of place , she acted like she truly enjoyed the song . She moved her head and her body to the rythym and sang some lines from the songs . The sound from the stage hurted her ears and she winced everytime she heard the sound of the drum .

The rain were slowly fall from the sky when Luhan met eyes with Yoona . They both stared at each other for a while before Yoona moved her attention to Jia , who was calling her name for a few times . Luhan smiled at her before he moved his attention to his friends .


" We should stop at the tree house . "

The rain was getting heavier and Yoona and Luhan could not make it to their houses and Yoona suggested that they should stopped by their tree house .

Luhan was going to object but seeing the condition of the roads and the weather , he had to think about their safety first . He quickly stopped his motoroycle under the tree house and motioned Yoona to go first . Yoona quickly got up from the motorcylce and climbed up the stairs on the tree to the tree house . Luhan followed up later , but felt slightly scared of the height .

Luhan carefully went up and into the tree house , scooted himself to Yoona who was sitiing with the tree's wood as her supporter .

Luhan ended up fell asleep and Yoona followed him minutes later .

Somehow , Yoona ended up waking up earlier than Luhan and stared at Luhan for a few minutes . She soflty brushed his damp hair from covering his eyes and let out a shaky breath . She used to be so strong but she did not know how she ended up be weak whenever she's around Luhan .

Maybe she likes him . Yoona frowned upon the thought of it . She clearly likes him and if she's not , they wouldn't ended up becoming friends .

Yoona startled at the other thought she got .

Maybe she loves him ?

And Yoona was still staring at him and then looked at the blue-grey sky .

She was confused . Is Luhan feel confused also ?


Present day

Luhan wakes up that morning and realizing that Yoona  is gone .

The scenes from last night comes to his mind and he grips on his hair and ruffles it . He takes his handphone from the nightstand and dial Yoona's number .

The number you -

Luhan throws his handphone on the bed . He looks at the frame photo on the nightstand and he sighs heavily .

He sees a note on the photo and knows that it belongs to Yoona .

I'm sorry , Luhan .

Luhan feels confused .

He feels confused of his own feelings .


/// A LONG  AUTHOR'S NOTE ///

Hai ! I'm sorry for the lack of updates like the last time I updated this a few months ago . I have some personal problems to handle and also family problems which kind of stopping me from writing and write's block . I hope this update will make it up for you . I'll try to write about seohan at the next chapter . I'm thinking of putting this story and my other story , ' Begin Again ' on hiatus since I need to focus on my studies this year . I'll have a very important exam in September-October and I depend on the result if I take literacy classes or science classes . But , I'll make oneshots when I'm free . :D ( I made one and it's called STAY and it's an angst )

I'm sorry for the late update , please forgive me ! I know that I said I'll do double updates but oh well , we don't know what will happen in the future . We can plan it but only GOD can decides . And oh , you guys can talk to me at my twitter ( @faraniaa_ ) and probably complain to me about my lack of updates and about luyoon , seohan . ( But Yoona belongs to Lee Seunggi now T_T ) You guys can add me on LINE if you have one , galaxies_ .

Thank you for still staying with me and this story . I love you guysss / throws cookies

Since I'm a Muslim , I want to say Happy Eid al Fitr to all muslims ! Have a nice time with your family . Use the pocket money we got for TLP xD

 

farania is signing out !