Missing

Choices

You didn;t take long to get ready. When you walked into your room you took your favourite jacket out of the closet. It was Gucci. You also had alot of Gucci bags, but never wore them outside becasue your mother had warned you that there were scary people that would hurt you just to have a bag or jacket by Gucci. You then sat down on your bed to put on your shoes. They were Raphael Young. You had told your mother you didn't need these when she got them for yo, but she insisted, saying it makes you prettier. Then laughed, thinking it was the funniest joke ever. You remember sighing and watching her whip out her credit card, showing off as she purchased the shoes for you. You had hardly worn them, but maybe today was special. You stood up and was about to walk out of your room, when you felt something nudge your leg. You looked down. Wolf, your kitten. You knelt down and picked him up, nuzzling up against his fuzzy head. He let out a meow of discomfort and you let him out. "Bye, now, Wolf.", you whispered and headed out.

As you walked down the stairs, holding firmly onto the banister, you saw your mother standing at the bottom of the stairway, looking annoyed. You couldn't remember when she didn't. "___! Hurry up! Stop being so lazy and do something productive, okay?!" Then she noticed your shoes and you a saw a little smile appear on her face. "Ah, you finally wore them, at least." You walked past her and through the front door as you let out a little "Bye." Instead of returning your bye, she smacked on your back, causing you to trip over your feet nearly falling over. "Have a nice day, sweetie!" She said, putting an emphasis on the sweetie, then slammed the door in your face. You turned and saw Joonmyun sitting in your car, looking quite impaitent. You walked up to the car and he opened the door for you. He looked at your shoes and you saw him hesitate, but didn't say anything. You got in and relaxed. Joonmyun said the ride wasn't long, but it gave you time to think. What was it going to be like? Would you make friends easily? And what about that Kai guy. You felt your eyes closing for a few seconds...

"Ya! __. Wake up. We're here." Joonmyun poked you. You turned to him and sighed. He looked at you apollogetically, but then poked you again. "C'mon. Go. You'll be late. The head's office is right when you go in, okay? It's really easy to see." Your eyes widened. "Aren't you going to help me with this?", you let out a small whisper. Joonmyun sighed and leaned back in his seat. "___, you know I have work. Look, you'll be fine." This time instead of giving you a small poke, he pushed you out of the car, again nearly causing you to fall over. "Ya!" you shouted, but it was too late. He shut the door and immidietly drove off. Jerk, you thought.

Well, here you are. School. Seoul Art's Academy, it said on the building. Art's. You knew how to sing, but never showed anyone. It was too personal. You looked around, students going in. There were alot of glances your way, especially to your shoes. you blushed and started walking towards the building. Ignore them, ignore them, you thought, but couldn't. There were whispers now and even some shouts. "Ya! Rich girl! Let me look at your jacket for a sec!" then laughter. Jerks, jerks jerks. That's all they were, you thought. After what seemed like hours you were in the building itself. It was modern. White walls, white floors. there were many posters on the walls done by students, probably.  You looked around for the head's office. It's really easy to see. Joonmyun had said.

Ah! There it was, big black bold letters on a double door. You slowly walked up and were about to knock, when the door, itself opened, casuing you to jump back. A boy about your age walked out and seemed about as surprised as you were. Instead of reacting to you the way the other students outside did, he smiled with his eye smile and held out his hand. "You must be ___, right?" You nodded and grabbed his hand as he firmly shook it. "Nice to meet you. I was told alot about you. My name is Byun Baekhyun. Heead master is waiting for you." You let go of his hand. He patted your shoulder, "I'll see you right?" he said as he walked past you. "Sure.." you whispered.

How did he know who I was? Maybe he knew that Kai person. The door infront of you was open, so you decided to peek in. There was a big man, sitting behind a desk with a name tag saying, Mr Lee - Headteacher. He noticed you and waved. "____! Come in. Come in." He gustured you to walk in. "Welcome..." he paused to take in a breath, "to Seoul Art's Academy! I'm busy at the moment so, I'll give you all you need, like timetable and a map of the school, and I'll leave Kai with you. I'm sorry, but I've been called to an urgent meeting."

"No, it's okay, Head Master. I understand" He took some pieces of paper from his drawer and handed them to you. "A map, your timetable. There!" he looked around as you took them from his hand. "Now, where's this Kai, eh?" he let out a small chuckle. "Always late, he is." Suddenly the door opened and Baekhyun stepped in. "Sorry to interrupt," he started. "but Kai is not here at the moment. He will be here in a few hours. Until then he told me to take care of ___." Mr. Lee looked like he didn't believe him. "And where might he be?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Sorry, Mr. Lee. I can't say, it's... personal." He looked at you. "I hope you don't mind me taking you around for a few hours, ___. " He laughed held the door open for you. You walked out, then hard M. Lee say, "Baekhyun, I need to speak to you! ___ wait out there for a bit, okay?"

"Sure..." you said, as Baekhyun slammed the door, much like your mother had done a couple of hours ago. After a few minutes, you heard voices rising from the office. You couldn't help, but gently lean your ear on the door and listen. Nothing bad, right?

"What do you mean he had something to do?!" you heard Mr. Lee shout. You couldn't imagine him this angry. "I thought he was done with that business!"

"It's been a year! He's changed. We've all changed, okay? It was hard, but believe me, he will never do that he did before." Baekhyun said, keeping his calming tone. Did what? you thought.

"It was hard enough for me bailing you guys out. I won't have it if you do it again..." you heard him sigh. "Just get out, and show ___ around. Aat least be some use."

Now what your que to move your head away. Just as you did, the door opened and Baekhyun walked out. He gave you one of his adorable eye smiles again. "Everything okay? You look surprised about something." he chuckled. "No, no I'm fine" you nodded, looking at the ground.

"Well, you've got to know your way around here, right?" he walked past you, patting your shoulder again. "Let's go then!"