Chapter 40

You're The Only One

Seohyun smiled alone. She's right now eyeing Kai that washing his car as he whistled. Sing his own rhythm that Seohyun not sure what song is that. Not as usual, Kai wake up by himself. Amazing. She do not know what is his dream last night,  Seohyun does not sure.

Finished washing his car, Kai thus peered into the kitchen. At that time, Seohyun is preparing breakfast. Kai sat without being asked. Coffee that is served for him, he drank with greed.

"Hisyy... you do not even brush your teeth yet, oppa!" Seohyun commented.                                                                                                

Kai just smiles. He stuffed his mouth with potato pancake that is still warm. After finish his breakfast, Kai hurriedly go upstairs, to get ready go to his office. Seohyun could only shook her head looked at her husband. She then continued her work in the kitchen until she heard the voice of Kai screaming calling her name. 

Seohyun quickly run to the upstairs to go to Kai's room. She saw Kai already in his office suits. His coat already hanging in a corner of the room.

Seohyun looked at Kai with puzzled look and asked, "Waeyo?"

Seohyun did not understand. What's wrong? Why Kai screamed loudly like sorts of crazy people?

"Can you tie my tie, angel?" Kai said as he handed the soft blue colored tie to his wife.

Seohyun eyes widened looked at the tie on her palm. How can she not know this tie,  that's tie that she gave to Kai once time ago. The tie that has never been touched by Kai. She felt her tears want to drop but she tried to hold it.

"I want to wear this tie," tell Kai as he see Seohyun's face changed. He knows what is in her mind. In fact, he still remembered that he says he won't touch any things that Seohyun give to him. That words still stuck in his ear.

"It's been a long time I keep this tie. Before this, I was not even aware that this tie is more beautiful than other ties. Now I see it, angel." Kai said his words one by one. He looked at Seohyun's gentle face deeply. He wants Seohyun to understand the meaning of his words. Not only understand but appreciate what he keep in his heart.

"This tie is gifted by you, angel. I want you to tie this tie for me."

Seohyun shocked. Tie this tie to him! I don't know! She played the tie in her hand for a while. She looked at Kai who was fix his attire in front of the mirror. 

"I do not know how to do this, oppa." Seohyun soft voice speak. Her hand twist the end of tie. She tried to make a few knots and ties but do not be.

"You don't know how to do? Aigoo... you have to learn how to do this, angel." Kai smiled.

Kai approach and sat beside Seohyun who is sat on his bed. Tie is changing hands. Then Kai said as he hold the tie, "Look how I do, angel."

Seohyun looked keenly at Kai's hand who hold the tie as her nose flared. That tie is turning to the right, then turned to the left. With a blink of an eye, the tie is ready.

Seohyun take the tie. She sheepishly smiled. Her face that is bright turned to bright red color suddenly.

Kai smiled. He lowered himself slightly to make it easier for Seohyun to put on the tie to him. Once done Seohyun put on the tie, Kai fix the tie a bit to look more tidy. Once again he see his appearance in the mirror. More handsome! Then she wear his coat, to complte his style."Hmm... I go first. Take care, arasso."

Quickly, Kai kiss Seohyun's cheek before hurrying go to the downstairs, leaving her dazed momentarily.

Seohyun smiled to herself. She stepped to Kai's closet. She open the closet and her eyes shine as she see many of collection of tie that hanging. Thus, she reached  one tie that is hanging. Then she sat at the side of the bed. She try to tie. Want to practice!


Half an hour later, Kai steps into his office. Wide smile etched on his lips. Occasionally his hand touched the soft blue colored tie that he wear. Everytime he sees the tie, he remembered Seohyun's shy behavior. Her face expression, her speech, all make him smiled. Paradise Holdings office staff smiled with relief. Good mood of their boss lately contributed to the relaxed atmosphere in the office. With clutching his briefcase, Kai did not continue to enter his office, instead he headed to Luhan's office. He knocked the door. Without waiting for an answer, he frankly step inside to Luhan's office."You?" Luhan voice sounded suprised. File scattered in front of him pushed  aside. He stood 

up from his chair, approached Kai who walked towards him.

"Congratulations!" Kai said. He extended his hand to shake hands with Luhan but not welcomed by Luhan. Then he said, "I know you're still angry with me about that night but right now I come here with sincere intention."

"Sincere!" Luhan snapped angrily. "This all your tricks, right? You deliberately want to keep me away from Joohyun."

Crazy! Luhan accused with no solid proofs. Luhan seems to have started to prejudiced. Indeed Kai did not know anything about Luhan exchange his workplace to Jeju for Project Paradise Holdings operates there. He know about this through his appa but a bit of his heart felt relieved. At least he does not have to worry about the competition to win Seohyun's heart anymore."You think I'm a coward

?" Kai said calmly. He sat on a chair without being asked. "I will not change your workplace just because of a girl. Your transfer to Jeju because of the instance of the board of directors. It's because you're the most qualified. This is you chance to build your career. What, are you going to miss this chance just because of a woman? Don't be stupid. Try think smartly, can you?"

Luhan silent. Kai took the oppurtunity to talked again."We both love Joohyun. But she had become my wife. I hope you understand and I understand that you and her are bestfriend. I will not forbid that. That

's not my right to break the friendship between you and Joohyun."

He swallowed

his saliva. "One more thing, I want to apologize about the previous events. About I punch you that day. I do not know how to control my emotions. Sorry, okay?"

Luhan did not answer. His handngently touching his lips that still feels hurt. Due to Kai punches, he had fever that night. He got two days off.

"So, friends?" Kai extended his hand again to shake hands with Luhan.

This time without a doubt Luhan accept it. Smile etched on his lips. "I have forgotten about that," he said sincerely. "But I want to give you advance warning. You should never played with Joohyun's feelings. Prove that you really love her, can you?"

Kai nodded.

"I do not want to see her sad anymore. If I was not here, you don't ever leave her."

Kai frowned. "I'll never do that to her. I really love her. I think the longer I know her. I know she was a perfect woman, superb.... amazing..."

"By the way, I have a request." Luhan words make Kai looked at him with full of questions expression.