A Good Day... For Once

Torment - Zelo's POV

     I woke up with my alarm again the next morning. This time, I remembered that the clock was on the dresser and not my nightstand. It was still there because I hadn't had time to move it back the day before. I quickly got out of bed and got dressed. I actually had something to look forward to at school. “Junhong-ssi! Are you smiling, or is that just my imagination?” Jongup teased when I came out of my room. “Nope, he's actually smiling” Himchan replied after taking a look at my face. I shrugged it off. I was in a good mood and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it. It hadn't even bothered me when Jongup used my real name. “I think I'm going to board to school today” I said, holding up one of my skateboards. “Wow, he must be in a good mood today. He hasn't ridden a skateboard to school in forever” Youngjae commented. I just smiled as I got my shoes on and left. As I rode along the street, I heard someone call my name. I looked over and saw Emma and Bethany walking out of their apartment building, apparently having had the same idea that I had. I made sure to stop in front while they walked down to the street. “Great day for a ride, eh?” Emma said to me as she put her skateboard down on the pavement and stepped on it. I smiled and nodded as Bethany got onto her bike. “Race ya!” Emma shouted as she took off down the street. “Unnie~ Unfair!” Bethany whined as she rode after her friend. I laughed, taking off after both of them. It didn't take long before I caught up to Emma. “How long have you been riding?” I asked, noticing that her balance was still a little wobbly. “Um, month and a half-ish” she replied. The way she phrased it made me burst out laughing. “Oppa, why are you laughing?” Bethany asked. “Just me” Emma said, flashing a quick smile. Just before we reached the school, Emma lost her balance and fell into me knocking both of us off skateboards, allowing Bethany to win our little race. “Unnie! Oppa! I won!” she exclaimed happily. We all laughed as I stood up and helped Emma up.

     After, we went inside to go to our lockers. I was somewhat surprised that I didn't end up inside my locker as soon as I had it open. In fact, JR never came by and I managed to stay out of my locker altogether. At least for the morning I'm safe, I thought. “You seem relieved about something” Emma said. She must have seen the look on my face. “Today's the first time I haven't gotten shoved into my locker by JR” I explained. “Oh yeah, I think I heard you in your locker yesterday morning” Bethany commented. “Probably” I sighed. “How do you think Jongup would feel if I started calling him Moontos?” Emma asked randomly. Both me and Bethany looked at her curiously. “Mian, random thought” she apologized. “I think you should do it, just to see how he reacts” I said. An evil grin spread slowly across her face. “Oh, trolling people is so much fun” Emma giggled. “Oh God, she's gone into troll mode!” Bethany exclaimed. I laughed. “You seem to be in a good mood today” I said to Emma. “It's because Bethany didn't wake me up at four AM this morning” she replied with a laugh. “I was excited!” Bethany whined. We all laughed as we walked to the English classroom.

     English class went slow as ever, except one moment when Bethany finally realized who exactly the teacher was. Other than Bethany singing Trap in class, it was fairly normal. After, we walked together to music class. Ren ended up tagging along because he was also in our English class. “And the teacher of the day is...” Emma said as we entered the music room. “Youngjun of Led Apple” she finished, staring wide-eyed at the man at the front of the room. “Huh, never had him as a teacher before” Ren commented. We stood there for a while before Bethany and Ren decided to go and find seats. “Ow!” I heard from behind me once they had left. I turned around to see what had happened. I saw Emma holding JR's arm so it was twisted around behind his back and he was forced into a kneeling position. “Owowowletgoletgoletgo” he mumbled. “Mianhae, reflexes” she apologized as she released his wrist. He shot her a glare before stalking away rubbing his shoulder. “What was that?” I asked once he was gone. Emma shrugged, “he was trying to sneak up behind you and my reflexes kicked in.” I shrugged as we walked over to where Bethany was sitting. “Where'd Ren go?” Emma asked when she noticed he wasn't anywhere nearby. “He left when JR walked in the room. He hid when you used your ninja reflexes on JR” Bethany replied. I laughed when she referred to it as 'ninja reflexes'. “He said something about JR not being in a good mood” Bethany continued. “When is JR ever in a good mood?” I muttered. “Hyung, don't be like that” Emma said. “You called me hyung” I said, not even trying to hide my shock. “Yep” she said without hesitation. “I'm a bit of a tomboy” she explained. “Your skateboard would disagree” I mumbled, thinking of the big pink flower on the centre of the grip tape. She clearly heard me because I felt something hit my shoulder and when I looked over she was holding a paperback notebook in her hand. “Is there a problem over there?” the teacher asked. “No, no problem” we both said at the same time. We continued to talk for a while until the class started.

     “Why do your favourite classes always seem to go by the fastest?” Emma asked at the beginning of lunch. “Because you enjoy them and time flies when you're having fun” Bethany answered in a matter-of-fact tone. I smiled listening to them conversing as we walked to our lockers. Once we got there, Emma opened their locker and I opened mine. I was almost anticipating a repeat of what happened yesterday. Instead, the only member of Nu'est who came near my locker was Ren. “Hey, uh... do you mind if I have lunch with you?” he asked, smiling innocently. “Why not” Bethany said excitedly. “Is it just me, or are you avoiding JR?” Emma questioned him. “Well... yes” Ren answered nervously. “Why?” I asked, curious to know why he would be avoiding one of his groupmates. “Well, you see, JR was late to school today, and he's always in a really bad mood on days he's late” Ren explained. “That explains why you pulled a disappearing act in music class” Emma said, nodding thoughtfully. “I get the feeling that you're afraid of JR” I commented. Ren smiled nervously in response. “I'd take that as a 'yes I am'” Emma whispered to me as we walked to the cafeteria.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zelo finally has a good morning at school without too many hangups ^^