Blind Spot

Script

 

       I looked straight at my laptop and sighed. Three more words. Just three more Hyuna. Why can't you do this? Mr.Kang has gotten really strict after Junhyung threw the paper at him and walked out the classroom. Thanks to his "wonderful deed", I'm stuck writing a horrible paper on why we have to respect elders. I really don't understand how this pertains to writing and how it will improve my sentences.

I sighed once more and grabbed my all ready open journal. Flipping to the current page.

Dear, Journal

Alot has happened since I wrote in you. I think its been a couple of days. Come on! thats big for me and by alot I mean mom troubles. Mom's condition has gotten worse. The doctors said her body craves drugs and if this pattern continues she can possibly die soon. I already knew that, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. From little me and my sister practially trained our whole lives for this but somehow when the doctor said it, it felt so..real. I tryed not to get too worked up about it but when I close my eyes at night expecting sleep to come, she has a way of creeping up into my thoughts. Anyway,  school has been good. Still haven't made any friends but I am improving. GD's weekly school visits have turn into daily and I don't feel as lonely as before. He has a way of cheering me up you can say.

Love,

Kim Hyuna

I closed my journal with a soft thud and got ready for school. Doing the usual routine. Brush teeth, put on clothes, eat breakfast.

Never gets tiring I muttered to myself. Summer how I adore you. Gives me and journal our alone time. Wow.... Did i just refer to having alone time with my journal? I need to get out more.

"WAIT WAIT". A famailar voice called out from over the kitchen.

"Have an orange". Gna threw it thinking I would catch it. It fumbled out of my hand and onto the ground. "Thanks" I said and picked it back up, walking out the door.

Gna is really big on staying healthy in high school, she had this whole campaign about my health. I know she worries for me because of mom. Little did Gna know I loved junk food, I actually throw out her salad type dishes and retrive ramen from my secret stash.

From all of that junk food I received pimples over the year. Which makes Gna worry because I eat so "healthy" apparently.

I chuckled to myself and continued walking. Passing by more food carts. Why did I forget to pack lunch again?

My stomach started to grumble. I wanted to scream shut up, but didnt want to look crazy on the middle of the street. I reached into my wallet and scavaged for money. Nothing. Great.

I glanced up and guess who it was. Myungsoo.

WHAT.

I cleared my throat and smiled at him, "lets go to school together". WHAT.

MYUNGSOO ASKED ME TOO WALK WITH HIM?

In that moment the only thing I could think of was to grab my journal and clench onto it tightly. I didnt want too look dumb and rumage through my backpack. So I nervously said "ye..y".

YEY? HYUNA REALLY?! , I hit my shoulder and mentally yelled at myself. Myungsoo looked like a puppy with his big concerning eyes.

He smiled and said "ok" and we started to walk. I bet he thinks I' m crazy for hitting myself in front of him. Ugh hopefully I recover from it before my lunch journal session. Who am I kidding? There's no recovering. 

I ignored my thoughts and stared at my shoes.

Myungsoo uttered a small laugh, "I almost didn't recongnize you because your face was consumed in your wallet".  I shyly smiled and pushed my baby hair behind my ear. Why does he catch me in my not so cute moments? I softly chuckled to myself, do i even have cute moments?

"Thankfully I ran over too make sure, Is Gna okay?"

"I was so worried last night".

I gluped the remaining saliva that was reminiscing in my throat. "Yeah shes totally fine, you know Gna shes a strong person". Myungsoo nodded and replied "She is, isnt she but even the strongest people need protecting" . "I remember coming over to your building and seeing her, as a child even I could see the pain in her eyes".

I widened my eyes in awe, I couldn't believe Myungsoo still remembered those adolescent days. I thought he would forgot our playdates. Well him just coming over and we would play outside.  He was much more light hearted and happier during those times.

I wonder what changed...

"I know it might sound foolish but I still think about those childish days Hyuna, I replay them in my head at night". I nodded my head in total shock. I wanted to say more, I  wanted to cry and tell him how long I've been hurting alone. I wanted to be a child again. We walked along where the streets intersected.

"Hyuna, I'm sorry I asked for your name on the first day of school, You know I think about it and scold myself". 'You just looked so different with your glasses and hair, you didn't look like the same girl from my memory". He swallowed and looked down. I stared at his saddened eyes and wondered why all of a sudden this is all happening.

We walked up the outside stairs and stood out the entrance. It was like I was walking and not seeing.

Myungsoo opened the school door for me and left some space for himself  to go through. At this point I didn't realize we were on the school ground. I forced a smiled and walked down the school hallway, he followed suit.

"Listen I don't want you, to go through your day thinking about what I said". He placed his long fingers on my head lightly and ruffled my fringe "sorry for bothering you Kim Hyuna".  Myungsoo turned and walked in the opposite direction disapearing down the hallway.

The bell rang.

I walked to class and this time, I wasn't the only one there. Junhyung was in the backseat. He looked up and gave me an emotionless look. Of course. I walked past my usual seat which now belongs to Sunny. I could have back my seat if I wanted to, but I didn't want it.

I sat in the same seat in front of Junhyung. I don't even know why I did that, my brain doesn't even know why. 

Junhyung smirked "gosh I guess Ms.handinworkearly is in front of me, I'm so blessed".

"Just because I'm not a A+ student, Mr. Kang wants to be an to me, and believe I was talking to you".

I put my head down. Gosh he really is an . Remind me why I chose this seat again? I turned around and mumbled a quiet "I'm sorry". My body  faced forward to see Myungsoo's vacant seat. How can I face him now? Well I don't have to. I ran my fingers through my knotty hair and sighed loudly.

By now the classroom was basically full. Mr.Kang was preoccupied with his book and decided to put a quote in english on the board. The class had to decipher it and explain how it applies to life.

I was about to get out my pencil and notebook when

Junhyung got up and faced the whole class. "MR.KANG GUESS WHAT? Ms.handinworkearly said sorry TO ME!". He paused and smirked at his own comment.  

"I wonder why?'. "MAYBE BECAUSE I WASN'T TALKING". "SO MAYBE, NOW I CAN BE ABLE TO STAY IN YOUR CLASS AND FINALLY GRADUATE".

By this time, Junhyung wasn't looking around the class he was staring right at Mr.Kang. Mr.Kang didn't even look up from his book and coldly replied "you can stay in my class only because of the paper you turned in".

I turned to face Junhyung who was now sitting down with a shocked expression. "thank you" he murmured. Everyone turned around to stare at Junhyung. All gaping faces. "Wow daebak, gang member Junhyung has sorry in his vocabulary", a girl snarled. The class broke out in laughter I didn't see the joke. He was obviously grateful, this was his last chance afterall.

I ped the front pocket of my backpack and turned around. "Thank you, its ok if you don't want to admit it". "It really meant alot to me that you did that ".

I handed him the nicely folded silk tissue he placed on my head in the waiting room. He scoffed "thats cute you think that, but its not me". Oh I faked a sigh and placed it on the vacant desk next to him. "We'll whoever it belongs to sha'll claim it I guess".  He faked a overstretched smile "yea whatever". I flashed him a cheery smile and began to copy my notes.

Junhyung you sure are different... I giggled softly. "YAH, HYUNA the only thing that should be entertaining you is the work on the board". "Nae". I called out and focused on writing.

Instead of reading the english quote. He just asked for all of our papers. Mr.Kang is such an interesting teacher. We just write and hand in. We never have class discussions. 
I thought writing would be more based on english skills but its alot more well...boring. Writing class is all about the work you give in and the grade. I put my head down and glanced one more time at Myungsoo's desk. Whats keeping him? It's funny cause he's always everywhere. 

Student council has him doing just about anything that applies to the school. The even funnier part is Sunny isn't there either. Wow a guy is that important. You show up when he shows up? 
Hyuna. Stop being jealous. I shook the thoughts out of my head. I never started thinking like that since Sunny came into the picture. 

Ugh... I'll just sleep then. Theres not point in sneaking out between class periods and going to the spot. 

"Sorry, I was in a student council meeting regarding raising money for a local charity". He bowed and took his seat in the front row.

"Myungsoo, you don't have to give me reasons I know your involved in all these activites". Mr. Kang annoyingly flipped to the next page "hand in your work tomorrow".

"Nae sun-seng nim".  He called out.

I didn't even have to look up from my arms to know Sunny was going to come running in and sit down. I looked up and call me physic, but Sunny was bowing and begging for forgiveness in a whispered tone. "I'm so so so sorry, I was filling out a form to join student council". "I have all these idea's".

Mr.Kang looked flushed "yes, Sunny its okay I know you can sit down". Wow. If that was me or any other new student, Mr. Kang wouldn't have ended his long speech. I'm just glad Sunny is gorgeous, I really don't feel like doing another essay after that. The bell rang shortly after and the class bid there goodbyes. He waved and left the classroom.

Is it lunch yet I can't take Myungsoo being in the same classroom with me. 16 hours... well 15 now more to go. I wanted to sleep during class and just forget everything. Bury myself in my school sweater and not think about him anymore . Not about how he completely ignored me since childhood, favors my sister, and know decides to apolagize?   

I was alone for most of school. He didn't think at all about how much I needed a friend? I couldn't stop sniffling and at that moment I realized tears were streaming down my face. Even through my blurred vision I could see faces turnt in my direction. My whole body was burning and my face was hot with sticky tears. 

The teacher wasn't even in the room yet, and I didn't want to be there any longer.

I got up with what little strength I had and exited the classroom. When I left , the whole class uproared with noise. I ran down the hallway so I couldn't hear things like "attention " and other made up rumors.

When I got to the end I saw Mr. Jiseok was standing there with his books. Our history teacher. "Hyuna go to the nurses office and come back when you feel fine".

 

I nodded my head and walked to the nurses office. 

 

I didn't see the point but I went anyway.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 The queen is back.  Lol I said YEY, REPLAY,  and CRAZY all in one chapter

You can conclude I'm a b2uty, shawol, and 4nia . lol I'm so happy Beast

and Hyuna are promoting at the same time. The journal entry for tomorrow is

going to explain much more. This chapter is shorter because chapter 8 is going

to be pretty long. Thank you guys who are still reading script. I had a long hiatus

and I'm back now. Like I said in my clarification I revised all of the chapters and

included some details (nothing major). See you in the next chapter! (Disclaimer: most of

this chapter was written a while go, I just finished it and published the chapter. Yes my

writing skills have improved don't worry, I will fix the story as it goes on and explain more

in the future)