Chapter 6 - Confession

Moirai (STOPPED)

"Hello Kyungsoo,

I'm sorry for telling you all of that information a few days ago. Must have hit you hard huh? But saving Kai is our duty right now. You can change the future Kyungsoo. Kai won't need to suffer as long as you're there and watching him carefully. Everyone is counting on you.

Today on May 5th

-Kai decides not to join the performing arts club

-I regret not trying to persuade him to join

Make him officially join the club and make him happy."

Okay Kyungsoo. You can do this. You've done it numerous times before. Just persuade him in joining and I can save Kai!

At school, Kai and Suho arrives in the classroom in the morning.

"Good morning Kai!" I say to him, a bit more enthusiastic than normal.

"Hey Kyungsoo. A bit more excited than usual I see?" he tells me while I blushed in embarassment.

"GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. I have an announcement to make" Suho tells us. "Kai is officially joining the performance arts club!!"

"Wahh that's awesome Kai!" Baekhyun joins.

"We can see Kai dance now whenever there's a performance at school!" Chanyeol adds.

Huh.

What.

The text.....was actually wrong this time? Was I responsible for this? Is it because of those mistakes and regrets I fixed recently? Did I save Kai? Is Kai present in the future now? I was very confused and dumbfounded at that point. Man, this is complicated. 

Throughout the day, all of these thought were stuck to my mind. I was currently walking to my next class, with a blank face. Suddenly, someone pokes me face. It was Kai, smiling at me. My heart could only flutter at that point.

"Got a lot on your mind?" he asks me.

"Haha, you can say that." I tell him. "By the way, it's nice to see you finally joining the performance arts club!"

"Mhm! You should come watch me dance at practice some time."

"Definitely" I say. We both returned smiles to each other, until a girl bumped into Kai as we were walking.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she apologizes.

"Uh, it's okay." he nods at her. She smiles at him brightly, and continues walking away. Huh. That's weird. Why would you smile so brightly at a person you just bumped into?

"Kyungsoo, do you know that girl?" he asks me. I look back at her to see her face. After awhile, a lightbulb pops up above my head.

"Oh I remember now. She's Im Yoona, a senior. She's apparently very popular because of her looks" I inform Kai.

"I see."

"Why do you ask?"

"It's because I always see her around. She's everywhere wherever I look. I even see her at the performing arts club, and she's not even in it. She's just there to watch I guess." Kai says to me.

This Im Yoona..perhaps...

She likes Kai.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I receive another new text:

"Today on May 6th

-Im Yoona confesses to Kai

-They begin to date after that

....."

I frowned upon seeing this text. It's okay Kyungsoo. I know the future now. I can easily prevent this from happening. I can change the future. They won't actually go out. Right?

I was currently at the library, doing my schoolwork during free period. Someone then lightly blows into my ear, causing me to shiver. I turn around and see of course, Kai. My face turns red at his playfulness as he sticks his tongue out at me. He then takes a seat across from me at the table.

"Hi Kyunggie." he says with a puppy-like face. Kai may be manlier than me, but at times, he's just too cute. I mean, 'Kyunggie?". What can match to this cuteness?

"Hello Kai. What's up?" I say to him with grin.

"I have something to ask you."

"Spill them beans" I say as I take a sip of my water bottle. 

"Do you have anyone you like?"

Immediately, I choked on my water. Why would he ask such a question so suddenly?!

"W-What?!" I almost yell. The librarian shh'ed me, so I quiet down a bit "...I mean...no. I don't"

Wait, that's not true. I do have someone I like. No Kyungsoo. Stop. But then again...

It's not like I can really say "I do like someone" in front of Kai.

"Ahh I see" he replies.

"W-What about you? Do you have anyone you like Kai?" I asked him. For some reason, asking him this question made me feel really nervous and my heart beat like crazy.

"....Uhm. Nope" he simply states. I gulped before speaking again.

"What about Yoona?" I say, nervously. Why the hell did I say that?! I'm trying to prevent the stuff on today's text from happening. Not encouraging it! I guess...curiosity got to the better of me. 

"Mmmm" Kai paused before he spoke. "I guess she's pretty and I like her looks."

Her looks.....eh?

I put my head down against the table in agony.

"Uh Kyungsoo? Are you okay?"

-------------------------------------------

Everyone in the group were walking back to the classroom, heading towards our next class. Yoona suddenly showed up in front of us.

"Uhm Jongin! Can I speak with you in private?" she asks him. 

"..Sure. I'll be right back guys. Go head to the classroom first" Kai tells us as he leaves with Yoona. They both go to another hallway.

"Is Kai about to get a confession from the most popular girl in school?" Chanyeol states.

"Damn that Kai! He's not even good-looking!" Baekhyun says.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see right?" Suho adds.

I could only stand there in worry. I didn't know she would be confessing this early. Please Kai. Make the right decision. We continue walking towards the classroom. 

 

A few minutes later, Kai returns to the classroom.

"Finally!" Chanyeol exclaims. "Was that a confession?"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah." Kai simply replies.

"What did you reply then?!" Baekhyun says. 

"I said that I'll give her my answer after school."

My heart settled down a bit. Okay, there's still time to prevent them from going out. I can still change the future! 

I whip out my cell phone and look at today's text again:

"-During class, Kai forgets his pencil, so you give him a pencil and an eraser.

-Afterclass, he returns the pencil and eraser.

-It turns out that there was a small paper note slipped inside the eraser's wrapper 

-I regret not noticing this. The message was probably very important. 

Take a look in it. Whatever it says, always stay true to how you feel and be honest."

"Dang it I forgot my pencil again!" Kai exclaims. Immediately, I whip out the pencil and eraser I prepared.

"Here you go Kai! Do whatever you want to this pencil and eraser and be sure to return it after class!" I say, smiling. 

"Haha! You really are like a mother Kyungsoo. Thanks." he says, grabbing the pencil and eraser.

During class, all I could think about was the confession. I really don't want him to go out with Yoona. But, I feel so selfish thinking like that. 

Finally, class ends. However, I look to the right of me and Kai is gone. What the heck?! How could he disappear so quickly after class?

I run out to the hallway, trying to spot him. From far away, I see Kai walking away with Suho at the end of the hallway. I hurriedly tried to push through the crowd of students in the hallways. After awhile, I finally reach Kai, just barely tugging on his shirt. 

"Kai!" I call out to him.

"Oh, sorry Kyungsoo! What's wrong?" he asks me. 

"I'm sorry, but do you have my pencil and eraser? The eraser more importantly?" I asked, catching my breath. 

"Oh I left it on your desk." he simply said to me. I sighed and immediately run back to the class, hearing Kai's voice calling after me. 

Inside the class, I see the pencil and eraser in all of its glory. I pick up the eraser from my desk, and see a small piece of paper stuck in the wrapper. I take it out and open it. The note reads:

"Should I go out with Yoona?"

I take a big gulp before taking the pencil, ripping out a new piece of paper, and writing my reply onto it. Then, I head downstairs to Kai's locker. I slip the note in between the crevices of the locker. Finally. I sigh in relief. Hopefully, it reaches Kai in time. 

-------------------------

Afterschool, I head outside and see Kai and Yoona standing in front of each other. Is this Kai's reply to Yoona's confession? Nearby, I see the rest of my friends, eavesdropping (which isn't surprising).

"Ah Kyungsoo! Come come quick! Kai's replying to the confession!" Suho whispers to me. I join the rest of the eavesdropping group. Kai had his hands in his pockets, while Yoona was looking down. Kai's mouth was moving, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what he was saying. Suddenly, she smiled at him. She eventually waved goodbye and jogged away, looking happy.

"KAI! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Chanyeol screams. Kai noticed the group.

He smiled and gave everyone a thumbs up.

My heart instantly sank. While everyone else was cheering for Kai and congratulating him about his new girlfriend, I ran away from the group.

"Sorry guys I gotta go." I murmured as I ran. Everyone became confused and called out my name.

I can't believe I failed again. If I keep this up and breaking the promises I kept to my older self, how will I be able to save Kai? There's no way I can change the future now. And to top it all off...

For the first time in my life, I got my heart broken.

I could only run away, not knowing where I'm going. 

"Wait Kyungsoo!" I hear a familar voice behind me. I turn around and see Suho in great concern.

"Are you okay....you don't look fine..." he tells me.

"I'm just....I'm just gonna go home now" I muttered. Suho puts his hand on my shoulder. 

"You like Kai don't you?" 

I just continue to walk away, leaving Suho there alone. I'm sorry. I couldn't fix another regret my future self had. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

KAI'S POV

After I replied to Yoona's confession, everyone was cheering for me. I guess it is a good idea to go out with Yoona. Might as well try it out. She is pretty afterall. However, I don't think I saw Kyungsoo when I replied to Yoona's confession. I remember seeing him there, but he just disappeared randomly. I guess he had to go somewhere. 

I head to my locker to gather all of my stuff before going home. Suddenly, a note fell out of my locker and dropped to my feet. I bent down and picked it up. Slowly, I opened the note. I could only frown in concern upon seeing the letters on the note:

"NO"