Three.

The Red Umbrella

His fingertips ran across the keyboard quickly, his eyes only staring at the game in front of him. With his volume full blast coming out of his headphones, he didn't hear or see his mother walk into the room with a pissed off expression. Picking up one of his shirts lying on the ground, she threw it to Jeongguk's face that then landed on his laptop screen, ending the game for him.

 

Jeongguk's eyes widened and his childish mode kicked in, “Ah! Umma! Why did you do that?! I was just about to pass the level!” Angrily he tossed his laptop and headphones to the side, “This is so unfair!”

 

“Unfair.” His mother scoffed, throwing more of his clothes that were on the ground at him, “I think what is unfair is how of a lazy child you are. With two hard working parents we still managed to raise a game addicted son. And when are you going to come out of our room! Should we just buy you a shed outside of the house and give you food like a dog.”

 

“Do I still have internet?”

 

She clenched her fist but managed to cool herself down, “You better get your off that bed and out of this house for a few hours or I will beat you to hell.”

 

“I thought I was all ready in it.” Jeongguk mumbled to himself as she left the room with the door wide open again, “Close the door!”

 

“If you close that door I will smack you!”

 

A week had passed since he had been forced out of the house and yet again he was being forced out. Jeongguk didn't mind though, well he did mind a bit since he lost everything in the game he was playing but he hoping maybe he'd run into the red umbrella girl again.

 

Jeongguk sat on a bench in front of a small park. In his hand he drank from a coke can that was about half empty. His thoughts wandered to the red umbrella girl, he never told his mother even though she pestered him to tell her what happened. Jeongguk definitely knew the girl was out of his league, way way way out. He knew he couldn't even reach her. He could only identify that she looked young, maybe around his age but she looked young.

 

Jeongguk became distracted when a water droplet fell onto the back of his hand, “Dammit. Why is it raining so much.”

 

“Probably because you're looking so mopey.”

 

“Really?” Jeongguk turned his gaze towards the voice but ended up choking on his coke and spitting it out in front of him.

 

“Is that how you always act in front of other people. Other may find it weird but I think it's funny.” She laughed as Jeongguk was still coughing, “We met last week didn't we. You're mister wet.”

 

“Mister wet?”

 

“Oh I'm sorry. I guess I got the wrong person. Maybe I'll see you around sometimes.” She turned her heels and walked away before turning the block.

 

Jeongguk couldn't help but remember the last sentence she said, “Is that her trademark or something.”

 

Unconsciously his feet moved to the way she went. The clicks of her heels, he couldn't hear anymore. Once he turned the corner, the rain had started to sprinkle. Jeongguk stopped once he turned, he caught sight of the girl and male in front of her. They were close that from Jeongguk's view, it looked as if they kissing. The sound of her hand connecting with the man's face surprised Jeongguk slightly.

 

“Yah. Park Jimin, no matter what you do, what you say, how you act. I will never go out with you. Especially since you're my brother's friend.” She lifted her finger, moving it back and forth, “That's a big no no.”

 

Jimin smirked, “V's not gonna care.”

 

“I bet Taehyung oppa will care if you tried laying those dried lips on me. Besides, I have a boyfriend that's much better than you would ever be.”

 

Jimin laughed, “We all know that your boyfriends don't last that long.”

 

“And we all know that your reputation is leaving a trail of broken hearts.”

 

Jeongguk's cell phone went off, attracting the two's attention. Jeongguk turned his back towards them, denying the call even if his mother was going to kill him later. The click of heels made him anxious and he jumped when an arm hugged his.

 

“Yah, oppa! Why are you so late?”

 

“W-What.” Jeongguk's face brightened red.

 

She laced his fingers with hers, dragging him along passed Jimin as if to brag in front of his face. Reaching the point where she knew Jimin couldn't hear nor see them, she let go of his hand and watched how red Jeongguk got.

 

“What was that for?” Jeongguk wiped his sweaty palm on his shirt.

 

“You saw what happened mister stalker and I've always wanted a fake boyfriend. It seems like a great experience.”

 

“My name is Jeongguk. You can stop calling me mister whatever.”

 

She smiled with a laugh that made Jeongguk stop for a while, “My name is Kim Jaehwa.”