3.5; Third Step and a Half

Don't Look Back

Mr. Choi POV

As I watched my daughter and Long's son leave the room, the side of my lips curled up to a wicked smile.

That is how they always address anyway. Especially Yi Jae.

"So... I guess she haven't found out yet, huh?" Long chuckled.

I glared at his direction. "None of your business. What do you want?" 

"What do I want? It's simple, really," he adjusted his tie and leaned back comfortably in his chair. "Give me... Let's say... 75% shares of the company after Tao's and Yi Jae's marriage?" He grinned.

It was too much. The request is definitely ridiculous. I stood up and slammed the table and grabbed his tie and pulled towards me. 

"You think I will allow that?!" I sneered. "How daring of you, you think I'll accept it?"

"Choi Jun Seo. Who do I think I am?" He snickered as he whipped out something from his suit and point at my gut. "Which do you think is better? Yi Jae finding out the truth, or..." he lingered the words and he shove the gun harder onto my skin. "You die? Which would be better, huh? Even though you die of she finds out the truth, what do you think Yi Jae will do? She'll still get married, to the person she loves, right?"

"Don't you dare to hurt Yi Jae, Long," I growled as I pulled his tie harder towards me. He clicked the gun and push it deeper into my skin. 

"What rights do you have to say that, when you, yourself, killed her family? He smiled widely. 

I couldn't reply, I was stunned. No doubt I bet someone close to me told him. 

Was it my brother, my dear brother who told Long before he died in his arms?

---

16 years ago

"Long, watch out!" Minhyuk screamed. However the bullet travelled faster than my voice.

"ugh..oof." Long's brother, and protector--- took in a sharp deep breath as blood flows out of the open, round wound.

"MINHYUK!" Long screamed. It was useless. Long couldn't do anything about it.

Long stood behind Minhyuk as his eyes widened in shock. As Minhyuk kneels to the ground and collapse, Long grabbed him in his arms, as he breathed his last words.

"Tak.. Take care of my niece. She may not be blood related to me but.. I'll..." He choked on his words as a tear slid out from his left eye. "I love her..." He gave a weak smile as he rested completely in Long's arms.

As Long stared at the lifeless body of Minhyuk, he took the gun hidden inside Minhyuk's pocket and shot the people he sees infront of him...

He did research by what Minhyuk meant after he was released from jail. He thought and thought...

How could Ji Hoon's daughter is missing, and then suddenly, Minhyuk have a niece?

After all, what Minhyuk meant was true then? She wasn't adopted either.

Not only that, but he also knows his brother had killed his buddy--- their buddy?

 

Although Minhyuk was his best friend, his brother, his... family, Park Ji Hoon was his brother too. 

And he have to get revenge for Ji Hoon, which Choi Jun Seo wrongfully killed him. For his sake, he'll end his own life, if it means to bring Jun Seo down with him too.

And nothing could stop him.

----

"Shut up. SHUT UP!" I screamed as I raised a hand preparing to slap Long. He stood up and pointed the gun on my sweaty forehead and raised his eyebrows.

I stopped before my hand could fly across his cheeks. I let go of his tie as I adjusted my suit and glared at him.

"Anyway, I would not allow this, no matter what." I announced. "And you will not lay a finger on Yi Jae. Or else, it won't be nice to meet you next time." I warned. I turned and slammed the door behind me.

-----------------author notes

hey guys i have updated againnnn!!!!

originally i was writing about chapter 4. But because my internet was and reloaded the page, all the data is gone U__U but its okay, it gave me a chance to write 3.5 steps!

i wrote as 3.5 steps because it happened on the same day and as you remembered, Third Step was mainly about the development of Yi Jae's and Tao's r/s together, so I seperated what happened in the room.

but now guys, you have found out the truth about Yi Jae and her dad in the chapter!!! 

But it now leads to another question: Why did her father die, and will she find out or not?

(Personally this is my most fav chapter so far cos its kinda intense hahahha)

okay anyway, i hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for taking the time to read! ^_^ 

bye!!! /waves/