The Sun Amidst the Rain

After the Rain...

 

 

 

 

The Sun Amidst the Rain....

 

 

 

 

It was a cold rainy afternoon. Billions of crystal like liquid shaped like teardrops fell from the gray sky. He was soaking wet, of all the times, he chose this day to forget his umbrella. "!" He hissed under his breath. "Why me?" He looked up as if someone might answer his question. He shook his head and let out a sigh as he walk along through the damp streets towards an unknown destination.  

 

A car whizzed by him and he jumped in surprised when he felt the water splashed on his clothes. "Could this day gets any worser?" He groaned loudly.

 

His name is Kwon Jiyong...and today is not the greatest day of his life. 

 

First, his girlfriend left him, of all the days a girl chose to leave a guy, she chose a rainy day. He was in raged when she told him she's moving out of his apartment, just when he was in need of someone to cuddle, maybe make out a little bit and end the cold freaking night with a sizzling hot . 

 

Couldn't she have waited until after the rain stops? 

 

What happened to the break up ? 

 

Was he that awful that she would leave him like that? 

 

Maybe he is. 

 

The rain soaked him to the bone but he was already numb to even feel the chill, his head down. A complete epitome of a good for nothing scumbag who got nothing left to lose. 

 

He met his father today. Because his now ex-girlfriend didn't even bother cooking their last meal together before breaking up with him, he wondered if he could crash in his house, but when he got there, he was greeted by his father's new family. So much for a great day.

 

His father's family was picture perfect. A beautiful elegant wife, a brother who studies in a prominent university, top of the class, a promising carrier of his father's surname. A complete opposite of him. He doesn't have any problem with his stepmother and stepbrother, they treated him nicely. They gave him a warm welcome.

 

But that is the thing, while his father's family is treating him just right, his father acted differently. He was cold and distant towards him. 

 

How would you feel if while you're trying to chew your meal, there was him nagging him the entire time? Telling him how he's wasting his time on something unworthy. Of how he's putting his name into shame...of how great his stepbrother is...

 

Cars zoomed this way and that way, happy faces of happy people staring out at his sad form as he walked along the pedestrian pathway of Banpo Bridge. The clouds loomed ominously over him, still merciless, stll unrelenting. 

 

Music. 

 

The unworthy something. 

 

After he left his father's house, he went to an entertainment agency he was eyeing on. Few weeks before, he submitted his demo tape of his music, he was aiming to become a producer one day...he wanted to try his luck. But its been days since he went to them and still there is no reply. He went there, wanting to know that feedback. 

 

And he was answered with three simple words.

 

Your music .

 

And that was the end of his sanity. 

 

He stared at the turbulent water of Han river, disturbed by the harsh winds and falling rains. He took of his jacket and tossed it the river. He watched as the damp garment plummeted below into the waves. His hand gripped the railings as he positioned himself onto the edge, holding tightly to the railings while leaning dangerously. "I wonder how deep is this river..." He wondered. Car horns honked behind him, but no one seemed to stop or notice him. And doesn't care either. 

 

"Mister...are you going to kill yourself or you're just sightseeing?  I don't have all day, you know" A soft voice spoke from behind him. 

 

He looked back and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. A smiled crept on his lips. 

 

The sun shone right in front of him amidst the heavy rain. 

 

 

==========

 

 

Love. 

 

That's what  I feel everytime  I look at his face. He stood across the room from me, leaning against the wall. He was chatting with his friends. My heart fluttered when I saw his magnificent smile. It seemed to light up the room for seconds, like the sun rays.  I still remember the first time I met him. There was a heavy rain that faithful day, I was walking leisurely at the Banpo bridge. I saw him standing by the edge of the bridge, and seemed like he's about to jump. So I came to him and stopped him. 

 

And that day, when he smiled at me. 

 

I knew  I was done for. 

 

"Jagiya...." His voice brought me back to reality. I looked at him and met his deep brown eyes staring back at me. I felt my cheeks turned scarlet red as a giddy smile crept on my lips and he returned it with a boyish grin, I felt my heart melt instantly. 

 

"Jiyongie..." I laughed when I saw him cringed, hearing my pet name for him. He hated it but still I keep calling him that, just because I love it. I walked towards him and he greeted me with a gentle kiss on my forehead. My soul sighed with the gesture. It was sweet and quite gentlemanly. 

 

"Have you already eaten?" He asked me and just about my stomach growled, I almost forgot that I haven't eaten anything since morning. I heard him chuckled. "Yah!" I pouted and playfully slapped his arm. He kept on laughing so I kept hitting him, and when I was about to hit him once more, he caught my hands and gently pulled it towards him. My eyes glistened in delight as I watched him kiss my knuckles ever so lightly. My soul sighs for the nth time.

 

"Come on...." He told me, wrapping his arm across my shoulders as he guided me out of the door.

 

 

==========

 

 

We went to the streets and settled ourselves on one of the food stalls in the area. My eyes lit up with the sight of my favorite foods in front of me. I was having my own battle of what food to eat when I caught a glimpse of Jiyong watching me with a sad smle on his lips.

 

"Jiyongie...waeyo?" I asked. He let out a sigh and shook his head. But of course, I know him, nothing for him means definitely something. I tiptoed towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head against his chest. "Waeyo?" I asked again, hoping that this time he will answer me. But he remained silent. I looked at him with my puppy eyes and pouty lips "What's wrong?"

 

"I just feel guilty...that's all" He answered timidly. I moved closer to him when I felt him encircling his arms around my waist. "I can't even bring you to a decent restaurant..."

 

I glanced at the food in front of us for a second and looked at him again "But I love the foods here..they're my favorite" I smiled.

 

"But you deserve the best..."

 

"Ani..." I shook my head "No matter what food we eat or what places we go...it's still the best as long as you're here with me..." I told him truthfully.

 

"Chincha?"

 

I nodded eagerly. I felt relieved when a smile slowly formed on his face. I knew then that I got him. We pulled away from our hug and turned our attention back to the foods.

 

"Dara-yah..." I turned to face him when he called me. "I promise you...someday I will bring you to the most expensive restaurant here in Seoul..just stay by my side always..arasseo?" He told me leaning his forehead against mine and I nodded.

 

"I promise..."

 

His face lit up and smiled brightly at me, the same smile that he gave me that day. I giggled as I felt the little butterflies on my stomach dance happily.   

 

There goes my own sun shining brightly just for me.