Of Fanfiction and Rockband

Torment - Zelo's POV

     I hesitated before knocking on the door. Emma had said I was welcome any time, and Yongguk thought it would be a good idea for me to do something out of the house. So there I was, standing outside Emma's apartment, debating with myself about whether or not I should knock. I was starting to think it was a bad idea and that I should just go home when I suddenly reached up and knocked. Some days I could swear my hand has a mind of its own. “Yes” Emma's mom said as she opened the door. “Hello, uh... are Emma and Bethany here?” I asked in English, trying to be polite. “Yeah, they're here, come in” she said as she let me in and showed me to the living room before walking toward the small hallway. I sat down on the couch and saw an open notebook sitting on the coffee table in front of me with a small stuffed panda sitting on top. This must be Tao, I thought, looking at the purple and white panda that had a red ribbon tied around it's neck in a bow. When I looked at the writing in the notebook, I noticed that there was a few words written in hangul, which caught my attention. I decided to skim through the page. There was something about fighting vampires and most of the hangul on the page was names of various singers with a few words mixed in. I noticed that my own name was one that showed up the most. I decided to move the panda off and flip to the beginning of the notebook to see what this was all about. 'Chapter one' was written at the top of the first page. It didn't take me long to figure out that I was reading a fanfiction. “I see Tao didn't do a very good job of protecting my notebook” Emma said, startling me and causing me to drop the notebook. She laughed at my reaction. “Mian, I should have asked first” I quickly apologized as I picked up the notebook and put it back where I found it. “Don't worry about it, I post the chapters on the internet as I finish them anyway” she said, making me feel not so bad about reading it. “So... you write fanfiction?” I said as I looked at the notebook again. “We both do” Bethany said as she sat down beside me. “So what do you think of that one?” Emma asked, sitting on my other side. “Interesting, one question though, do you have a crush on me?” I said, causing her face to flush red. “I may or may not have a slight crush on you” she replied in a high-pitched voice that I never would have thought her capable of. “Slight?” Bethany said, raising an eyebrow. Emma sighed as she covered her eyes with both hands. “She's had a crush on you since you topped her bias list in May” Bethany told me. “NOT TRUE!!!” Emma exclaimed. “I didn't decide it was a crush until July” she mumbled to finish. I laughed as I threw my arms around their shoulders, catching them both by surprise, and pulling them into a hug.

     We sat there and talked for a while, but eventually we ran out of things to talk about. That's when Bethany started singing. “Germany! Germany! Germany is a really, really nice place. Even though I'm your prisoner, you give me food, and it doesn't like English food” she sang in English, causing Emma to burst out laughing. “What?” I said, feeling confused and a little left out. “It's Italy's song to Germany from Hetalia” Emma explained. “okay” I said, I'd heard of Hetalia, but I never read or watched it. It took a few moments before we realized that Bethany had stopped singing. “Why'd you stop?” Emma asked. “I don't remember the rest of the words” Bethany replied. “You , neither do I” Emma told her while laughing. It surprised me to hear say that so lightly. “Why did you say that?” I asked. “'You '? I say it to everyone, especially people doing things that I can't” she answered. “It's true, I hear it all the time” Bethany added. Then Emma decided to randomly sing something else. “Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry” she sang so quietly that we could barely hear her. Me and Bethany both looked at her curiously. “Sorry, I have another song stuck in my head” she apologized. I don't think she even realized that she had switched to speaking English. “What song?” Bethany asked bewildered. “You guys don't know Paranoid by Black Sabbath?” Emma said. We both stared at her blankly. “Okay, now we have to play Rockband” she said. “You never mentioned that before” I told her. “Didn't I mention it?” she said, looking at Bethany. Bethany just shook her head. “I could have sworn I had, must have just been in my head” she finished. “It was all~ in your imaagination~. But we really should play Rockband” Bethany said. “Okay, Zelo's singing” Emma replied, catching me by surprise. “Why me?” I whined, causing the two of them to snicker a little. “Well I'm not singing and Bethany's not singing, should we get my mom to sing?” Emma offered. “NO!!!” I heard shouted from another room. “Well, why can't I play an instrument?” I asked. “Because we only have two guitar controllers and it's already been made clear that we're not singing” Bethany answered. With that, they started pulling out controllers and we spent the rest of the afteroon playing Rockband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SURPRISE!!!

I'm not dead!

I just combined writers block with school starting and procrastination. But I've finally updated, and that fanfic that Zelo read is an actual idea that I've had that I don't want to start because I'm already writing two fanfictions and plenty of other ideas forcing their way into my head. but for now enjoy the update and I hope that my next one won't beso long in coming