Chapter 5 "I'll Protect You"

I Can't Wait Forever

Chapter 5 "I'll Protect You"

Taecyeon oppa...Help ME. I'm begging you...

"Nicole!"

Everyone stares at Taecyeon.

"Oh is Nicole here?" Taecyeon asked one of Nicole's friend from dance class.

"No she hasn't shown up at all, do you know where she's at?" sigh Hara "We can't start without her, she's the one who knows all the moves"

"No, but thanks I'll be on my way" Taecyeon walked out of the room "Where could she be?"

"YA~! Where have you two been?!" Junsu asked Chansung and Junho "Coach is yelling at us because of you two"

"Nothing, well tell you later" Junho smirk

"One, Two, One, Two" SeungYeon spoke loudly .

"SeungYeon-Ah!" Jessica yelled.

"Oh...okay five min. break" SeungYeon stop the team and walked towards Jessica. "Did you get them to do it?"

"Yeah..." Jessica looking around "..............." Jessica whisper into SeungYeon's ears.

"Good." SeungYeon smile. "Thank you"

"SeungYeon-Ah" Taecyeon walked towards Jessica and SeungYeon.

"Oh Oppa"

"Have you seen Nicole anywhere?" Taecyeon taking a deep breath.

"Ughh...No I haven't seen her why?" SeungYeon looking down

"SeungYeon I'm leaving now" Jessica mumble quickly to SeungYeon and left.

"I called her she isn't picking up her phone, I called her house phone her mom says she's at dance practice, but I check and she hasn't shown up either..." Taecyeon getting worried "I don't know what to do...I thought she'll be with you"

"I have to get back to practice or I'll get in trouble" SeungYeon walking away "But, I think you'll find her somehow" SeungYeon looking back at Taecyeon.

Taecyeon took a deep breathe and stare as SeungYeon went back. He then stare at the football team, he spotted Jaebeom who was about start the team to a run.

"Phss..." Taecyeon sigh and left.

"I've been in here more than an hour...I wonder if anyone is even searching for me. It's getting dark outside. Umma would be worry. Appa...Appa." Nicole whisper quietly to her exhausted self. "I..." Nicole who forced herself to stand up...

The football players headed back to the locker room to change.

"So what was it that you guys wanted to tell me?" Junsu ask Chansung.

"Well" Chansung started looking around "You know that girl Nicole? Well one of the cheerleader told me and Junho to lock her up in the closet down at the basement" Chansung smiled "Shh~ but you can't tell anyone if you do me and Junho would be in trouble and get kicked off the team."

"Jaebeom-Ah"

"Yes coach?"

"Why aren't you in the locker room?"

"Ahh..." Jaebeom smiled "It feels nice standing outside. If I go in it's going to smell nasty." Jaebeom looked down.

"Well, remember to go change." As Coach Lee started to head towards the basement.

"Ahh..Coach"

"Yes" Coach Lee turning around.

"I can take that for you" Jaebeom going to grab the football equipments." You go home. I got it"

"Well. Thank you" Handing Jaebeom the football equipments "But be fast, I've been locked down there before by the janitors. It's dark and cold you wouldn't want to get lock down there."

"Alright then coach" Jaebeom headed to the basement further behind school.

Coach Lee turn around, but Jaebeom was already gone.

"Aishh- I forgot to tell him...the Janitor comes at 8:00 to lock the basement...it's already 8:55. He's fast enough" Coach Lee got into his car and left.

"This is heavy" Jaebeom mumble to himself. "Ahh there it is..." Jaebeom pulled the handles of the basement door and headed down the stairs...where should I put this?"

"Aishh-Stupid Coach Lee and his football players...The never close the basement door after taking their stuff out" Janitor Park talking to himself. He shut the basement doors and chain the door and click the lock tightly on. " There"

"What was that?" Jaebeom thought to himself. "Ah there it is, the football section" Jaebeom placed the equpiment nicely inside the box at the right corner

"Mhmmmmm..."

Jaebeom started his way back up the basement stairs.

"What?! Why are the doors shut?!" Jaebeom pound on it " Anyone there?!! HEY HEY !! There's still someone here!!" Jaebeom heard movements "Who's there?!" Jaebeom yelled from the stairs.

"Mhmmmmm"

Jaebeom walked down slowly from the stairs to the basement floor.

"Ahhh" Jaebeom trip over and landed on top of fertilizer bags "What the?!" Jaebeom quickly scramble up." Jaebeom thought to himself. "There's got to be a light" Jaebeom felt the side of the walls and finally found the switch. The light was still a bit dim. but he was able to see where he was and where he had fallen on top of. Jaebeom heard the noise again and turn to where it was.

"Ni...Nicole" Jaebeom rush over to where Nicole had been "Why..why are you tied like this? Why or how did you get down here?!" Jaebeom untangle Nicole.

"I...I.." Nicole's eyes began to shut as she tries to get her sentence out. "I..."
Jaebeom, somehow felt his arm suddenly just wrapping himself around Nicole's small body.

"It's okay....I'm here now..." Jaebeom felt a sharp pain pressing inside his heart. For the first time he felt..he felt as if his heavy heart has became more heavy. "I'll be beside you, I'll protect you"

"Babo," Nicole smile weakly with tears running down her soft pale face. "I still hate you" Jaebeom smile still holding Nicole in his arm.
Jaebeom stare at Nicole who was still in her school uniform. She must've been cold down here. Jaebeom spotted Nicole's scrapped knees.

"What happen here?" Jaebeom leaning Nicole next to he wall, and looking at her knee." Who did this too you?" Jaebeom looking at Nicole.

"I scrape my knee trying to stand up. There's glass on the floor." Jaebeom stare at the broken glass, with blood stains."I tried to escape...I accidentally hit the glass of beer bottles. They came crashing down on me and as I tried to stand up..." Nicole feeling weaker and weaker "I didn't mind the pain...I just wanted to survived."

The night grew longer...it was a cold December night. The snow pour little by little onto the floor. Jaebeom didn't know how to comfort Nicole held her in his arms to give her warmth. He remember learning from health, how to get body heat.

"Nicole..." Jaebeom started to take off his shirt.

"Jaebeom" Nicole whisper "you don't have to do that...I'll be fine"

Jaebeom wrapped his shirt around Nicole "You have to stay warm...if you die then I'll get in trouble." Nicole gave Jaebeom a weak smile."You don't mind if I hold you in my arms right?"

"You've been doing if for the past hour" Nicole's tired eyes began to shut. Her head leaned against Jaebeom's chest. Jaebeom took out his phone but there was no service. As he was about to put his cellphone away. He stare at his screen saver of him and SeungYeon. He smiled, and putted his phone away. He felt his eyes shutting. He fell into a deep sleep with Nicole in his arms.