A little fate in Thailand

Nothing Better

            The smell of coconuts greeted the couple as they stepped off the plane. Fans cheered wildly as they caught glimpses of their favorite couple. A clothing brand in Thailand had invited the couple to film a CF, giving them a perfect reason to appear together here instead of having to tell their fans they were here on a couples vacation. As per last time, Victoria and Nichkhun headed to his grandmother’s house to greet everyone in the family. It was easier to talk to everyone without the cameras around the house.

            Nichkhun’s mom stepped out of the house and walked past Nichkhun to embrace Victoria, immediately smiling widely as all mother-in-laws with when their son brought their significant others home. Victoria didn’t realize how much she had missed this big family, thinking how wonderful it’d be to be a part of it in the future. After setting down the tea and gifts she brought from Korea and China, she followed Nichkhun’s mom into the kitchen as Nichkhun stayed outside with his grandma.

            “How was the flight? You guys must be tired. I’m so happy you guys get to be here for longer than one night this time!” Nichkhun’s mom exclaimed, busy preparing things in the kitchen.

            “Here let me help you.” Victoria offered, washing the vegetables in the sink. “The flight was good… it’s a good thing there isn’t that big of a time difference. We finished filming for Hello Baby so we have our schedules completely free.” She explained, sighing as she remembered how emotional the two of them were for bidding KiTeok goodbye. She actually cried on camera when he left, it was like a part of her heart was torn out from her chest.

            “Good, you guys should rest! I told Cherleen to clean out the apartment so you guys have no business in staying in hotels this time.”

            “Oh, thanks mom… but let me ask our managers first, just because you know how crazy fans get.”

            “I love it when you call me mom. I can’t wait for you to become my daughter-in-law, and if Nichkhun ever changes his mind about you, I’m going to physically beat him to death.” She joked. “How I wish you guys can date in public, it must be hard to sneak around, huh?”

            “I think we’re pretty used to it by now. Our dating bans will be lifted soon enough, but it’s hard to surface without potentially ruining our fan base, and it wouldn’t be fair to our members.” Victoria sighed.

            “But this just makes your guys’ love more worthwhile.” His mom assured her. “Nothing valuable comes easy, so cherish each other.”

            Nichkhun walked in as the two women laughed about Nichkhun’s troubles with KiTeok, standing behind the two women as they continued on without realizing his presence.

            “Ahem…” he cleared his throat with exaggeration, scaring the two and earning punches on either arm.

            “Why did I get punched for getting laughed at?!” he whined, putting his head on Victoria’s shoulders. “You guys are really becoming more alike.”

            “Think of it as constructive criticism.” His mom laughed. “It’ll help you when you guys really have a baby.”

            The two blushed, caught in surprise by the sudden change in topic.

            “Mom, it’s too early to think about this stuff. We still have a long way to go as idols.” Nichkhun said, making Victoria’s heart sink a little again. She tried to reassure herself, thinking that if Nichkhun wasn’t serious about her she wouldn’t be here in his home, but to be fair, what he said wasn’t completely false. The two were at their prime and even though she really wanted to become a mom, right now is just not the right time. Was the it same in Nichkhun’s mind though? Was time the only essence holding his fatherhood dreams back? Or was that just a cop-out way of letting Victoria know that she’s not the “ideal mother figure” he had hoped to start a family with one day?

            “Dinner won’t be ready for a while, why don’t you and Victoria go explore town for a little bit?” his mom suggested, shooing them out of the kitchen in hopes that they will run to the bedroom right away and make a grandchild. She knew that the two were still young, but she couldn’t wait to have grandchildren now that she was retired, and it’d be easier to convince Nichkhun to have a baby since Nichan was still single and ready to mingle.

            A rush of cousins entered the house excitedly as the two stepped out of the kitchen. Victoria remembered most of the faces and was greeted by a wave of hugs and high fives. The couple left the house and climbed into the car with huge sunglasses on, in attempt to blend in with the rest of Thailand.

            Nichkhun parked the car and opened the door for Victoria, who had her head raised as she took in the high rises surrounding her.

            “Remember how I told you about the 63 building in Thailand?”

            She nodded, recalling their filming memories. The 63 building meant a lot to them, whether it was the underground parking lot of the opened 63rd floor. The couple walked into the building, hand apart just incase paparazzi were around. Once in the elevator, Nichkhun held Victoria’s hand tightly. When the elevator doors opened at level 60, the couple got out and walked up the stairs to the open area of the tower. The view of Bangkok was breathtaking and Victoria walked around the perimeter of the building excitedly, asking Nichkhun questions about the city he grew up in. Nichkhun shared childhood stories with Victoria, taking in her beauty as her eyes shined brightly on his walk down memory lane. The two continued to walk hand in hand until they reached the café, breaking apart again as they ordered drinks and dessert to-go before heading to the car.

 

            -

 

            “Yah, stupid. Look to your left. Not that left… your other left.” Nichkhun instructed into the phone.

            Victoria laughed from inside the car as she watched Cherleen look around in confusion before finally spotting the car. Nichkhun and Victoria had decided to surprise her and pick her up from school since she had to stay late for practice. She was still very into dancing and couldn’t wait to make Victoria and Nichkhun help her tweak her movements…. Well she was hoping more to get help from Victoria since Nichkhun didn’t have the smoothest moves, but she thought she’d be nice and let him sit and watch.

            Cherleen entered the car excitedly, the two girls immediately exchanging hellos and catching up with each other. Nichkhun knew they talked, but he didn’t expect them to be so close. It was like they were long lost best friends and although he loved how much Cherleen adored Victoria, he couldn’t help but be a little jealous. He didn’t want to share Victoria with anyone, and it was obvious that if him and Cherleen fell in the water at this moment, if she knew how to swim, Victoria would save Cherleen first. Despite being in the presence of Cherleen, Nichkhun reached over to hold Victoria’s hand in her lap with his left hand as he drove, a habit he had developed ever since he got his license. Cherleen looked at her brother, taking in how happy he was, and mentally applauded him for picking such a wonderful sister in law. She couldn’t see him with anyone else and she personally would not let him give up such an amazing woman.

            Victoria’s eyes beamed when a giant durian followed after dinner. Nichkhun laughed at how easily she was amused, thinking how touched she’d be if he proposed to her with a durian. He paused for a moment in his head… he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Victoria, but being idols made it so hard. He had always wanted to be a father early, but how was he supposed to leave his bachelor members behind? He knew s would throw away the fame for family, but he had no intentions of being selfish enough to make them do that. He reasoned with himself that f(x) was also at their prime and there was no way Victoria would leave her kids behind at a moment like this in their career. There was so much to think about before starting a family, regretting becoming an idol at a time like this. He wouldn’t have met Victoria if he wasn’t an idol, but the same reason was also holding him back from proposing there and then. If their virtual marriage was so easy, why couldn’t his fans just accept them as a couple?

            “Hello? Earth to P’Khun!” Cherleen said, waving her hand in his face. “Dude, stop staring at Victoria, you’re creeping her out.” Nichkhun nudged Cherleen slightly after being caught in the act.

            His mom and grandma had shooed them out of the house right after dinner, insisting that they went to the apartment and rested. They had all day to spend together tomorrow anyhow, so time was not of essence. Cherleen had begged to stay with the couple, insisting Nichkhun could take the couch while she slept with Victoria. Victoria had no problem with it, but Nichkhun had to signal to his mom to hold Cherleen back as he made an escape for the car. He loved his sister, but there was no way he’d let her come third-wheel their romantic getaway. He had other things planned for tonight.

           

            -

 

            “Nichkhun, you really are a prince.” Victoria said, mesmerized by the view from the 38th floor as she walked towards the glass wall on the other end of the apartment.

            Nichkhun laughed slightly. He hadn’t been in this apartment before as it was usually rented out, but he was happy that Victoria loved it. Come to think of it, she never really disliked anything. After setting down their luggage, the couple plopped down on the couch, finally catching a breath after the whirlwind of family members and running around all day. Victoria turned around to peek at Nichkhun, who had his eyes closed as he rested his hand on her thigh. He was so at peace it really seemed like he was an angel. There was something about him that just made him irresistible, making Victoria feel inferior to other girls once again.

            “Get up get up. Let’s go to bed.” Victoria said, tapping him lightly on the shoulders. “You must be tired.”

            “Omo Victoria, trying to get me into bed already?” he joked, turning around and holding her in an embrace and trapping her with his leg.

            “Ani!” She denied. “You can sleep out here tonight. I’m going to shower and get ready for bed.”

            “I’m not letting you go.” He insisted, continuing to hold her down. Strongtoria was no match for the beast idol’s grip. “I’ll let you go only if you promise to let me come in the shower with you.”

            Victoria blushed “Okay, fine.”

            Nichkhun shot up, surprised at the response. He was expecting her to put up a fight, but was more than delighted by the lack of effort in trying to convince her to let him join. He’d always wanted to hop in the shower with her.

            Victoria got up and walked towards the bedroom, running as soon as the bathroom came in sight. Nichkhun, realizing that he had been tricked, ran after her, only to be greeted by a locked door. He spent a couple minutes trying to pick the lock, only to realize that Victoria had left her pajamas outside on the bed. She would have no choice but to come out in a towel, essentially walking into his embrace half .

            Just as planned, Victoria called out from the bathroom shortly after. “Nichkhun… I left my clothes outside… can you pass them to me?”

            “Muahaha, Nichkhun is not here at the moment, please leave a message… beep.” He joked, sitting on the bed.

            She opened the door slightly and peeped outside, laughing at Nichkhun who was sitting proudly on the bed. Here she was, thinking she out-smarted him.

            “I guess I’ll just stand here and catch a cold then.” She sighed, hoping he’d give in.

            “Or… you could just walk out here and get dressed. I promise I won’t look.” He laughed, covering his eyes with his hands but leaving a giant gap to peep at her.

            “Nichkhunnnnnn… pleeeeaseee…” Victoria tried ageyo.

            “Ageyo isn’t going to work here, miss.” He approached the bathroom door, attempting to check her out.

            Victoria closed the door slightly in attempt to think of a plan. When she realized that there was no way out, she held her towel tightly to her chest and opened the door, sticking close to Nichkhun so he couldn’t get a full view of her.

            “There’s really nothing I haven’t seen before, Vic. You don’t have to be self-conscious.”

            “Easy for you to say, mister I have a 6 pack.” She said, continuing to inch towards the bed and pushing him along with her.

            Nichkhun stopped her just before getting to the bed, holding her in his embrace. “I mean it. I love you for who you are, not what you look like. You being super hot is just a bonus. I would love you the same even if I became blind and couldn’t see you anymore. I swear.”

            He always knew the right things to say to make her heart flutter. Whatever ounce of insecurity she had before jumped out the window as she returned his embrace.

            “Now miss, put some clothes on. My girlfriend isn’t going to appreciate you trying to seduce me like this.” He joked, earning a push to the chest.

            Victoria was laughing at something on the laptop screen when he finished showering, sitting on the bed with his over-sized t-shirt and short shorts on. Nichkhun debated on not putting clothes on and hopping straight into bed since he planned to take them all off anyway, but thought about how much more fun it’d be to let her take it off for him. Putting on shorts and a t-shirt, he crawled into bed with her, putting his arm under her as he tried to see what she was laughing at. An episode of Running Man was being streamed on the screen as he joined her in laughter. When the episode was over, Victoria handed the laptop to Nichkhun. The benefits of having a boyfriend, she thought to herself, was being able to stay in the warmth of the blankets while her boyfriend put stuff away for her. Nichkhun returned to the bed a second later, propping himself up with his elbow and looking down at Victoria.

            They were both thinking the same thing, all it needed was someone to initiate it, and the usual wildness of the bedroom would be started. Nichkhun inched his warm hands up her t-shirt as he lowered his head for a kiss. Victoria wrapped her arms around his neck as he continued to deepen the kiss, eventually engaging in a passionate make out session. Nichkhun helped her inch out of her shorts as she proceeded to do the same, her hand giving him a shiver of sensation. His beastly side emerging at her touch, he whipped the rest of her clothes off.

            Nichkhun groggily woke up next to a peacefully sleeping Victoria. His phone was buzzing on the bedside table. It was only 10AM but Cherleen had already called him 4 times. He ignored the call and sent her a text telling her Victoria was still asleep. She must be really tired, he thought proudly, assuming that it was the multiple times of love making last night that tired her out. He was in the middle of applauding himself for having such great stamina when Cherleen’s text telling them to come over to grandma’s for lunch ruined the moment. Victoria turned in her position and yawned towards Nichkhun.

            “Good morning sunshine.” He said softly, brushing her bangs.

            “Mmm.” She mumbled goggily.

            “Did I tire you out last night?” he winked.

            “I think I should be asking you the same thing.” She said, lifting her head to plant a little kiss on his cheek.

           

            -

 

            The CF for the clothing company was filmed on a hot day on the streets of Bangkok, attracting lots of attention. The couple was instructed to walk towards each other from two ends of the street, bumping into each other. A costume change later, the two meet again on the street. After multiple encounters, the boy finally asks the girl out, pointing out that fate must have brought them together. The clothing brand, which they have been wearing, happened to be named phate, a play on words and romantic setting made Khuntoria fans coo as they watched the filming. The storyboard didn’t involve a kiss scene, but Nichkhun secretly hoped the director would suddenly change his mind. There was no luck there, but the filming of the CF was still fun with Victoria around. At least this time he didn’t have to explain to her that the girl he worked with wasn’t as pretty as her.

 

            -

 

            Victoria sighed in the f(x) practice room as she looked through pictures of their Thailand getaway for the third time this week. Their vacation had ended 3 weeks ago but she already found herself wanting to go back. The beaches, rivers, delicious food and family photos made her miss the sweet scent of fruits that surrounded the streets. Their short vacation ended too quickly and Victoria was already looking at her schedule to see when they could next run away.

            f(x) looked at the pictures in jealousy.

            “Omma, why didn’t you take us on vacation too?” Luna cried jokingly.

            “Man, the beach looks amazing.” Krystal complained. “I didn’t even go to a swimming pool on my days off.”

            “Maybe if we make a good comeback this time we will have a big break!” Sullu dreamed.

            “Then I guess we should start practicing!” Victoria said, dragging each of the girls up off the floor.

            Hours and hours of practice after, all 5 sweaty members stretched out on the floor.

            “Oh, does anyone have a tampon?” Luna asked, digging through her make up bag.

            “Yeah, I have some in my duffle bag.” Victoria said, pointing to the baby blue bag that Nichkhun’s mom had given to her before.

            Victoria paused for a second, trying to recall the last time she had her period. She should have gotten it by now she mentally calculated the days. She wasn’t always on schedule, especially when they were all stressed about the new comeback concept. There was nothing to worry about, she assured herself, trying to think when she and Nichkhun last had . “I’m sure it’ll comes soon.” she continued to assure herself. What are the chances? They’ve always stayed protected. The more she tried to reassure herself, the more scared she became, praying for the first time since she was 15 that her period would come right now, even if it meant she had to curl up in a ball in cramps.

 

 

--

 

Authors Note/Preview of the next chapter:

Hi subscribers and silent readers! I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I know the beginning has pretty much been romantic fluff, but I hope it's been making you Khuntorian's smile! Just wanted to thank you guys for being so patient with the chapter updates and I love how you guys leave me comments! Let me know that else you guys want to read about and i'll try to put it in my story! I've already started the next chapter, so i thought I should give you guys a little preview of chapter 16. Khuntoria is no so smooth sailing anymore!

 

Chapter 16:

Victoria held her breath as the placed the pregnancy test on the surface of the cool porcelain counter, her hands trembling. Tears began to fall from her eyes as she slid down to the ground, knees all of a sudden weak. Wasn’t this what she had wanted? Why now, then, was she so upset? She picked up her cellphone and dialed the number, hands continuing to tremble as she tried to catch breaths between the hysteric crying.