Storm

After the Rain...

 

 

 

Storm.....

 

 

"What happened to us?" Jiyong whispered but enough for Dara to hear. Him and Dara just got home from the after party at his agency. Their night started nice despite the stormy weather, they were laughing and dancing, enjoying each other's company until he has to go around and socialize with the other guest, he left her at their table and by the time that he got back, Dara is already in a foul mood and wanted to go home but he can't leave just yet, their still a lot of people at the party and he was still enjoying the night, and she suddenly stood up and walked out, he tought she was just going to the bathroom to freshen up, but an hour already had past and she still wasn't back yet, he looked for her and his blood boiled when Sohee told him she saw her exiting the bar, he followed her and found out she'd left. When he came home he saw her shoving her spare clothes to her overnight back, he confronted her and they end up yelling to each other, screaming at their top of lungs, there were slamming doors and cursing, said things so hurtful they both knew they could never take back. He silently watched Dara as she moves back and forth in his apartment, his eyes following her every move. He wondered when was the last time he had look at her closely, because right at that moment, he barely recognize her anymore. She had changed. Gone were the carefree Dara that he used to know, the angel who saved him three years ago. The understanding and sweet girl that he fell in love with. When did this happened? He asked himself. "I don't get you anymore Dara...what happened to you? You're not like this before..."

 

Dara's head snapped and looked at him, her eyes were full of anger, of sadness, and pain? "You want to know what happened to me? I got tired...that's what happened!" She screamed. 

 

And he was confused. It was clearly seen in his eyes. 

 

"You still don't get it do you?!" Jiyong could see the tears glisten in her eyes, she was looking straight in his eyes, searching for something, but he remained blank and at the same time confused..and then she shook her head, disappointed. "Why do I even bother asking you...you never cared in the first place" She chuckled bitterly, wiping the tears running down her cheeks, rather harshly. "You were never home..."

 

He never cared? Is this why she's acting like this? Is this her reason? Because he barely goes home? 

 

"I thought you understand my job? Dara! I'm doing this for us! For you! For our future!" 

 

"I don't need anything Jiyong! This?" Dara took off the diamond earrings that he gave her on her birthday, it was his gift for her because he wasn't able to celebrate it with her as he was busy working on his songs. "I don't need this!" Dara threw the earrings on the floor "And this?" She took out the clothes that he bought for her and threw them on his face "I don't need this! I don't want them!" She sobbed. "Don't you get it Ji? I don't need you to prove to me that you are worthy of me through this things, what I need is your love! What I need is to feel that I am love!"

 

"But I love you..."

 

"Really Ji? Let me ask you one thing..do you know why Bom and Chaerin left me? Do you know the reason why we're not speaking at each other anymore?"

 

They're not speaking with each other? Jiyong taught to himself.

 

"Right..You don't know anything...then let me tell you this...six months ago...right after our graduation, we heard a great news, we passed the exam at Harvard and we were offered a full scholarship...but I turned the offer down..do you know why?" She asked him and once again, he didn't answer "Its because of you Jiyong...I can't leave you...because I love you...I sacrificed because Jiyong...when you love someone, you need to give up some things to keep the two of you together..."

 

"Don't ask me to sacrifice my music Dara...you know how important it is for me..."

 

"I never ask you to and I will never ...I supported you didn't I? All I'm asking from you is to give me some of your time, that whenever you write your music, at least glance at me, to make me feel that I am still included in your life, that I am still important to you...I never asked you to prioritize me, because from the start I already knew that I can never be your number one, and I completely understand that...for three years Jiyong...I was just behind you...pushing you forward...but you never pulled me with you so we can stand together, side by side..you left me behind..." Dara sat at the coffee table facing him, he looked at as she took off  the promise ring that he gave her on her ring finger, another wave of tears run down her cheeks as she held out her hand and dropped them in his palm, his heart began to crack, then it finally shattered as he sat there looking at the ring shining in his palm "Let's end this..." She wisphered painfully "Before its too late..before we get worst..I don't want to hate you Jiyong..and I don't want to hate myself..." 

 

Jiyong's hand moved towards her, attempting to comfort her and his heart ached when she move away from him and stood up "You know I have always love your songs...but as the years go by..your songs started to be lifeless and you started to build your new home of your own dreams, when you talk you would say...I will be famous, I will write songs..that one day you will watch me at the top...but where was I in your dreams? I was searching for us in your world but I only find you...you were my world but you wouldn't let me in in yours..."

 

Jiyong remained silent all this time, carefully listening to her every words, at the corner of his eyes he watched Dara as the latter slipped her duffel bag over her shoulder and then she started walking to the front door,  she opened it then looked at him one last time and stepped out leaving the door open behind her.  

 

She was gone. 

 

Dara left.

 

And it was because of him. 

 

Her words started to sink in him. His heart screamed in agony. It wasn't Dara who had changed. It was him all this time. He neglected her, he got blinded by his thirst to prove himself to the world ,he had forgotten about her. Dara loves him too much that he had always thought that she will understand him, he took her for granted. 

 

And realization hit him. 

 

He failed. 

 

All this time, when he thought that he finally achieve his dreams, he was still a failure. 

 

He realized that it was not his status that made the people from his past leave him. It was because he was selfish. 

 

But it's not yet too late...it will never be too late...

 

With that thought, he abruptly stood up from the couch and dashed to the front door. He will get her back, it's not yet too late. 

 

He will love her the right way..this time...

 

 

 

==========

 

 

Jiyong could hear the sirens not far from his block. Under the stormy night, he could see people walking towards the corner, then they started running. He slowed down his car as he could see the crowd heading to the corner, curious to find out what had happened. He saw an ambulance at the side and he could paramedics rushing at the corner. Soon, he parked his car at the sidewalk, he got off from his car and started walking to the crowd. 

 

"Stand back!" He heard a paramedic shouted. Jiyong made his way to the front of the crowd and could finally see what was going on. He couldn't believe his eyes. The car that was wedged shut belongs to Dara. 

 

"!" He cursed. His heart stopped beating when he finally saw her. Dara was unconcious with blood all over the front of her shirt, her head was tilted back and bent to the side. Her eyes are closed and he could see blood dripping on them. 

 

"Dara!!!" He shouted. His eyes remained fix at Dara's unconcious body. He felt scared. Never in his life that he felt this scared, until tonight "Dara!!!" He tried to run to her but a policeman held him back, using his body to stopped him. "Let me through dammit! She's my girlfriend!!!" 

 

"Sir, just stand back and let them do the work..."

 

"Are you deaf?!!! I said she's my girlfriend!!!" 

 

"She got no pulsed, we have to bring to the hospital immediately! Lets work this on as we move her!" Jiyong stopped from arguing with the policeman when a medic shouted. He saw the paramedics get a stretcher, carefully placing Dara's body and slowly moving her inside the ambulance. He was trembling watching the ambulance pulled away and quickly headed down the street. 

 

Slowly, the crowed began to move away and he just stood there in the rain in shock. With knees wobbling, he went over to Dara's crumpled car and began weeping deeply. 

 

It's now too late....

 

 

=========

 

 

It was dark, the only light we have is the one coming from the moonlight. I glanced at Jiyong and I blushed when I caught him staring at me. He must've seen the blush on my cheeks and he chuckled "Jagiya...you're blushing" He teased.

 

"Will you stop that! Yah!" I shrieked, hiding my face in his chest, I slapped his arm playfully when he laughed out loud. 

 

I felt  his hand lifted up my chin, and his dreamy eyes were looking at me. My soul sighed. His brown eyes were looking at me with love "Then stop being cute..." He slyly said and I blush more. 

 

"Kwon Jiyong...are you trying to kill me?!!" I acted angry just to hide my giddiness but instead of him stopping from teasing me, he encircled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

 

"I love you.." His whispered lovingly and my heart sommersaulted. I'm so happy. My Jiyong...my old Jiyong is finally back. The simple Jiyong that I love so much.

 

"I love you too..." Jiyong held my hand tight and he leaned over. I bit my lip as I closed my eyes. It was like forever until he kissed me. My heart flew as our lips finally touched. I kissed him back with passion and love. I wanted it to last for eternity.

 

Oh how much I miss this.

 

Our lips finally part and my lips tingled, wanting more. I love what I'm feeling. The same feeling I have when I first met him. I don't want this to end. 

 

"Kiss me more..." I pouted and he chuckled. 

 

"Come on!" I felt Jiyong grabbed my hand "I wanna show you something!" He said pulling me, he dragged me all the way to the meadow. "Here! Its more romantic at night. No people...stars..with you.." He looked at me and my heart fluttered seeing his geniune smile. 

 

How much I've missed his smile. 

 

"I think I fell in love again..." I whispered to him. 

 

"I am too..." Jiyong said winking at me. 

 

"This is so beautiful..."

 

"Not as beautiful as you..." He whispered in my ear. It made me tingle and I giggled like mad. I feel like I'm a highschool teenager all over again. 

 

"Thank you..." I whispered. 

 

"For what?" 

 

"For bringing back my Kwon Jiyong...I never really like G-Dragon..." 

 

"Hmm...Thank you..." He said grinning at me and I look at him confusedly. 

 

"For what?" 

 

"You were the one who brought Kwon Jiyong back..." I smiled brightly. 

 

We were enveloped in  comfortable silence. Just enjoying watching the night sky. I was so happy. I never thought I will feel like this ever again. 

 

"Dara..."

 

"Hmm..."

 

"Be strong..neh?"

 

"Waeyo?" 

 

"Just remember...I'm just right here beside you..." I nodded. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder. I sighed in contentment...and I felt my self drifting away, falling into slumber. 

 

 

==========

 

 


Dark. 

 

It was dark when I opened my eyes. I looked up and I couldn't see anything. Just pure darkness, no stars, no clouds, no nothing. 

 

No Jiyong. 

 

I felt scared. 

 

"Jiyong!" I shouted...there was panic on my voice. "Jiyong!" I shouted once more, then I heard a door opened, but I couldn't see anything. 

 

What was happening?

 

"Dara?" Then I heard him. 

 

His voice.

 

Jiyong's voice.

 

"You're awake! Oh My God! Finally! You are awake!" I heard his voice shaking, like he was about to cry. Then I felt his arms, he pulled me into a hug. 

 

I closed my eyes, maybe I opened my eyes in the wrong way...then I slowly opened them...I blinked. 

 

It was still dark. 

 

My head started to pound as I'm beginning to remembered everything. 

 

It was a stormy night. Jiyong and I went to a party...then I walked out, we fought, we shouted at each other, I was crying. We broke up. Then I left his apartment. I was driving. 

 

Green lights...

 

Tires screeching..

 

Blinding lights...

 

Accident!

 

I was in an accident!

 

I blink my eyes again. There was nothing but darkness..not even a silhouette. 

 

My cheeks started to feel wet. I am now crying. 

 

"Jiyong-ah...I can't see....."