Picking up the pieces....

After the Rain...

 

 

 

 

Picking up the pieces.....

 

 

 

"We're here!" Jiyong chirped happily as soon as the car engine died down. He glanced at the passenger seat and a smile formed in his lips upon seeing Dara sleeping peacefully. Few weeks after she woke up from her coma, the doctor finally gave them a go signal to discharge her and now she's back in Busan where she grew up. He originally wanted her to stay with him in Seoul but her parents, Bom and Chaerin insisted that Dara will stay with her parent's home. He can understand them, he had his chance to take care of her and he neglected her.

 


Facing Dara's two bestfriends wasn't easy, he was actually glad that they kept him alive, but he did all he can for them to forgive him and gladly they did, in the end, but that doesn't mean that they trust him like how they trust him before.

 

And also, the fact that his relationship with Dara is not yet clear. He never had the chance to ask her about it, he felt that it was inappropriate, there are much more important thing to consider than his stand in her life. It's fine with him, though Dara seemed distant and cold to him, she never really pushed him away, and just lets him be.   

 

He can wait.

 

Right now, what's more important is her, not him. 

 

Jiyong stealthily got out from his car and he could see Bom running to him from the gate. "Is everything ready?" He asked as soon as she approached him. 

 

"Where's Dara?" Bom asked, slightly panting. 

 

"Sleeping" He answered. He took a deep breath, taking in the fresh scent of the morning. His eyes landed at Dara's house, it wasn't that big, just enough for a family of four, simple yet looks really comfortable. He can imagine his Dara growing up in the house. Now he knows why she became the Dara that he fell in love with. Meeting her parents made him realized that Dara never wanted an elegant life what he had envisioned to give her, she grew up in a close knit, simple and loving family, that's all she ever wanted and he was such a bastard for actually thinking that he can surpass it with expensive things. 

 

His heart started to constrict at that thought. If they never met, Dara would've been in Harvard with her friends, chasing her own dreams. He ruined it for her. "Bom...." 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'm sorry...for everything...I was selfish...if it wasn't because of me...she--"

 

"Jiyong..." Bom cut him off "The accident, it wasn't your fault, no one blames you, it was uncalled for, that is something none of us expected, whatever happened to the both you, it wasn't your fault too, I realized that now... me and Chaerin, we are at fault too, we shouldn't have left her at the time when she needed us, I shouldn't have cut ties with her when I perfectly know that she's going through a lot at that time and her, she has some fault too, she forgot herself, she forgot to live her life for her and instead she live for you...so really, we all are at fault here...the best thing we can do now is start anew, forgive and forget the past. Dara needs us and we will be there for her, no matter what..." 

 

"I love her, I love Dara so much, you got to believe me Bom, I never wanted to hurt her..." Jiyong sighed dejectedly. 

 

"None of us did Jiyong, but in the end, we did hurt her..." 

 

"Will you give me a chance to love her once again?" 

 

Bom glanced at him and look straight in his eyes and he welcome her, he was determined to right the wrongs that he did "It's not my decision, it's hers" She smiled warmly at her and Jiyong sigh in relief "Just make sure you won't hurt again Kwon or I swear I'm going to kill you for real" She added, narrowing her eyes on him "Now, go get her, everything is already set inside..." She winked and went back inside the house leaving him alone with Dara. 

 

 

==========

 

 

"Just one more step Dara..." Jiyong whispered softly as he guided Dara inside the house. His hands on both of her shoulders, gently manuevering her direction. He was grinning from ear to ear as he eyed the people inside the house. They had decided to give her a welcome surprise and a small celebration for a brand new life. 

 

"Jiyong, I can manage.." Dara stubbornly said, trying to free herself from his grasp. 

 

"I just don't want you to get hurt..." He frowned, seeing Dara's face still void with emotion, but he shrugged it off. He was kind of used to it anyways. 

 

"I'm not cripple, I'm just blind" She hissed under her breath, obviously not liking the extra attention he was giving her. 

 

"Surprise!!!!" Jiyong felt Dara jumped in surprise when the people around them shouted cheerfully "Welcome home Dara..." They chirped as they clap their hands gleefuly. 

 

"They planned a surprise for you, we got foods and drinks and they also prepared a big banner for you, with your name on it" He told her. Jiyong and the rest, looked at her expectantly. They were hoping to get a happy reaction from her but instead, they were greeted by complete silence "Dara...are you okay?"

 

Dara's shocked face turned grim and Jiyong knew that the party was a bad idea "Are you seriously asking me that? Am I okay? What do you think? Do I look okay? I couldn't see....is that okay?" She bombarded them with sarcastic question and everyone was rooted on their spot. The living room fell silent and no one seemed to have the courage to talk or even make a move. All were just standing there, looking at her. Sighing, Dara turned to no one "I'm tired, can you all go out and leave me in peace? I really don't wanna see anyone right now...oh right...I'm blind..." She chuckled bitterly.

 

"Dara----" Jiyong called her name.

 

"I said I'm tired Jiyong" She spat "Or am I mute too that no one understand me?"

 

Jiyong gently turned her around to face him "Dara...don't be like this,  they put so much effort just for you..." 

 

"I'm not in the mood okay? I just wanted to rest, you can all go and party, besides, I don't think there's a good reason for us to celebrate...." 

 

"Dara-yah..."

 

Jiyong saw Bom about to approached them but he wave his hand and stopped her. He turned his attention once again to Dara and placed his hands on both her shoulders "Dara...please...don't be like this..." He pleaded

 

"What? No one wants to help me?' Dara ignored his plea and instead pry his hands away from her "Fine! I'm going in my room alone, I don't need anyone's help anyways" She said and quickly step away from Jiyong, she was about to take another step but her foot accidentally step on her other foot and tripped causing her to stumble on the floor.

 

"Dara!"

 

Everyone shouted in horror as they watch her fall down the cold floor. Jiyong quickly went to her, he reached out his hand to hold her but she slap his hand away "Don't touch me! I can go on my own!" She stubbornly said. She wave her hand around her, finding something to support her weight, when she couldn't find anything, she started to crouch in all fours and started to move, crawling. Jiyong watched silently as Dara crawl in the cold floor, his heart about to burst with so much pain, the insides of his stomach was churning and he felt like he wanted to puke. When he couldn't take it anymore, he was about to walk  towards her but a hand stopped him.

 

"No Jiyong, just let her be..." Chaerin told him, her eyes were mirroring his, pain.    

 

Jiyong watch as Dara struggle to do it on her own, his hand clenched into fist, but as soon as he heard Dara choked and saw the tears forming in her eyes, he whisked Chaerin's hands away and went to her. He kneeled before her and hugged her "Dara...enough..." 

 

"I said don't touch me! No one touch me!" She struggle from his hold " I can do this...on my own, just like before!" 

 

"Dara please...you'll only hurt yourself...stop this..." He pleaded once more. "Please...baby...let me help you..." He choked. 

 

"Why?" Dara asked "Why Jiyong? Why I can't do it? Why?" Her voice started to break and it breaks his heart more into million piece "Why can't I see? Why? I just wanted to be happy...I just wanted to be happy..." She sobbed. "I'm scared...Jiyong-ah...I'm so scared...what's going to happen to me now?" 

 

"Oh God! Baby...don't be scared...I'm here for you..I will never leave you..." Jiyong cried. 

 

"You hurt me..." 

 

"I'm so sorry...Oh God! Dara...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you..I love you...please believe me...please" Jiyong tightened his hold on her, his tears run down his cheeks and he doesn't care what others will say anymore. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry..I'm sorry..." He cupped her cheeks and kissed her tears away, planting light kisses all over her face "I love you...Dara...I love you so so much" 

 

==========

 

 

"Aren't you going out tonight?" I asked. I heard the floor creaked so I know that Jiyong was just there with me. It's been half a year now since we step outside my house in Busan. At first, I was afraid to trust Jiyong again but then my love for him got the better of me in the end. I realized that wallowing about what happened to me will not help me move on with my life. And I'm glad that I stopped being bitter about  it and accepted my fate. A month ago, we went back to the hospital to check if there's already a suitable donor for me, sadly, we couldn't find anyone, but it was okay, I'm not hoping for it anyway.  Life, for me now, had never been better. Jiyong is taking care of me really well, I became his priority now.  "I thought you would have been gone by now" I told him. I felt his presence behind me. 

 

"You know I wouldn't go out somewhere without telling you." He placed his hands on my hips. and I leaned on him, whispering an apology. "It's okay." He answered. 

 

"So are you going out?" I​ asked again.

 

I looked over the window, although I couldn't see what's outside, I'd still like standing by the window, it became my habit. "Nope, I told the guys that I had better things to do." 

 

"Like what?" I smiled softly.

 

He slipped his arms in mywaist. "Like stay here with you." He kissed the side of my neck and I turned to face him, hooking my hands on his nape. 

 

"You can go out if you want to, Ji" I looked straight in his face and I chuckled, feeling stupid acting like I can see him. 

 

"I don't want to." He said. "I'd rather spend my time with you, you know that." His hands moved from my waist to cup my face just under my ears and jaw line. 

 

"Don't say things like that." I pouted. Sometimes, I started to feel guilty because ever since I got here, his life completely changed...and I do not want that. I still want him to enjoy his life and continue to reach out for his dreams "You have no life because of me."

 

"I wouldn't have a life without Dara" He said and I could imagine that he was rolling his eyes at me. "Don't make that face at me. You know it's true. You're more important to me. I thought we're already clear on that now?"

 

"I just don't want you to miss out on things." I sighed sighed. "And I don't want your friends to think that I don't let you go out." He pushed a lock of hair off my face and I closed my eyes at the contact.

 

"Open your eyes for me, Dara." I shook my head. "Please, I want to see the eyes I love so much." My breath hitched up and Jiyong must've realized his mistake. "Oh Dara." He pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, sometimes I forget."

 

"How can you forget, Jiyong-ah?" I gripped the back of his shirt. My voice cracked. "It's been half a year" I held onto him tighter. "We can't go anywhere new without problems. Your friends don't like having me around so a lot of the time I feel like a burden to you and everyone around me." I sniffled a couple of times. "And it's all because I ing can't see!" I pressed my face against his chest.

 


"Don't say that Dara...they love hanging out with you...you were never a burden to them and most especially to me..." He said softly. A sigh of contentment escaped my lips as he pressed his lips to the top of my head. "I'm sorry baby" He whispered into my hair and hugged me tighter. "Sometimes those things just come out of my mouth. I know it's a lame excuse but…I know I should know better." 

 

"I know, I'm sorry, too." I sniffed. "It's not your fault. I think I'm just moody today." My shoulders sagged.

 

He cupped my cheeks and gave me a chaste kiss on my lips"Just because you can't see with your eyes doesn't mean you can't see with other parts of you." He swiped his thumbs over my cheekbones. "You are able to see me, with your hands; you know every nook and cranny of my face and body. With just one touch of your fingers you know if I'm sad or happy." A tear slipped down my cheeks.

 

He rubbed my eyes. "You always make me so emotional." I told him and he let out a chuckle. 

 

"It happens." He said before kissing my forehead. "Why don't we go out?"

 

"Where?"

 

"Well, I do have tickets to a certain concert you've been wanting to go to." I could sense his grinning on me.

 

"Oh?" I smiled. "And what would that be?"

 

"I think you should guess."

 

I laughed. "Bigbang?" He didn't answer but I know that I'm right..I felt my heart jump with happiness, he knows that I love Bigbang so much, it was the group that he's producing and I love them a lot, I already met them a couple of times and they are the sweetest, they give life to every song Jiyong makes. "Am I right?"

 

"Of course you are. You always are, baby."

 

"Yay!" I clapped happily "When does it start?"

 

He fell silent and I'm guessing that he's checking his watch "Oh, in about two hours."

 

"Two hours?!" I cried. "And you're just telling me about this now?!" I stepped out from his arms and I almost trip, luckily, he caught me just in time. Sometimes, I forget that I am blind too...

 

"Yah! Be careful!" He reprimanded me. "Sometimes I worry about you Dara..." He said to me with his resigned voice, and  I bit my lips. 

 

"I know." I replied. "Sometimes I do, too."