Eleven.

The Red Umbrella

Jaehwa set down the pizza and coke onto the desk before taking a look around, “Wow. Your room is actually really big without all the clothes and stuff on the ground. Plus you have your own TV, your parents must spoil you.”

 

Jeongguk rubbed the back of his neck, “Not really. It was actually my brother's. They spoil him so it's kind of a hand me down.” Jeongguk watched as she touched his books and looked through them, “Hey if you want to watch a movie, we can. We have tons of movies in our storage room.”

 

Jaehwa turned her head to him and nodded, “Sure. I'll watch any movie so you can choose. I'll just stay here.” Jaehwa heard him leave the room and continued to flip through his books. Feeling the vibration of her phone, Jaehwa answered, “Hello.”

 

“Why!”

 

Jaehwa removed the phone from her ear and looked at the caller before speaking, “What is it now Jimin. I'm kinda busy not caring about you.”

 

“How can you do this to me! I thought we had something and now I hear you're going after a new guy. What is this Jaehwa. Remember the promise you made me in kindergarten. You promised me you'd only love me and you told me that too last time.”

 

Jaehwa rolled her eyes, “First off, we were in kindergarten Jimin. You promised a horse and I don't see you riding on one in front of my house. Secondly, I don't love you. I told you I only said that as a dare. Lastly, stop calling me in the middle of the night and stop calling me in the middle of the day too. It's bad enough I see you walking around my house half . Like why do you even do that.”

 

“Uh, for show, duh. You said you liked a guy with muscle.”

 

“Yes, I like a guy with muscle, not a guy that would voluntarily walk around the neighborhood like he just walked out of the shower.”

 

“Okay, let me ask you something then. Who do you like?”

 

“Why should I tell you.”

 

“So I know who to beat up when he makes my princess cry.”

 

Jaehwa scoffed, “I don't think that's necessary.”

 

“It's necessary for me. Why shouldn't I protect you.”

 

“I think the question is, why should you even protect me.”

 

“Look Jaehwa, I know you don't like me. In fact I know you hate me because you have that sign on your door that says No Park Jimin allowed but, V just wants to know that who you're dating is not a bad guy. He's your big brother, it's what big brother's are for. V really cares about you deep down at the bottom pit of his heart.”

 

“Wow Jimin. You actually sounded like a decent person for a second but I'm still not gonna tell you who I like.”

 

“Oh that's all right. We're actually standing in front of his house.”

 

“What.”

 

Jaehwa clenched her fist while standing next to Jeongguk who could feel the tensed up vibe from her. Jeongguk's mother smiled while letting Jimin and Taehyung in, “Jeongguk, I didn't know you had friends.”

 

Jeongguk began to feel embarrassment, “You make it sound like I never had friends.”

 

Jeongguk's mother laughed, “Well you didn't, did you.”

 

“Yes I did.”

 

Jimin, Taehyung, and Jaehwa followed Jeongguk to his room. Standing in front of his door, Jaehwa grabbed Jimin by the collar and pulled him into the room before shutting the door in front of Jeongguk's face. The only sounds coming from the room were Jimin crying out.

 

Jeongguk turned to Taehyung who had a cold stare, “I-I'm Jeongguk by the way.”

 

“I'm Taehyung. Jaehwa's older brother.” Taehyung eyed Jeongguk, “You know, my sister likes you. I trust that you don't take her for granted.”

 

Jeongguk smiled awkwardly and nodded, “I-I won't. I actually like her too.”

 

“I can tell. I'll tell you a few things now since she's busy beating Jimin up. Jaehwa will never confess to you, she's too shy. Jaehwa will act like she hates you because she doesn't want you to know she likes you. She's afraid of spiders, by afraid, I mean she won't look at one, she won't touch one, she won't even touch a fake one. If you pull a prank on her using spiders, she'll kill you. Lastly, she loves our grandmother. I bet you've noticed the red umbrella she carried around. Jaehwa would die if anything happened to it because....”

 

Jeongguk's door flew open with a smiling Jaehwa, “He won't be moving for a while. I think he's unconscious. What are you guys doing.”

 

Jeongguk smiled, “Nothing.”

 

Jaehwa glared at Taehyung, “Why are you here.”

 

Taehyung sighed, “We need to talk Jaehwa.”

 

Jaehwa shrugged, “Is there a problem that we can't talk right here.”
 

“Fine. I'll say it loud and clear for you to understand. Stop being an inconsiderate brat. Jin said he was sorry. Why can't you just forgive him.”

 

Jaehwa saw the surprised expression on Jeongguk's face and nodded, “You're right Taehyung. Let's talk about this at home.”