Careful Not to Step in the Fangirl

Torment - Zelo's POV

     By the time we got outside, Himchan and Youngjae were already waiting in the car. “New friends?” Himchan asked, nodding at the girls. Bethany was grinning like an idiot when she saw Himchan. I nodded, “this is Emma and Bethany. They need a ride and Jongup thought you could help.” Himchan nodded thoughtfully. “One problem though, there's four of you and only three seats in the back” he said. I bit my lip, we hadn't thought about that. “It's alright, Bethany, Jongup and Zelo are skinny enough that I think we can fit” Emma told him. “You're skinny” I said to her. “yeah, but I have hips, you guys don't” she retorted. Bethany gave her a dejected look as Jongup was already climbing into the back seat. I followed behind him. Emma tried to make Bethany get in next, but Bethany pushed her in next to me, got in, and closed the door before Emma could do anything about it. Bethany smiled evilly as Emma glared at her. “Do you realize that we're sitting in order by our age?” Emma commented as we drove away. “Really?” Jongup asked, “I thought Bethany was older.” Emma nodded. “If I had been born three months earlier I would have been older” Bethany pouted. Emma reached over and patted her on the shoulder. “At least you're tall. I feel like almost everyone here is taller than me” Emma said, half teasingly. “Well everyone in the car is” Bethany said while grinning, before Emma smacked her upside the head. “Unnie~” Bethany whined. “Do need to come back there?” Himchan asked threateningly. “No” we all mumbled, falling into silence.

     Even though it was only a few minutes, the ride seemed to last forever because we rode the rest of the way in silence. Finally though, we arrived. Bethany opened the door as soon as we had stopped. “REVENGE!!!” Emma shouted as she shoved Bethany out with her foot. Bethany pouted from where she was now sitting on the pavement as Jongup and I burst out laughing. Yongguk walked up behind Bethany without her noticing. “Are you alright?” he asked, holding out his hand to help her up. She took his hand, her eyes widened again as she stood up. She opened to say something but Emma quickly covered it before she could make a sound. Yongguk looked at Emma curiously. “Trust me, you don't want to know what she was about to say” she said. I nodded in agreement, I'd only known them for a day, but I knew Emma was right. Yongguk shrugged as he turned and started walking toward the company building, the rest of us followed behind. We were greeted by a few of the building staff members as we entered. “Emma and Bethany?” a women asked as the two girls walked in behind me. “That would be us” Emma said. “Follow me please” she said, smiling sweetly. She sharply turned around on her heels and started walking away without any response. Emma and Bethany had to quickly run after her before they lost her. I looked over and saw Daehyun waiting silently off to the side for the rest of us. “Are you guys ready to dance?” Yongguk asked as we started walking toward the practice rooms. “I'm always ready!” Jongup said eagerly. As soon as we had entered the practice room, Yongguk ran over to the stereo to hook up his Ipod. He hit the play button and One Shot started playing. We all got into our starting positions as the intro played. Then, we started to dance.

     One Shot finished and the next song that started playing was Warrior. I grinned, thinking of earlier. Before we could start the dance, we were interrupted by the woman who had walked away with Bethany and Emma. The two girls walked in behind her, followed by a boy carrying a clipboard. He didn't look like he could be much older than them. “I trust you will have no problems working with the new trainees” the woman said before sharply turning around and walking out of the room. “No problem at all” Yongguk muttered once she was out of earshot. “Hey Zelo, this is Wyatt. He's our manager and a friend from back in Canada” Emma said, dragging the boy with the clipboard toward me. “Hola” he said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I smiled as I reached out and shook it. “You know Spanish?” Jongup asked, I rolled my eyes at him. “Yep, he taught himself, like how I taught myself Korean” Emma said proudly. “Si” Wyatt responded, causing her to start laughing. “You should probably go now Wyatt, we need to practice” Emma said, ushering him out the door. “Shouldn't you technically call me oppa?” he asked from the doorway. “Yes, but I am not calling you oppa” Emma said, closing the door in his face. I looked over at Bethany to see an evil looking grin on her face. She had Yongguk's Ipod in her hands. “I know a song that will make Emma melt into a fangirl puddle” she said. “You wouldn't dare!” Emma said menacingly. “I would” Bethany replied, wiggling her eyebrows as she hit the play button. Coffee Shop started playing, but it had been set forward to start at my part. Emma sighed as she fell backwards into me. Her body's gone completely limp, I thought as I caught her so she didn't hit the floor. “See?” Bethany said, “Fangirl puddle.” I nodded, snapping my fingers in front of her face in an attempt to snap her out of it. “She'll snap out of it once the song ends” Bethany told me. “Whoa, she's like a ragdoll” Jongup said, picking up her arm then letting it fall limply to her side. Just then, the song ended. “Bethany” Emma groaned angrily as she stood on her own again. Then she looked down to my arms wrapped around her waist and looked up at me as she smiled. I laughed as I let her go and I heard Bethany laugh too. “I'm going to kill you for this later” Emma said, walking up to Bethany. “You'll have to catch me first!” Bethany shouted. “Oppa, protect me!!!” she exclaimed as she darted behind Yongguk and threw her arms around his waist. “Uh... What?” Yongguk said as the rest of us started laughing.

     We danced for several hours, taking quick breaks occasionally to eat and to pry Bethany off of Himchan or Yongguk... or both. By the time we left, it was already dark. “Alright, who's going with who?” Himchan asked once we reached the parking lot. “I can take the younger ones and you can take the older ones” Yongguk suggested. “Works for me” Himchan said, getting into his car and starting it. Yongguk started walking toward his own car. “SHOTGUN!!!” Bethany shouted, running after him. “of course she would” Emma muttered as we followed behind. When we caught up, Bethany was already sitting in the passenger seat. “Climb in” Yongguk said, putting the key in the ignition and starting the car. Me and Emma climbed into the backseat. “Where do you guys live?” he asked Bethany as he pulled out of the parking lot. “I don't remember the address” Bethany pouted. She thought for a moment before continuing, “all I remember is that it's an apartment building that's really close to the school.” Yongguk nodded as he drove off. We searched around streets hoping Bethany would recognize something. Eventually, we found it. “That's it!” Bethany exclaimed, pointing at a building. Yongguk pulled up in front of the building. I had to nudge Emma because she had fallen asleep. We both got out of the car and said goodbye before I climbed into the front seat. “They're nice” Yongguk said as he started driving down the street toward our home. “Yeah” I mumbled, trying to stay awake until we got home. Once we got there, I went straight to my room and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chappie 5. Enjoy Bethany's evil maknae-ness. and me as a fangirl puddle. and manager Wyatt. although I actually do melt whenever I listen to Coffee Shop