Chapter 3 "Dreams Come and Goes"

I Can't Wait Forever

Chapter 3 "Dreams comes and goes"

December 27, 2008 7:30 A.M.

Thud Thud Thud
It was the same routine all over again. I awoken to find myself sleeping at my desk. My mom yelling from downstairs, but today the rain was pouring and it was pouring hard. I rubbed my tired eyes, and close my window, as I stood up to reach my windows a gust of wind blew right pass me. It gave me the chills, and right then I realized why my mother was yelling. She wasn't calling me; why I wasn't downstairs, why I'm not getting ready for school, instead she was yelling, yelling with someone. I felt my heart getting heavy as I walked towards my door. I stop. There was silence now. For once, this silence scared me, even though I've told my mom thousand of times, why can't she just leave me alone, why can't she just mind her business and keep shut. This silence made me deaf, right then as I lean my hand to open my door, the door swung open, giving me a little jump back, it was a man...I froze frighten wondering what he had done to my mother, he stared at me; right at me, he walked towards where I had been standing after the frightening jump back.

"Nicole-Ah" he said walking towards me "I'm...I'm sorry"

He walked towards me, and right then he looked familiar, his scent came back to me, his dark brown eyes, and dark black soft hair, and how tall he was compare to me, I then realize, it was my father. He reached his hands as if he wanted a hug, as I took once step forward stumbling to give him a hug, this little girl, that looked like me when I was small ran and jumped into his arm.

"Appa, has to go now...be a good girl for Umma okay?"

"Appa, when are you coming back? Today is Christmas, can't you just call in for work?"

"No...shh...Appa is going to be leaving now, be a good girl now" he leaned over and gave her kiss on the forehead.

I watch as my father gave her a last hug before he left, as I watch him walking out my bedroom door, my mother was standing at the door with tears rolling down her pale cheeks, back then Umma looked so much younger, flawless skin, and just beautiful. This had to be a dream. This had to...

"Nicole" she said my name "Nicole...Nicole-Ah"

"Nicole can you hear me?" my mom shook me softly

I suddenly stood up quickly, from where I had fallen asleep.

"Are you okay darling?" my mother asked me.

"Ughh" I rubbed my eyes "Yeah, what time is it?"

"It's 9:15p.m., I didn't mean to wake you, but it's getting cold, snow is coming tonight, sleep on your bed and stay warm" with that my mother left.

And after all it was just a dream. Today had been a long day, I close my homework that I've only half finished. I close my window jumped in bed and turned off the light...I lay staring at my ceiling for a few minutes. It made me sad, that the last time I saw Appa was such at a young age. I remember that day...he came and gone. As all these thoughts ran inside my mind, my tire self had fallen into a deep sleep.

Thud Thud Thud