XXI

Persuade Me Wolf-Boy {DISCONTINUED}

Lina stood outside the car and stared up at the house in front of her. The sound of the car door thudding against the frame echoed through the curtaining trees. She looked across the roof of the car to catch Sehun’s eyes. He sensed her nervousness and smiled in return in a form of encouragement.

Sehun quickly joined her and took her hand in his, “Are you ready?”

She pursed her lips and nodded, “Yep, let’s do it.”

“Don’t worry, they’ll love you.”

Sehun opened the front door with the sets of keys dangling from his index fingers. Like a gentleman, he took Lina’s coat and hung it up next to his. He smiled once more, noticing Lina’s silence as her eyes absorbed her surroundings.

The house was beautifully furnished and larger than any other the other houses she had seen in town. The walls were pale, accented with dark wooden framing or adorned with sentimental photographs. She cautiously walked up to the photo frames on the wall, her gaze dancing from face to face. She found a picture of Sehun and his parents, while others were with friends and close family members. She even recognized a young Lu Han.

“Is that you?” Lina gasped at one picture of an infant Sehun, sat at the top of a playground slide, not looking at the camera lens but far off. His brows were scrunched due to the sun’s rays and he was dressed in adorable overalls.

Sehun grunted a little, feeling slightly embarrassed about the fact that his parents paraded his baby pictures on the wall for everyone to see.

“Aw, you look so cute. What happened?” Lina joked slightly, turning to face Sehun more. He scoffed and held onto her waist, pulling her in his direction.

“I grew up. I’m a man now,” he said, wriggling his eyebrows in the process. Lina laughed and slapped a hand across his chest.

“Don’t be silly; you still need to prove you’re a man,” Lina replied.

Sehun lifted her off of her feet suddenly, her toes no longer touching the ground. She squealed in surprise and demanded that she be put back down.

“Alright, I get it. Stop it now,” Lina chastised while Sehun buried his face into her neck. His hot breath fanning across her skin. She held on to his clothed waist, running her palm across his stomach then back.

“I hope I’m not disturbing you two.”

The new voice startled Lina enough to jump away. Her face flushed pink and she fiddled with the stitching of her dress. Sehun laughed bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Hey, Mum,” he greeted. Lina looked at the middle aged woman before her. She was taller than Lina and was dressed elegantly for the occasion. A smile decorated her face, highlighting the creases in the corner of her eyes however she came across extra careful towards Lina.

“This must be Lina. What a pretty name, come,” She gestured, not allowing any type of response from either of the pair. She led them through to the lounge that connected to the dining room. Through the corner of Lina’s eye, she could see the table was set for four with glittering china plates and crystal glasses.

“Sit down,” Sehun’s mother instructed, pointing to the plush sofa in between two arm chairs. Lina offered a smile of thanks and sunk into the cushions beside Sehun.

His mother, too, took a seat on an armchair. But not before placing two cups of Cola on the coffee table in front of the couple.

Lina was brewing in her seat. The silence was compressing down on her and worry was eating her away. She just knew she would say something wrong or perhaps use the wrong cutlery for her food, or just be disliked on the whole by both Sehun’s parents.

“So, er…Mum, where’s Dad?” Sehun decided to cut through the quietness.

She shrugged with nonchalance, “Just talking to Lu. He won’t be long; then we can get started on dinner.”

Her line of sight fell upon Lina who was warming a cup of Cola in her hand. She would take a sip of the no longer chilled beverage every so often and be overwhelmed by the fizz.

“Lina, is my Sehun treating you well?” his mother asked. Lina looked up abruptly and nodded quickly, “Yes he is.”

“That’s good. How did you two meet then?” the questions went on.

“Well…we were in class and he just sort of said hello,” Lina informed, laughing dryly at the end, realising her answer wasn’t really that exciting or romantic.

Sehun’s mum looked at Sehun and gave him a look, “Hello is all you said to her? Goodness Sehun that is not how you sweep a woman off her feet.”

Sehun’s cheeked tinged red and he rubbed a palm over his face, ruffling his rainbow locks.

“Mum, I don’t want to discuss this with you,” Sehun complained.

“You don’t seem to want to discuss anything with me,” his mother retorted. She looked at Lina directly, “Did you know he never told me he found his mate? You’d think he’d tell his mother that he’d found the love of his life but hey, I just gave birth to you, that’s all.”

“Mother, can we not do this now?” Sehun whined. Lina looked wide eyed between the pair, unsure of how to respond.

“Now I’m embarrassing him,” She scoffed, “I can embarrass you more young man. Lina, why don’t I show you our family album. I have the greatest pictures of Sehun!”

Lina somehow nodded in agreement, trying her best to settle her nerves. His mother quickly swept over to the other side of the room and brought out a think black book. She opened it instantly, searching for the right page before she settled back down.

“Here,” she pointed, smiling with glee, “Look at him. His father tried to get him dressed up as a zombie for Halloween but Sehun just wasn’t having it.”

Lina began laughing at the pictures of Sehun suited up in pink dress and boyish trainers. He had food on both hands and around his mouth.

“He went as Sleeping Beauty that year,” She informed. Sehun groaned loudly, burying his face into his arms, chanting over and over for his mum to stop.

“Oh you look so cute Sehun,” Lina cooed, playfully shoving his upper arm.

“I have more!” his mum sang with excitement.

 

After twenty minutes of torture, Sehun’s father decided to join them and relieve Sehun. The album was put away and Lina had another parent to get comfortable with.

She already liked Sehun’s mother; she just hoped that the feeling was mutual.

Steaming plates of food were placed in front of them and soon they were digging in. Sehun’s dad took the time to make sure to ask lots of questions. He asked about her school work and the peculiar instant of never having seen her before in town.

“I moved to live with my dad,” Lina said, trying to be brief in doing so.

“I see,” He countered, rubbing the light stubble across his chin, “How is your father? I haven’t spoken to him in a long while.”

“Um, he’s doing well,” She notified, wondering why her dad never mentioned anything about knowing him.

Lina’s phone started ringing and she sheepishly smiled. She brought out the device and stared at the caller I.D.

It was Mina.

“Why don’t you go through the kitchen and answer that? It might be important,” Sehun’s dad suggested. Lina smiled and pushed her chair back, “I’ll be right back.”

She looked at Sehun once, giving him a reassuring look. Her heart melted at the pure sight of his eyes. She tore herself away and quickly answered her phone.

“Mina, what’s up?”

“You were supposed to call me yesterday!” Mina yelled through the phone, “This means we have to talk twice as long.”

Lina grimaced, “I don’t think we can talk right now, now. Later perhaps.”

“But—”

Lina didn’t get to hear the rest of her sentence. Nor did she hear the approaching footsteps and the drop of a plastic cap.

She was dead to the world by a mere pin prick to the neck.


 

DUN DUN DUNNN

all will be revealed next chapter

;)

So keep reading and commenting and i love you all lots and lots

MWAH!

X