Lettuce Lovers

Nothing Better

Nichkhun tiptoed around the house setting up his Valentine’s Day surprise before leaving for make up and rehearsals. He was sad that he had to work on the supposedly most romantic day of the year, wishing he could spend the day alone with Victoria and KiTeok. The thought of having to give roses to women he didn’t know as part of the show had no appeal for him or 2PM members, but an idol’s got to go what an idol’s got to do, they supposed.

            By the time Victoria woke up, Nichkhun’s side of the bed was already empty. She sighed, checking her phone before getting up to check on KiTeok. No messages. The camera crew followed her around after the make up team fixed her up. She carried KiTeok downstairs and smiled as she saw the roses on the table.

            “Flower!” KiTeok pointed happily, clapping his hands.

            “Yeah! They’re from appa! Aren’t they pretty?” she asked, setting KiTeok on the counter as she picked up the small card.

            “Happy Valentine’s Day my love! Go to the fridge for your first surprise!” she read out loud. Since the contents of the card were to be read out loud, Nichkhun kept it short and simple, saving the cheesiness for another occasion.

            Victoria opened the fridge to see a gold box in the fridge, with Godiva Chocolatier marked on the side. She absolutely loved everything from Godiva, already excited to see what was in the box. The box was full of dark-chocolate covered strawberries, her favorite.

“Berry berry!” KiTeok smiled, reaching for the box. Victoria fed him a strawberry and had one for herself. Chocolate should be part of every breakfast, she thought to herself.

A small post-it note attached to the box read: “Now go to the terrace!”

            She put KiTeok’s jacket on and lifted the blinds, guiding him outside to the terrace.

            “Poo!” KiTeok pointed, making a face.

            Victoria laughed. “Silly, that isn’t poo! It’s soil, for planting vegetables!” She bent down, reading the little notes jabbed into the soil as she recalled the first time they bickered over finding a hobby. They never got to eat the lettuce and peppers they grew during We Got Married, she remembered, slightly disappointed.

            “I know we didn’t get to eat the last ones we planted and I’m sorry for being so impatient the last time we attempted this even though you were always so patient with the things I wanted to do. I understand now, that like planting vegetables, a strong love takes time to develop. I hope our love will blossom and bloom as well as these vegetables! Let’s eat lots of samgyupsal with our baby soon! Love you!”

            Victoria laughed, admiring the currently empty pot of plants in front of her, hopeful that this time they’d actually be able to harvest their hard work.  Victoria prepared porridge for KiTeok and checked her watch as she cleaned him up, mentally calculating the hours she had to prepare for her Valentine’s Day surprise. The Valentine’s Day special show starts filming at 7:30, with Nichkhun and Taecyeon performing at 8:30 and 2PM closer to the finale at 9:30. She would have to deliver dinner to the boys by 6:30 so they weren’t too full for their performance. She had planned to surprise Nichkhun at work with KiTeok, so at least they could spend the night together. After returning from grocery shopping, Victoria put KiTeok in his playpen and got to work, running around the kitchen in hopes to cook as fast as possible since it took her so much longer to shop with a baby with her. She admired how all the mothers did it everyday, wiping sweat from her forehead as KiTeok watched his omma run around in amusement.

            Her manager oppa picked the two of them up at 6:00 and headed to the studio, where they were immediately bombarded by other idols and sunbaes who were dying to meet the cute kid of Khuntoria. They ran through the crowd, promising to come back to say hi after setting down the stuff in 2PM’s waiting room.

            “Yah I’m so hungry, hyung! Can we order take out? Pizza? Chicken? Anything!? PLEASE!” Victoria heard Junho beg from outside the door. She knocked before opening the door; guiding KiTeok into the room and making sure it didn’t close on him.

            “Oh, omo! Who is this?!” JunK beamed, picking KiTeok up. “Hi Victoria!” he said, offering a fist-bump. Instead, Victoria handed him a giant bag of containers heavy with food.

            “APPA! APPA!” KiTeok cried excitedly as Nichkhun came in sight behind JunK. KiTeok squirmed with all his might from JunK’s embrace and ran towards Nichkhun.

            “Did the scary ajusshi scare you?” Nichkhun joked, pointing to JunK.

            “Yah yah, I’ll beat you up even if you have a kid.” JunK threatened.

            “Hi honey.” Nichkhun said, putting his hand behind her waist for a hug. “What are you doing here?! I thought you said you were too tired to come visit?”

            “You’re not the only one with surprises, you know.” She said, pointing to the food being unveiled by 2PM at the table.

            “Omo sister-in-law you really are the best!” she loved how 2PM still called her that even though they were not filming We Got Married anymore. “This is for us too, right?” Chansung confirmed with a fork full of food in front of his face.

            “Yup! I figured you guys would be hungry before the show”, she said, remembering how horrible it was during special events when the shows dragged on for extra long. “And I figured you guys were going to have take out again so why not bring you food too? Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!” she beamed.

            “Sister-in-law you’re going to make me cry!” Wooyoung pretended to cry on Taecyeon’s shoulders before continuing to dig through the food. Taecyeon pushed him away before walking towards Nichkhun.

            “Come to Uncle Taec!” He raised his arms and tried to get KiTeok’s attention.

            KiTeok turned around and buried his face in Nichkhun’s shoulders. “Appa!” he said, hugging Nichkhun tighter.

            “Yah Taec, your beastly teeth are too scary. The kid thinks you’re going to eat him!” JunHo joked, stuffing his face with food. “Let me show you how it’s done!”

            JunHo walked over to Nichkhun, shaking the keychains around his cellphones in front of KiTeok. “Wah, isn’t this pretty? Come to Uncle JunHo to play!” he clapped.

            KiTeok looked at him in confusion before pushing his cellphone away. “Appa  appa!” he hugged Nichkhun again.

            “Yah, we’re not going to get any camera time if we don’t have the kid!” Wooyoung joked. “They’re here to film Hello Baby, not Hello 2PM!”

            “We need to get the baby for some one-shots!” Taecyeon continued to joke. “Otherwise it’s going to be a Khuntoria reunion again, and more single men separation!”

            “Maybe Nichkhun hyung won’t call us loud and annoying this time!” Chansung added, laughing at how embarrassing they were when they were tricked into thinking they were filming “Birth of a Great Star” during their last comeback.

            Victoria laughed at how silly the members were.

            “Go eat,” she pointed at the food before taking KiTeok from Nichkhun. “I made papaya-bok-bok and Thai food today!” she said excitedly. She watched carefully as Nichkhun took a bite, waiting for his reaction. “Omo, so yummy!” he smiled. “And it’s still hot!? Did you just make it?” he asked, feeding her a spoonful.

            “Mmmhmm.” She mumbled with food in .

            “KiTeok ah, these are your uncles! Appa’s brothers. You have to play with them and they will buy you lots of presents.” Victoria explained.

            “Uncle!” KiTeok repeated. “I like!” he continued, smiling at 2PM and melting their hearts.

            “Yah your kid is so smart! I’m going to buy him everything!” JunK promised, poking KiTeok’s cheeks.

            As the members ate, Nichkhun fed some to KiTeok from time to time, showing his fatherly side. Nichkhun and Taecyeon got dressed in their suits and got ready to perform “My Valentine”.

            “Does appa look handsome?” He asked KiTeok as Victoria fixed his tie.

            Since handsome was not in KiTeok’s vocabulary, he shook his head no, making 2PM and the makeup team laugh.

            “I think you’re handsome” Victoria comforted him.

            “What about me? Do I look better than Nichkhun hyung?” Taecyeon beamed.

            “Obviously not!” Nichkhun said, pushing him away jokingly. “Wait, while you’re here can you take a picture of us?” he said as he dragged Taecyeon back.

            “Do I have a choice? Oh, what a cute family! Ready? 1… 2… 3… smile!”

            “Go make the nation’s ladies faint!” 2PM cheered as the two left for the stage.

            Victoria checked the photo as the remaining 2PM members played with KiTeok. They really did look like a family, with Nichkhun dressed in a black suit. She was in a little red dress with a white cardigan on while KiTeok had a little black bow tie over his pink dress shirt. He was wearing a grey Lacoste cardigan that matched Victoria’s.

            Victoria watched Nichkhun’s performance, swooning over how dreamy he looked, shining on the stage. His voice gave her goosebumps as she glued her eyes to the screen in the room.

            “He’s so handsome.” Wooyoung joked, walking beside Victoria.

            “So so so handsome.” Victoria said absentmindedly. “Omo, ani… you guys are handsome also.” She stammered, embarrassed by her fan-girling over Nichkhun.

            Wooyoun laughed. “It’s okay, we’ve come to accept the fact that we’re more funny and entertaining than good looking. Girls like a sense of humor more than looks nowadays.” He assured himself, making Victoria laugh.

            “Did you guys finish the food yet?” she asked, beginning to clean up.

            “Ani ani, let us clean up!” Chansung said, nudging her away. She smiled, remembering how she said Chansung was cute and making Nichkhun jealous.

            “No no, go play with my baby! Let me clean up!” She insisted.

            “Fine.” Chansung agreed.

            “Yah, Chansung you didn’t even attempt to put up a fight!” JunHo complained, helping to collect the dishes. “We’re supposed to take care of Victoria!”

            Victoria felt so loved. “Ani ani, it’s okay! Let me do it please JunHo!”

            After much bickering, the dishes were finally clean. Nichkhun and Taecyeon returned shortly after, getting changed into a different suit for their next performance. Nichkhun and Victoria took KiTeok outside to greet the other idols as they waited for their next performance.

            All the sunbae-nims commented on how Khuntoria’s real baby would be so pretty, making the couple blush.

            “You guys really look like a family!” someone commented.

            “Aiish, I wish I made a family with Nichkhun!” Jung Joori (she’s a comedian) commented.

            “Victoria would be such a good wife in real life. Cherish her!” an uncle sunbae warned Nichkhun. “Otherwise I’m going to beat you up on behalf of all the uncles fans!”

            “Omo, are you guys really married now? Finally!” someone else said excitedly.

            They made it to SHINee’s waiting room after being hassled by people in the hallway. SHINee was more than excited to see KiTeok even though it made them miss Yoogeun.

            Minho and KiTeok immediately became friends, surprising Victoria as her baby was always shy.

            “Who do you think is cuter? KiTeok or Yoogeun?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Obviously our Yoogeun!” Taemin answered immediately.

            “Yah yah yah…” Nichkhun threatened jokingly.

            “Your baby is cute too!” Onew added, circling around the baby but refusing to touch him.

            “Hyung stop being scared by babies!” Jonghyun said, making fun of Onew for still being afraid of touching babies. “Come here to good looking hyung!” he said, extending his hand.

            “APPA!” KiTeok immediately cried, turning around to look for Nichkhun.

            “Your face is too ugly!” Key joked. “KiTeok-ah, come here to Key-hyung!” he said, offering a lollipop.

            KiTeok’s face lit up and jumped over to Key, smiling sweetly in anticipation of the candy.

            “That, hyung, is how it’s done.” Key boasted.

            “Noona, I heard you guys get to live together for the show!” Minho asked, raising his eyebrows. “Khun hyung must be lucky!” The two boys fish bumped, making Victoria embarrassed.

            “I wonder how Yoogeun is doing!” Jonghyun sighed, looking at the camera. “Yooguen ah, appas miss you!” he cried. “PD-nims! Do a Hello Baby 2 with SHINee!” he begged, making the crew laugh.

            The couple then ran into SNSD on their way back to 2PM’s waiting room. The girls took turns trying to get KiTeok’s attention but with no luck. He was getting cranky and attached himself to Victoria.

            “He’s so much cuter than Kyungsan!” Jessica said, tickling KiTeok.

            “Yah onni! You can’t say that about our baby!” Seohyun commented. “Kyungsan-ah, Seohyun omma thinks you’re the cutest!” she said sincerely to the camera.

            “Why do all guy babies hate me?” Sooyoung complained when KiTeok ignored her. “You’re the second boy to reject me, you know!” she joked, thinking about how SHINee’s baby also rejected her.

            “You guys look so cute together!” Tiffany beamed, making a frame with her hands. “Just like a real family. You better be treating onni right, or we’ll have to come get you.” She warned Nichkhun. Victoria was truly like a mom to everyone at SM. He was about to mention something about Taecyeon in retaliation, had the cameras not been there, Tiffany would for sure lose this banter, he thought.

            The couple left with KiTeok as 9:30 came around. Victoria held KiTeok by the stage as she watched 2PM perform their ballad and hand out roses to the crowd of screaming fan girls. Every time Nichkhun winked at the camera, a wave of screams would start. Victoria was so proud of her hot boyfriend. By the time the show came to an end, KiTeok was already asleep in Victoria’s arms. As 2PM got undressed and got ready to go home, she waited on the couch, happy that her Valentine’s day surprise was a success.

            The camera crew continued to follow them after they bid 2PM goodnight. Nichkhun took KiTeok from Victoria’s sore arms immediately and put him into the car seat as they drove home, holding hands.

            After setting KiTeok down and bidding the camera crew goodnight, Nichkhun picked Victoria up and carried her to the bathroom. He brought wine and drew a bath for them to soak their feet in. She leaned on his shoulders, tired from running around all day.

            “Happy Valentine’s Day” she said, clinking her wine glass to his.

            “Sorry we had to share it with the rest of the world.” He apologized, kissing her gently.

            “It’s okay, I’m glad we’re here now.” She said, kissing him back.

            They sat for a while, talking about sweet nothings before they tiptoed upstairs to their bedroom and got changed for bed.

            “You know, Valentine’s Day is supposed to be super romantic.” Nichkhun said, patting her side of the bed.

            “It was romantic.” She said, not picking up his hint as she climbed into bed.

            “We can make it even more romantic.” He suggested, making her blush.

            Nichkhun turned off the lights, leaving the room with moonlight only. At first it started out slow, the two of them taking time to kiss. Slowly they undressed each other, shy at first, but let’s be honest, who could resist Nichkhun’s 6-pack?

            He was in no hurry to get anywhere, loving her gently and making sure he wasn’t hurting her. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t dream of this day. Victoria lying under him was like a dream come true. As cliché as it is to have their “first-time” on Valentine’s Day, Nichkhun has no complaints. Victoria was not a shy person in bed and he loved that about her. He was so thankful that he had such a flexible girlfriend.

            Victoria has always imagined his “beast-idol” boyfriend to be a rough lover, but as she took in his sweet scent, she realized how much he loved him for being so gentle when he was with her. He was so strong but so loving at the same time; it was like nothing she had ever expected… not that she ever thought about Nichkhun that way. She couldn’t deny that she thought his body was hot, but never in her life did she think they’d be doing… this. She felt so comfortable letting him explore her body, it was like he was too, waiting for this for a while.

            They couldn’t recall how long they made love for, but Nichkhun woke up with a smile the next morning as he looked at Victoria, lying in his arms. He thought about all the possible next-time’s they were going to have, trying hard to convince himself not to wake her up then and there.

            “Omma! Omma!” a familiar voice called from the other room, shattering Nichkhun’s fantasies with Victoria.

            She woke up groggily, looking at Nichkhun and lifting her blankets to make sure last night wasn’t a dream. She covered herself up, embarrassed again now that it was daytime.

            “There’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” Nichkhun winked, earning a punch from Victoria.

            “Our baby’s crying.” She said, taking his t-shirt and putting on her pajama pants.

            Nichkhun put his boxers and pajama pants on, following Victoria to KiTeok’s room.

            Victoria turned around and gasp when she saw his six-pack, suddenly recalling last night. Nickhun could tell be her blushing that she was thinking about last night, and asked jokingly: “Should I put a shirt on? Or will you stop staring?”

            She stuck her tongue out at him before taking KiTeok downstairs, cameras starting to roll again. As if he understood and felt the love between them, KiTeok smiled brightly at his parents. “Appa, Omma!” he chanted in between bites of breakfast.