Unwrapped

Nothing Better

The boys woke up to an unfamiliar but mouthwatering scent. Chansung sniffed around without opening his eyes in attempt to figure out what scent was greeting them so early in the morning… well it was almost noon, so it wasn’t that early in the morning, but regardless, the group of groggy boys opened their eyes one by one in attempt to find the source of this scent.

Nichkhun rubbed his eyes as the sunlight greeted him. KiTeok and Victoria were no were in sight. He checked his cellphone for the time, reading 11:44A.M. He hadn’t had a chance to sleep in in so long, he forgot how awesome it felt to get a good night’s sleep. His phone blinked as it flooded with “Happy Birthday” messages from his friends in Korea and family back in Thailand, all insisting that they wanted to party with Nichkhun when he came home from their trip. They were in such a hurry to head to bed last night that the date completely slipped his mind. He washed up and smiled as headed downstairs in the direction of the familiar scent of his favorite breakfast.

KiTeok called out “Appa!” happily from his high chair as Nichkhun walked into the quite kitchen. Victoria turned around, surprised to see Nichkhun.

“Good morning sleepy head.” She said, flipping something on the griddle.

“Good morning yobeo” He said, making her blush. He stood beside her, picking around at the ingredients on the counter. She picked up a piece of pancake and fed it to him.

“Is it good?” she asked. She usually prepared Korean breakfasts, but since American breakfasts were his favorite, she picked up the habit of making it to surprise him.

“Mmm, perfect like always.” He confirmed, reaching for another piece, only to get shooed away by Victoria. “Are the girls still asleep?”

“I guess so. No one has come down yet.” Victoria said, cleaning KiTeok’s milk bottle.

“Have you been up for a while?”

“Mmm, about half an hour? KiTeok was getting hungry so I brought him downstairs.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up? I would have come help!”

“Ani, you looked too peaceful to be disturbed. Plus, today is the day to relax! You’re not getting any younger, ajusshi.” Victoria joked. “Happy Birthday honey…” she said, about to give him a kiss on the lips. She pecked him on the cheek instead as she saw the camera men hold their breaths in the corner. She wasn’t ready to get enveloped in a scandal so she would have to save the lovey-dovey for after filming.

“You know, apparently you become more attractive with age.” Nichkhun joked, wriggling eyebrows at Victoria.

Today was Nichkhun’s birthday and she couldn’t wait to shower him with her surprises. Nichkhun looked back on his last two birthdays. The first one he ever spent with Victoria, she had truly taken his breath away. It was probably that time when Nichkhun realized he was falling for her. He couldn’t wait to see what she had up her sleeve this year.

After a while, the 2PM boys came downstairs, yelling “HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHUN BRO!”. KiTeok was confused by the craziness of his uncles, but clapped along happily as his dad was attacked with hugs and kisses from s. f(x) came downstairs shortly after, giving Nichkhun birthday hugs as Sulli pulled a box from behind her.

“Appa, this is for you… from your best daughters.” Sulli said, handing him a box.

“Omo, thanks guys! You shouldn’t have! What is it?”

“Open it!” the girls urged.

Nichkhun opened the box and found the “family photo” they had taken during We Got Married, with Amber photoshopped in the corner. He laughed at how awkward they all looked, but the memories have now become so valuable. Beneath the photoframe was a pair of red sneakers. The girls knew how much he loved red and it was a bonus that they were sponsored by the brand, and didn’t have to pay for the gift, but Nichkhun didn’t have to know that. Afterall, it was the thought that counts, right?

“We know how much you love red.” Luna pointed out.

“And since you’re getting older, we figured you’d need the exercise, so this would be perfect!” Amber laughed.

“Yah, if he’s old, what does it make me?!” JunK yelled.

“A grandpa. It makes you a grandpa.” Wooyoung laughed, patting his hyung.

“Sister-in-law… do I smell breakfast?” Chansung looked around eagerly.

“Yup, I made pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns and grilled ham and cheese sandwhiches. Go sit at the table, they should be ready now.”

“Daebak! You are the best!” Taecyeon said, stealing a piece of bacon before grabbing utensils for the table.

“Go sit…” Victoria insisted as Nichkhun tried to help her. She pushed him away as the girls rushed to bring food to the table. The food was quickly devoured and it was decided during breakfast that they were going to play games with KiTeok today in hopes to get some points for the “best parent” competition that was to happen tonight. The boys and girls went outside to where the crew had set up a picnic like area with balls and toys that made KiTeok clap in excitement. They spent the morning chasing after him and playing with him like any family would on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Nichkhun followed KiTeok and s around with a video recorder as he did when Khuntoria went on trips during We Got Married. He loved taking home videos and couldn’t wait to add this weekend to his collection.

An exhausted group of idols sat on the grass. After an afternoon of playing, they were sweaty and tired.

“Yah, it takes so much energy to entertain a kid.” Junho complained. “Omma, appa, I love you.” He said to the camera.

“Us too!” everyone chimed in.

“One last game before dinner?” MC Taecyeon suggested.

“Fine, you’re probably going to lose this one anyway.” Chansung joked, earning himself a headlock from Taecyeon.

“Baby relay is the game! Losing team has to change KiTeok’s diapers for the rest of the night, are there any objections?” Taecyeon gave them a millisecond to think before continuing. “Good, so we’ve set up little tricycles around the course. You have to travel by tricycle to each of the stops and the couple completing this in the longest time will be punished!”

An hour of cheering and laughter arose as the idols ran along the lake to complete their challenges even though KiTeok kept distracting them. In the end, after drinking an entire bottle of baby formula milk, putting a diaper on a fake baby, and dancing like crazy people in attempt to make KiTeok laugh, Sulli and Chansung ended up losing.

“You couldn’t make him laugh because you look like you wanted to eat him!” Nichkhun joked, cheering for getting off diaper duty tonight. He was feeding water to a sweaty KiTeok as MC Taec made fun of the losing team a little more.

“Noona, they’re bullying me!” Chansung pouted, walking towards Victoria.

“Yah yah yah, this noona isn’t going to comfort you.” Nichkhun joked, stepping in front of Chansung to protect Victoria.

They laughed for a little longer before setting up an outdoor barbeque. In honor of Nichkhun’s birthday, they had samgyupsal and all the meat you could possibly imagine. The girls sat and waited for food as the “manly” beasts pranced around serving food. Victoria brought out a vanilla ice cream cake with strawberries on top after dinner, making the KiTeok and the boys drool.

“Make a wish!” Victoria urged after they sang him Happy Birthday.

“I don’t need to, my dreams have already come true.” He said, reaching for Victoria’s hand. He didn’t care that there were cameras, his fans can get jealous all they want, but today was his birthday and he can do whatever he wants.

“Yah, you guys are going to make us throw up dinner!” the boys complained, pretending to shudder.

“Omooooo. How cute.” the girls swooned.

Victoria’s face flushed as she urged him to wish properly.

Nichkhun obeyed, closing his eyes and putting his hands in front of his chest. I wish that Victoria will love me forever and everyone I love will stay healthy and happy.

Everyone cheered as he blew out the candles. KiTeok and Nichkhun got cake all over their face thanks to the mischievous uncles. The girls laughed as the boys chased each other around with cake in hand. Victoria cleaned cake off KiTeok’s face before wiping cake off Nichkhun’s face.

“Still handsome.” She assured him.

After cake, the group migrated inside. They appeared in front of the camera after showering in weird outfits for the last segment of the night. KiTeok was supposed to pick his “favorite” parent couple. To make things fair, Khuntoria was excluded. Taecyeon and Krystal, dressed as cows, walked into the room as if it were a fashion show. KiTeok immediately got up and tugged at their tail. Nichkhun, with his arm behind Victoria on the couch laughed as they danced. Wooyoung and Amber appeared as Teletubbies, but KiTeok seemed more frightened than happy.

“Aiish. I knew these outfits were creepy!” Wooyoung complained, regretting their choice immediately.

JunK came out wrapped in a Pororo blanket. Most kids would have gone nuts for “President Po”, but KiTeok was more interested in the utters of the dancing cow couple. Junho and Luna came out wearing the couple t-shirts Victoria and Nichkhun had worn the day before. KiTeok recognized it immediately and poked at the papa bear on Junho’s chest.

“Assa! He recognizes the scent!” Junho joked.

Chansung and Sulli came out dressed as cats, with whiskers drawn on their face. KiTeok showed little interest in them as well. They stood in a line at the other end of the room. Nichkhun let KiTeok on the floor and tried his best to explain to KiTeok what his task was. Everyone at the other end cheered loudly and clapped their hands in hope to distract KiTeok and get him to choose them as the “best parent”. KiTeok inched back and forth but ultimately walked into Junho’s embrace.

“I told you he recognizes the scent!” Junho cheered, tossing KiTeok in the air before high fiving Luna.

“I knew you loved us most all along!” Luna said, kissing KiTeok on the cheek.

The camera’s stopped rolling shortly after the competition when KiTeok began to get cranky. Victoria and Nichkhun put him to bed, as the members remained downstairs, getting into their pajamas for their final night of relaxation before they had to head back to their lives as idols.

Nichkhun and Victoria joined them shortly after as the members sat around the house. It seemed so much bigger without the camera crew.

“Noona, what did you give hyung for his birthday?” Wooyoung asked.

“The better question is, what did you guys get for Nichkhun oppa?” Sulli questioned, leaving the boys speechless in embarrassment.

“We gave him the gift of love and brotherhood, obviously.” JunK. defended. “There’s nothing more valuable than the power of love and we’ve devoted our lives to a lifetime of brotherhood.”

“So… you guys didn’t get him anything?” Amber laughed at how hard the boys were trying to defend themselves.

“Actually…” Taecyeon began, holding out his cellphone, “we donated money in his honor to children in Africa.” Showing the girls the proof. “We asked him what he wanted but he said he didn’t need anything and said other people needed it more than he did.”

The girls swooned at how angelic Nichkhun was. As “beastly” as the idols were, they were truly wonderful people and deserved every bit of fandom they had worked for. Nichkhun and Victoria returned shortly after, hand in hand as they headed down the stairs. The rest of the night went by in a blur as they enjoyed wine over casual conversations and silly drinking games before the idols headed to bed.

Nichkhun came out of the bathroom to find Victoria lying seductively on the bed… well it was supposed to be seductive, but ended up looking kind of quirky.

“Victoria are you trying to seduce me?” Nichkhun joked, taking out his phone in attempt to take a pictre to capture the moment.

“Yah yah, no pictures!” Victoria blushed, getting up from her position.

“Alright, alright.” Nichkhun finally gave in, pinning her down on the bed before giving her a kiss. “So, about this birthday present?” he asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

“Close your eyes.” She said, getting him all excited.

He closed his eyes and pouted in the air, half expecting Victoria to continue to seduce him. He attempted to open his eyes to peek at what his girlfriend had up her sleeve. She had taken a million pictures of his pouting face and was ready to use it as blackmail.

“No peeking!” she insisted, waving her hand in front of his eyes.

“Hurry, I’m going to be 100 years old by the time you’re ready!” he said, extending his hands in attempt to catch her.

“Ok! I’m ready! Open your eyes”

Nichkhun’s breath left his chest as he looked up in shock. Victoria stood before him in a red lingerie nightgown and a bow on her head. He recalled how cute she was the last time she danced for him with a bow on her head. He wanted to unwrap her then and there, had the cameras not been there.

“Are you giving yourself to me as a gift?” he asked, wrapping his hand around her waist as he remained sitting on the bed, taking in her scent.

“Well I was yours already… but I thought it’d be nice if you could unwrap me for yourself.” She giggled in embarrassment. She was so confident when this played out in her head, but now it seemed like she lost all her confidence.

“Wow since when did you become so feisty?” he asked, admiring how cute she was with her face flushed in embarrassment. He loved how she appeared to be so innocent but went out of her way to do this just for him. He couldn’t help but be jealous at the possible thought that she had done this for her former boyfriend.

“Aiiiisshh. I knew this wasn’t going to work!” she said, covering her face in embarssment.

“Ani, ani. I’m not complaining… I love it. I can’t wait to unwrap you!” he said, pulling her onto the bed and tickling her. She giggled as he planted kisses around her neck before making out with her. Suddenly, Nichkhun’s phone rang, startling the two as they sat up in attempt to look innocent even though they remained alone in the room. He looked at Victoria and laughed as the two thought about all the times they had to play innocent in fear that someone would catch them being all lovey-dovey. Being caught in this act would surely start massive scandals.

Nichkhun smiled as he picked up his phone, holding it in front of him in anticipation of the video call. His excited family who called to say Happy Birthday greeted him and he waved back to them. Victoria put on Nichkhun’s cardigan and removed the bow from her head before waving shyly at the family members along with Nichkhun.

After the phone was passed around once, Cherleen appeared on the screen.

“Happy Birthday bro! How was your day?”

“It was good. We had a pretty chill day of filming and we’re just about to head to bed.”

“Cool cool.” She said absently before getting excited again. “Onni! How are you?!”

“Hi Cherleen! I’m good! How are you? How’s that boy you were telling me about?”

“Yah yah, what boy?!” Nichkhun jokingly yelled, suddenly becoming the protective big brother.

“Shh, it’s nothing.” Victoria brushed him away before continuing to giggle with Cherleen.

Nichkhun grabbed the phone and pretended to be angry before centering his face on the screen.

“If you don’t mind, we were planning to get to bed.” Nichkhun said. “We will talk about this boyfriend business later when I get back to Seoul!”

“Gosh, can’t you share Victoria onni for one second? You guys have all night to do whatever you do, mister topless.”

Victoria blushed as she looked at Nichkhun, whose ears became right red as he realized that he was topless and sitting in bed with Victoria.

“Yah yah, this is none of your business, miss.” Nichkhun defended.

“Yeah, it’s not what you’re thinkning!” Victoria insisted.

“Why aren’t you asleep? Isn’t it like 1AM in Thailand?” he asked, trying to divert her attention.

“I’m not a kid anymore, but I still don’t want to know what you guys do.” Cherleen said, making a disgusted face. “Mom said to call her when you guys have the time. Don’t do bad things bro.” she winked before hanging up.

Nichkhun threw his phone onto the ground before turning back to Victoria, taking off his cardigan from her to expose the lingerie once more.

They started out slowly at first but became more passionate as if they were making up for lost time. Soon the two laid under the blankets. The two tried their hardest to be quiet despite the overflow of love and passion that went on for a while before the two finally caught a breath. It was hard to deny that the best birthday present he ever got was Victoria with a side of birthday as he kissed her on the forehead gently before drifting off to sleep.

 

-

 

The next morning, f(x) prepared breakfast together to surprise the boys. The girls continued to question Victoria, insisting that they heard noises coming from their bedroom. Victoria only blushed, denying all accusations as she attempted to look busy in the kitchen. The boys joined shortly after, KiTeok clapping happily as he sat on Wooyoung’s shoulders.

“FOOD!” Taecyeon chanted, opening his mouth behind Victoria and insisting on being fed.

“You are the best sister in law ever.” He said, giving her a slight neck massage before heading back to the table.

The boys excitedly devoured the food before heading up to pack in preparation for their ride home. After cramming everything into their suitcases and loading the girl’s bags, they bid their short vacation goodbye.

“Happy times always pass by faster.” Junho complained, capturing selfies with the lake before heading home.

 

-

 

The boys interrogated Nichkhun the second they got back to their dorm.

“Hyung, there’s no way noona didn’t surprise you with something.” Wooyoung insisted.

“If you loved us you’d tell us!” Taecyeon insisted.

“Why? You guys are just going to get jealous.” Nichkhun laughed.

“Aiiish, you rascal. Let us be jealous and tell us!” JunK said, putting him in a headlock.

“Fine fine…” Nichkhun gave in, telling s what happened that night, leaving out the minor details of their night.

The boys cheered in applause as Nichkhun finished the story. It’s been a while since one of them had a story to tell, and of course, the lucky guy had to be the best looking member, the boys thought in jealousy.

“Victoria noona is really the best.” Junho sighed. “When will I meet my soul mate?”

“When the time comes, you’ll know.” Nichkhun said, patting his back before smiling to himself. He missed Victoria already, even though it’s barely been hours since they had seen each other. He wondered what it would be like to be able to date in public, he couldn’t wait to show her off and warn other men that she was taken.