Brother-in-Laws

Nothing Better

            “I think I’ve got everything! I’ll see you soon!” Victoria said hurriedly as she inspected the groceries one more time. She was more than excited to finally be able to make 2PM some real food. The sad excuse of their hurried house warming party wasn’t going to cut it, and plus, Nichkhun had always wanted to prepare a proper meal for the boys.

            “Victoria, are you ready?” manager oppa asked, shocked to see so much laying on the kitchen table. “If this is how beasts eat, JYP is going to go broke!” he joked. “They’re going to love you as a sister-in-law!”

            “Oppa, stop! I’m already nervous enough as it is. Can’t you be a little more encouraging?” Victoria cried. She had no reason to be nervous, it’s not like this is their first time meeting… the one difference is, now that everything’s “official” and off-screen, what if they didn’t really like her? The many worries for a usually confident Victoria made her realize how much she truly cared about Nichkhun. She smiled to herself has the spun the ring around her finger. “Hwaiting hwaiting!” she whispered to herself.

 

            -

 

            Nichkhun paced around the house nervously. She was supposed to be here 5 minutes ago. Did an accident happen on the way or something? In the midst of debating whether to give her a call, the doorbell rang, sending Nichkhun running like a child. Holding his breath, he opened the door to find Victoria’s familiar figure standing at the door. She looked just as breath taking as he recalled, even though it’s only been a day since they last met.

            “Good morning, Nichkhun. Is there something on my face?” Victoria asked, handing Nichkhun the big box of groceries. Strongtoria strikes again, carrying all those groceries up herself.

            “Nope, just staring at how beautiful you are.” Nichkhun winked.

            “Do you tell this to every girl who comes to your dorm?” Victoria joked, with a hint of jealously. She wondered how many girls had been invited over before her.

            “JYP hyung doesn’t allow girls that aren’t in our company to come over, so the only people that have been over are the boys’ mothers, and Miss A may have been over once or twice.” He explained genuinely, laughing at how much he loved it when she got jealous.

            “Come, let me show you around.” Nichkhun said as he held her hand, leading her around the house. “The boys are all awake but just sitting in bed, the usual acts of resting 2PM. They’ve been excited all morning for you to come make them some actual food. We’re all so sick of take-out and fried chicken.” He whined, swinging her hand back and forth to show his ageyo.

            “Arasso, arasso, that’s why I’m here today!” Victoria said, patting his hand.

            “The kitchen is here, and as you can see, is spotless because we only come here to make ramen and drink water. I’m pretty sure our fridge is empty…” he sighed as he opened the fridge door. Nothing but the familiar bright fluorescent light greeted him.

“Anyway, this is Junho and Junsu’s room, this one is Chansung and Wooyoungs, and this one is mine and Taecyeon’s.” he said as he opened the door. There were two small beds on each side of the room, with a tall drawer in the middle, separating them. Two neatly organized desks sat at other corners of the room.

Taecyeon, still under the covers, looked up from his laptop. “Victoria! Good morning! I’d come say hi and give you a hug, but Nichkhun hyung might punch me for getting too close… and I may only be wearing boxers.” He blushed.

“Haha Taec, it’s okay. I can feel the love from here.” She said as sent him an air fist-bump. “You guys are so clean and organized! I thought your room would look like a hurricane hit it and left!” Victoria joked.

“We’re just full of surprises.” Nichkhun winked again.

“Wah, there’s so many pictures!” Victoria exclaimed as she looked around. “Oh, it’s Charleen and your umma!... and you guys looked so cute pre-debut!... Omo…” she trailed off, blushing as she got to an all too familiar picture.

“It’s my favorite picture. It’s been up for a while.” Nichkhun blushed as he held their Spiderman Kiss picture in his hands. “I’ve been mesmerized by you for a while.” He said, holding her hands again.

“Yah, take your lovey dovey stuff outside. This single man is about to throw up and cry!” a jealous Taec cried. “Let me get ready and I’ll help with lunch!”

 

-

 

One by one, each of the 2PM boys entered the kitchen to say hi, only to get sent away secretly by Nichkhun, nodding behind Victoria’s back for them to leave.

“Looks like you guys have everything under control, I guess we’ll go before we destroy the kitchen! Thanks for cooking, hyung and noona!” Wooyoung said as he moonwalks backwards out into the living room.

“Aiish, I wish I had a girlfriend to cook with.” Junho cried. “They look so happy, like coming straight out of a romantic drama.”

“I’m sure Scarlett Johansson is thinking the same somewhere in North America,” JunK joked, making fun of his dongseng for saying his ideal type is some foreign stranger.

“Man, that’d be awesome. We can make pancakes together everyday!” Junho continued.

“You can just pretend you’re Lee Minho hyung for now.” Chansung suggested, pointing to the TV playing Boys Over Flowers.

“I want to be like Kim Beom hyung though!” Junho argued.

“You can be both if you stop crying.” Taecyeon patted his head.

 

            -

 

            Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Nichkhun and Victoria cook as they do as if they were still on We Got Married – with Nichkhun being silly and doing random things to make her laugh, while she feeds him bits and pieces of what she’s cooking.

            “I wish we could do this everyday.” Nichkhun whined, holding Victoria in a back hug. “I would be the luckiest man alive if I could eat your food every day. Let’s run away, and you can be my housewife.”

            “Run away? Let’s run away to Thailand! I can make you papaya bok-bok all the time!” She beamed, turning her head to face Nichkhun to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

            “And we can spend the rest of our lives by the beach!” he laughed, returning the kiss and holding her tighter as she stirred the pot in front of her.

            Victoria stopped what she was doing and rested her head back on his shoulders. “How wonderful would it be to actually be able to do that… I’m so tired.”

            “A couple more comebacks, and then we’ll have enough money to run away!” Nichkhun joked.

            “Deh, let’s work hard together then!” Victoria exclaimed.

            Nichkhun laughed at how cute his girlfriend was. She always knew how to make the best of every situation. How wonderful would it be to spend the rest of their lives together, he thought.

            “Oh yeah, I forgot to show you this…” Nichkhun said, reaching under his sweater to show a ring on a necklace. “Does it look familiar?”

            Victoria knew from first glance that it was the same one as the one she was wearing. She held out her hand, “Did your boyfriend give you a ring too?” she joked.

            “Yeah, but mine is a little different…” he said. “Look.”

            Instead of NHxSQ, SQxNH was engraved on the inside.

            “Whoever this SQ person is must like you a lot.” She laughed.

            “Not as much as I like her.” He said, nuzzling his head into her neck.

            “Hehe, that tickles!” she laughed. “Let’s finish cooking so the boys don’t starve to death! Hurry and help!”

 

            -

 

            “Eat well!” everyone exclaimed, digging into the delicious looking lunch prepared by Nichkhun and Victoria.

            “OMO. This mapo tofu is so much better than they make it at the take out place!” Wooyoung beamed, scooping a big spoonful into his mouth.

            “Ani, this pad thai is to die for!” Junho said.

            “This Galbi is even better!” Chansung exclaimed.

            “Ani, this Sundubu jjigae is even better than the one my umma makes!” JunK exclaimed, making Victoria blush.

            “Thanks for making all this, sister-in-law!” Taecyeon joked. “If it doesn’t work out with Nichkhun hyung, I think you should consider marrying me!”

            “Yah yah, it’s not going to happen!” Nichkhun claimed.

            “And plus, Tiffany is going to be so mad if you marry me!” Victoria joked, making Taecyeon blush.

            All the boys broke out in laughter, giving Victoria high-fives and nudging Taecyeon.

            After all the food was cleared off, the boys offered up Chansung and Wooyoung to do the dishes so the lovebirds can spend time alone.

            “We never ended up watching a movie.” Nichkhun said, patting his leg as he pulled her onto his lap. “Want to do that? Or we can go out undercover to get ice cream.” He suggested, remembering how Victoria always made fun of him for being an ahjusshi for sitting around after eating.

            “Let’s stay in and rest. What was the movie you wanted to watch again?” She asked, leaning on his chest.

            “Yah, the couch is big enough for the 6 of us, you don’t have to share a seat!” a jealous Wooyoung exclaimed.

            “You’d be doing the same if your girlfriend came over!” Nichkhun retaliated. “It’s not like I don’t offer you guys a seat on my lap! You guys just reject it all the time!”

            Victoria laughed at how silly these boys were. It was nice to see them being so close to each other.

            “Wooyoung you’re welcome to come take my seat,” she offered. “It’s not all that amazing anyway.” She joked, smiling at Nichkhun.

            Picking her up and standing from the couch, Nichkhun placed her onto the couch before heading to the TV and plugging his laptop into the TV. “I’ve wanted to watch Baby and Me for a while, but I never had the time. Mason Moon is so cute!”

            “Omo! He is the cutest! You’re so lucky to have met him in person!”

            “You know, they say that he looks like a mini version of me. Does that make me cute?” Nichkhun joked, wriggling his eyebrows.

            “Haha, you’re only half as cute as he is” she beamed, “I hope one day our children will be as cute as he is.”

            “Our children? Wow Victoria, I only recently asked you to be my girlfriend, and now you want babies?” Nichkhun joked. “I mean if you want, we can make some right now!” He walked towards her, pinning her down on the couch with one swift motion before kissing her.

            It started out slow at first, as innocently as any couple sharing their first few kisses. Nichkhun felt her hand through his hair, his hands holding her tightly against his as their kiss deepened. It felt like there was no one else in the world as they made up for lost time through the kiss. A blushing Victoria broke away and sat up straight, fixing her hair as she heard a slight cough from the other end of the room, followed by bursts of laughter from the snooping boys.

            “Chansung ah, this is not meant for children!” JunK howled, covering Chansung’s eyes.

            “Yah! I thought you guys were going to give us privacy!” Nichkhun blushed, wiping lip gloss from his lips.

            The boys hurried away as Nichkhun threw a pillow in their direction.

            The two of them smiled at each other in embarrassment before cuddling up to watch the movie. Nichkhun found Victoria asleep on his shoulders just before the movie ended. Looking at her from this angle, he could tell she was tired and even looked a little skinnier than he remembered. It must be hard to be the leader of a group, having to be so strong and dependable all the time. He made a mental note of taking care of her more to help her share her burdens and to buy her more Red Ginseng like Yongdae had when they were still filming We Got Married. He unfolded the blanket that covered her knees and raised it carefully to her shoulders without waking her. He then sent a text to the rest of the house to be quiet so they don’t wake her. Watching her sleep so peacefully made him fall in love with her even more, if that was even possible. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt this way about anyone.

            Half an hour later, she woke up and found Nichkhun’s head resting on hers. They must have fallen asleep during the movie.

            Nichkhun rubbed his eyes. “Good morning beautiful.” He yawned. “Did you sleep well? Do I pass as a human pillow?”

            “10 out of 10, 10 out of 10!” she sang, dancing to their debut song.

            Fixing her bangs, Nichkhun laughed at how cute his girlfriend was. “Victoria, I want a massage.” He whined, leaning against her.

            “Arasso, Thai Prince-nim.” Victoria bowed before giving him a massage.

            They spent the rest of the afternoon talking and being silly before eating dinner with 2PM. Victoria prepared the 8 dishes for dinner, leaving the 2PM beasts in awe.

            “You should come over more often, Victoria!” JunK said as he finished off the food in his bowl. “We haven’t had a proper meal in so long. Man, I think I’m falling in love with you too!”

            “Yah yah, you guys back away!” Nichkhun swung his chopsticks in the air, holding Victoria with his free arm. “I called dibs on her!”

            “Yeah, but she thinks I’m good looking!” JunK shamelessly brought up. “Right Victoria? You still think I’m good looking, right?”

           

            -

 

            “Let me drive you home.” Nichkhun begged as the boys cleaned up the dishes and finished the fruit cut by Victoria.

            “But people are going to see!”

            “We can just go out in big hoodies. And plus it’s all dark outside anyway.”

            It was impossible to argue with Nichkhun when he used his puppy eyes.

            “Fine fine, but just this one time.” Victoria finally agreed.

            After bidding the members goodbye, Victoria and Nichkhun held hands to the parking lot.

            “Thanks for coming over to spend your day off with me” Nichkhun said, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

            “Ani, I wanted to come spend time with you.”

            Nichkhun placed his sweater on her knees before starting the car and reaching over to her side to hold her hand. “Just like old times.” He smiled.

            “Don’t forget we have a black room recording tomorrow.” He reminded.

            “Aren’t you going to get tired of me? Seeing me so many days in a row?” she asked.

            “Never.” He assured her, bringing her hand up and kissing it before returning it to her lap.