Changes

After the Rain...

 

 

 

 

Changes....

 

 

 

Early in the morning and Jiyong sits at the bench in the rooftop of YG Entertainment Agency. Taking a sip of his hot coffee, he looked up and studied the sky. The clouds are as white as a pearl on the vast ocean of blue, the sun is already shining brightly even if it's only 7:30. He squinted his eyes when the sun rays hit his face. It was a sunny day that morning, the start of summer.

 

From his vantage point of view, he could already see the is starting to wake up, there are already people walking hastily on the side-walk probably on their way to their respective jobs, he could also see some walking leisurely on the nearby park. He could hear cars honking and some bells ringing.

 

Today is a busy day. 

 

As the morning scene in the city started to unfold before him, he started to think about his life, about his family.  He understands that people do things sometimes for selfish reasons and then try to justify their behavior. He finds it unfortunate that his family was torn apart at a time when it should have been stronger than ever; it should have lasted forever.

 

But then nothing last forever. Nothing stays forever. He realized.

 

Everybody is bound to change, he's not an exception. Munites, Hours, Days, Weeks and Months. He could tell that he is changing. He's no longer a nobody, in fact, at a short spun of time, he had achieved respect from the industry that he had chosen. Everybody now wanted a piece of him, willing to pay him millions just for a piece of music sheet.

 

He is now G-Dragon.

 

The music prodigy.

 

He is now someone that is worth to carry his father's name.  Someone he's father can be proud of. He let out a chuckle thinking about it, the look on his father's face is just so priceless when he showed up at his house on his newly bought bentley, no longer looking like a homeless hobo but instead a young handsome man who can have and buy anything. And the best part of his grand entrance is a beautiful and elegant young woman who came with him. 

 

Dara. 

 

The only person who stayed by his side through thick and think. A boyish grin formed in his lips, just thinking about her. Now he can say that she deserves him, he had proven to her judgemental friends that he is worth Dara's time, every millisecond of it. The shock look on their faces when he went to fetch Dara in her university still cracks him up everytime. They looked like they just got slapped on the face. 

 

For him, Dara deserves everything.  She sees him. She understands him. She's the  very heart of who he is now and what he's about.  She's the reason why he held on, the reason why he kept on going and going, moving forward and reaching higher.  She's the only one who sees his worth, right there in his eyes, his face, his smile, his words. Every part of him. 

 

If they knew him, they could've stayed but they didn't, only Dara did. 

 

He could still remember the sad look on Dara's face everytime he sees her,  the forced smile..the fights between Dara and her friends. He knew that people around Dara is against him, of their connection, he know that those people are mocking him, and her, them, but Dara endured them all and stayed by his side, she kept her promised and keeping it still, and with that, he knew Dara deserves nothing but the best. 

 

And he opt to slapped those ers in their faces with his achievements, of his wealth, Dara and Him. 

 

He will make sure that they will be the only one laughing in the end. 

 

A beep sound from his mobile interrupted his thoughts, he lazily fished out his phone and smiled when his girlfriend's name flashed on the screen, there was a message coming from her and he quickly opened it. 

 

"Ji..I'm in the lobby..can you come down for a minute?" 

 

He frowned. He finished his cup of coffee and tossed the item on the trashbin and made his way to his waiting girlfriend. "Dara...what are you doing here?" He asked as soon as he saw her. He saw her smile halted and noticed the bag on her hand, he could smell food from it, she had prepared him breakfast and he slightly felt guilty, he knew Dara made an effort to come to him, eventhough it's still early in the morning. He let out a sigh and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry...it's just that...I told you before you don't have to this...you still have your exam..." He explained. He really doesn't mind Dara visiting him at work, but he also knew that she doesn't have much time for this season is currently crucial to Dara and her studies. He doesn't really want to be a bother to her. 

 

"I know Ji...but...you're too busy and we rarely see each other this past few months..." She told him truthfully. "I just wanted to see you...that's all" 

 

Jiyong felt more guilty, because he was so busy with his work, he rarely goes out of the building anymore...for the past six months since he became a music producer, his recording studio became his home, he stays there 3 or 4 days and sometimes he only comes home when he's already run out of clean clothes, he would get some new ones and Dara would be there to wash his clothes for him, they rarely talk to each other as well, because when he have time to go home, he will just sleep all day, fetch Dara in the university, order some take out, they will eat then he'll go back to sleep, and then the next day, he will report back to his agency. 

 

He looked at Dara's form and his heart broke, she was just standing there, with arms slumped on the side and head bowed down. He misses her too. Sighing, he reached for her hand and pulled her towards him "Babe...come here..." He said to her in a gentle voice, he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, his chin resting on top of her head "I wanted to see you too..and I miss you so much...." He told her, kissing her hair. He cupped her face and made her look at him "And this..." He said staring at her plump lips "I miss tasting this..." He slowly lowered his head and brush his lips against hers, teasing her, and after a while, kissed her fully, engaging her in a one passionate kiss, tasting every corner of her wet cavern with his tounge, not minding if the receptionist is already gawking at them. 

 

Jiyong felt his energy is coming back to him as he kissed her, its as if he can already face the brand new day brainstorming on his lyrics for his new songs and he felt like he can produce more just for one day, and he realized, Dara is all what he needed to keep him going. 

 

 

 

==========

 

 

"Dara....are you even listening to me?!" I heard Bom shrieked and before I can even dodge down, I already felt a piece of paper hit my face. 

 

"Yah!" I shouted and throw the crumpled paper on her table. "What was that for? Are you nuts Bom?" Bom glared at me and I could just shrink in my seat. Okay. It's my fault. I know I'm spacing out. Its just that I couldn't help but think about Jiyong. Eversince he got his dream job, we rarely see each other anymore, I know that being a music producer is very hard, I've witnessed him staying late at night, not even sleeping whenever he compose a song...and I just miss him so much. 

 

"What is the problem this time?" I felt another presence behind me and I look up to find Chaerin looking at me with her arms crossed across her chest. She pulled the chair next to me and sat facing me, her eyes never leaving me and I know that she's waiting for my answer, I looked back at Bom and she was doing the same. I sighed. 

 

"It's Jiyong...isn't it?" Bom asked and I nodded, feeling dejected. "Talk" She told me and I let out a sighed once again. "Dara...you know...Jiyong is just busy...." 

 

Bingo.

 

I looked at Bom and bit my lips, my two bestfriends, they may not be the best person in the world, we have our ups and downs but when it times of need, they were always there for me, I do not need to say anything but they know what I'm going through, they understand me and somehow, I felt a little bit at ease, at least someone could tell how frustrated I am right now. "Is he really that busy? He can't even answer my call nor reply to my text?"

 

"How many times have you contacted him?"

 

 

And that got me thinking, to be honest, I already lost count. "Ten times?!!!" Chaerin shrieked and looked at me in disbelief

 

"I don't know..." I bowed my head down. "Is that wrong?" I asked, I bit my lips thinking hard if what I did was really wrong for them to react this way.

 

"You're lucky Jiyong didn't get mad at you..." Chaerin added, and I felt myself shrinking in my seat. Cause the truth is, Jiyong and I had a little fight last night. I was texting him last night and he wasn't answering and I was really worried. I don't know how many times have I sent him a message but by the time I dialled his number I was already pissed off. So I confronted him about it and he got pissed off, we ended cutting each other's call and up until now, Jiyong is still isn't talking to me. 

 

"And now you're wondering why Jiyong got mad at you?" Bom asked, shaking her head at me. 

 

"I was just got really worried....what if something had happened to him?"  I defended myself. 

 

"Dar...if something bad had happened to him, he should have called you or at least someone had informed you..."  I felt Chaerin stood up and placed her her hands on my shoulders "What you're doing is no longer normal...any guy will really lose his sanity if you keep acting that way...come on  Dara...you have a life of your own too..and Jiyong as well..."

 

"So I'm really wrong?" I asked. 

 

I heard Bom let out a sigh and reached for my hand and held it "What we're saying is that...Even if you and Jiyong are together, it doesn't necessarily mean that your world will always revolve around each other. You guys are still individual people, that enjoys separate things, you have your own life to lead and he is too, you have to understand that, don't lose your identity Dara..."

 

"You have to remember that nothing is constant in this world. Everything will change, you and Jiyong...and you have to open up and go with the flow....go with the changes...."

 

Change. 

 

That one dreaded word that I've been avoiding. Deep inside me, I am aware of the changes that is happening in our lives. To Jiyong, most especially, and to be honest, I'm getting scared..because sometimes, I do not see the old Jiyong that I fell in love with, the Jiyong who is simple, who have eyes that sparkles everytime he makes music, now, it's different, I can see that the Jiyong now, sees his music, no longer his dream, but is something he can make money off. Working harder means more money for him, for what reason? 

 

Jiyong said its for our future. 

 

But why I felt the opposite? 

 

I felt like, he wants to be rich and earn more money so he could buy expensive things that he can show off to those people around him that he's no longer a nobody. 

 

People change...People move on...We are not an exception. 

 

But why do I feel like it was only Jiyong whos the only one moving forward and I am being left behind?