Chapter 1 - Fate?

Moirai (STOPPED)


 

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” 
― Søren Kierkegaard

 

Hi, I’m Do Kyungsoo. A 16 year old teenager who is currently in his second year of high school. Right now, it’s the beginning of April. I’m living a pretty normal and happy life so far, being a productive student while still enjoying time with my friends and family. I keep track of what I’m doing every day in my life by recording it into my personal diary. However, one day…

 

I receive a strange text in my phone.

 

I wake up on a weekday, realizing that I was 10 minutes late to school. Crap. My perfect attendance! After quickly washing myself up, I put on my school uniform and stuff my work into my bag, including my personal diary. I head downstairs and run towards the door.

 

In homeroom (luckily I made it to school before the teacher arrived), I sit at my desk. Suddenly, a beep came from my phone, signaling that I received a text. Oddly, the sender’s name or number was not stated on the text, so I have no idea who it was from. Nonetheless, I should probably quickly look at it now, before class actually starts. The text reads:

 

Hello Kyungsoo,

 

How is highschool so far? Pretty stressful right? Listen, what I am about to tell you is completely crazy and you may not believe me at first. But…

I am you. And I’m texting this to my highschool self from ten years into the future.

 

I paused for a moment. What the hell is this? Some sort of terrible joke? There’s no way in hell that I could possibly receive a damn text message from my OLDER SELF ten years into the future. But props to the jokester for trying. I continue reading the text, amused by it.

 

I know exactly what you’re thinking. You’re probably like “What the hell is this?”, “There’s no way in hell that I could possibly receive a text message from my older self ten years into the future.”, or something along those lines, correct?

 

Okay, now I’m beginning to feel creeped out. Who the hell is this? Is this jokester a stalker or something? I carefully look at the students in the class around me, suspecting it might be one of them. However, no one seems to be on their phone right now.

 

In order for you to believe me, I’ve made a series of points that occurs today. April 1, 2013. I was able to remember these points since I’ve kept that personal diary right? Fortunately, I still have it in my hands. Good job keeping that diary in an excellent condition that it would last for 10 years, Kyungsoo. Now, according to the diary, today:

 

-I was 10 minutes late to school, worrying about my perfect attendance

 

My eyes widen. I couldn’t believe the words on this strange message.

 

-In homeroom, a new student was introduced to the class. His name is Kim Jongin.

-This boy will sit at the open desk next to you.

 

At that very exact moment, I hear the teacher speaking to the class.

“Alright everyone! We have a new student who will be joining us in class for the rest of the year. Please welcome, Kim Jongin!”

A boy enters the class, with his head facing slightly to the ground. He was unusually tan and had a thin figure. At this point, I could only stare in disbelief. This…couldn’t possibly be true. He faces the class and introduces himself.

“Hello. I’m Jongin and I look forward to working with you all this year” Jongin bows to the class, and I notice how handsome he is.

“Mmkay Jongin, please sit in the vacant seat next to Kyungsoo over there.” the teachers tells him as I get startled. Jongin slowly reaches to the seat to the right of me as the girls in the class whispers about him, saying how “hot” and “good-looking he is”. I give a nervous smile and a small bow to him as he sat. He returns a small smile to me and faces forward.

 

Still in great disbelief, I continue reading:

 

-Your friends will invite Kim Jongin to go eat after school.

-I really wish we hadn’t invited him though.

 

I hope by now, you believe that this is the 26 year old Kyungsoo communicating to you through this text. I’ll tell you how this is done later. But we’ve got more pressing things to do first. Now, what’s the purpose of this message? Well…..

 

In high school, ever since Kim Jongin joined the class, I’ve made numerous mistakes and have multiple regrets.

 

I really do wish that you won’t repeat the same mistakes as I did. Even to this day, I still terribly regret my actions in high school, especially regarding Kim Jongin. I hope you make the right decisions carefully and walk on the correct path. Therefore, I decided to send you a text message on a daily basis from the future and tell you what occurs each day, helping you select the right choices. However….

 

It’s up to you to actually perform those choices each day. Fate depends on yourself, not what I tell you to do. Do what you think is right. You’re a bright young man Kyungsoo. Good luck.

 

-Kyungsoo, 26 years old.

 

There was no more writing after that. I slowly put my phone down, staring into nothingness. This has to be a coincidence. It just has to be. By that time, my mind was all over the place. Perhaps the text message is actually true. But how?! How was this text message from older self be able to reach to me? How am I communicating to myself from the future?

 

I take my phone and hurriedly tried to text back to the sender:

 

“WHO THE ARE YOU, YOU EVIL SPAWN OF SATAN!!!! D:<”

 

However, no matter how many times I’ve pressed the reply button on my phone, I keep getting the same message from my phone, over and over:

 

“Unable to reply. Sender’s information is unavailable”

 

“Kyungsoo! Stop playing on your phone and pay attention! Class is starting.” the teacher scolded me. I snapped out of it, and properly faced forward. However, thoughts still were spinning around at the back of my head. I slightly turned my head to look at Jongin. Another question popped up in my head.

 

Why shouldn’t we invite Jongin to go out to eat?

 

a/n: just so ya'll know, I'm not the type of writer who writes the whole series first, then post it regularly in chapters. I do it as I go unfortunately ;-; So, updates may be a bit slow. I'll try my best! Especially when school is almost over. (yessss)

Hope you liked the first chapter. And yes, it may be a teary story. But I think its a bittersweet teary. There will be fluffy moments at times haha.