The First Attempt

It Hurts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Due to starting school on a Wednesday, the school week went by pretty fast. I was honestly anxious for the weekend to come. For one whole school year, I've been wanting Erin to notice me. Finally her ignoring me on a daily basis would end, most likely. Hayi seemed fine after asking her for the favor, but her eyes started getting bags, slowly but surely. It got really bad when I headed over to her house on Saturday. So here's how it went.

  I texted her when I'd be there, and when the time came, I left my house and walked to hers. I knocked on her door and waited a few seconds for an answer. I was greeted with a faint grin from Hayi. She moved aside to allow me to enter and I did so. Hayi's mom wasn't home. Probably buying some groceries or something, but she was chill. She would always let me in because she knew Hayi and I considered ourselves as siblings.

   I hugged Hayi tight and grinned at her. Her face brightened up just slightly and she sat down in one of the couches in her house. Of course, I sat next to her no problem. She shut her eyes for a few seconds, probably from lack of sleep, and sighed a little, then opened her eyes back to reality.  "So, tell me about her. What does she do in school most of the time?"

  I scratched the back of my neck a little and tilted my head slightly. "I don't really know what she does, honestly."

  "So you basically only like her for her looks, right? C'mon, you gotta fantasize about her a lot and stuff. Does she hang out with friends? Anything?"

  "Yeah. She's always with her friends. And, I guess I do..."

  "What if she's a total once you start talking to her?" Woah, I never heard this language from Hayi. It was weird hearing it from... her..

   "We'll see how that goes. I'm sure she isn't. She seems very shy."

   "A popular girl who's shy? Makes total sense, Jimin!" She said sarcastically. "Look, I know you're shy, but that habit has to stop if you want to be able to talk to her. She isn't gonna stop and 'waste' her time talking to you, got it?"

  "G-Got it. How do I start the conversation though?"

  "Do whatever you can. Be funny in class. Get in a little trouble. Fix your face up. I don't know. I don't like her the way you do." And I hated it. She was being bossy. Bossier than she ever was to me.

  "Yo. What's your problem? You don't seem like yourself."

  "I'm not gonna be a sweet little innocent girl. You want this girl, so I'm gonna be straight up honest with you. I'm not gonna be optimistic about this. Why? Because even I'm not sure if I'll be able to get this girl for you. Now grow a pair and stop focusing on me. We've got to talk about Erin." I shrugged a little and nodded slowly.

   She groaned quietly and rubbed the bags under her eyes. I frowned slightly and lifted her chin up with my index finger, so that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter