Chapter 7 "Breaking Even"

I Can't Wait Forever

"Oh honey" Mrs. Jung quickly rush down the steps towards Nicole "my little girls is alright" tears ran down her pale face.

"Umma..." Nicole smile "I'm okay so stop crying" Nicole wiped her mothers tears away."Thank you for helping my mother, I hope I didn't cost you any trouble" Nicole looking at the police officer

"No problem, well you stay safe now." With that the officer drove off home.

"Jaebeom-shii" SeungYeon handing Jaebeom hot coco "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"Yeah...I'm alright SeungYeon" Jaebeom taking a sip of his coco.

"Oppa..."

"SeungYeon it's a Saturday shouldn't you be..."

"Oppa...can you go somewhere with me tonight?" SeungYeon politely interrupted Jaebeom

"Where too?"

"Great...meet me here" SeungYeon handing Jaebeom a paper "Be there 8 sharp" SeungYeon gave Jaebeom a smile and left his house.

It was Saturday morning. The snow was now pouring down hard. Nicole after settling her mother down for a sleep. Enter her cold silent room.
Nicole's body ache. Her knee injure had worsen. Nicole enter her bathroom pulled out her hello kitty bandage and medicine kit. She pour the alcohol onto her wound. Giving her a slight groan.

"Ah" Nicole groan uncomfortably grabbing the wet towel to soothing the pain. Nicole stare out the window from her bathroom "If I was in that basement until now. I probably froze to death..." Nicole then bandage her scar and headed downstairs quietly not wanting to wake her mother up. The doorbell rung, and Nicole went to open the front door.

"Nicole"

"......Oh...S-SeungYeon..." Nicole stood shock.

"Are you going to let me come in? It's freezing out here" SeungYeon smile at Nicole. Nicole and SeungYeon sat at the living with the T.V. on.
"Are you alright? Your mom told me what happened...I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help but worry" SeungYeon gave Nicole a sad face. "When Taecyeon oppa came and ask me where you were I thought you probably...I thought you went..."

"Oh SeungYeon-Ah it's okay. I know. It's fine don't worry. We're best-friend that's why you thought so. I was planning to after dance practice." Nicole grabbing for her warm coco. "It's been so long since I've visited..."

"Nicole..." SeungYeon patting Nicole's shoulders "Oh...Here" handing Nicole a paper.

"Whats this?" Nicole looking at the paper.

"It's a party that me and Jessica are throwing for Jaebeom..." SeungYeon putting the rest of the paper back into her bag "Can you make it tonight?"

"Well...I" Nicole slowly turn her head towards SeungYeon

"Don't worry. I'll pick you up tonight at 7:30p.m. sharp so get ready okay" SeungYeon grab her bag at walked towards the door "Oh...I almost forgot bring a date along...umm bring Taecyeon oppa." with that SeungYeon was out the door.

"But..."Nicole stood up as SeungYeon swung the door close. "...I forgot all about Taecyeon" Nicole taking out her phone.

"Jaebeom.." Mrs.Park enter Jaebeom's room. "Here take some medicine you seem to be catching a fever.

"Umma I told you I'm fine don't worry about me" Jaebeom who didn't even bother to look at his mother was still serving the internet.

"Jaebeom..."

"Okay Umma leave it at my night stand I'll drink it after I'm done" Jaebeom gave a hiss. Mrs.Park left his medicine at his night stand and headed downstairs. "What would she like?" Jaebeom clicking and clicking.

"Ta..Taecyeon oppa?" Nicole lower her voice down "It's me Nicole...give me a call if you receive my message..bye" Nicole close her phone and lay down on the sofa with a long sigh. "why isn't he picking up? That was the tenth time I called him..."

Taecyeon stare at his phone once again seeing Nicole's name on his missed call. He open his phone and listen to her voice mail for the tenth time. After he was done listening to her he threw his phone onto the carpet floor in his room.

"ARGHHHHH" Taecyeon gave out a loud grunt "WHY!!" this time Taecyeon held his hand over his head."W-what's wrong with me?" as soon as he spoke those words tears came little by little down his face. "There's nothing I can do for you...I couldn't even protect you.."Taecyeon slid down sitting on the carpet floor now. With his hands still over his head. "I..I'm sorry Nicole"

Nicole took out her phone for the last time. She click on two Taecyeon's name came up. Then she close her phone and headed for the stairs. Nicole enter her room it was now 6:01p.m. she put her phone down on her desk and headed for the shower. She close the door and the showers came on. Nicole's phone rang.

"Hi..." Nicole chuckles

"Ni-Nicole it's me Taecyeon"

"Well. Then Leave your name and number I'll get back to you as soon as possible thank you for calling me" Nicole's voice mail beep for the person on the other line to leave their message.

"Oh..Nicole. It's me Taecyeon...You called earlier I'm sorry that I couldn't pick up. I hope you don't misunderstand..it's just"

"Thank you your voice mail has been sent"

Taecyeon stood still for a bit then hung up the phone. He stare outside his window to find SeungYeon coming out of her car. She was wearing a brown Tuja Trench Coat with black leggings and her black high heels. Taecyeon was wondering why she was coming to his house at this time of day. Taecyeon quickly went downstairs to open the door as he knew that it must've been cold since the snow had started falling.

"SeungYeon what are you doing here?" Taecyeon step aside, to give SeungYeon room to enter the warm house.

"Nicole didn't tell you?" SeungYeon quickly scramble into Taecyeon's house."Well....I thought she called you."

Nicole open her closet and sat staring at her clothes. It's been forever since Nicole been to a party. The last time that she went to one was when she was in Junior High.

"What should I wear?" Nicole scratch her head with her left hand."Aishh..." Nicole stood up and grab her v-neck tee, a pair of faded blue skinny jean and her Grey coat out of her closet and threw it on. It was now already 7:25 p.m. Nicole waited upstairs in her room patiently for SeungYeon's honk. Nicole took out her notebook. She open and flipped to the middle page. Where she kept a picture of her father.

"Appa..." Nicole stop to the sound of SeungYeon's honk. She quickly close her book and quickly ran down the stairs still quiet enough not to wake up her mom. As Nicole silently close the door behind her. She qucikly ran towards the passenger seat and swung the door open.

"Gosh it's cold" Nicole quickly stare at SeungYeon then at the backseat.."Oh Taecyeon oppa" SeungYeon pulled Nicole in and drove off.

The ride was a bit awkward with SeungYeon focusing on the road since the snow was worsen. Nicole kept quiet not wanting to make the first move. Taecyeon on the other hand was texting and listening to his ipod the volume full max. As SeungYeon pulled up to her drive way there was already few of the early guests waiting impatiently outside in the cold wanting to enter the warm house. SeungYeon realize this and quickly park her car and ran outside.

"Ohh.. I'm soo soo sorry." As SeungYeon quickly walked towards the front step and open the doors. She waited as all the quest enter the house before she went in. Forgetting that Nicole and Taecyeon was still in the car. Nicole reached down towards the seat belt.

"Nicole..."Taecyeon took off his head phone and put his ipod in his coat pocket.

"Oh Taecyeon oppa" Nicole quickly turn her head to face Taecyeon"How have you been?" Nicole gave Taecyeon a warm smile."It's cold shouldn't we go inside?" Nicole open the passenger door. She had swung it without looking.

"Aish" Jaebeom gave out a loud grunt. "Watch where you.." Jaebeom stare down as he saw Nicole lowering her head. "Oh it's you again..." Jaebeom quickly pulled Nicole out of the car.

"Hey!" Nicole tried to break free from Jaebeom.

"Why are you here?" Jaebeom let go of Nicole's arm.

Taecyeon quickly step out of the car and went towards Jaebeom and Nicole.

"Hey what do you think your doing?" Taecyeon step in front of Jaebeom."Don't just grab her out of nowhere"

"Yo man chill" Jaebeom step away from Taecyeon."Well see you later Nicole" Jaebeom gave Nicole a wink and went inside.

"Are you okay?" Taecyeon stare back at Nicole.

"Yeahh. Oppa he didn't do anything wrong" Nicole stare into Taecyeon's eyes.

"I..I just don't like it when you're around him." Taecyeon lower his head down."I.."

"Hey are you two coming in or not?" SeungYeon yelled from the doorstep.

"Yeah we're coming" Nicole grab Taecyeon's arm and both of them headed inside.

Taecyeon slipped his hands away from Nicole and headed towards his friends, Wooyoung, and Nickhun. Nicole stare as Taecyeon sat down and shook hands with them.

"Nicole!" Hara called out to Nicole."Come over here!!" Hara waving telling Nicole to take a seat with Hara.

"Oh Hara you're here too?" Nicole took a seat next to Hara.

"Of course...hey don't you think something is ought to happen tonight?" Hara took a sip of her soda and then at the soccer team."He's so cute" Hara clinch her fist tight.

"Who...?" Nicole stare at where Taecyeon was."Wooyoung?" Nicole stare back at Hara.

"No..Taecyeon oppa"Hara took out her phone and snap some cheap shots of Taecyeon "Just if he becomes a celebrity" Hara gave out a small laugh. "Oh Nicole, you're such a lucky girl." Hara put down her phone and gave out a loud sigh.

"What do you mean?" Nicole gave a clueless stare at Hara.

"Aygoo" Hara turn her body to now she was facing Nicole full body."Taecyeon oppa went everywhere looking for you, I even heard that he called your mom to comfort her. That's what every girls wants in a man...he came to dance practice just too see if you were there." Hara push her long silky brown hair behind her neck."Don't you think it's time to tell him how you really feel?'

Nicole stare off too Taecyeon who then looked at her. He gave Nicole a warm smile and doze off again with talking to his friends.

"I should right?" Nicole stood up and made her way to Taecyeon. As she got closer some of the cheerleaders came and stepped in front blocking Nicole's way.

"Oh where are you going?" the girls sarcastically ask Nicole

"Ugh. would you please excuse me." Nicole quickly try to get through.

"Nah-uh" the girls pulled Nicole's hood giving Nicole a swung back."If you think you're going to Taecyeon, one of our girls is already with him" Nicole stare from the girls shoulder to see SeungYeon and Taecyeon flirting."Get lost you wrench. You think you're so cool just because you spend the night with Jaebeom..phs" the girl gave out a loud smirk. "just go home and get lost!"

"Hey."

"Who.."the girls turn around to find Jaebeom standing behind them."J..Jae."

"I couldn't help but overheard your conversation with my..." Jaebeom took a deep breathe."My girlfriend" he smiled and the girls made way for Jaebeom. "So what was it that you guys said to her?" Jaebeom pulled Nicole towards him and wrapped his right hands around Nicole's shoulders. Nicole moved slightly feeling a bit uncomfortable. Taecyeon stare over some of the soccer players shoulder to find Nicole and Jaebeom. SeungYeon was smiling until she realize Taecyeon looking at a crowd of people.

"Taecyeon..what is it?" SeungYeon then turn her head to find Jaebeom's arms around Nicole.

"What does he think he's doing now?" Taecyeon flared with anger and quickly push through the crowd towards Nicole and Jaebeom.

"So...if she's your girlfriend, Jaebeom then kiss her" the girl quickly responded to Jaebeom.
Jaebeom stare down to Nicole. Nicole now was burning hot red blush on her pale cheeks. She slowly gave Jaebeom a stare then back down to the floor."Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss" the crowd started saying.

"Sorry..."Jaebeom whisper into Nicole's ears. He then turn Nicole's body to face his. He leaned slowly towards to give Nicole a kiss. Nicole pulled away as Jaebeom leaned down towards her lips.

"YA!!" Taecyeon grab Jaebeom from behind and punch Jaebeom in the mouth."Don't you dare touch her with those hands!" Taecyeon grab Nicole"

"Oppa!!" Nicole quickly exclaimed at Taecyeon. "It's not what you think!!" Taecyeon pulled Nicole behind him walking furiously out the doors.

"It's not what I think?!" Taecyeon pushed Nicole's hands furiously away from him "How is it not what I think?! He..he put his dirty hands on you! He tried to show you off like a trophy just because..just because he spent the night with you?!!! Do you know how angry that makes me?!" Taecyeon yelled at Nicole with anger.

"Why do you care?" Nicole yelled."Why do you care if I was going to kiss him...?" Nicole lower herself down now."You should've never punch him..." It's been a long night..." SeungYeon came out of the house towards Nicole and Taecyeon.

"Nicole are you alright?" SeungYeon quickly went up to Nicole..."Taecyeon..." SeungYeon walked quickly towards Taecyeon."Are you..." Taecyeon grab SeungYeon's arm pulled her towards him and leaned in to kiss SeungYeon. He held onto her waist as Nicole turn to see the two kissing. Nicole's heart burned. Jaebeom came outside to see Taecyeon and SeungYeon. He then turn to see Nicole walking away. He ran after Nicole, and Taecyeon letted go of SeungYeon.

"I...I..I drank a lot today.. I don't know what I'm doing.." Taecyeon pulled away from SeungYeon."I think I should get going.."

"I'll..take you home" SeungYeon shock."Come on."

"Have you seen Nicole?" Hara asked Wooyoung.

"You didn't see what happen?" Wooyoung asked Hara in amazement.

"No..when she left I went to use the restroom..why..omg!" Hara gave out a loud yelled."What happen to my Nicole?!" Hara pulled onto Wooyoung's shirt."Did something happen to her when I left?!" Hara let go of Wooyoung's shirt."Oh my...what happen?"

"Nicole!" Jaebeom caught up to her. "Nicole" Nicole just kept walking without hesitation."Nicole!" Jaebeom grabbed Nicole's hands.

"Let go of me!" Nicole yanked her arm away from Jaebeom."I don't know what you have with Taecyeon. What you did to him for him to hate you so much...but don't make me hate you more than I already do." Nicole kept walking.

"Fine...be like that. I guess you are like other girls."Jaebeom shouted towards Nicole."All you can ever do is run away from the truth, all you can ever do is hold your pain inside, until you drown into them. The more you keep it in, sooner or later you won't have hand to pull you out." Nicole stop and turn around.

"And how about you?" Nicole question Jaebeom loudly. "Just because you're captain of the football team. The cutest guy that runs our school. You think you can get anyone you want? You think it'll be easy to get me? Is that what you're trying to do? Just because you messed around with most of the cheerleaders?Huhhh!" Nicole yelled back."Have you ever thought about anyone else but yourself!"

Jaebeom quickly walked up towards Nicole.

"Have you ever thought, about how miserable you're making a person's life?" Nicole gave out cried.

Jaebeom stare at Nicole who was now crying. I guess that's what we both get...Jaebeom felt the urge to hug Nicole, but he forced himself not too. Nicole small sob turn into a loud cry. It was in the middle of night the snow was still falling, the moon was shining big and bright. Jaebeom leaned forward and hugged Nicole.