Don't Touch the Giraffe Either!

Torment - Zelo's POV

     Nothing special happened over lunch, we just talked and ate our food. I found out that Bethany had a stuffed giraffe named Chanyeol. “Do you have stuffed animals named after every member of EXO?” I asked on the way to chemistry class. “No, just Baozi and Chanyeol. Although Emma has a panda named Tao” Bethany said, petting her giraffe. “How did this one end up being named Chanyeol anyway?” Ren asked. “I thought he looked like he was smiling so Emma suggested Chanyeol” Bethany explained. Ren nodded, satisfied with her response. We walked into the classroom to find that Minhyun had saved seats for us. “Hey” he said as Bethany removed his feet from the seat next to his. I smiled as I took a seat on the end and Ren sat between me and Bethany. “Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen you smile before” Minhyun commented. “It's because I've never really had a reason to smile around you” I responded. “True enough” he said while nodding. “This is Chanyeol” Bethany interjected, holding up the small giraffe in front of his face. “He's just as cute a Baozi” he said, reaching out to pet it. “Don't touch my Chanyeol either!” she exclaimed as she pulled it away from him. “Great, something else I can't touch” Minhyun muttered. After a few minutes, a piece of paper flew from behind us and hit Bethany in the head. “YA!!!” she shouted, turning around to see who threw it. “Sorry,” Baekho said with a smug grin on his face, “was aiming for Minhyun.” Bethany gave him the same angry pout that she had given Minhyun yesterday. “You shouldn't be throwing things at anyone” she said angrily. “But it's kinda what I do” he argued. “Too bad!” she replied, causing the rest of us to laugh. “Do I need to split you up so we don't have a repeat of yesterday?” the teacher threatened. “No ma'am” we all said in unison. “Good” she said as she started the lesson.

     After chemistry, it was pretty much the same as yesterday. We left the classroom, Emma joined us in the hall, and we sat together in math. Math class went the same too, we were given a note and left to our own devices. “Listen close, maybe you'll hear the gears turning” Emma said, pointing at Bethany. “Don't forget the hamster!” Bethany added as we all started to laugh. “I wish we could have people like you in our group instead of JR” Ren said wistfully. “Don't be like that, there's gotta be some reason he's such a prick” Emma said, me and the others started to snicker a little. “What? It's the best word I could come up with” she said defensively. We all started laughing even harder and eventually Emma joined us. After that, we all went back to our math work. All except for Emma, she was humming along to her music as she read her book. As we sat there, I felt like I should've known the song she was humming, then it hit me. “Are you listening to Hurricane?” I asked her, pulling one of her earbuds out so she could hear me. “Yep” she said, flashing a smile. “Ooh, let me listen” Ren said, eagerly grabbing the earbud I had pulled out of her ear and sticking it in his own. Emma and I looked at him curiously. “What, I'm not allowed to like BAP songs?” he asked. “Not according to JR” Minhyun said. “Well JR is an ” Bethany stated. Me, Minhyun, and Ren stared at her in disbelief. “I'm not as innocent as I look” she said. “Trust her, I have more innocence than she does” Emma added. “Aren't maknaes supposed to be innocent?” Minhyun asked. I noticed an evil grin spread across Ren's face. Bethany gave Minhyun the most innocent face she could muster. “Yeah... but we aren't” she said, her expression changing to an evil grin matching Ren's. “Not in our case at least” Emma said, gazing over at Bethany.

     The class went with the seconds ticking away slowly. Finally, it did end and everyone rushed out of the room as quickly as possible, eager to start their weekends. “Umm... Ren, I'm going to need my other earbud back before you leave” Emma said, holding out her hand. “Oh, yes, of course. Sorry about that” he said, pulling it out of his ear and setting it in her hand. “We have to go now, see you on Monday” Minhyun said as he grabbed Ren's arm and walked away. “Bye!” Bethany exclaimed while waving with both hands. Ren managed to wave back just before Minhyun dragged him out of the door. “Well, we should probably be heading to our lockers right about now” Emma said once she had finished gathering her things. I let her lead the way as we stepped out of the classroom. “So, plans for the weekend?” Emma asked as we reached our lockers. “Not really, probably just kick around the house like I normally do” I replied. “Good to know I'm not the only person who does that” Emma said, pulling her locker open. “Maybe we should hang out together. Me and Emma still need to learn our way around” Bethany suggested. “That could be fun, how about we start with this afternoon?” I said eagerly. “Sure, we just have to check with my mom first” Emma said as she finished getting her things out of the locker. “Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to leave” she said, holding up her skateboard. I smiled as we made our way to the door and left the building. We had to wait a while before we could leave though because Bethany had some trouble with her bike lock. It wasn't until Emma helped her that it came off. After that, it didn't take long to get back to their apartment. “You can come in with us, we may take a while and my mom might be a bit more comfortable with us being out with you if she meets you first” Emma said as they walked toward the door. “Oh, okay” I said, quickly following them in.

     The first thing I noticed when I stepped into their apartment was the size. “Three people live here?” I asked in astonishment. My home was more than four times the size and it felt crowded with six people. “Yeah, but it's not so bad because me and Bethany like to get out a lot so it's mostly just my mom at home” Emma replied. “Carrie! We're home!” Bethany called. I had thought Emma was short until I met her mother. The difference in their height was about the same as the height difference between Emma and Bethany. “Isn't he on one of those posters in your room?” her mom asked, pointing at me. “Mom~” Emma complained. “Yeah, a couple” Bethany answered her. “How embarrassing” Emma groaned as she facepalmed. “You have posters of me in your room?” I asked. “Posters of BAP actually, but yes” Emma admitted. “I had hoped that you wouldn't find out about them, but it's too late now” she added. I noticed that her face had turned bright red out of embarrassment as she asked about her and Bethany hanging around with me for the afternoon. As soon as her mom said yes, she was eager to get out the door after dumping her bag in her room. Bethany however, took her sweet time putting her things away. “I need to take my stuff home now” I said. “Lead the way” Emma said.

     Taking my things home was a much faster trip that with Emma and Bethany. I let them wait outside as I took my bag in. Luckily, I was the first person home so I didn't have any nosey hyungs, namely Jongup, pestering me about where I was going. “So, where should we go?” I asked once I was back outside. “I don't know, I want bubble tea right now for some reason. Do you want bubble tea? We should go get some bubble tea!” Emma said all in one breath. I had no idea how to respond. “Breathe unnie” Bethany said. “Is it normal for you to do one-breath rants?” I asked. “Yeah, pretty normal” Emma answered with a nod. I shrugged, still slightly baffled at how she could do that. “Since unnie suggested it, we should go for bubble tea” Bethany said. “Why not” I sighed as I led them to the nearest cafe that served bubble tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, my mother makes an appearance, I thought she never would. so Bethany and Ren doing maknae and... yeah. please leave me a pretty comment^^ I need something to read when I'm waiting for other fanfics to update