XXIII

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

There was a change in her. Lina could feel it. It was subtle when she woke up the following morning, but definitely there. She couldn’t exactly pin point what it was though. It felt like she was in another skin, as if overnight she had shredded away the old and was left with this new body suit. She blinked furiously, adjusting her eyes to focus on her surroundings. The alarm clock was going to go off in half an hour so Lina was awake much too early.

White noise rang in her ears. It was like all her senses were being tuned; dials were turning to get the right reception. Lina brought her fingers up to tap her ears. At that moment it felt like they were blocked with water. All sound, if any, was muffled and absorbed by non-existent liquid. She moved her jaw, opening and closing, and finally she was free of the silence.

She could hear footsteps from downstairs. Her dad probably, getting ready to leave to start his early shift. But the sound was so fresh in her ears, like he was literally walking in her ear canal. She could hear trees rustling, and skittering of small animals. Lina was beginning to feel overwhelmed by so much sound, all in one go. She blinked once more, squeezing her eyes shut and then it stopped. Her hearing was fine. Normal, in fact.

Lina sighed softly, glad that it was at an okay volume. She wouldn’t be able to sleep anymore hence took off the blankets and wandered into the bathroom. A nice hot shower might make her feel better.

But it didn’t really. When she was done with freshening up, her skin still felt odd. Her alarm clock finally went off and she almost cried. The shrill sound used to be just loud enough to stir her out of slumber but now it was hurting her. Her head throbbed in a headache. All this loudness was going to make her pummel her head into the ground. Once the damned thing was turned off, everything was silent again. Thank god, because she couldn’t take any more noise.

The place where the needle had entered and broken her skin was patched up. There was not a single trace of a scab or scar. At least that was something to be pleased about. There would be no curious questions about it.

It didn’t take a genius to work out what was happening. The serum was working. She would be one of them soon. What would her father think of that? Ridding her mind of any more thoughts, she dressed for school. She was still early so made the decision to walk to school instead of taking the bus.

She needed some time to think; yesterday evening just wasn’t enough.

Pulling on her winter gear, she grabbed a piece of toast that her dad had left out for her, gulped down some orange juice and sprinted out the door. The cold air didn’t bother her as much. In fact she welcomed it. It felt soothing on her warm cheeks.

There was the nagging thought about Sehun. Part of her wondered if he knew about what his father was obviously planning but she gave him the benefit of the doubt. He wouldn’t do that to her, she was sure of it.

But that didn’t mean she couldn’t have a little fun with it. Lina almost laughed out loud at her newly formulated plan. Yes, she was still angry at him. She couldn’t help but vent it out on him seeing as he was the Alpha’s son.

Lina wouldn’t be too hard on him; just a little cold shoulder wouldn’t hurt.

 

Lina had arrived to school ten minutes early. She tended to walk slowly when she felt like it and it was one of those days. She could feel his presence before she heard him walking over to her. There was a magnetic pull towards Sehun but she withheld. It was hard. She wanted nothing more than to turn around, drag him by the collar and taste his pretty mouth. She carried on stuffing her locker with her coat, swapping it with the necessary books.

“Lina?” Sehun called softly from behind her. He was definitely close to her. She could feel her body bask in his warmth that seemed to surround her completely. She gave no response.

“Lina?” He said more urgently, figuring something was wrong. Sehun stuffed his hands in his pockets, waiting like a little boy. The second time made Lina feel almost euphoric; she liked the way his voice raised her heartbeat to unthinkable speeds.

“You’re ignoring me. Okay, at least look at me,” Sehun sighed, his head lolling to the side in tiredness; he didn’t get much sleep. After a few hours’ worth of arguing with his parents and getting absolutely nowhere, he locked himself in his room with pent up frustration and a heart heavy with guilt.

Lina closed her locker and faced Sehun with disinterest. He looked completely drained and Lina almost gave up on her small punishment.

“You don’t have to speak to me but at least tell me you’re okay,” Sehun pleaded.

However Lina couldn’t provide such information because she wasn’t exactly sure if she was or not. She just grimaced slightly, placing a hand on the side of side of Sehun’s face. He leaned into her palm, closing his tired eyes to feel a slight sting form them being deprived. She kissed his cheek softly before slipping away from him.

 

The rest of the day, Lina didn’t feel like acknowledging Sehun’s presence. She didn’t want to seem mean to him but right then and there, it wasn’t him that was going through unimaginable changes, nor was it him whose life was days from changing forever. Being with him just reminded her of it all when all she wanted was to just forget about it, even for a few hours.

“She’s not speaking to me, Lu Han,” Sehun complained when lunch came around. He contemplated whether or not to sit with his mate.

Lu Han gave his friend a sympathetic smile, placing a hand on his shoulder as a form of comfort.

“She’ll come around. You just need to let her adjust and everything will be back to the way it was,” Lu Han reasoned in a calm tone.

Sehun still felt conflicted and huffed out a deep, exhausted sigh, “So then…do we…sit with her?”

His cheeks flushed slightly, feeling like a silly little boy for asking such a thing. Lu Han pursed his lips, holding in a small snigger. Of course, Lu Han would be biased with his answer. He a hand down the back of his head, flattening his violet locks.

“Well, I don’t see why not,” he replied. Sehun fiddled with his bottom lip, still not fully convinced.

“But she really doesn’t want to speak to me,” Sehun countered.

Lu Han spied the seats in front of Lina and Maru as the two males stepped further into the lunch hall. He really wanted to sit with them, for his own reasons.

“Stop being a baby Sehun. Either we sit there, or someone else does, like Jin!” Lu Han added for extra measure; Sehun was sure to agree with him now.

“You’re right! Let’s go.”

 

Whenever Lina could, she would ask Maru all sorts of questions about werewolves. Some of them were silly like was there are slightly possible chance she would look like those hideous werewolves from a TV programme she watched regularly; they were nothing compared to Sehun’s wolf form.

Maru laughed loudly and abruptly, “Are you talking about Teen Wolf?”

Lina’s face coloured a fair pink and she ducked her head slightly, “Yeah…”

Maru shook her head, “No, definitely not.”

Lina nodded, humming in approval, “That’s good. What about the whole full moon thing?”

“Psh, that?” Maru waved her hand in dismissal, “that’s complete rubbish. I really don’t know where you humans get your information.”

“Hah, I’m not human anymore though,” Lina corrected sourly. She was still coming to terms with it. Maru felt like kicking herself; sometimes her big mouth would say the most untimely things.

“Oh I’m so sorry Lina! I didn’t mean to upset you or anything. I meant it like a general term, like you know, um, you know when you have a group of…of…” Maru struggled to finish off her sentence, partly because she couldn’t think of anything, and partly because Sehun and Lu Han were coming their way.

Lina laughed slightly, “Calm down Maru. It’s fine.”

When Sehun and Lu Han sat before them, Lina’s body went still. She didn’t know how to react, so she decided to leave instead.

“Listen Maru, I just realised I left my text book in class. I should go get it before someone else takes it,” Lina stood up, readily to leave. She was watched by Maru’s protesting eyes. She didn’t want to be left alone, not again.

“I’ll help,” Sehun offered, desperate to get a conversation out of his mate.

“I don’t need help,” Lina replied. It was the first thing she had said to him all day. Sehun’s spirits lifted slightly and he knew that she was forgiving him. Despite her disagreements, he went along with her, both leaving Maru and Lu Han behind.

 

As Lina walked down the corridor, not really sure of her destination. She didn’t really need to get her text book. Sehun trailed behind her, hands in pockets and whistling a light tune. He was biding his time, waiting for the right moment to swoop in.

Lina began to get more irritated. He wasn’t doing anything. Why on Earth was he following her then? She wondered if she wanted him to do anything. They were truly alone, without the crowds of bustling students surrounding them. She spun on her heel and crossed her arms over her chest hastily. Sehun stopped a few feet away from her.

“What do you want?” Lina asked, her eyebrow arched dangerously and her lips twisted in a scowl.

“No longer ignoring me then?” Sehun asked, his voice heavy with annoyance. That shut Lina up again. It was like he had jinxed it and now, Lina was vehement on not speaking. Sehun growled softly; the sound rumbled steadily from his chest and somehow Lina could feel the vibrations even without touching him. Her fingers buzzed and it spread through her like fire.

He took a large step forward and Lina was suddenly too close to him. Her chest met his while he took the opportunity to encase her slender body in his toned arms. A hand followed the line of her waist before he tossed her hair away from her left shoulder. He kissed the shell of her ear making Lina’s knees wobble.

“You think you can ignore me?” Sehun whispered softly in her ear. His other hand was still comfortable placed against her back, soaking through his heat. He kept Lina flush up against him so that she had to crane her neck to look into his eyes.

Sehun was looked down at her, drinking in the way her eyes danced across his face and rested on his lips. He watched with concentration as her tongue peeked out to wet her pink lips. They glistened invitingly.

“What do I have to do to make you fully mine?” he continued, holding on to her chin without thinking. His thumb below her bottom lip, tugging at the skin so her lips parted. He was fascinated by them as always.

Lina let her palms rest on his chest. She moistened her lips once more, Sehun’s thumb accidently.

She got onto her toes, aligning her lips with his mouth and whispered, “Persuade me wolf-boy.”

Sehun stared at her, looking in to her eyes, trying to decode what she really meant. His lips tugged into a mischievous smile and he suddenly knew what he had to do.

“Let’s get going then,” Sehun grabbed Lina’s hand in his. Her heart burst at the contact so she held on even tighter. They both skipped through the hallways towards the exit.

 “Where are we going?” She asked, a smile finally decorating her face. Sehun matched her face and winked, “You’ll see.”

He stopped abruptly and turned. He grabbed a hold of both Lina’s cheeks and met her lips with a searing, hard kiss. Lina gave back just as much as he did, tasting his soft lips just like she wanted to that very morning. They mutually stepped back and felt a dizzying sensation fill their head.

“Now, we can go,” 


 

Finallyy!! The scene from the foreword. I was worried it would never come up but here it is, a slightly vamped up version

Hope you like it!! :DDD