Don't Touch the Panda

Torment - Zelo's POV

     By the time we reached the next class, there was only two seats left. Next to Minhyun and Ren. I 'let' Bethany sit next to Minhyun and I sat on the end. I tried to ignore the fact that a three-way conversation had started up next to me. After a while, Bethany tapped my arm. “Zelo oppa” she said, “you should join our conversation. They want to talk to you.” I gazed warily over at the two boys on the other side of her. Ren smiled and waved at me. “I have nothing to say to them” I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. I really didn't want to talk to them. They were always around JR whenever he started to pick on me. They just stood and watched every time I got shoved into my locker. “He makes fun of us too, you know” Ren said, leaning over the desk so he could see me more easily. I just glared at him until he shrunk back into his seat. Bethany slapped me on the shoulder as she exclaimed, “YA! Choi Junhong! Be nice!” I shot her a glare for using my real name. She just stared right back, completely unfazed by my scrutiny. “Hmph” I grunted as my focus shifted back to what the teacher was doing. “AIGOO!!!” Bethany exclaimed as she slapped me upside the head. I heard Ren's muffled snickering from the other end of the table as it happened. I glared at him again and he shut up right away. No wonder he doesn't stand up to JR. It only takes one hard look to intimidate him.

     I started to rub the back of my head where Bethany had hit me. She's stronger than she looks, I thought. As I looked down to the desk, I noticed Baozi was sitting there halfway between me and Bethany. Minhyun must have noticed where I was looking because, next thing I know, his hand reached over and snatched away the small stuffed animal. “Who's is this?” he asked, examining the toy. “MINE!!!” Bethany exclaimed as she yanked it right out of his hands. I had to try really hard not to laugh at the shocked look on his face when she did it. This time Ren just burst out laughing at what happened, until a glare from the teacher silenced him. He covered his mouth with both hands as he kept laughing. I was surprised that he was still sitting upright with how hard he was laughing. “It's not funny” Minhyun pouted, which made me want to laugh even more. Bethany looked at him and said, “but it really is.” Minhyun almost joined me and Ren when Bethany wiggled her eyebrows at him. “What's your name?” he asked, “I'm Minhyun.” Bethany looked like she was on the verge of fangirling, again, as she said, “I'm Bethany.” Then she held up the panda and said, “and this is Baozi.” she smiled at them, then Minhyun tried to touch Baozi again. “Don't. Touch. MY BAOZI!” she said as she pulled it out of his reach. He raised his hands defensively as he said, “I only wanted to look at him.” Bethany stuck out her lower lip in a sort of angry pout as she retaliated with a firm “No!” in English. It took everything I had not to laugh at the events unfolding beside me. Ren, however, was killing himself laughing at the other end of the desk. Maybe they aren't so bad, I thought when I saw what they were like without JR constantly glaring at them.

     After getting to know the two boys for a few minutes, I saw something hit Ren in the back of the head. That's when I realized who I was sitting in front of. Baekho. JR's closest friend and right-hand man. “Hyung~ why'd you do that?” Ren whined as he turned around to face Baekho. “You know you shouldn't be talking to him” he said, gesturing toward me. “But he's a really nice guy and I like him” Ren pouted. This time it was Bethany's turn to snicker at what was going on. Baekho just glared at Ren as he stated, “what do you think JR would do if he found out?” I heard Ren let out a soft whimper as he lowered his gaze to his feet and bit his lip. “Ya! Kang Dongho! Why are you so mean?” Bethany exclaimed. Baekho was slightly taken aback hearing Bethany use his real name. “How do you...” Baekho started, but was cut off by Bethany saying, “the internet.” I laughed when I looked at Baekho to see his mouth hanging open. “What? You can find anything on the internet... and I mean ANYTHING!” Bethany said, giving her eyebrows another wiggle. Ren and Minhyun burst into another fit of laughter when they heard and saw her. The teacher shot the two of them another glare to make them shut up again.

     Several conversations, arguments, and glares from the teacher later, the class ended. I walked out of the classroom followed by my three new companions. “So, what do all of you have next?” I asked as I turned around to face them. “MATH!” they all groaned simultaneously, the two boys resting their heads on top of Bethany's. I started off down the hallway in the direction of the math classroom and the three of them followed close behind. “How'd it go being alone with super-fangirl?” I heard from an adjoining hallway. I turned to see Emma walking down the hall with a smile plastered to her face. “I see you've doubled your numbers” she said, then she turned to Ren and Minhyun to introduce herself, “my name is Emma.” She shook hands with the two others as they introduced themselves and we continued towards the next class. “I take it you have math next too, eh” Emma said as she walked up beside me. “Yeah, and so do they” I said, gesturing towards our three companions behind us. Then I realized something, “did you just say 'eh'? I thought that was just a stereotype.” She looked up at me and smiled, “yes I did, I admit that Canadians do say it more than we realize, but we don't finish every sentence with it.” I just smiled and laughed as we entered the classroom and took our seats.

     In class, the teacher gave us a note on quadratic equations then left us to start the homework. The first few questions were easy, but they were getting harder as I got down the list. I leaned over to Bethany and whispered, “are these math questions or an alien language?” Bethany started laughing quietly causing Minhyun to look at her curiously. So she repeated my joke to him and made him laugh too. I looked over to Emma to tell her too and saw her reading a book instead of working. “Shouldn't you be doing your homework?” I asked her. She didn't respond, that's when I realized that she had headphones in. I had to tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. When she pulled out her one earbud, I repeated my question. “I finished that while the teacher was still talking” she said. “We forgot to tell you, Emma's a math genuis or something” Bethany told me. I laughed as I looked over at Emma and she just smiled at me. “Maybe you could help me then” I suggested, she leaned over to look at my page. “Well you're doing good so far” she commented. I rolled my eyes at her and her smile broadened. “You have a pretty smile” I said, then I realized how weird that sounded. “So I've been told” she said while laughing. Bethany looked over to see what Emma was laughing at and started laughing herself. “What?” I asked. “You have what Emma would refer to as an 'oh !' look on your face” Bethany told me. I pouted, causing them to laugh even harder. “You should get back to work sweetie” Emma said, the her eyes widened and she covered out of embarrassment again. I laughed as I went back to my work.

     After class, I was the first person into the hallway because I wanted to get to my locker before I had to worry about JR. Sadly, it didn't work and he still shoved me into my locker. This time was different though, he didn't say anything, he just pushed me in and closed the door. I grabbed my phone as quickly as I could and texted Jongup for help. Eventually, I heard voices outside the locker and I figured Jongup must have run into the girls on the way. I waited for a while as they continued their conversation but it didn't seem to have an end. “Hello! Boy trapped in locker here!” I shouted to get their attention. “Sorry” Jongup said as he opened the door and helped me out. “By the way, what does 'NES' mean?” Bethany asked. “Nu'Est Situation” me and Jongup said at the same time. “So, what are you guys doing now?” I asked. Emma pulled out her cellphone and flipped through a few things before answering, “we have to meet someone at the TS building.” “Maybe we could convince Himchan hyung to give them a ride, we have to go there anyway” Jongup suggested. Bethany's eyes widened at the mention of Himchan. “Her favourite members of BAP are Himchan and Yongguk” Emma explained. The four of us made our way out of the building together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be proud of me, I finished another chapter. and I do admit that I have a crush on Zelo so you don't have to speculate over that

In other news, check out my co-author's POV for this story

LINK!!!: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/482270/torment-bethany-s-pov-zelo-bap-nuest

^^ until next chapter :P